New Heroes: Despair and Hope

Fire Emblem Fan

Finally getting a Tellius banner, and it's a Path of Radiance one with Ilyana, Shinon, Gatrie, and Jill. Petrine is the GHB.

Jill is nice, but honestly...meh, nothing else interests me here. Feel a little let down by Tellius's return to the New Heroes Banners.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we finally got the long-awaited Tellius banner.

Gatrie looks kinda sunburnt. Also, no Tormod or Marcia or Stefan so I don't need to go nuts here, which is nice.

Atk/Spd Push 4 is the new swift sparrow confirmed. 

Shinon's special might be inheritable. (and I knew that with all the DR stuff they were doing, that we'd get skills that would ignore it). 

Fortress Def/Res 3 on someone i give zero poops about. Excellent. 
will wait to pull until i see what the Iceberg Banner/Mythic banner is. I would like a Jill (and spd/def rein for some people). and if i could nab a Fortress Def/Res 3. that would be excellent. 

Jill and Shinon are grabs for me for solid fave character status plus solid skills.

Do admit i feel a little dissapointed about not seeing a certian swordsie there, but this month's going be a giant orb drain on me even before that, so ayyy, more months to catch back up!

That's a weird banner title. Is this Danganronpa: Fire Emblem Edition?

Either way, pretty cool banner. I'll probably try until the consolation pull so I can get at least Jill. Ilyana I hope I get a couple. Gatrie would be cool. Shinon is meh.

I can finally make snarky archer emblem once I get a Shinon hopefully he shows up with the tickets since Duo!Sigurd still hasn't come home.  Was it @Gregster101 that has been waiting for Jill?  I hope Jill comes home quickly for them.

Edited by EricaofRenais

No Dawn Brigade or laguz, so I'll keep trying on the dancer banner.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'll be honest, at this point the only opinion I care about seeing on this banner is @Anacybele.

Also, the Double Bow has a stupid name. I thought that would be a Brave Bow or even have a Brave conditional effect, but instead it just has conditional Close Counter...

It's the name of a high ranking bow in the Tellius games. The RD version has 1-2 range so I guess that's why it has Solo Close Counter.

Oh look, there's another red haired ponytail lady who can sub the fourth slot of my Anna team. I have no idea who Jill is since I never played the Tellius games. Everyone but Ilyana seems to have good fodder skills. I don't know, maybe I will do the forty summons to get one of them. Cordelia would definitely like Spd/Def Rein, Lena would like Def/Res Fortress 3 and I have plenty of units who wants Time's Pulse. I wonder if Deadeye is going to be limited to bow units since it doesn't look like a it's restricted to just Shinon.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also, the Double Bow has a stupid name. I thought that would be a Brave Bow or even have a Brave conditional effect, but instead it just has conditional Close Counter...

IIRC, the Double Bow was the only bow in RD that could attack at 1-range. That's probably why.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Shinon sounds worse than his Radiant Dawn voice actor.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Anyway, while I would like to pull on this banner, I do need to save orbs for the future. I'll just hope I get Shinon or Jill from the tickets.

It's here! Jill and Shinon as 5*s is no surprise, as well as Ilyana as the demote, but I'm surprised to see Gatrie at 5*. I'd thought if he'd get in, it'd be in Ilyana's spot as the demote.

Some interesting new inheritable skills. If Shinon's skill is inheritable, will it be just for bow users? Plus we've got Gatrie with an interesting new Fighter skill and a new weapon type letting anyone be a mini-Gwendolyn. Jill's got a solid new Rein skill, and even Ilyana gets a new skill, in the form of another Fox skill. Guess they decided those didn't need to be 5* locked. I'd been wondering if she'd finally give us Thoron+, but nope. Still only available to Forma.

Planning on going for the spark, probably for Jill but Shinon's skill set is pretty tempting. Of course, if I'm lucky enough to pull one of them in the meantime, it'll be a moot point.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The chapter's name ia "Plumeria's Dream"... I wonder if she will be defeated in this chapter, and maybe appear as September's Mythic Hero.

I was thinking the same thing. We'd have to defeat her before she becomes playable just like Thrasir.

Its funny that they gave Ilyana Blarfox, but it had to come out eventually. Not sure if I should free summon to get her or hope to get Shinon.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's funny how that was my first thought when I saw this banner. XD

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'll be honest, at this point the only opinion I care about seeing on this banner is @Anacybele.

She told me to tell you she loves it, but she'd rather have Shinon with Silencer and she'd want Boyd in.

She's not here anymore, PM me for details if you want them.

I wonder if Deadeye will be inheritable, if that's the case then there goes B!Ike/B!Dimitri/etc (not really because the skill will be on a premium unit so good luck getting enough of it unless you're a whale). 

That aside, I ADORE Ilyana so having her as the demote is a blessing for me. I don't care about the others so eh. I hope Ilyana isn't a slug like in PoR, I'd be happy if she has 32 Spd base as that's workable enough. 

As units: 

Shinon is the star of the banner with his Solo CC Prf and premium skillset. His skillset suggest he'll be on the bulkier side of archers, probably like Leon+++ where he has good Atk/Spd/Def and garbo Res. 

Gatrie is fodder, honestly. B!Hector just does everything a lance armor wants to do x100 so there's little reason to choose another one outside of favoritism, although I know I'm being unfair trying to compare a normal unit to a CYL winner. 

Jill is meh, she's forced into a PP style with her free Desperation weapon. She'll make for a good Galeforcer on Flier teams and if her bulk is on the average side she'll make for a good WoM beacon too, but there's not much else going on for her. 

Ilyana brings the Fox family of tomes to the low rarity pool. Most Blue mages rely on Prfs so it's nothing gamebreaking, but it's a nice choice for guys like Oliver/M!Robin/etc.