3DS Discontinued

Ihavecataracts

I think they've been closed? I am not 100% certain, but I think that it may be the case.

However, if you want to play the DLC, emulation is an option if you can't get the DLC on original hardware.

Depends on where you live. I know Latin America closed its eShop this year, except for Mexico and Brazil. I, living in Mexico, still bought SoV and its DLC earlier this year, and the eShop is still there.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think they've been closed? I am not 100% certain, but I think that it may be the case.

However, if you want to play the DLC, emulation is an option if you can't get the DLC on original hardware.

So I guess I can't fully play Awakening on my 3Ds?
Not a big fan but I was going to at least do some of the 3Ds free spotpass DLC stuff.

I guess anyone wanting to play Fates is screwed then, considering how most of the carts are only one path. (Which is part of the reason I'm opposed to splitting up a game like that.)

Is all of the DLC available via emulation? I recall hearing some of it wasn't.  

Edited by Samz707

48 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Is all of the DLC available via emulation? I recall hearing some of it wasn't.  

I'm not too certain-I know that there is at least a few avaliable, though. (I can check once I get home in about two hours, though.)

8 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

The North American 3DS eShop is still up and running. No way they'd just shut it down without at least a forewarning.

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that. Must have gotten mixed up with the Miiverse closin' down.

No, they only mentioned they stop selling Nintendo 3DS Systems in the stores. They didn't say they discontinued the Nintendo eShop. Nintendo might possibly close the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS maybe like around 10 years later (less or more) since Nintendo did closed Wii Shop Channel around January 2019 while the Wii Console was released around November 2006.