Create your own ideal new Sub-Mario series franchise based on a new protagonist introduced similar to like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario had?

King Marth 64

I was thinking of this for a while, I do recall that the Mario franchise has three other protagonists that came from Mario games from the start and then got their own series franchise as part of the Mario Sub-Series like Yoshi and Wario had along with Donkey Kong debut at the same time with Mario from the same game before Mario fights Bowser in Super Mario Bros. I do think we definitely think we need a new Mario Sub-Series based off from a new protagonist that deserves his/her own game franchise since I think the last Sub-Series that the character got was Wario from the Super Mario Land series.

So for this thread, you are working for Nintendo and help Shigeru Miyamoto for the development for a new Mario game and thought of adding a new character that later receives his/her own game series. You are to create your ideal Sub-Series that came from the Mario Universe that you think of what you liked to see it happen. Also, I think we should add some like allies, villains, world setting, platform theme, type of platform, items, How the protagonist first encountered Mario in his/her debut appearance, etc. for the new Mario Sub-Series for add more environment as well.

I got my idea should be like I want to create like:

New Main Protagonist: Probably a female character that uses Knives and Weapon Staff as her choice of fighting style since the other protagonists are guys

Nintendo System debut: Probably a Nintendo Switch or a future Nintendo console after the Nintendo Switch

The main protagonist's allies introduced in the series: An echo fighter from the main protagonist (saving it for a future Super Smash Bros. game and I definitely remembered that we haven't seen an Echo Fighter from a Mario Sub-Series in Ultimate), some connected close Mario characters like Bowser Jr.'s real mother that we haven't seen yet and Rosalina's brother that was mentioned in Super Mario Galaxy, etc., and a Cranky Kong like character

Villains: Big Bad Guy, his big henchmen similar to the Koopalings (maybe 4 Major ones and 8 Supporters), Chinese styled army, Rats, etc.

World Setting: An Asian type setting

Platform Theme: 2D

Type of Platform: Metroidvania styled Platformer

Items: Ramen (Power-up), Pork Bun (1-up), etc.

How did the protagonist first encountered Mario in her debut appearance: Tricked by Bowser and thought Mario was stealing the Golden Statue for himself.

Donkey Kong isn't a Mario spin-off, though as the Donkey Kong Arcade game came first. If anything, Mario is a spin-off of Donkey Kong, one that became more popular than its parent franchise..

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

They should make a series of city building games featuring large populations of ShyGuys.

Ok, what type of protagonist is he/she do you had in mind for that City Building game Mario Sub-Series, is the protagonist is a Shy Guy that has a unique character design, correct or is it a part of a different species? Also, is the City Building game kinda similar to Sim City, correct?

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ok, what type of protagonist is he/she do you had in mind for that City Building game Mario Sub-Series, is the protagonist is a Shy Guy that has a unique character design, correct or is it a part of a different species? Also, is the City Building game kinda similar to Sim City, correct?

It's General Guy.

It's a spinoff staring General Guy from Paper Mario.

Probably is like Sim City, but maybe smaller scale. Like, you're really building a small castle town where the population is measured in individual shyguys, not thousands of shyguys. You place a shop that sells mushrooms or something.

A sequel to Super Princess Peach. Its only game to feature Peach as the protagonist, and I'm genuinely shocked that Peach has yet to have a series starring herself, I mean she is one of the flagship characters, yet nothing. We need a year of the Peach.

Okay. Here's one I've been joking about for a while.
Waluigi's Apartment Complex.
It's like a parody of Luigi's Mansion conceptually. Except, Waluigi owns this huge apartment complex for monsters, and sneaks into the tenants' apartments to steal their stuff. Every once in a while, he screws up and ends up trapped and has to fight the apartment's tenant. Basically, the main character is, arguably the villain. Naturally, the game ends with a karmic boot to his posterior as one of the battles results in the apartment building being condemned, and Waluigi out of pocket. Naturally, by the time the sequel rolls around he's learned nothing and is ready to engage in petty crime against his tenants all-over again.

As for the tenants.... well, this is the fun part. We can draw forth a mix of recurring baddies like Petey Piranha, more one-off characters like Hooktail or Scumflower (Wario Land the Shake Dimension), and of course OC characters (presumably including the final boss). Why? For the sheer fun of designing apartments personalized to each tenant. Whether lava-filled, or waterlogged. Naturally, this means the gameplay is going to be more focused on traversing/looting the rooms than combat.... which will be more about manipulating the environment to do your work for you (i.e, essentially setting traps).

I just want to see more Captain Toad puzzle-platformer games. Treasure Tracker was a very fun game, and I would like to see what the series would be capable of with more resources. 

My idea for expanding upon Captain Toad would be a Captain Toad game with a more cohesive world (or at least a more cohesive journey) and more elaborate puzzles.

Perhaps even borrow a page from Zelda's book and give Captain Toad some permanent items that add to the puzzle solving. The headlamp he wears is neat, but it's more of a novelty as it's only really useful for getting rid of Boos. Perhaps a puzzle that requires turning the headlamp on and off for various tasks would be neat. 

Edited by vanguard333

Personally, I want to see more Birdo. And I want the proper original version transgender Birdo, not the weird retcon cisgender version they give us these days. Put her in something around the general space of a visual novel, narrative adventure or walking sim, and I am there. Of course, this would probably only sell about 8 copies globally (3 of which would be to me), so it's obviously never going to happen, but I'm not going to let that stop me from wanting it.

A turn based rpg where you play as bowser jr and the rest of your party are koopalings. Or something where you play as those guys, I want them to have more fleshed out personalities because I think they look cool. I can’t think of a better genre for that.

9 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

It's like a parody of Luigi's Mansion conceptually. Except, Waluigi owns this huge apartment complex for monsters, and sneaks into the tenants' apartments to steal their stuff. Every once in a while, he screws up and ends up trapped and has to fight the apartment's tenant. Basically, the main character is, arguably the villain. Naturally, the game ends with a karmic boot to his posterior as one of the battles results in the apartment building being condemned, and Waluigi out of pocket. Naturally, by the time the sequel rolls around he's learned nothing and is ready to engage in petty crime against his tenants all-over again.

As for the tenants.... well, this is the fun part. We can draw forth a mix of recurring baddies like Petey Piranha, more one-off characters like Hooktail or Scumflower (Wario Land the Shake Dimension), and of course OC characters (presumably including the final boss). Why? For the sheer fun of designing apartments personalized to each tenant. Whether lava-filled, or waterlogged. Naturally, this means the gameplay is going to be more focused on traversing/looting the rooms than combat.... which will be more about manipulating the environment to do your work for you (i.e, essentially setting traps).

I love this. Kinda reminds me of Hotel Translyvania.

17 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

It's like a parody of Luigi's Mansion conceptually. Except, Waluigi owns this huge apartment complex for monsters, and sneaks into the tenants' apartments to steal their stuff.

These are the sorts of creative ideas that the world needs more of. Waluigi has been waiting for his own game since the N64 and now the perfect idea has been suggested.

12 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I just want to see more Captain Toad puzzle-platformer games.

Waluigi's Apartment Complex ft. Taco Stands could be the 3D puzzle platformer to combine Captain Toad and Wario Land into a single stealth-action puzzle platformer where you trick Piranha Plant into standing under a bucket of lava so you can steal his Smash Bros invitation.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Shy City?

Yeah that'll work.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 9/13/2020 at 3:22 AM, ZeManaphy said:

A sequel to Super Princess Peach. Its only game to feature Peach as the protagonist, and I'm genuinely shocked that Peach has yet to have a series starring herself, I mean she is one of the flagship characters, yet nothing. We need a year of the Peach.

Hear me out, though - a buddy-cop drama starring Peach and Daisy. The strait-laced one who plays by the rules, and the renegade who doesn't listen to what Chief Toadsworth says, but she gets results, dammit! Anyway, the Koopalings have been koopanapped, and Mario & Luigi are the prime suspects! How can this pair of policing princesses find the victims, while also clearing their boyfriends' names?

On 9/13/2020 at 1:56 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's General Guy.

It's a spinoff staring General Guy from Paper Mario.

Probably is like Sim City, but maybe smaller scale. Like, you're really building a small castle town where the population is measured in individual shyguys, not thousands of shyguys. You place a shop that sells mushrooms or something.

Love this one! Maybe you could even develop below the surface, too, like in Rogueport?

On 9/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, lenticular said:

Personally, I want to see more Birdo. And I want the proper original version transgender Birdo, not the weird retcon cisgender version they give us these days. Put her in something around the general space of a visual novel, narrative adventure or walking sim, and I am there. Of course, this would probably only sell about 8 copies globally (3 of which would be to me), so it's obviously never going to happen, but I'm not going to let that stop me from wanting it.

I've got it - it's a story where the main character is dating Birdo, but then cheats on her with Ostro. In his fits of guilt, he has nightmares where he has to climb up towers of blocks, before they come crumbling down beneath him. Andwe can name it Catherine, after Birdo's original Japanese name.

Seriously, though, just localize Captain Rainbow already Nintendo.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:33 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I've got it - it's a story where the main character is dating Birdo, but then cheats on her with Ostro. In his fits of guilt, he has nightmares where he has to climb up towers of blocks, before they come crumbling down beneath him. Andwe can name it Catherine, after Birdo's original Japanese name.

I'm sorry is that last fact true? Kinda wild that one.

As for a Mario choice, I want to suggest an RTS style focused on Dry Bones as a zombie army an an unrealistic idea, while Lakitu taking the role of aerial ace could also be one (Aerial combat, fighting off flying enemies and protecting Koopas just trying to get from place to place). Mario et al. with flying powerups could be bosses as well.