New Heroes: Despair and Hope

Fire Emblem Fan

Shame there's no Killer effect on Petrine as I'd probably go ahead and replace Oscar with her if that were the case. Still a good niche though and probably puts her just about level with Ashnard and ahead of Flame Empie as my leading grail merge candidate.

Besides that, confirmed no interest in blue. Female Jill looks to be my Spring Fir and Michalis glued together. Male Jill Alm and Takumi? I think I'm comfortable sparking for them even if it'd cost me towards the upper bound of the minimum orb cost due to the sniping of rare colours.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So... basically other than TMS and Awakening banner,  we are expected.... chain of multiple three houses banners? What about the top 200? also, if Severa, Inigo, and Owain are different than Selena, Laslow, and Odin and couts as diff char instead of alts, , does it mean  the same applies to Valentian Pegasus Sisters?

Continuing on from Othin's post of the missing characters in the top 100 here is the missing characters out of the top 200 units.

• 105. Xane (Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem)
  • 109. Nyx (Fates)
  • 110. Merlinus (Binding Blade)
  • 111. Erk (Blazing Blade)
  • 112. Nemesis (Three Houses)
  • 114. Athos (Blazing Blade)
  • 114. Sephrian (PoR/RD)
  • 120. Anna (Three Houses)
  • 126. Catherine (Three Houses)
  • 127. Yashiro & Navarre (TMS)
  • 130. Cornelia (Three Houses)
  • 132. Manuela (Three Houses)
  • 135. Luthier (Echoes)
  • 137. Raphael (Three Houses)
  • 141. Boyd (PoR/RD)
  • 142. Jeralt (Three Houses)
  • 143. Sain (Blazing Blade)
  • 145. Volke (PoR/RD)
  • 147. Dieck (Binding Blade)
  • 151. Dywer (Fates)
  • 154. Ignatz (Three Houses)
  • 155. Tatiana (Echoes)
  • 155. Knoll (Sacred Stones)
  • 157. Erinys (Genealogy)
  • 157. Lucia (PoR/RD)
  • 160. Pelleas (RD)
  • 161. Freyr (Heroes)
  • 166. Jeritza (Three Houses)
  • 168. Ayaha & Aversa (TMS)
  • 173. Anna (Fates)
  • 165. Stefan (PoR/RD)
  • 181. Dheginesa (PoR/RD)
  • 182. Barry (TMS)
  • 183. Priam (Awakening)
  • 184. Tine (Genealogy)
  • 186. Edward (RD)
  • 188. Limstella (Blazing Sword)
Edited by NSSKG151

@Humanoid

Thanks. 🙂 I guess green is superboon and red is superbane... Whoa, okay, Ilyana has some amazing res potential. Oh. Ouch. 😞 I guess Gatrie doesn't have a superboon. Just 2 superbanes. And of course, Shinon does best with speed.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

What the hell is Astrid going to use now?

A Slaying Bow+ or Short Bow+, while also being a green bow of course.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

Which one?

Leonardo is the only one who has prf bow in FE10.

I guess Silencer, but that isn’t a Prf even though Shinon made it and that it’s straight up called “Shinon’s Bow” in Japanese.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

A Slaying Bow+ or Short Bow+, while also being a green bow of course.

I guess Silencer, but that isn’t a Prf even though Shinon made it and that it’s straight up called “Shinon’s Bow” in Japanese.

Alright, this makes sense now.

I know he made the Silencer, but still everyone can use it.

Astrid x Makalov duo is something which has come to mind over and over again, and I see it coming sometime in the future, most likely in an Easter bunner.

16 hours ago, daisy jane said:

would they want spd/def rein over atk/spd or something? 
i won't be able to go for copies of Jill anyway but it's just something to consider when she's on a Heroes w/banner (or legendary)

I favor Spd/Def Rein on them because Caeda and Clair do not rely on Atk checks (Heavy Blade) for speeding up specials; they rely on the Flashing Blade (Spd check) effect of their Prf weapons. The Def part means that they'll do a bit more damage (-4 Def on foe basically means an extra 4 Atk for the user).

Atk/Spd Rein would be good on fliers that are speedy tanks or are Galeforce units relying on Heavy Blade (especially Cordelia). And Atk/Def Rein (once it exists), would be the preferred option for tank fliers in general, especially slower ones (ie. Florina, Ashnard). Atk/Def Rein is also great for Arena support fliers.

Edited by Roflolxp54

13 hours ago, Kaden said:

As a grail unit, Petrine's competition are Finn and New Year's Laegjarn. Compared to Finn:  +1 Atk, +4 Spd, -2 Def, and +6 Res, and compared to New Year's Laegjarn: +2 HP, +3 Atk, +2 Spd, -5 Def, and -7 Res.

You forgot Camus =[

After playing the chapters, I have one thing to say: What the fuck, Shinon? He was such a pain in the ass to kill. He's basically spendthrift/CF Norne without any of the need for investment. I know with B!Ikes and B!Edelgards running around he's not going to warp the meta, but jeez, I never expected him to be this good whenever he finally showed up.

Petrine looks fun and while I kind of wish her res was a teensy bit higher, she's still pretty much exactly what I wanted. Flame Lance looks good, but not amazing. Basically she's a CC mage, which is pretty nice and as mentioned, she has an out with her health check, and the in-combat rein effect is always nice. Will definitely train and merge her and may give her some other lances too. Just need to decide if she takes precedence over Minerva or Brunnya, though she does have a significant advantage of a lot fewer grails and a rerun.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

What the hell Shinon? You already have your own prf bow in Radiant Dawn. You don't need to take the Double Bow. What the hell is Astrid going to use now?

Incoming RD Shinon with Silencer.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

You forgot Camus =[

What do you mean? He's right there and wearing a mask.

Anyway, I did. Not even sure how I did since he's right above Finn when sorting the list by descending speed and with only lance cavalry on FEH's gamepedia. I also screwed up the stat comparison since for some reason, I saw 40 HP for Petrine instead of 42.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

What the hell Shinon? You already have your own prf bow in Radiant Dawn. You don't need to take the Double Bow. What the hell is Astrid going to use now?

PoR Double Bow was exclusive to Snipers, Astrid can have it three years later, except then she'd come with Gen 1 BST too because RD Astrid is bad.

She does come with an Iron Longbow in her RD version, and Longbows of Iron/Steel/Silver qualities is unique to RD. You could toss her a Silver Longbow or "Damiell Longbow" to throw her family's name on it on her, that'd be sufficiently distinctive.

I'd have liked it if Shinon had come with one of the higher-end RD crossbows- Taksh, Aqqar, or Arbalest, but that'd be a wee too much effort for the animations deviating from a standard bow for a non-spectacular weapon

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Astrid x Makalov duo is something which has come to mind over and over again, and I see it coming sometime in the future, most likely in an Easter bunner.

i'd sell my house to +10 them

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PoR Double Bow was exclusive to Snipers, Astrid can have it three years later, except then she'd come with Gen 1 BST too because RD Astrid is bad.

She does come with an Iron Longbow in her RD version, and Longbows of Iron/Steel/Silver qualities is unique to RD. You could toss her a Silver Longbow or "Damiell Longbow" to throw her family's name on it on her, that'd be sufficiently distinctive.

I'd have liked it if Shinon had come with one of the higher-end RD crossbows- Taksh, Aqqar, or Arbalest, but that'd be a wee too much effort for the animations deviating from a standard bow for a non-spectacular weapon

Given what complete garbage the PoR Double Bow is it seems pretty safe to say this is the RD Double Bow.

As for the crossbows, they might be a fun way to spice up Nolan or Boyd given how many axe infantry there are.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I favor Spd/Def Rein on them because Caeda and Clair do not rely on Atk checks (Heavy Blade) for speeding up specials; they rely on the Flashing Blade (Spd check) effect of their Prf weapons. The Def part means that they'll do a bit more damage (-4 Def on foe basically means an extra 4 Atk for the user).

Atk/Spd Rein would be good on fliers that are speedy tanks or are Galeforce units relying on Heavy Blade (especially Cordelia). And Atk/Def Rein (once it exists), would be the preferred option for tank fliers in general, especially slower ones (ie. Florina, Ashnard). Atk/Def Rein is also great for Arena support fliers.

thanks for this 🙂  that makes sense too. 
Yeah when Atk/Def rein comes that's what i want for my Ashnard and Altena. 

I just have to decide who exactly gets Spd/Def Rein

Baby Caeda or Caeda Prime.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Given what complete garbage the PoR Double Bow is it seems pretty safe to say this is the RD Double Bow.

As for the crossbows, they might be a fun way to spice up Nolan or Boyd given how many axe infantry there are.

Nolan has a pretty cool dedicated prf. So let's not do that.

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Nolan has a pretty cool dedicated prf. So let's not do that.

Yeah, assuming that Nolan ever gets added at all the fact that Tarvos (along with the other two weapons) do not exist at all in the Japanese version doesn't end up leading IS to deny Nolan a Prf. I could honestly see them doing just that if Travant is anything to go by.

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, assuming that Nolan ever gets added at all the fact that Tarvos (along with the other two weapons) do not exist at all in the Japanese version doesn't end up leading IS to deny Nolan a Prf. I could honestly see them doing just that if Travant is anything to go by.

Travant's weapon is probably being saved to get released on the boss who actually uses it when we fight them... eventually.

It seems like a pretty different situation to me. We don't know if they'll care about the Dawn Brigade weapons, but I feel like their track record of finding ways to hand out so many prfs says "probably".

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Travant's weapon is probably being saved to get released on the boss who actually uses it when we fight them... eventually.

I will never accept that as a valid reason for denying Travant Gungnir when they have completely disregarded accuracy to source material in other cases (like academy Annette with Crusher and the existence of mage Eirika and pegasus Nino as New Heroes).

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I will never accept that as a valid reason for denying Travant Gungnir when they have completely disregarded accuracy to source material in other cases (like academy Annette with Crusher and the existence of mage Eirika and pegasus Nino as New Heroes).

All the examples I can think of for that are banner units, not GHBs.

You don't have to like the explanation, but that doesn't make it wrong.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You forgot the obvious Deirdre with Naga. It's even from the same game as Travant 😛