New Heroes: Despair and Hope

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man Shinon AND Gatrie?! AND they're PoR?! Welp. So much for saving orbs. Also, Jill's axe is crazy (brave killer...)

Man, guess Boyd's the last Griel's Mercenary to make it into Heroes (unless you count Elena who was there even before Titania.) Also, I may wind up picking up an Ilyana (though I already have her Halloween version) just because I'll pull for Gatrie.

Looks like Shinon got his double bow and man is it great! He got Deadeye, too! Suuuuper happy about that! X3 Though...I don't feel like Shinon and Gatrie's voices fit them very well... Shinon's in particular is kind of disconnected to his art. Am I imagining it or did his voiced lines in RD sound lower/less nasally?

Exdit: Oh, guess we're getting Petrine, too. I was wondering when they'd add her. Love her face in her crit art -- so expressive! Though, I don't remember her original art having those impractical cut-outs on her pants.

Edited by Mercakete

Just now, Humanoid said:

I'm looking at the difference between FE9 and FE10 Jill on the wiki and all I can see besides the weapon changing from a lance to an axe is that her pants change from white to grey?

Honestly, pretty much all of the FE9 characters look the same in FE10 aside from a couple of exceptions (mainly Ike and Sothe).

Jill is not one of those exceptions.

So, the racist spoiled me.

It's a PoR banner! Ilyana is a blue infantry mage with Blarfox, Iceberg, Mirror Strike and Res Poly (She has to drop, right?). Next up is Shinon, who's a colourless bow  with Double Bow (RIP Silencer) (SC-1, flying effectiveness (No beast slaying on Shinon?), if no ally next to him he gets +5 to all stats and CC), Deadeye (Exclusive special?) (Doubles damage, nullifies reduces damage, is effectively 2 CD. FFS IS), Atk/Def Solo, Lull Atk/Spd and Time's Pulse (Shinon: Utterly broken racist). Next is Gatrie with Spirited Spear+ (If buff is on unit, gets +4 Atk/Def and SC +1 per foe's attack), Moonbow, Fortress Def/Res 3 and Crafty Fighter 3 (If unit HP is > 24% HP, Unit gets guaranteed followup and gives foe SC-1 per attack (WENDY WANTS THIS). Finally is Jill (She's finally here, the meme is dead!), who's a flying axe with Talregan Axe (SC-1, If unit initiates/Ally is in 2 spaces gets Atk/Spd +6 and if she initiates gets desperation), Moonbow, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Atk/Spd 2 and Sped/Def Rein (you know the drill I hope). Petrine GHB is blah unless she gets flame lance (Which is a real chance)

Shinon is broken. Jill is also good. IS knows where their bread is buttered.

38 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm looking at the difference between FE9 and FE10 Jill on the wiki and all I can see besides the weapon changing from a lance to an axe is that her pants change from white to grey?

fe9jill.png

Jill

The difference isn't huge, of course, but the RD portrait does look a little bit older.

uhm... i don't want to spend actual money on this game anymore, so i guess i'l just summon on this banner until i get a focus (possibly shinon)
tbh this banner came out at the worst time possible, as i'm almost out of orbs what am i saying i'm always out of orbs

anyway, i'm extremely happy these characters got added, especially for gatrie since very few like him, now i just need Makalov

Yeah, nothing that can't just be chalked up to natural variance in art, especially as FEH has some natural anti-aging filter built in. But I looked again and I also noticed the addition of double-layered shoulderpads and some knuckleguards between the games. 😉

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, nothing that can't just be chalked up to natural variance in art, especially as FEH has some natural anti-aging filter built in. But I looked again and I also noticed the addition of double-layered shoulderpads and some knuckleguards between the games. 😉

There's a definite age difference to me, not just variance in art. PoR Jill still looks more like a kid, maybe 15, while RD Jill looks she's entering early adulthood. The rest of the younger characters in Tellius who don't have more drastic design changes are similar. I'd say the same thing about Tormod and Ilyana, among others.

14 minutes ago, Florete said:

There's a definite age difference to me, not just variance in art. PoR Jill still looks more like a kid, maybe 15, while RD Jill looks she's entering early adulthood. The rest of the younger characters in Tellius who don't have more drastic design changes are similar. I'd say the same thing about Tormod and Ilyana, among others.

Yeah, that's fair since it's the same artist. But if someone showed me a picture of FEH Jill compared to either of them and asked me to say whether the FEH one is FE9 or FE10 Jill I'd consider it a trick question, hence my confusing at some of the previous posts in this thread.

EDIT: FEH Jill has FE9 pants and shoulders, and FE10 gauntlets and axe. Face is debatable, seems to have lost some baby fat but not all the way, and has the happy face. I'm clearly overthinking this or they're going to make a Tellius midquel.

Then there's Male Jill also on this banner, so much Jill.

Edited by Humanoid

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Face is debatable, seems to have lost some baby fat but not all the way, and has the happy face. I'm clearly overthinking this or they're going to make a Tellius midquel.

Looking at other characters such as Titania, I'd say she has the same differences. Of course, every character in FE10 is older, but I think the art makes most of the difference for most of the characters.

Spoiler

TitaniaTitania

me: I kinda want Spd/Def Rein , but I'm not sure it will appear so soon that we just have Atk Spd Rein...And pulling for another copy of Duo Sigurd is a bigger priority....

Is: Ya want Spd Def rein? Here it is! Oh, and possible another inheritable Special too!

Me: I'm still poor in orbs IS, just have around 100 or so, sob desire sensor is real 

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, that's fair since it's the same artist. But if someone showed me a picture of FEH Jill compared to either of them and asked me to say whether the FEH one is FE9 or FE10 Jill I'd consider it a trick question, hence my confusing at some of the previous posts in this thread.

EDIT: FEH Jill has FE9 pants and shoulders, and FE10 gauntlets and axe. Face is debatable, seems to have lost some baby fat but not all the way, and has the happy face. I'm clearly overthinking this or they're going to make a Tellius midquel.

Then there's Male Jill also on this banner, so much Jill.

For me it's not so much the face, it's also the mount (Dragonlord design is amazing) and the difference voice lines they can bring to Feh based on their experiences from Radiant dawn compared to only PoR.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

For me it's not so much the face, it's also the mount (Dragonlord design is amazing) and the difference voice lines they can bring to Feh based on their experiences from Radiant dawn compared to only PoR.

Fair enough on the voice. I've had the audio off for years so I'd never have even considered that. I couldn't tell a difference between these two images as far as the wyvern was concerned so it must be something in-game only.

Looking at CYL4, the most-voted missing characters are now:

• 9. Plumeria
  • 13. Marianne
  • 14. Felix
  • 19. Ashe
  • 40. Linhardt
  • 43. Shamir
  • 47. TMS Tiki
  • 48. Seiros
  • 51. Triandra
  • 52. Dedue
  • 58. Flayn
  • 59. Caspar
  • 60. Seteth
  • 67. Severa
  • 73. Leonie
  • 83. Maiko
  • 94. Touma & Cain

Of the 17 characters on the top 100, there's 2 Heroes characters, 11 Three Houses characters, and 3 TMS characters. With Jill and Shinon in the game, Severa is now the only missing non-Heroes/3H/TMS character on the top 100. (If you count her, which I do.)

Edited by Othin

38 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Fair enough on the voice. I've had the audio off for years so I'd never have even considered that. I couldn't tell a difference between these two images as far as the wyvern was concerned so it must be something in-game only.

It’s why I specified models 😉

This is the one I’d like the in game wyvern based on and the art maybe take some inspiration from. Instead of this:

image.jpeg.26d3c2e9265049e54478b32360ab3e17.jpeg

image.png

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

lol Crafty Fighter literally is just Vengeful Fighter but with even lower minimum HP, the powercreep is real, at this rate I'm sure we will see Desperation/Vantage with higher maximum HP or QR with lower minimum HP 

Not quite. It doesn't grant the Heavy Blade effect that Vengeful Fighter does, it has a Guard effect instead.

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

• 9. Plumeria
  • 13. Marianne
  • 14. Felix
  • 19. Ashe
  • 40. Linhardt
  • 43. Shamir
  • 47. TMS Tiki
  • 48. Seiros
  • 51. Triandra
  • 52. Dedue
  • 58. Flayn
  • 59. Caspar
  • 60. Seteth
  • 67. Severa
  • 73. Leonie
  • 83. Maiko
  • 94. Touma & Cain

Of the 17 characters on the top 100, there's 2 Heroes characters, 11 Three Houses characters, and 3 TMS characters. With Jill and Shinon in the game, Severa is now the only missing non-Heroes/3H/TMS character on the top 100. (If you count her, which I do.)

I'm more curious as to who will replace Jill and Shinon in the top voted missing Tellius characters next year.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm more curious as to who will replace Jill and Shinon in the top voted missing Tellius characters next year.

i'm betting Zihark, Deghinsea, Sepiran or other pretty popular characters
maybe even Lucia and Geoffrey?

Just now, Yexin said:

i'm betting Zihark, Deghinsea, Sepiran or other pretty popular characters
maybe even Lucia and Geoffrey?

It stands to reason that those popular characters will stay popular. But having two of the most popular characters added simultaneously is going to spread votes in exciting ways.

CYL5 will be one to watch.

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

• 9. Plumeria
  • 13. Marianne
  • 14. Felix
  • 19. Ashe
  • 40. Linhardt
  • 43. Shamir
  • 47. TMS Tiki
  • 48. Seiros
  • 51. Triandra
  • 52. Dedue
  • 58. Flayn
  • 59. Caspar
  • 60. Seteth
  • 67. Severa
  • 73. Leonie
  • 83. Maiko
  • 94. Touma & Cain

If nothing I hope to god this means Severa is coming into the game on the next awakening banner. I swear to god IS at this point they have no excuse.