Frontline Phalanx

XRay

I did not use my last Shield yet! Oh well.

But yeah, the mode is basically spam Forces to the riskiest option and use Shields if Skjaldborg is not full.

Unless they make some changes, I expect the next Frontline Phalanx to go by even faster since everyone should know how to play now.

I was actually excited for the mode, but I thought I would be fighting some battles myself or something like that.

I had no idea what I was doing and everything seemed so dull.

From the description of how it worked, Elincia had no business having almost a 10x multiplier for all the event, and I supported the lower multiplier characters multiple times and while it was supposedly to be easy battles, I lost a lot of them.Felt pretty nonsensical.

Didn't even use my shields yet and the event is already over aparently.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You have to use support forces in a unit of your choice. You will get a score based on the amount of forces you use multiplied by the multiplier that unit has in that round, and if you win you will get a higher score. The higher the multiplier, the lower the chances of winning, though. The results are given at start of each round, so every new hour.

You can use a Guardian Shield if you want. Using a shield will grant yo a victory score, even if that unit loses that round. If enough players use a Shield in that unit during that round, a Skjaldborg will occur. When it happens, it's a guaranteed victory. Also, using a shield boost your score by 1.2x, and if the Skjaldborg happens, you get another 1.2x. After using your Support Forces in that round, a Shield wiill appear in the right side of that unit's art. It starts  all dark and empty of color, but it will start to fills everytime players use their shield. Once it it's full, it will be all silver and with sparkles, which means a Skjaldborg will happen.

Once we defeat the boss 3 times, the event is over. If there are daily rewards to get, they will be granted alongside the 3rd boss' rewards.

And... I think that's all you have to know.

I understand that it's a little confusing at first glare... but after you read a little bit about it and try for some rounds... it's not that complicated.

I agree that the FEH Channel didn't do a good job explaining it, but most of this explanation that I did I got from the in-game info and with some experience I had with the mode itself. I didn't search for info outside the game, like forums or youtube.

The point I'm saying is you as a player shouldn't have to do that.  The game if it's meant to be casual should explain the whole thing clearly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel this is laziness on IS's part.  Of course the neurotypicals are going to get it and not the neurocompromised, because it's ten times harder for me to get things by comparison.

Honestly if they had an offical video that explains it all in depth, I might have half a shot of understanding this stupid mode.  As it is even with your wall of text, I still don't get it.  And that's annoying.

9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

The game if it's meant to be casual should explain the whole thing clearly.

The simplest way I can put it is to support whoever has the highest multiplier so you can get the highest score possible.

It does not matter if it seems risky. Everyone is spamming Guardian Shields to guarantee a win so it does not matter if it is risky.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this is slightly necroposting, but is anyone having a potential bug were the Phalanx "icon" is still glowing/colored like it's an event that's still going?  I had hopes that IS would fix that bug in the latest update (if it was a bug) but it's still there for me.

3 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Apologies if this is slightly necroposting, but is anyone having a potential bug were the Phalanx "icon" is still glowing/colored like it's an event that's still going?  I had hopes that IS would fix that bug in the latest update (if it was a bug) but it's still there for me.

Yeah, I was also surprised to see it still happening.

3 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Yup. It's happening for me, too. I haven't even gotten the feather reward yet. I'm out tons of feathers because of this.

8 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Same here.

• 2 months later...

I completely forgot about Frontline Phalanx, so I think missed like over half a days worth of points, and I after I spent the stamina just now, I realized I backed the wrong the wrong candidate. I backed L'Arachel cause she had the highest percentage so I thought she had the most points, but after I spent the stamina, I realized that the percentage reflects her default chance of victory, not the amount of points I can get.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Othin said:

We really aren't going to get those last 20 codes, are we.

I guess we are not. We generally have an excess of Divine Codes anyways, so I think we will still be fine.