Jump to content
Ice_Viking_117

Fire Emblem: Awakening, A Novelization *NEW* CHAPTER 2

Recommended Posts

This is the official forum topic for my Fire Emblem Awakening novelization. (I do know that others have done this, but I'm always up for some competition.)

I will be rewriting Fire Emblem Awakening's story into a novel that will be less fan fiction like and more book like. For example, the majority of the Shepherds will not be full fledged characters but perhaps mentioned.

Some spoilers for the story (only if you have not played the game): Robin will be the main character and protagonist with Chrom being a major character rather then compete with Robin for the title of main character. Robin (M) and Lucina will be the pairing for this story because, 1) it seems to be the most popular and 2) it fits within the story quite nicely when looking at it from a writer's perspective and how the major characters interact. There may be a few original characters of my own but I do not plan on writing many. The book is inspired by many of BLAZINGKNIGHT's ideas from his YouTube video, "How To Improve Fire Emblem Awakening's Story," like the conversion of the original story from a three arc structure to a one arc structure.

I contacted BLAZINGKNIGHT for some assistance and advice so please go check out his YouTube channel.

I am very much requesting literary critique from everyone so I can write the best possible story!

The first draft of the third chapter will be available to read in time...

Warning: The first draft will suck, like A LOT. I am writing a first draft without edits then going back and editing through. So far, some major edits that are required are more details

Below is where the content can be found on Word:

 Chapter Layout.docx (this is a rough outline)

Prologue.docx

Chapter One.docx

Chapter Two.docx

Let me know if there should be any improvements to it (story or otherwise) or how I post the documents. (I'm still new to the interface, apologies.)

Edited by Ice_Viking_117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire Emblem story re-writes are always fun. I remember watching BLAZINGKNIGHT for them.

Something to keep in mind that isn't mentioned is that BLAZINGKNIGHT only gives an overview of how a story unfolds but not much descriptions on the events and the dialogue.
Make sure to focus on good character chemistry, witty dialogue and general fun moments as that's what makes written works enjoyable.
Question: Are you going to be keeping it PG kinda kid friendly which is what Fire Emblem is? Almost like a mature kids Saturday morning cartoon vibe.
I know many would be tempted to introduce swearing and blood, but personally I don't think that fits Fire Emblem at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely will be paying close attention to narrative and dialogue!

To me, Fire Emblem always seemed more PG13 (at least awakening did). I will be keeping the swearing to the same amount that happens in the game but I do want to make the combat somewhat realistic and more akin to a war story. Many of the half baked themes in FE Awakening that I will be exploring have to do with war and matching the combat to these themes seems appropriate. (This does not mean overly grotesque violence but rather violence similar to the of a war movie. Not glorified but realistic for medieval combat.)

Hopefully this answers your questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ice_Viking_117 said:

I definitely will be paying close attention to narrative and dialogue!

To me, Fire Emblem always seemed more PG13 (at least awakening did). I will be keeping the swearing to the same amount that happens in the game but I do want to make the combat somewhat realistic and more akin to a war story. Many of the half baked themes in FE Awakening that I will be exploring have to do with war and matching the combat to these themes seems appropriate. (This does not mean overly grotesque violence but rather violence similar to the of a war movie. Not glorified but realistic for medieval combat.)

Hopefully this answers your questions!

The themes in awakening aren’t half baked. I think they’re pretty well realized. Personally I hated blazing knight’s video on the matter but that’s just my opinion. I’ve actually done a full analysis on awakening’s story myself if you’d like to read it.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

The themes in awakening aren’t half baked. I think they’re pretty well realized. Personally I hated blazing knight’s video on the matter but that’s just my opinion. I’ve actually done a full analysis on awakening’s story myself if you’d like to read it.
 

 

That's a great analysis! I think there is truth in that. A better way to say it is "themes that weren't realized to their full potential."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will certainly follow this.

I was wondering about doing something like this with FE: Three Houses’s Blue Lions route, tbh. I was thinking of having the story take place from the perspectives of Byleth and Dimitri (with their perspectives switching from one to the other).

However, I’ve a lot on my plate, so that will be for another day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice_Viking_117 said:

That's a great analysis! I think there is truth in that. A better way to say it is "themes that weren't realized to their full potential."

Thanks and I can agree with that. It honestly boils down to presentation. There’s only so much IS can do with awakening’s engine so maybe a Novelization might fix that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Thanks and I can agree with that. It honestly boils down to presentation. There’s only so much IS can do with awakening’s engine so maybe a Novelization might fix that

My thought exactly. A novelization could focus on the story and thematic aspect of it since I don't have to worry about gameplay, level design, rpg mechanics etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I will certainly follow this.

I was wondering about doing something like this with FE: Three Houses’s Blue Lions route, tbh. I was thinking of having the story take place from the perspectives of Byleth and Dimitri (with their perspectives switching from one to the other).

However, I’ve a lot on my plate, so that will be for another day.

Thanks!

If you ever do start something like this with Three Houses, I'll definitely be behind it! Let me know if you start working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new section is available to read! The Prologue!

Let me know what you guys think and if it should be shortened, lengthened (keep in mind that it is not meant to be chapter length), needs to be written more clearer etc.

Thanks for taking your time to read!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I found it. I was wondering if you wete going to put this up. I'll ptobaly give it a read to see how you handle this.

Thanks man! Be as honest as possible with it, I will edit it the crap out of it once I've finished the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Viking_117 said:

Thanks man! Be as honest as possible with it, I will edit it the crap out of it once I've finished the story.

As any good story really should be. And if you have anythi g you want to brainstorm, send me a DM. I've helped a few people here in the Forest come up with new ideas. 

Spoiler

Awakening is one of my favorite FE games to, so that certainly helps things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...