What now?

Kaidouken

Has anyone else here played Radiant Dawn so many times that they're left asking themselves, "what now"?

Just looking for general advice on where to go from here. I've played every fire emblem game, played some hacks, but can never get that satisfaction in an FE game that I got from playing Radiant Dawn for the first few playthroughs. 

Where have you found the most enjoyment as a long time Fire Emblem fan? 

Since I also have PoR, I tried completing the RD PoR transfer support logs, by actually choosing a team and playing through both games, using new team compositions adds a lot of new thinking.

Then 3H arrived and I've been playing that non-stop ever since, only needed 3 more PoR/RD PTs to complete the support log. (also planned on doing a run where I could only use characters I included in my main Cipher deck, so I got plenty to look forward to once 3H starts to bore me, which it won't.)

You could try for some challenge runs, as that was the answer I ended finding to the "what now" question. Unfortunately the unique nature of Radiant Dawn makes it difficult for the more standard Fire Emblem challenge runs you might start with, like an Ironman run (it can be done, but some of the gameover conditions that game imposes, and some of the restricted team comps *cough* only Micaiah and Dark Knight *cough* make for some frustrating moments), or Pick My Units (where forum members will pick the team you use, which is difficult to do thanks to the multipart format, and extremely restricted rosters of sections of it), so you might have to get a bit creative (like perhaps seeing how the game plays if you remove every skill the game lets you from all of the characters, or a range attack only run, etc. the ideas are endless really...)

3 hours ago, Muesli said:

Maybe move on to other franchises? There's a lot of great games out there to play

definitely this
sticking with the same series for a long time will eventually do you no good, just try something else (Trails series, NieR:Automata, Kingdom Hearts or whatever you like), there's nothing to fear

Trying new things is good-I personally love Berwick Saga to pieces, and would recommend it to literally anyone. But if you're lookin' to keep it in the franchise, as Eltosian said above, challenge runs are also fun- Ironmans are very popular, but there are others-0% growths, negative growths, solo runs, using only certain units/classes, etc.

While I'll always say that FE is the best tactics series around you can always try out other games

I really love Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus, and I'd recommend it to any FE fan 

I think you should also try out Langrisser 2 on Genesis, Xcom series, and the Wasteland series

32 minutes ago, Kaidouken said:

Lol you guys rock! I'll have to see what's out there. I've loved Divinity 1 and 2 as one of those other franchise games. So sick! Play it if you haven't!

Oh, I just started playing Divinity 2 last week, and I absolutely love it! Definitely a game I'd recommend anyone who loves either Fire Emblem or Dungeons and Dragons. (And especially if you love both, like I do.)

Have you used every single unit and taken them to the tower? Bronze weapons only run (only doable on Easy)? Laguz only? Single weapon type only? Dawn Brigade tower run? Realistic Hair Colour run?

There are so many possible challenge runs out there, that I doubt you've done them all.

Edited by NinjaMonkey