Great rival for Byleth (Student only)

drattakbowser

Great rival for Byleth (Student only)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Male : Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Dedue, Church, Jeritza, Yuri and Balthus excluded.

2. 2. Female : Edelgard, Church, Anna, Constance and Hapi excluded.

Darn, I really thought Hubert would be a good rival for Byleth (at least in War Phase).

As mentioned previously, Felix and Leonie seem like the most fitting rivals for Byleth, although some personality will have to be injected into Byleth to make things more interesting.

I added Sylvain to that list mostly because he’ll maybe be a temporary rival due to the spat in the B support. May only apply to Male Byleth. You might also consider Ingrid for maybe Female Byleth, but it’s a stretch (as in, only evidence is the DLC Professor Conduct tournament levels of stretch).

Other than the ones already mentioned, the only person who I’d say comes close to a rival is Jeritza. The thing with Byleth is that he’s so bland that he doesn’t even see himself as having rivals, as evidenced by his Leonie support where he seemingly doesn’t care about her efforts to one up him. So I think it’s fine to consider Jeritza a rival despite the fact that Jeritza is the only one of the pair who thinks so.

40 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

You might also consider Ingrid for maybe Female Byleth, but it’s a stretch (as in, only evidence is the DLC Professor Conduct tournament levels of stretch).

Wait how is there evidence for a rivalry in a three houses tournament?

23 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

If Ingrid is not in your House, she will be an opponent you’ll face in the Proper Conduct Tournament DLC quest. I mean, she’d agree with the quest-giver who said this:

"Professor, you've been getting along really well--almost too well--with all the students lately... Friendships between teachers and students is wholly unacceptable! We will hear you defend your actions in the tournament!"

I dunno, tbh.

35 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:
1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

If Ingrid is not in your House, she will be an opponent you’ll face in the Proper Conduct Tournament DLC quest. I mean, she’d agree with the quest-giver who said this:

"Professor, you've been getting along really well--almost too well--with all the students lately... Friendships between teachers and students is wholly unacceptable! We will hear you defend your actions in the tournament!"

I dunno, tbh.

Spoiler

CF911F70-146D-4B85-8EB0-C031E8AA4361.thumb.png.c5fc98ba5b0239ea6681bd0693ed9a02.png

Dang, I was really thinking of Leonie and Felix would make sense to be as the rivals, I didn't expect they get so many votes in the poll. But, I was also thinking it would make way more sense that Felix would be more of a rival for Dimitri since he does call him the boar. I also think there's some students that could be make them rivals for Byleth if I recall, but I need to look at it more in Three Houses.

Edited by King Marth 64

I think Felix is Byleth's main rival, ever since they met he has always wanted to face him in battle, and besides, they both use a sword, so they're kindred enemies.

Leonie is also an excellent rival for Byleth, having been a pupil of her father, she envies him for having had this luck and also wants to make Byleth understand that she is the chosen one to be at Jeralt's side.

But after all the two quickly become friends and are on good terms, I think Felix is the perfect rival for Byleth.