Frontline Phalanx

XRay

This is a new mode like Voting Gauntlet where you log in every eight hours to spend some type of stamina and items, in this case, Forces and Shields respectively.

Feel free to talk about who you are supporting, when you are using your Shields, and any other stuff that is relevant to the mode.

There was a moment where the payout was 9.9x but the chance of success was apparently 0. So I shielded and it activated the super shield and we won the big bucks.

But yeah I honestly don't understand my objective. 3* Ashnard's dead so I guess it's going well

Edited by Glennstavos

I have just been using all my support points on Elincia since she has been giving 9.9x multipliers all day. Even though it says 9% chance of success as long as the Skjaldborg gets activated it auto wins and you score a lot of points.

Edited by NSSKG151

54 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I have just been using all my support points on Elincia since she has been giving 9.9x multipliers all day. Even though it says 9% chance of success as long as the Skjaldborg gets activated it auto wins and you score a lot of points.

Oof. Feels like I made a dumb mistake.

I have been spending my Forces on Sanaki since she is the one who most likely to succeed and I have not used any Shields yet. I think I will try dump all my Forces on Elincia next time and use my Shields.

Edited by XRay

Yeah I haven't used any shields and have just been supporting the "recommended" one. Then one time I realised that the recommendation changes every time you leave and re-enter the screen and I realise my entire life has been a lie.

Did some testing just now, and Anna always appears to recommend the riskiest option, Alfonse the safest one, and Sharena the capricious witch appears to choose any of the four completely at random (I kept redoing it until she landed on all four at least once each). So at least knowing the former two's personalities gives some idea as to the value of their advice, whereas Sharena is completely useless.

Edited by Humanoid

Interesting. I don’t quite know what I’m doing, but it’s great to see everyone learning at the same time, and especially from one another.

I have been spreading my forces wide, and I was confused as to why Elincia kept getting so much support yet still succeeding. 

I got a like super victory or whatever with Cain once, so there’s that. 

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Oof. Feels like I made a dumb mistake.

I have been spending my Forces on Sanaki since she is the one who most likely to succeed and I have not used any Shields yet. I think I will try dump all my Forces on Elincia next time and use my Shields.

From my understanding this mode feels like a risk vs reward type of mode where characters who are more likely to win gives a lower multiplier but those less likely to win gives bigger multiplier and give you a bigger score if they succeed. Except the Guardian Shield is essentially a cheat item that auto wins for you and so far every time I supported Elincia enough people used their shields for the Skjaldborg to work so it seems like it is always better to go for the risky option. Don't know if it will last the entire nine days but Elincia just seems to be the best option if you are going for points.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've given support units to Caineghis. I might give some to Elincia. I dunno. So far, this mode seems kinda mindless and I'm not really sure what to do.

You're supposed to give all your support to Elincia because she has the highest multiplier. Sure a high multiplier means the chances of success are low but people are spamming shields which guarantee success. 

Huh, guess we're all seeing the same battle. Wasn't sure if it'd do the GC/Rokkr thing where there's a bunch of different ones.

I spent most of yesterday on the "safer" ones, but eventually figured out that all-in on Elincia is the way to go. Seems pretty straightforward, I imagine they'll do some revisions before the next one to keep it from getting quite this extreme.

Seems like 5* Ashnard is probably going down tonight.

Geez... Elincia stayed with lower chance of winning during all the event. she is so dependent on others... like in her game.

I feel IntSys didn't expect this mode to end this early. There are 5 daily rewards, so I believe they expected to last for at least 5 days. Maybe they do some changes for the next one, like incresing the Boss' HP.

I did one or two supports on Sanaki and Tibarn, to test how it worked... but most on my forces went to Elincia since she kept her multiplier very high during all the event.

44 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Geez... Elincia stayed with lower chance of winning during all the event. she is so dependent on others... like in her game.

I feel IntSys didn't expect this mode to end this early. There are 5 daily rewards, so I believe they expected to last for at least 5 days. Maybe they do some changes for the next one, like incresing the Boss' HP.

I did one or two supports on Sanaki and Tibarn, to test how it worked... but most on my forces went to Elincia since she kept her multiplier very high during all the event.

Increasing the boss's HP would make it last longer, but there's still the matter of making it so that players can't all rally around a single unit and get them shielded continuously. Although making the event last longer would mean having to stretch the shields over a longer timeframe, so maybe that would be enough to make them unreliable and complicate things? They could also increase the shield threshold needed.

14 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It's still confusing.  They really didn't explain it very well at all, even on the FEH channel when they announced it.

You have to use support forces in a unit of your choice. You will get a score based on the amount of forces you use multiplied by the multiplier that unit has in that round, and if you win you will get a higher score. The higher the multiplier, the lower the chances of winning, though. The results are given at start of each round, so every new hour.

You can use a Guardian Shield if you want. Using a shield will grant yo a victory score, even if that unit loses that round. If enough players use a Shield in that unit during that round, a Skjaldborg will occur. When it happens, it's a guaranteed victory. Also, using a shield boost your score by 1.2x, and if the Skjaldborg happens, you get another 1.2x. After using your Support Forces in that round, a Shield wiill appear in the right side of that unit's art. It starts  all dark and empty of color, but it will start to fills everytime players use their shield. Once it it's full, it will be all silver and with sparkles, which means a Skjaldborg will happen.

Once we defeat the boss 3 times, the event is over. If there are daily rewards to get, they will be granted alongside the 3rd boss' rewards.

And... I think that's all you have to know.

I understand that it's a little confusing at first glare... but after you read a little bit about it and try for some rounds... it's not that complicated.

I agree that the FEH Channel didn't do a good job explaining it, but most of this explanation that I did I got from the in-game info and with some experience I had with the mode itself. I didn't search for info outside the game, like forums or youtube.

22 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think it's confusing at first but after getting used to it it's quite easy. Just spam Elincia and people are using their shields on her anyway. We defeated 5* Ashnard, when will we receive the feathers? 

Right away. The feathers are given alongside the Boss rewards and missing daily rewards.

I ended in Rank top 3k, so I got 2,500 feathers... which is pretty nice.

So if you beat the boss too quick you don't all of the participation rewards? Is that their way of making the mode last for some time? Okay the last two rewards were just 5 coins and stone. It's like a raffle I just noticed that, just throw in a bunch of tickets for someone and hope to get lucky. I guess that's what they were going for.

4 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

So if you beat the boss too quick you don't all of the participation rewards? Is that their way of making the mode last for some time?

After the 5* Boss is defeated, all the daily rewards that were not given to us yet are distributed alongside the Boss Reward.

So for beating 5* Ashnard, we get: 1 Orb and 40 Ephemeras 9 + the 5 Stones and 5 Coins from daily reward #4 and #5. No rewards is lost by ending the event sooner that intended.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I narrowly made it into the top 10k, so 1500 feathers.

Interesting that there's another multiplier for when you beat a boss. I wasn't able to time it to get much out of that, but that could be a way to get some big points if you can arrange it.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

After the 5* Boss is defeated, all the daily rewards that were not given to us yet are distributed alongside the Boss Reward.

So for beating 5* Ashnard, we get: 1 Orb and 40 Ephemeras 9 + the 5 Stones and 5 Coins from daily reward #4 and #5. No rewards is lost by ending the event sooner that intended.

I see, I wasn't paying attention. Oh well nothing to worry about regardless.

I didn't get around to it much before it was over, never even finished the quests for the shields, and finished rank 120k or so. Haaah, guess that's my punishment for procrastinating. Still, I like how little involvement is required, more modes like this, horribly balanced as they are, and no more actual combat modes without removing existing ones and there'll be no complaints from me.