September 2020 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

September 2020 New Heroes  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2020 at 05:01 AM

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think a seasonal is actually the perfect way for Tormod to get added. He's boyish and excitable enough to gladly visit any sort of festival and nail any costume. Plus it would be cute if he and Muarim got to have some father-son bonding time. 

Perhaps, but he wouldn't be in the permanent pool and will almost certainly never get a weapon refine (as opposed to "maybe eventually at some point") and all his quotes would be limited to the context of whatever holiday he's celebrating. It's better than nothing of course, but I'd strongly prefer a not-seasonal before a seasonal.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seasonals come in degrees of canonicity for me, Greil turning up with a relatively restrained outfit, with a regular looking axe, is barely a seasonal. From a distance it's hard to tell he's anything but a regular unit , so I tend to feel that that kind of representation is "good enough" for now. It's a far cry from Xander in a Speedo wielding a floatie, or to give an example of a character in seasonal-only form, Charlotte. Now while I feel the former type of seasonal is pretty boring, I get the feeling that they're done intentionally like that to cover for the fact that a regular pool form won't be appearing in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Humanoid

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Seasonals come in degrees of canonicity for me, Greil turning up with a relatively restrained outfit, with a regular looking axe, is barely a seasonal. From a distance it's hard to tell he's anything but a regular unit , so I tend to feel that that kind of representation is "good enough" for now. It's a far cry from Xander in a Speedo wielding a floatie, or to give an example of a character in seasonal-only form, Charlotte. Now while I feel the former type of seasonal is pretty boring, I get the feeling that they're done intentionally like that to cover for the fact that a regular pool form won't be appearing in the foreseeable future.

That's certainly a relevant consideration. Darros is perhaps the most striking example - in addition to having his normal unit type, he's in pretty much his normal outfit. Even his lines talk about stuff that makes perfect sense for regular Darros! The only real change is his weapon, you can have him equip a normal axe but he's still got the swabber in his art.

It ties into why I like themes like dancers and Valentine's Day, where the characters are just dressing up fancy in ways that feel like a good match for the characters and settings.