This is a PSA: Read One Piece

Ottservia

Just now, Ottservia said:

Well I mean he ain’t wrong. One piece is like really good

i am also ~250 chapters behind because i put it on hold a few years ago due to exams

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i am also ~250 chapters behind because i put it on hold a few years ago due to exams

That would be around the dressrossa arc right? I stopped there a while back to but I’ve started rereading the manga recently and it has been a complete joy. Just finished skypiea and I’m loving every second of it.

I currently own a copy of 1-in-3 Big Manga of One Piece that has Vol. 1, 2, and 3 from Viz Media as of right now. Zolo is copy right like Deadly Queen. We have no Batman in One Piece and Trafalgar D. Water Law is Chrom.

Edited by King Marth 64

No interest in anime or manga, games with influences from anime is as far as I go, so no thanks. But if when it finally ends there's controversy, maybe I'll drink a tipple of the fan chatter if it's delightful.🍿 -For the sake of the fans themselves though I hope it doesn't finish that way.

I actually did think about getting into One Piece and watched the first three arcs. And i did like it. But i also realized that i didn't feel like keeping up with a continuous story that's been on-going for like 20 years with no breaks. One Piece does seem pretty cool, i just don't have the time to really commit to it, quarantine or not.

If One Piece was something that came out recently with not much too it yet, I would consider it. HOWEVER, it's flippin' huge, and unfortunately it's not something I see myself getting into due the absurd length of it. It's been around for so many years, not to mention that it's still ongoing, so by the time I would theoretically "catch up," I'd have to watch another thousand episodes that had come out when I had started before I'm actually caught up to it.

Not dissing One Piece in any way, I'm sure it's fantastic, but there's only so much time that I have to dedicate to my interests. I'd rather spend time watching something with a foreseeable end to it on the horizon that I can reach. Maybe it's because I feel that I'm way too late to start, which is how I feel concerning My Hero Academia, which already has a fifth season on it's way.

41 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

But why?

no but like seriously I know nothing about one piece

Cause one piece is really fuckin good

29 minutes ago, Shimmerfang said:

I just can't fathom any story requiring 900+ manga chapters to convey, and I know if I read it, the pace will be unbearable. 

The pacing isn’t so bad. Only in the anime is the pacing really an issue tbh. On my current reread of the series I’ve gotten through 300 chapters in the span of three days. It’s really not that bad. I’m not even that fast of a reader. Hell my friend was able to entirely catch up over the course of a weekend

also @Troykv read the manga the anime is kinda shit. 

Edited by Ottservia

15 hours ago, indigoasis said:

If One Piece was something that came out recently with not much too it yet, I would consider it. HOWEVER, it's flippin' huge, and unfortunately it's not something I see myself getting into due the absurd length of it. It's been around for so many years, not to mention that it's still ongoing, so by the time I would theoretically "catch up," I'd have to watch another thousand episodes that had come out when I had started before I'm actually caught up to it.

Not dissing One Piece in any way, I'm sure it's fantastic, but there's only so much time that I have to dedicate to my interests. I'd rather spend time watching something with a foreseeable end to it on the horizon that I can reach. Maybe it's because I feel that I'm way too late to start, which is how I feel concerning My Hero Academia, which already has a fifth season on it's way.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually did think about getting into One Piece and watched the first three arcs. And i did like it. But i also realized that i didn't feel like keeping up with a continuous story that's been on-going for like 20 years with no breaks. One Piece does seem pretty cool, i just don't have the time to really commit to it, quarantine or not.

This is why you read the manga instead. The pacing is much better

3 hours ago, XRay said:

The series is too long.

Depending on how fast you can read you can catch up in maybe a week.

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

This is why you read the manga instead. The pacing is much better

You're right but i'm not really a manga reader. I typically do anime -> pick up the manga where the anime left off but that's only if i care enough to keep up with the story after the anime ends.