Grand Hero Battle - Petrine: Icy Flame-Lancer

Diovani Bressan

Petrine was very easy! It's nice to have a easy battle to get a pretty good unit.

And here is my one-turn clear of this map:

I initially did this clear with Donnel instead of Abel, but I had to kill the last foe in enemy phase. Donnel's video is in the spoiler tab:

Spoiler

But I also did a Saizo Clear, because why not:

@Maaka @BoaFerox @mcsilas @mampfoid @daisy jane @Landmaster @LordFrigid @Vicious Sal @Sasori @SatsumaFSoysoy @DarkAlf

Edited by Diovani Bressan

My blade tomes couldn't pull it off, but Legendary Corrin made short work of Infernal.

I have to say, I'm not sure why she has "Icy" in her title. Her personality isn't cold at all, she's pure hot-blooded.

@Diovani Bressan Awesome clears! Glad I finally got you into one-turn clears. Donnel is looking like another one I need to 4*+10 and turn into a galeforcer.

Spring Fir took the reposition role for this one-turn clear. I was going to use atk/spd rein to slow Petrine down a bit for Bartre, but the blue manakete couldn't damage Fir enough. The placement of the units was also rather annoying and caused me to have to enemy phase two people, but at least we finally get to hear some special quotes from my galeforcers for once.

Turns out a non-reinforcement map can actually be tricky to clear. I was getting stuck trying to use a Tellius team for this map or a full armour squad.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with B!Ike, Danciah, Dawn!Michiah and BersIker, Infernal cleared with Pirate!Brigged, Alfrena, Y!Merric and Tethys.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

@GuiltyLove

This map only further proved that I need to pull for more merges for SF!Nino. Petrine's kit gives her a bit too much speed. 

Hide contents

I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing Raigh double someone. I also need more SF!Nino merges, but my priority is the Whitewings alts, so Nino, Myrrh, and Elincia will have to wait...

16 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing Raigh double someone.

He usually doesn't fight fast enemies but I speed stack him anyway in case he does.

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I also need more SF!Nino merges, but my priority is the Whitewings alts, so Nino, Myrrh, and Elincia will have to wait...

After the weekly rerun of SF!Nino, I'm waiting on PP!Tibarn to show up on a Double Special Heroes banner. Been thinking about Galeforce recently and considering pulling for units that utilizes it well.

It was a little difficult to set up that first enemy phase turn but after Petrine goes down everything else was easy to pick off on turn two.

@Maaka Father-Daughter Team one shotted another GHB. Spring Bartre ripped through that blue manakete easily. Nice clear!

Time to bring in the horse killers~

@Diovani Bressan - Nice one turn, Dio! I didn’t know you were quite so big brained. I did know you were cruel and unusual to use Saizo the fifth, though~

@Maakar - 29 Spd +Spd Dad Bartre, insane IQ. Fir finally joins as a 5*. Now I await the day both Firs and Bartres get to do a map~

@NSSKG151 - Jill’s hair’s a bit closer to the Annas, she fits in Phina’s place. We don’t get to see the OG!Anna as the main tank very often, that was a nice surprise.

@Diovani Bressan

A one turn clear? I like it. You don't see Abel all that often, so that was pretty nice. The Saizo clear was great, as usual. Plenty of 0-damage dings. Nice work!

@Maaka

It took me a second to register that there was only one Galeforce user for that clear. Bartre eating a 56 from Petrine was pretty nuts...his Res really is that bad. Nice job!

@Landmaster

Nice job on your clear! There were some pretty close matchups this time. RIP Sword Dragon, Elise didn't even need her Bond skills active to take him down, and then she immediately laughed off Flame Lance's Res-targeting as well. Summer Elise OHKO-ing Petrine was pretty great, I found it strangely entertaining that that same Elise let loose a Glimmer on the healer later for +1 damage...it was just such an odd contrast.

~

I'm pretty sure I spent more time fine-tuning the clear so Caeda stayed over 50% HP than I did on coming up with the actual strategy. I would've tried to figure out a way to have her finish at full HP, but the manakete is blue, the healer has Fear, and the Sword Dragon has the highest Def stat...oh well.

This map is alright difficulty-wise. Petrine is really strong, but nothing too special otherwise. I think I prefer reinforcement over small maps like this one.

@Diovani Bressan: Oh wow. I believe this is the first time i've seen Abel in anything. I did't expect a launch unit like him to be one rounding Petrine. Donnel is less surprising, but I also don't see him used a lot.

Not at all surprised to see Saizo completely wipe the floor with this map though.

@Maaka: now that you menton it, I do believe this is the first I hear special quotes in your clears rather then galeforce procs. Cool to see sword Batre tear through that kinda tanky dragon.

@Flying Shogi: Few merges or not Flino did a good job at taking care of Petrine. Winter Nino has some good bulk too with tanking that gronblade mage.

@Landmaster Petrine brought the wrong weapon for fighting the Elise squad. That was one weak attack on OG elise.

Not the most exiting ghb so I brought my last team along. Only this time its Leif accompanying the Orphans. He keeps being drowned out by the loads of other red swords I have in my Barracks.

Edited by Sasori

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Winter Nino has some good bulk too with tanking that gronblade mage.

I think the Gronnblade mage does 1 more damage than her max HP without any Res buffs. I keep forgetting that I can refine her weapon for other stats.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Not the most exiting ghb so I brought my last team along. Only this time its Leif accompanying the Orphans. He keeps being drowned out by the loads of other red swords I have in my Barracks.

Seeing your Lugh makes me wish they release Gronnfox soon.

@LordFrigid Oh! Watching Caeda tanking almost everyone was very fun to watch! Nice clear!

@Sasori That was a nice team! Leif taking care of the kids, and everyone working together to defeat Petrine and her soldiers. Nice!

I gave Galeforce to Abel recently. I usually use him in Rokkr Sieges, alongside Cain, when the boss is an archer.

@LordFrigid - I wasn’t expecting a Caeda EP clear. I can wee why Eliwood was needed for that Bonus Doubler to get rid of Petrine in one shot. Well played!

@Sasori - Figured we would get the orphans in this one. I’m impressed Chad was able to avoid Petrine’s double. Good work from all of them. Though I will have to knock 4 point from not letting us see the Support video after.

Sorry for the late responses, had quite the busy week.

@NSSKG151 Ooo wow OG Anna living on 1 hp was pretty wild. That was definitely a quick and easy clean up after killing Petrine. Very nice job!

@Landmaster That was quite surprising seeing how little Petrine did to healer Elise lol. Normally she blows up from any melee hits. Guess targeting res isn't all that amazing sometimes. You certainly took advantage of the effective damage in this clear. It's neat to see how versatile the Elise squad is. Great clear!

@LordFrigid Bartre doesn't need a res stat with his massive HP. Didn't expect Caeda to decimate everyone when you just tossed her out there like that. That was pretty crazy, great job!

@Sasori Man I love that minty cane, mystic boost Chad. He really puts in the work. Glad to see OG Leif getting some love as well. He did a great job cleaning up some of the stragglers. Awesome clear!

• 4 months later...