Which voiceover language do you prefer to listen?

IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie

Voiceover Language for any FE installment?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Voiceover Language for any FE installment?

Well, in my personal options, I prefer to listen the Japanese voices from the characters from the series, but, I don't care about their english voices, because, I don't like to listen that, just for my opinion. And you, which voiceover language do you want to listen for any Fire Emblem game?

Edited by IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie

The main reason I listen to Japanese dubs is if the English voice acting is generally worse or if I don’t like it. That said, of the FE games with voice acting I’ve played, the English dubs have been excellent, so I don’t mind keeping it in English.

i generally stick to the english voice acting simply because i'm so tired of japanese characters always sounding the same: the squeaking loli, the edgy boy, the big and dark-toned dedue dude, the excessively gasping onee-san: it's like in japan every character belonging to a certain anime trope MUST sound the same as other clones characters belonging to the same stereotype category

of course, there's english voice acting which is beyond hyperuranion-level of trash, such as Inazuma Eleven (IE3 in particular), but FE's voice acting has never been this bad, so i always go for english voice acting, if possible

Edited by Yexin

For Fire Emblem in particular I actually prefer, well... both. I always do several playthroughs and am curious how my perception of the characters changes when doing a subsequent run with different voice overs. 

Apart from FE though, in japanese games I prefer japanese voice overs, with a few notable exceptions like the Metal Gear or Resident Evil series.  

I pretty much exclusively play games with English voices given the choice, since I positively despise a particular type of voice direction for female characters that seems to pop up a lot. I legitimately would prefer to play with voices turned off altogether rather than listen to that while I play a game. It helps that I genuinely do not see what's so allegedly "bad" about English dubs of things; I find most dubs made nowadays to be about the same as the original Japanese voice tracks in terms of quality overall.

3 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

I pretty much exclusively play games with English voices given the choice, since I positively despise a particular type of voice direction for female characters that seems to pop up a lot. I legitimately would prefer to play with voices turned off altogether rather than listen to that while I play a game. It helps that I genuinely do not see what's so allegedly "bad" about English dubs of things; I find most dubs made nowadays to be about the same as the original Japanese voice tracks in terms of quality overall.

Let me guess, the high ptiched anime girl voice that no actual person in real life uses? that pretty much every person hates? (I've never met a single person who actually enjoys high pitched anime girl voice.)

I wasn't even aware FE let you you play with the Japanese dub, I stick to English in all these games (Such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro for instance of games where it's advised to play the dub) with for my first playthrough, since often incidental unsubbed dialogue will be missed otherwise (Or in the case of S.T.A.L.K.E.R alot of campfire songs/conversations/jokes since those never got offically dubbed, I've only understood them with mods that add subtitles for them.) though I tend to play with the origina non-English VA track on a second playthrough once I already know what's being said.

I know I'll probably do the Mafia Remake with the Czech dub on a second playthrough when that comes out.

Edited by Samz707

While I always watch films in their original language, I prefer to watch "dubbed media" (like animated films) in a language that I can understand and “evaluate.” If I watched it in a language that I am not familiar with, I would never know if the intonation, pace and clarity of the voice fit the scene. The tone may be perfect in one language and still completely strange in mine. It is cultural.
This is not the case with films because there is no separation between the voice and the acting as a whole in a scene.

In Fire Emblem, where the characters do not even "act" but only gesticulate, if at all, the choice is even simpler. I do not see the point of listening it in a language that I do not understand, for I would not know what tone to expect in different situations. I would never know how good the dub actually is if I do not know the language and the culture.

Edited by starburst

Instead to the latest installments, Radiant Dawn was dubbed in Spanish, French, German and Italian for the first time, instead to English and Japanese. But, the later installments hasn't continued dubbing in 4 European Languages. And I hope in a future, I wish if Fire Emblem: Three Houses is going to be dubbed in Latin Spanish. As I'm from Mexico, and my native language is in Spanish, but I speak English too, and I'm learning to speak Japanese. And I wanted from my proposal idea for the Latin Spanish dub for Three Houses

Edited by IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie