So what's the silliest thing you've done in an FE Game?

Samz707

Either silly joke promotions (Like Myrmidon Wrys) or simply silly things, what have you done?

I grinded Nils to level 20 on Lyn mode on my first playthrough of FE7, Which ended up being very overkill, due to bad experiences with ambush spawns on Awakening, it took as long as you probably think it did and well, turned out to be pointless since he's the one member of Lyndis' Legion you don't get back for 90 percent of the game.

Edited by Samz707

bought revelations

When I first played fe7 I promoted everyone at level 10 not because I thought it would be smarter, but because I thought the game wouldn’t be long enough to warrant getting everyone to level 20. I also didn’t understand the concept of units being bad at base but getting better over time, so I benched some characters I really should have used like Dart and Florina.

On my first play through of three houses, I assumed optimal play would be to get everyone into a master class because obviously, so I spent many a lecture instructing Dedue and Mercedes in riding to get them into Great Knight and Holy Knight, but only then did I realize that holy knight, despite being a faith class, takes away all of Mercedes’ white magic use increasing abilities that bishop and priest give, so after spending like half the game training her in riding I used the class in one auxiliary battle. 😂

Edited by Sooks1016

I'm sure I've done lots of silly things in the past, but my most recent blunder happened in Three Houses when I trained Byleth to be a caviler which is really hard to do since you can only train him in riding by talking to other professors. He fell behind the rest of the army pretty quickly and by the end game he was borderline useless aside from being able to use the sword of the creator. Long story short, don't build Byleth into mounts, keep his boots on the ground.

Let's see...

• Killed Matthew in the first chapter of HHM because I thought that the knight wouldn't attack him since he hadn't moved before.
  • I wanted to unlock genesis in FE7, so I modified Hero Crests to promote dancers back into dancers, so now I have a level 20/20 Ninian with capped speed, luck, defense and resistance.
  • Mage Raphael.
  • Myrmidon Wrys
  • Actually equipping Lyn with the Sol Katti
  • Training all three lords in FE7 every time

My first game was Awakening, and I went into it blind and had no idea about promotion at all. So I never promoted any of my characters  at all, and ended up getting stuck in the Mila Tree level for 2 weeks before actually looking stuff up. I also didn't know about supports but I DID know about the whole marriage mechanic, so I just spent the whole first arc trying to get my Robin to marry Lon'qu by making them stand next to each other all the time, only to accidentally marry Chrom at the end of the arc. 

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Let's see..

• Training all three lords in FE7 every time
  • Actually equipping Lyn with the Sol Katti

Honestly I gave Lyn pretty much all the EXP on my first playthrough of Lyn mode, she was still too weak to take on Ludngren, she did get good late-game but I do doubt it would work as well on Hard mode. (And she was definitely not as good as Rutger from FE6.)

Also I too was guilty of actually trying to use the Sol Katti, I was kinda thankful I used the repair staff on the Mani katti earlier after a few attempts as I eventually just outright used it, I'm pretty sure the Sol Katti is flat-out worse than the Mani Katti since the weight penalty. (They seriously should have made the weight penalty be negated with strength or something considering how it's literally impossible I think for Lyn to use it in a non-hacked game without penalty.)

2 hours ago, Emmy said:

Not petting the cats in fe3h

Sadly I don't have the DLC so not an option. :( (People who put petting animals behind a pay wall are the ultimate evil.)

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I played the entirety of Awakening (my first FE game) without really knowing about the weapon triangle. Apparently I missed Frederick’s dialogue or something, but yeah, I went the whole game without paying any attention to it.

To be fair, Frederick is more powerful than the weapon triangle.

3 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I'm sure I've done lots of silly things in the past, but my most recent blunder happened in Three Houses when I trained Byleth to be a caviler which is really hard to do since you can only train him in riding by talking to other professors. He fell behind the rest of the army pretty quickly and by the end game he was borderline useless aside from being able to use the sword of the creator. Long story short, don't build Byleth into mounts, keep his boots on the ground.

Wait so Byleth sucks as a mount unit? I went female Byleth solely to be a Pegasus Rider, I didn't train towards it yet at least.

1 minute ago, Samz707 said:

Sadly I don't have the DLC so not an option. 😞 (People who put petting animals behind a pay wall are the ultimate evil.)

You can’t pet them, just feed them your veggies and meat that you would have used for meals. Still evil though.

23 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Honestly I gave Lyn pretty much all the EXP on my first playthrough of Lyn mode, she was still too weak to take on Ludngren, she did get good late-game but I do doubt it would work as well on Hard mode. (And she was definitely not as good as Rutger from FE6.)

Tbh even Fir is far better than Lyn for a few reasons-not having 1-2 range is a killer in FE7, whereas it isn't that important inFE6 due to the weapons being nerfed and it being more player-phase based. (The +30 crit is very helpful for Fir too.)

25 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I'm pretty sure the Sol Katti is flat-out worse than the Mani Katti since the weight penalty. (

Oh, definitely-same might as a silver sword, and while the crit rate is nice, Lyn losing EIGHT POINTS OF SPEED FROM IT makes it totally pointless, and the mere double ffectiveness makes it still really awful against the dragon. (IIRC Lyn needs 17 points of strength to deal any damage to it at all.) I wish I'd known about the weight system when I played Eliwood normal...

One thing that comes to mind is in the very first FE I finished, FE8, The chapter Colm joined I only used him to open chests. At the end of that chapter I put all his items in the convoy. I didn't know he could use the swords he had, I tried giving him exp in all manner of ways, except for fighting because he didn't have a weapon. I felt really dumb when I found out he could have used swords all that time during one of the last chapters.

But the most recent silliest thing is my punching playthrough from FE3H, everybody is a war master that is punching with their bare hands. Seeing Hanneman and Ignatz being absolute beasts with their bare hands while wearing their standard mage robes is so much fun. Even though I'm playing hard mode I'm just steamrolling through this, Ferdinand is absolutely unbeatable with brawl avoid +20, it's hilarious. (Ashe and Ferdinand took down remire village Death Knight with their bare hands before they had brawl avoid +20, it looked awesome.)

I played Radiant Dawn Hard mode and brought some fun units to Tower. I trained Lyre, which was not fun at all, but watching her Rend her way through Endgame was hilarious. I also trained Sanaki all the way up, capping her strength with BEXP to allow her to double Auras with Rexflame+White Pool. I used all three dragons to help Sanaki and Volke take out a single cover tile Aura, which was stupid and fun. 

Another classic was forking Silque over into the Cav line in Echoes and grinding her to cap all of her stats but Res. Watching her crush the game from there on out with Gradivus was awesome.

Finally, everything that I have ever done with Tina in Thracia 776 could be considered stupid. The amount of memes that you can pull off with Thief Staff is ridiculous. She's my favorite unit to use in series history because of Thief and Movement Stars. Leg Ring Tina running around and killing things with tomes was also dumb and funny.

Edited by Harb1ng3r

Overpaying for a Nintendo Switch in mid 2018 and keeping it in its box for about ten months, "just for the new Fire Emblem game." And the game was terrible disappointment for me.
The silver lining? Being a previous model, the device could be hacked, which has allowed me to try many other games before purchasing them.

In-game: Thinking, for many months and across various campaigns, that Beast Stones in Conquest were considered "red" and part of the Weapon Triangle. 😬
I will surely remember more silly things and come back.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, starburst said:

Overpaying for a Nintendo Switch in mid 2018 and keeping it in its box for about ten months, "just for the new Fire Emblem game." And the game was terrible disappointment for me.
The silver lining? Being a previous model, the device could be hacked, which has allowed me to try many other games before purchasing them.

In-game: Thinking, for many months and across various campaigns, that Beast Stones in Conquest were considered "red" and part of the Weapon Triangle. 😬
I will surely remember more silly things and come back.

Reminds me of how I got a better pc for a bunch of games, which all turned out to be kinda bad, I have played games since then that only my new pc could run but it was kinda upsetting at the time.

I turned Nils/Ninian into essentially my demolition experts  during FE7, since Mines take up inventory spots and everyone else was carrying weapons and healing items, I gave them my mines/light runes in their inventory, I didn't use them too much but that's more due to me being forced to use them sparingly due to lack of them.