New Heroes: Despair and Hope

Fire Emblem Fan

Gatrie? One of the weaker GMs character-wise to me, second to Mia I could say. Him over someone more popular would have to be for a want of cohesion with Shinon, a root for the little guys, and or a want for a canon armor to show up. -These reasons aren't bad, but I would've assumed popularity overriding them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tellius has no place in my FE heart, so these characters don't really speak to me in any special way. Basically all I have to judge this weird redless banner on is their skills.

• Ilyana makes a pretty alright demote. Blarfox being completely new and immediately in the 4* pool is kinda weird though.
  • Shinon looks like he'd be pretty good as a CC archer, so coming with conditional CC should work fine for him. Deadeye is the interesting skill here though... will it be inheritable? It ignores all damage-reducing effects so it probably won't, but it also doesn't sound like a Prf Special...
  • Gatrie could have easily been the demote just because all Blue Armors are irrelevant in the face of Brave Hector, but his skills do look interesting. Spirited Spear makes me wonder if they're gonna make summoning pool versions of the Pledged Blade and Huge Fan, but it seems a little too soon for that...
  • ...did they typo Talregan Axe? They put in almost the exact same Permanent Desperation effect as they put on Bernie's Persecution Bow and had to immediately call a type on. Then again, they probably didn't, and that's almost scarier that she doesn't even have an HP condition on her Desperation effect like Lewyn and others...
    Jill looks good otherwise. I like how they made Atk/Spd Rein almost immediately irrelevant to half of the units who would have liked it by introducing the Spd/Def variant.
Edited by Xenomata

I wonder if this chapter title means a pet theory of mine is true about Plumeria. spoiler for heroes story

Spoiler

that she is the doppelganger/fairy look alike of Sharena.  It kind of would be similar to Lif/Alphonse situation of the last book where an alternate version of the askar trio is facing us.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Interesting batch of units. Echoing a lot of sentiments, I’m also interested to see what Deadeye’s inheritance restrictions look like. I would guess bow-exclusive, if it’s inheritable at all...seems like a fun toy for Brave Claude if it is.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oh, also Petrine as the GHB, I was hoping for that. Wonder what she'll be like.

Flame Lance was a magical weapon, so Breath adaption effect, or whatever it was the Shining Bow does?

Either way, her GHB map better have the pitfalls!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It only happened three years and seven months into this game's life, but IS finally added another axe flier into the general summoning pool. 

With that out of the way, boy do I want to go all-in on this banner. Unfortunately, I won't because I want that Lysithea spark in November and also just want to try to spend more time saving orbs rather than spending them immediately.

I think I will use my guaranteed summon on Shinon or Jill.

I lean towards Shinon since he is a ranged unit. He can further be built as a Blazing nuke too.

Jill has an open B slot, but fliers' B slot is a little limited. I think Dull Close is the best general purpose performance option. Brash Assault can be decent for tank busting. Default Push can work with Mystic Boost for a dual phase build that is not positioning dependent. Sacrificing positioning options, Solos can also work, and B can be Guard, Dull, Renewal, Mystic Boost, and maybe Pegasus Flight.

Flying archers are now the best movement class for fast Brave Bow archers, as their C slots have now become a full A slot that can boost Atk/Spd. I think this buff will help make fast Brave archers a bit more competitive again.

Oh, and Crafty Fighter is the new Quick Riposte for armor units. Compresses Guard and Quick Riposte into one slot. It is much better than Vengeful Fighter's Heavy Blade effect in my opinion for tanks.

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • Jill looks good otherwise. I like how they made Atk/Spd Rein almost immediately irrelevant to half of the units who would have liked it by introducing the Spd/Def variant.

Atk/Spd Rein is still relevant for Galeforcers. Galeforcers' duty is not damage output, and too much damage output will cause Galeforce to fail if the Galeforcer one shots something. Having Atk/Spd Rein to help increase the chances of Heavy Blade activating without increasing damage output is a pretty good thing.

Atk/Spd Rein is also sort of relevant for flying super tanks, it is just that flying super tanks are not very good super tanks in general in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

Hmm, not sure about this one. Sniping Green + Grey can get pretty expensive. On the other hand, there's no sign of the next double seasonal banner on the event calendar (not that I'd expect it to be there), the September legendary banner is a certain dud, the 3H re-run holds zero appeal to me, and the next New Heroes banner is late October at earliest since we can see the early October banner is seasonal. The alternative to sparking is therefore just saving, but that'd just make me lose interest in the game even more.

Edited by Humanoid

Though I expected Petrine to be cavalry because that's her class in PoR, I really hoped she would be a lance infantry as I need another scoring bot and I have a spare kris for Spurn. Still will build her though. 

I am really happy these characters got into the game and Illyana got her normal alt. Shinon looks amazing with a CC slaying bow and with his great kit. Gartie has a B slot that Flame Emperor really wants and Jill is a character I really like and can be a great Galeforce unit with her unconditional Desp and SS. 

I don't know what to do with this banner. I really want one of the 5*s however I am saving orbs for 2 copies of the upcoming Astra mythic, If the mythic arrives really fast might make some pulls. I need the mythic way more right now. 

Neither love or hate it. It feels like an obligatory character selection, and I have no favorites added through it. This banner selection is good, but lacking in personality. It feels like the type of essential banner that other games have gotten years ago, but is only just now happening for Tellius. It opens the way for some potentially exciting picks for the next Tellius banner in 2027 though.

I hope @Gregster101is still alive though. Jill's here!

Edited by Fabulously Olivier