What recommended all Xbox console games do you recommended for newcomers are planning on buying Xbox Series X or S?

King Marth 64

I was thinking of planning on buying a Xbox Series S console (which is $299 and lower than PS5 Digital Edition) and maybe try to buy those Rare Replay games that has the Banjo-Kazooie games, Battletoads (2020 game), Cyberpunk 2077, Virtua Fighter 5, those Dead or Alive games, and maybe try the Halo games. I was thinking of getting the console for Banjo-Kazooie since they were been added in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and probably getting the Xbox Series S somewhere after November 2020. What recommended Xbox games do you recommended for newcomers who are planning on getting for the Xbox Series X and Series S so far?

Edited by King Marth 64

More than anything, Learn about the Game Pass. Most people getting the Series S are planning on utilizing the subscription service, even though it's going up in price from 15$ to 25$ a month. It's still a steal unless you game very infrequently. The Series S has no disc drive, so you can't exactly go to Gamestop and dive into those Xbox 360/One bargain bins to pad out your collection. Game Pass is hundreds of games, plus access to their online. Among the list of games in the OP, it already has Rare Replay, Halo Master Chief Collection, and Battletoads. The only thing I don't like about Game Pass is that while a ton of games are added constantly, a lot of them also leave, and without warning as far as I know. All movie/tv subscription services do that too, when something isn't popular enough, but it can still be heartbreaking if it's something you never found time to get around to.

Edit: okay it looks like they do warn you which games are leaving in the same news post where they tell you which games are being added and when

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Is there even a point to buying a Series S/X when all the games will have a simultaneous release on PC?

Banjo-Kazooie and the other Rare games are not on PC. I did researched it online.

Edited by King Marth 64

10 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

How do you know that they'll be available for the Series S/X?

They did confirm the Xbox Series X & S is backwards compatible on alot of Xbox consoles games, thousand of games. Rare Replay Collection is an Xbox One game that is ok with Xbox Series S and it does have selected original Xbox and Xbox 360 games as far as I know.

Edited by King Marth 64

Pick up the series called Dragon Age. It has 3 so far with great story, pretty complex game play that is fun (for some), and hours of game play time. That has loads of quests. 

Then try another series called Fable (which also has 3 out). Also really great story telling and game play plus you can customize your avatar however you want and even romance npcs. Its a great adventure game with rpg elements.  

Also you already said them but I do recommend the Dead or Alive fighting games. I dunno why but I did always prefer them compared to street fighter and mortal kombat 

Edited by Tediz64

• 6 months later...

To be honest, I never wanted new games so much, I always keep my mind to the coolest verified by community games. For example GTA V appeared in 2013, but I still play multiplayer. Sometimes I can play Tony Hawk which was released in 2009. But there are a few exceptions like Cyberpunk which was a big boom for the market but anyways it didn't impressed me that much. And I also wait for Diablo IV because it is one of my favourite games. If you really don't know what to play, just check on https://www.gamenewsaus.com.au for Xbox games. They have lists of hundreds or thousands of cool games which will make you become addicted.

Edited by Soryu