I fight without my friends - A bad FE player does an Ike solo of FE9 hard mode!

null

Well, I've been on SF for a little while now and have followed some other folks' LPs.

So at the suggestion of some other kind users on here, here's one of my own: an Ike solo of FE9 hard mode!

Path of Radiance is one of my favorite FE games and one of the easier ones to solo, since Ike is pretty solid (although not the greatest if he gets RNG-screwed), so I hope this goes well!

2P2WmQe.png

I'm going for as much of a pure solo as possible, but since that's not possible in some chapters due to forced deployment, here's the rules/things to expect from how I play:

1. Meatshields that I send into battle are forbidden, but if the enemies attack the unarmed units on their own, that's fine.

2. Trading items to Ike from recruited units is fine.

3. Recruiting units for the sake of getting their items is fine.

4. I will be using the unarmed units to get items from houses you can visit for some chapters, but I will usually just buy the items I need from the armory and shop.

5. I might redo some chapters in case an essential item is missed, like a Seraph Robe or something similar (as is the case with chapter 1, lol), or to get Ike some better level ups. I want to be able to finish this LP so any help I can get is absolutely necessary.

6. The Black Knight fight is something I'd like to do, but depending on Ike's stats, will be a "want-to" rather than a "will do."

7. I'll be doing updates once or twice a week, ideally, but I may change that from time to time.

Hopefully you all enjoy it!

Prologue and Chapter 1:

Spoiler

Prologue:

hqRrcSWT_o.png

And a serious challenge it will be, considering Ike is actually a double-edged sword (haha) as a unit.

If he gets RNG-screwed, he can start to be a liability until promotion. Here's hoping that doesn't happen!

qrXCpxEV_o.pngh2hBta1B_o.png

Y'know, maybe I'm a bit weird, but I've always appreciated older style FMVs like in Path of Radiance, cringe voice acting and all.

It has a certain charm to it that makes me nostalgic for the days of the GameCube and Wii. Wow, I feel old.

xiETIFy3_o.pngeY9ADt9j_o.png

Not every FE father has been as memorable as Greil was, to me at least.

Makes me wish that he hadn't died, but maybe instead suffered an injury that left him as Ike's advisor for the rest of the game so he could watch his son grow as a leader.

N25g3mWD_o.png

"'Bout time!"

I agree, Mist. Let's get started!

zf9mb8V4_o.png

QqCedQt1_o.png

Well, Ike got whacked hard enough to lie unconscious in the grass for quite a while. Can't imagine he'd be feeling too great after that.

XFhR24AU_o.png

Thanks for reminding us, MIst.

Well, time to get some practice in on our punching Boyd bag.

9NJVyqgH_o.png

But first, the screen most FE players probably go to before starting a new playthrough.

9sB3DYd0_o.png

The options menu.

As much as I love the game, FE9's animations and text are pretty slow.

So if you all don't mind, I'll be setting the game to only play the map animations and movement and text to max speed.

ft5eRzVZ_o.png

The action I'll be choosing for most of this playthrough, actually.

Since Ike is an iffy unit already, it's almost always the best option to let him wait, counter, and chug vulneraries in between turns.

A0xO0O18_o.png

I love how Mist rags on Boyd so much.

Poor guy's already being a practice dummy for her brother. Then she goes and trash talks him from the sidelines. xD

WeogiWA7_o.png

One counterattack later, and Ike can take Boyd down in one hit.

626czegy_o.png

Savage, Mist.

w94lMJUW_o.png

Well, I did choose hard mode for a reason, Greil.

p5tsC6No_o.png

Yes, because the soreness in Ike's back wasn't a good enough reminder.

yGWMaSIl_o.png

The first of many, many vulneraries Ike will be chugging in the early game.

1TROdbUS_o.png

Some trading of blows between father and son leaves them both at 13 HP.

PT4UeS0o_o.png

And another round gives Ike the win over his father.

UDMnALiT_o.png

First level up of the game. Could be better, could be worse.

I really hope he doesn't get def screwed like the last time I tried this. 7 def at lvl 14. Oof.

ZNDI0960_o.png

Couldn't have been holding back too much. You ended the fight with 1 HP, Ike.

I8qmpX28_o.png

He's not lying, actually. Exclusively for the Prologue in PoR, both Greil and Boyd have a skill equipped called "Discipline," which reduces their stats for the purpose of the training chapter.

That skill disappears in the rest of the chapters though. So, in a way, Boyd wasn't really giving his all in the fight with Ike.

------

Chapter 1:

7r4L1qqd_o.png

On to Chapter 1!

Oq3HF6xY_o.png

Just look at how beautiful those those PS1-quality textures and models are!

xZ2w9Yny_o.png

Okay, okay! Yeesh.

OaoQZcWO_o.png

Good, I'll need the items you collect and the vulneraries you have.

sVjLXFfy_o.png

Uh, Oscar?

*looks at LP title*

FR3ZVhFu_o.png

Not a tough map, per se. Although placement is everything since Ike will be the only one attacking.

DyHgxpmL_o.pngPFKsUQm5_o.png

proceeds to go put Ike in front of everyone else

oEwqaBHR_o.pngcNnE4cKS_o.png

But first, a little visiting and trading to get a steel sword for Ike and fill him up with vulneraries.

For a run like this, that four iron swords glitch comes in handy for sure.

qoMOIAHl_o.pngEaPRz9jG_o.png

Time to place Titania over near that house so she can nab the Seraph Robe on the next turn, and drop her weapon so she can't counter.

N6lgen6X_o.png

Well, I guess, if you consider one amateur merc kid with a sword an army.

XXOoWe5x_o.png

Flame Hyenard intensifies

8mwqC2G5_o.pngE5QhJZWj_o.png

Weapon triangle advantage definitely helps Ike to dodge often enough to avoid taking too much damage from the axes, especially when he's kind of squishy early on.

prays to the RNGoddess that Ike gets better defense

aGm8i8W8_o.pngNzF5PCLd_o.png

Some more trading and a vulnerary use.

2PX6Andr_o.png0h0Er3KN_o.png

Had to restart Ch. 1 since I missed this the first time through. If Ike gets def-screwed, some extra HP should at least help him last longer than a few hits.

Moving Titania out of the way actually helps draw attention whether I want it to or not so the pirates don't gang up on Ike.

AUV4TtHx_o.pngQUvAuhCu_o.png

I get some kills with Ike and the second level up of this run.

Not the best, but hopefully he'll make up for it with the next few levels.

ildwJMUg_o.pngFelNhTPc_o.png

More pirate deaths and Ike is getting a bit too low on HP for my liking.

QnkSMCUh_o.png8zNzhivP_o.png

Moving Titania out of the way, Ike chugs another vulnerary.

7chUacIe_o.pngh5mzTjE9_o.png

Ike-annot wait until Ike gets strong enough to ORKO any enemy he comes across. Let the genocIke begin!

TiFqalfE_o.pngCF0GnOP5_o.png

More Ike action and another level up. If Ike keeps this up, I might be resetting chapters sooner than I thought.

QvZB63Sc_o.pngYYgzbsS4_o.png

I move Oscar out of the way since the pirates can apparently attack over the fence, and give Ike the oh-so-necessary Seraph Robe.

I8QDQ03V_o.pngbJDVJXEL_o.png

Ike gets that Seraph Robe and finishes off the crowd of pirates. 29 HP will give me a bit more leeway in future chapters going up against archers and lance users.

gUwUggkj_o.pngSgdk48O1_o.png

Getting to the last stretch of the chapter, Ike gets another level up. Better. I need all the def and spd I can get.

s7Zdaxvg_o.pngPPpjwQCz_o.png

Fast enough to double a myrmidon. Nice. And I get a new iron sword from it. Also nice.

Ayhv2zR2_o.pngyYXkpQtg_o.png

Do you not understand weapon triangle advantage?

Ike dodges like a champ and knocks his health down to almost half.

KeZYHVvi_o.png5malZ4iA_o.png

Ike takes the offensive and finishes him off.

Even though they're pirates, I always feel a bit sad when I hear them say things like "I don't want to die."

CIHayVIB_o.png

He a teenager who just murdered over a dozen pirates. How do you think he's feeling?

YFmewJvM_o.png

Hey! Making Boyd feel self-conscious is Mist's job!

nbgjqryB_o.png

And that's it for the prologue and first chapter! Nobody's died yet, but that will change pretty soon.

See you next time!

Edited by twilitfalchion

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If he gets RNG-screwed, he can start to be a liability until promotion. Here's hoping that doesn't happen!

Oh yeah, I definitely had that happen to me on more than one occasion.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks for reminding us, MIst.

Gotta rub it in deep, after all, haha!

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So if you all don't mind, I'll be setting the game to only play the map animations and movement and text to max speed.

Noooo, you gotta switch it all to the slowest options possible! /s

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Savage, Mist.

And yet, they can get married.
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

UDMnALiT_o.png

Yeesh, no Strength or Speed hurts. But more bulk is good, I suppose!

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

sVjLXFfy_o.png

Uh, Oscar?

*looks at LP title*

You can't blame him too much. His eyes are closed, so obviously he didn't read the title.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

DyHgxpmL_o.pngPFKsUQm5_o.png

proceeds to go put Ike in front of everyone else

Lesson #1: Never listen to a "loser" who "got nothing".

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I get some kills with Ike and the second level up of this run.

Not the best, but hopefully he'll make up for it with the next few levels.

He got Speed, at least, so that's good!
But his Strength, though... I may harp on this a little too much, but I saw some pretty Strength-screwed Ikes in my time playing the game, so I'm worried...

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ike-annot wait until Ike gets strong enough to ORKO any enemy he comes across.

Ha! Nice. XD

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

More Ike action and another level up. If Ike keeps this up, I might be resetting chapters sooner than I thought.

I'm getting flashbacks to The Roger's Shadow Dragon LP, where people refused to get Strength all the time. XD

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fast enough to double a myrmidon. Nice.

Awesome!

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And that's it for the prologue and first chapter! Nobody's died yet, but that will change pretty soon.

See you next time!

The Tellius massacre.

Awesome first part, I'd say! Very enjoyable to read!
I'm excited for this, because I want to see if solo'ing PoR with Ike on Hard is actually possible. Looking forward to the next part! And best of luck! ^^

Spoiler

Now I can roast PoR while watching suffering! Yeah!

47 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not every FE father has been as memorable as Greil was, to me at least.

Bernstool is best FE dad!

Makes me wish that he hadn't died, but maybe instead suffered an injury that left him as Ike's advisor for the rest of the game so he could watch his son grow as a leader.

Berwick did that!

movement and text to max speed

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU SET TEXT AND MOVEMENT SPEED TO MAX?!!!!

Boo. Not a blank level. 

It is a good start, though. PoR's enemies are slower than me when I wake up, and defense is good for preventing softlocks! 'Specially in the chapter where Ike will have halved speed. Uh, that doesn't mean that Ike shouldn't get speed, though.

Just look at how beautiful those those PS1-quality textures and models are!

Mmm! That makes me HUNGRY!

Had to restart Ch. 1 since I missed this the first time through. If Ike gets def-screwed, some extra HP should at least help him last longer than a few hits.

It is a shame about the HP cap being 40 unpromoted, though. Hope that doesn't bite you in the behind later... I fear for Ch. 17 on your behalf.

QUvAuhCu_o.png

Ike, that's not what I meant by needing some speed!

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Even though they're pirates, I always feel a bit sad when I hear them say things like "I don't want to die."

Maybe it is a good thing that you didn't play Berwick...

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey! Making Boyd feel self-conscious is Mist's job!

So ein Mist!

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

See you next time!

Thanks for the great update, looking forwards to the next one! And also for the deaths...Muwahahahaaa!

Now I can roast PoR and praise Berwick while watching suffering! Yeah! Three Boyds with one stone!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

EaPRz9jG_o.png

Time to place Titania over near that house so she can nab the Seraph Robe on the next turn, and drop her weapon so she can't counter.

I guess the rest of the group is allowed to meat-shield then. Are you going to let Ike support?

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

CF0GnOP5_o.png

That strength is becoming worrying...

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

PPpjwQCz_o.png

Fast enough to double a myrmidon. Nice. And I get a new iron sword from it. Also nice.

Well it would be nice if he didn't have to throw it away thanks to a full inventory. Then again the four swords glitch means you will probably be fine for swords anyway.

I assume shoving and rescuing ike to get him from place to place is allowed. Though I'm not clear on how the meatshielding rule works. Enemies like to prioritize unarmed units, and you can un-arm a unit by just unequipping their weapon in this game. Also, are healing staves, Volke (stealing), and Reyson allowed?

Edited by Glennstavos

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess the rest of the group is allowed to meat-shield then. Are you going to let Ike support?

No supports, and I won't be using the units as meatshields myself (by sending them to choke points or something like that). But if enemies attack them while they're sitting in a corner of the map (because of forced deployment), there's nothing I can (or will) really do about that.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I assume shoving and rescuing ike to get him from place to place is allowed. Though I'm not clear on how the meatshielding rule works. Enemies like to prioritize unarmed units, and you can un-arm a unit by just unequipping their weapon in this game. Also, are healing staves, Volke (stealing), and Reyson allowed?

If absolutely necessary, I'll make use of shoving and rescuing, but I'd prefer to keep it as much of a true solo as I can. For meatshielding, the above comment should answer your question (I hope). No staves, no Reyson, but I will use Volke to get good items when possible.

Chapter 2: The Tellius Massacre Begins

The replies:

Spoiler
On 9/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

Noooo, you gotta switch it all to the slowest options possible! /s

You want me to finish this LP, right? xD

Yeesh, no Strength or Speed hurts. But more bulk is good, I suppose!

Yep, had to reset not long after starting Ch. 2 because Ike didn't get strength again. Was pleasantly surprised by the next few level ups though.

You can't blame him too much. His eyes are closed, so obviously he didn't read the title.

tenor.gif

Lesson #1: Never listen to a "loser" who "got nothing".

True. xD

He got Speed, at least, so that's good!
But his Strength, though... I may harp on this a little too much, but I saw some pretty Strength-screwed Ikes in my time playing the game, so I'm worried...

*fervently prays to the RNGoddess for level up favor*

I'm getting flashbacks to The Roger's Shadow Dragon LP, where people refused to get Strength all the time. XD

Oh boy.

The Tellius massacre.

Indeed. ☠️

Awesome first part, I'd say! Very enjoyable to read!
I'm excited for this, because I want to see if solo'ing PoR with Ike on Hard is actually possible. Looking forward to the next part! And best of luck! ^^

Ey, thanks! I'm glad people actually like my commentary.

Ngl, I thought it sounded pretty dry and boring reading it myself.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, Benice said:
  Hide contents

Now I can roast PoR while watching suffering! Yeah!

373159924487684106.png?v=1

Berwick did that!

373159924487684106.png?v=1

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU SET TEXT AND MOVEMENT SPEED TO MAX?!!!!

*laughs maniacally*
But seriously, I can't imagine anyone wanting to look at PoR's PS1 graphics in the fight animations. Makes it easier to take screenshots as well.

It is a good start, though. PoR's enemies are slower than me when I wake up, and defense is good for preventing softlocks! 'Specially in the chapter where Ike will have halved speed. Uh, that doesn't mean that Ike shouldn't get speed, though.

Speedwings should help if he's a bit lacking, and yeah, I'll need the extra def just in case str is lacking as well. But I'll probably also forge a few swords for him for that chapter to counteract Leanne's effect on his stats somewhat.

It is a shame about the HP cap being 40 unpromoted, though. Hope that doesn't bite you in the behind later... I fear for Ch. 17 on your behalf.

*prays to the RNGoddess for extra def*

Thanks for the great update, looking forwards to the next one! And also for the deaths...Muwahahahaaa!

*insert "death, death everywhere" meme*

But thanks, seriously.

Now I can roast PoR and praise Berwick while watching suffering! Yeah! Three Boyds with one stone!

Haha! xD

On 9/21/2020 at 5:45 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

That strength is becoming worrying...

That definitely gets a bit better in the next chapter thanks to some resetting.

Well it would be nice if he didn't have to throw it away thanks to a full inventory. Then again the four swords glitch means you will probably be fine for swords anyway.

True. And a certain purple haired myrm will also be useful if my weapons are low for one reason or another.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:55 AM, Mori said:

This is actually great, gonna love reading more

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Here's hoping your Ike gets mega blessed

Fingers crossed, for sure.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, lightcosmo said:

Yeah! You can do it!

Seriously, you can do this, no problem!

Thanks, I appreciate the confidence.

I just hope the RNGoddess feels like blessing me as well. xD

The update:

Spoiler

Chapter 2:

d0duZCbz_o.png

Welcome back. I'm glad people enjoyed the last update, so here's the next one!

UfeEe6wG_o.png

After stopping the bandits, things have been quite calm back on the ranch at the Greil Mercenaries' fort.

8NApqBGZ_o.png

Where else would she have been?

It's not like she's had much work since the boss's son went on a killing spree at the last mission.

deLn9L4O_o.png47iQtX7R_o.png

That's because Rhys has an entirely different fever. Loving fever for Titania! ❤️

Um...forget you read that. Nothing to see here. Move along.

ro4APyqy_o.png

He won't be doing any work anyway, Titania. None of you will.

You didn't read the the title of the LP, did you?

mw2jiOtd_o.png

Eh, nothing a bunch of vulneraries can't do.

sy2wRL93_o.png

Nope. Not suspicious at all.

ZLXJrzkm_o.png

Ever the optimist, aren't you Rhys?

SG3aXCDw_o.png

Why though? Ike stronk. Send him to take care of it, whatever it is.

8jYUMNju_o.png

Maybe if you'd read it, you'd find out.

Or just stand there with a blank look on your face. That works too.

p0hAzhmu_o.png

Finally read the letter, I see.

LqCCTmRi_o.png

The first of many genocIkes to occur in Tellius.

VjeXGQEI_o.png

Channeling Hector, are we?

qy6j0FwJ_o.png

What about Rolf though?

He needs to live too! To live on as one of the worst units in the game!

vEYsI5Zu_o.png

Gotta say. It's moments like this that I really appreciate Ike's characterization.

A lot of FE lords have the "I want to help everyone" schtick, but with Ike it comes across as a fiery indigance instead of a good-natured sympathy.

Refreshing and fairly realistic for a fictional character, I'd say.

lcX8gFkd_o.png

Why, so you can stand there and do nothing?

Mist was right, Boyd. You do "got nothing."

Nvv4EREn_o.png3MyNZRDH_o.png

Ah, the sounds of happy cooperation.

wJdagI32_o.png

At this point, their coming is just going to add to the body count. *sighs*

i5ZiChvr_o.pngtRYgCWX9_o.png

Yet there you are, standing by yourself.

InIn8STM_o.png

Did you see what happened at Caldea? I mean, one guy did that.

You'll get no sympathy from him, that's for sure.

ZAe7CGEG_o.png

I really should be asking you that.

Anyway, time to get KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM start the chapter.

JyVz00Jl_o.png

We get a nice view of the map. Nothing complex, but fairly populated with enemies.

2pFPT4TD_o.png

"We"?

I don't think so, Ike.

0KKyacVQ_o.pngU4BhH4gE_o.png

First order of business: give Rhys' vulnerary to Ike. He won't be needing them after what's going to happen in the next few minutes.

I move Ike into the upper left part of the map so he doesn't get heavily surrounded by enemies.

He's already pretty solid, but too many enemies will overwhelm him even with his added bulk from the Seraph Robe.

Lu0bU8sw_o.png

I move the bodies other units away from the enemies, although it really wouldn't matter if I left them there anyway.

okuDJdG7_o.pngCZEFTyKY_o.png

I guess lack of sympathy runs in the family.

NqaAEnfM_o.png6J5FpRJi_o.png

True, although Ike will be carrying the responsibility of the mission himself.

Maybe Boyd, Oscar, and Rhys can cheer him on from the sidelines.

UFgVmyHq_o.pngonvgIaux_o.png

Rhys takes a hit and Ike dishes them out.

KPshxkYT_o.png

Now that's a level up worth resetting for.

Beautiful, Ike.

RHF2F96h_o.pngs1XunDvy_o.png

fightingformyfriends.png

y4eHbQ5H_o.pnghumkuexL_o.png

Ike doesn't seem to mind his friends getting attacked. He just stands and watches from a distance while he chugs another vulnerary.

No sympathy, remember?

c9Us67I9_o.pngnvWOygwu_o.png

Oh, the humanity!

FOKHzI5g_o.png

Yeah, you can't do anything, Titania. This is Ike's show. Sorry.

g55gBj1Y_o.pngrpVdkpuX_o.png

Ike kills and Titania dodges. Her speed makes her a good transport for items at least. She can dodge and tank hits reliably enough to not die on me.

X80lTMRU_o.pngOXfJK6Bg_o.png

morefightingformyfriends.png

bbDgp5G0_o.pngtbcAXXLt_o.png

Ike decides to take the initiative in the fight while his friends are axed in the background.

6iUBnZBI_o.png

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

NU1NXbMy_o.pngrmvUGH82_o.png

Looks like Ike decided to finally help his friends out after basking in the glory of a good level up.

UHJnTi8E_o.png

Just in case Oscar dies, I decide to transfer that steel sword he was holding over to Titania since characters who die lose the items they were holding in PoR.

f7snn0T7_o.png

ORKO'ing a myrm. Very nice. That extra strength is already making a difference.

4mHHHgH2_o.pngwVKM2b9Z_o.png

Don't just stand there, Ike! Your friend is in danger!

KrtImRT1_o.png

When I said to not just stand there, that's not what I meant, Ike.

vyLDqxq9_o.png

Now you decide to help Oscar, when he's on the brink of death. Smh.

thZQPvq4_o.png

Time to head over and finish off the rest of the map.

BFTrmndx_o.pngLWFvwvxq_o.png

That speed! That strength!

Ugh! So good.

dStHOxEl_o.pnguQ2mN8fd_o.png

Goodbye, best boy.

sheds a tear

That's what happens when you walk around everywhere with your eyes closed. You never know when a stray axe might end you.

jVypVfXm_o.pngPBhGXXj6_o.png

Ike then decides to go get revenge on his friend's behalf.

Qeu0sA6M_o.png

Justice indeed.

Vz2AKAco_o.png

Hm. Not bad, not bad at all. Str and def are looking promising.

8vktUoy1_o.pngtt5Skjhb_o.png

I take the time to check out the enemy ranges before putting Ike in the open to counter any attacks.

NzaddwE2_o.png2t9vKXCq_o.png

Draw the enemies out, then jump into the bushes.

High level strategy right there.

kqZXhdBH_o.pngAHdlejfn_o.png

Some more fighting, then we meet with the boss bandit.

Eh, I like my odds.

QOoW8Qgx_o.pngTfmcl6Oh_o.png

Can't touch this.

Also, I decide to take out the bandit to my left juuuust in case something happens. Idk what would happen at this point, but you never know with RNG.

z5GlQZKd_o.png

The other bandit commits suicIke and Ikanau meets his end.

ZpENeSVU_o.png

Yeah, yeah you do.

5zYYciAm_o.png4IjrNDUu_o.png

Ughhhhh......okay. It's strength. I'll take it.

At least I can give Ike a speed boost with the Speedwing I got from Ikanau.

e8flCi4W_o.png8wd2m3xi_o.png

Mmmm....those ORKO's are delicious.

KAB9pEl8_o.png

"We," Ike?

You're being far too modest.

PbgFqf74_o.pngS99TnwcM_o.png

Getting read the Riot Act by the mounted mommy.

zHZHoh0a_o.png5BsPZctt_o.png

Ike the savior. Everyone else is there for moral support.

Xojm7oMK_o.pngcxhlpmjt_o.png

I'd listen to him, pal.

looks at the mess of bodies behind Ike and the others

7drBY4v6_o.pngcDMUU53l_o.png

Ever the diplomatic one, Titania is.

nB1HnbA1_o.pngtLWIaGqh_o.png

Oh noes!

IXrlB0Ut_o.png

Uh...um...oh...well...you see...

sweats nervously

5wLHFZCs_o.pngdsKEzFQ5_o.png

By the Falco Lombardi of Fire Emblem, who else?

P68jPSte_o.png

I guess I should be thankful.

lah0uL5F_o.png

Hey, Gatrie! Come back when you're a little...MMM...faster! Hahahahaha!

sees Ruben glaring at me for stealing his joke

Ah...ha...ha...

stops talking

2HMMQC0J_o.png

Almost entirely discounting Ike's destructive capabilities, I see.

XqAj9gdi_o.pnguRjoRb2z_o.png

Ah, Mist. I'm sure your faith in Ike is what gave him such good level ups (minus that last one).

nVomb5gX_o.pngTt8OSjnI_o.png

Oh boy...

vvFXkNUP_o.pngC6IEZRhV_o.png

sadness intensifies

DA2BNMq6_o.pngL1x5BhIF_o.png

Eh, just you wait, lady. You'll be one of the casualties, I'm sure.

ur8vR647_o.png

And that's it for this update! I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by twilitfalchion

Spoiler

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:
*laughs maniacally*
But seriously, I can't imagine anyone wanting to look at PoR's PS1 graphics in the fight animations. Makes it easier to take screenshots as well.

Yeah, it is a serious shame, since the game's speed, (or lack thereof) is one of the biggest reasons I've disliked it thus far.

Speedwings should help if he's a bit lacking, and yeah, I'll need the extra def just in case str is lacking as well. But I'll probably also forge a few swords for him for that chapter to counteract Leanne's effect on his stats somewhat.

Hopefully it works out! And there is always the option of breaking the solo for one or two maps if you need to.

That's because Rhys has an entirely different fever. Loving fever for Titania! ❤️

tSbwZyo.jpg

To live on as one of the worst units in the game!

Straight up the worst in my expert opinion.

...Rolf x Mist is still real, though.

okuDJdG7_o.pngCZEFTyKY_o.png

6iUBnZBI_o.png

Booooooooo! Your Ike is still faster than my level 15 Ike!

R.I.P.

mounted mommy.

I am using this now.

Uh...um...oh...well...you see...

sweats nervously

Wait, ain't there alternate dialogue if Oscar died? Apparently not...

Ah, I presume that this is it.

No, it was Rolf! He and his 6 base speed escaped, took a very fast shot and ran back in time to fool everyone! He's actually the one teaching Shinon.

?

Well, R.I.P Oscar and Rhys x Titania.

Great deaths, looking forwards to the next ones!

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't fear the ships, embrace them.

Eh, nothing a bunch of vulneraries can't do.

Vulnerary-chan is a time honored, and well respected healer in the franchise, ever since she replaced Wrys in Mystery of the Emblem book 1, so her replacing Rhys now is a role she is rather accustom to.

KPshxkYT_o.png

Now that's a level up worth resetting for.

I guess that is one way to deal with his strength issues...

Oh, the humanity!

I guess we will get to see some of the rarely seen alternate versions of the script (Path of Radiance has a lot of variance in the early game script due to it planning for any combinations of characters being alive...)

Goodbye, best boy.

sheds a tear

That's what happens when you walk around everywhere with your eyes closed. You never know when a stray axe might end you.

Poor Oscar will never get the chance to romance Tanith...

nVomb5gX_o.pngTt8OSjnI_o.png

Oh boy...

Speaking of changes to the script.

Spoiler
 13 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I ship it. Why not? XD

He won't be doing any work anyway, Titania. None of you will.

You didn't read the the title of the LP, did you?

And she doesn't have Oscar's excuse.
How very rude of you, Titania!

Why though? Ike stronk. Send him to take care of it, whatever it is.

Titania fell asleep last chapter, it seems. She though the others did stuff.

Or just stand there with a blank look on your face. That works too.

Better than being sent to an untimely demise.

What about Rolf though?

"What about Rolf?" ~ Ike

Gotta say. It's moments like this that I really appreciate Ike's characterization.

A lot of FE lords have the "I want to help everyone" schtick, but with Ike it comes across as a fiery indigance instead of a good-natured sympathy.

Refreshing and fairly realistic for a fictional character, I'd say.

Agreed.

Nvv4EREn_o.png3MyNZRDH_o.png

Ah, the sounds of happy cooperation.

Friendship! 😄

Did you see what happened at Caldea? I mean, one guy did that.

You'll get no sympathy from him, that's for sure.

Ike's about to show people why he should have been included in Warriors.

Maybe Boyd, Oscar, and Rhys can cheer him on from the sidelines.

For how long, is the question.

KPshxkYT_o.png

N6Duizu.png Very nice!

c9Us67I9_o.png

Oh, the humanity!

Welp, that didn't last long.
Bye, bye, Rhys! *waves*

Now who's the villain?

6iUBnZBI_o.png

Amazing! Simply amazing!

Looks like Ike decided to finally help his friends out after basking in the glory of a good level up.

"Hey guys, what's up?"
"Rhys died."
"... F."

Just in case Oscar dies, I decide to transfer that steel sword he was holding over to Titania since characters who die lose the items they were holding in PoR.

That convoy can't arrive early enough.

Don't just stand there, Ike! Your friend is in danger!

Sarcasm.

When I said to not just stand there, that's not what I meant, Ike.

He'd rather help the guy that called him a moron.
Like I said: Friendship! 😄

Goodbye, best boy.

sheds a tear

I was gonna make that joke, but then you beat me to it. XD

Vz2AKAco_o.png

Hm. Not bad, not bad at all. Str and def are looking promising.

This is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best Ike's I've seen at this point.
Hope he can keep it up!

Maybe watching his friends die motivates him.

5zYYciAm_o.png

Ike lost his motivation, it seems. Time to kill more friends!

"We," Ike?

You're being far too modest.

That, or he's taken to using the royal "we".
Which would then be the opposite of modest.

Ever the diplomatic one, Titania is.

She's putting down the Steel Sword... that she can't even use.
Very effective, Titania!

P68jPSte_o.png

I guess I should be thankful.

lah0uL5F_o.png

Hey, Gatrie! Come back when you're a little...MMM...faster! Hahahahaha!

Oh look!
More cannonfodder!

Oh boy...

sadness intensifies

DA2BNMq6_o.pngL1x5BhIF_o.png

Eh, just you wait, lady. You'll be one of the casualties, I'm sure.

All joking aside, wow, that's dark.
But I am happy that PoR actually acknowledges it when people die, at least this early on. It's one of the things that I like about the game, actually.

And that's it for this update! I hope you enjoy it!

Very much so! Thank you!
Ike is getting good enough to one-round stuff, so all is fine I'd say!

*looks at Oscar and Rhys*
Yep... tooootally fine.

Chapter 3: Ike, Murderer of Pirates

The replies:

Spoiler
On 9/27/2020 at 2:54 AM, Benice said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, it is a serious shame, since the game's speed, (or lack thereof) is one of the biggest reasons I've disliked it thus far.

15 fps will do that to you... 😛

Hopefully it works out! And there is always the option of breaking the solo for one or two maps if you need to.

You're right, although I'd prefer not to if at all possible.

tSbwZyo.jpg

Hahaha!

I really do have boring taste in ships.

Straight up the worst in my expert opinion.

...Rolf x Mist is still real, though.

*Boyd x Mist intensifies*

Booooooooo! Your Ike is still faster than my level 15 Ike!

tenor.gif

Ike-annot afford to have Ike be slow in this playthrough!

R.I.P.

Farewell to my fav cav in FE.

F

I am using this now.

I wish I could claim it as something I thought of myself, but nah.

I heard someone on another forum use that phrase. *womp womp*

Ah, I presume that this is it.

Yep, and you get similar dialogues for other characters dying as well.

No, it was Rolf! He and his 6 base speed escaped, took a very fast shot and ran back in time to fool everyone! He's actually the one teaching Shinon.

A prideful cough from Shinon can be heard in the distance.

Well, R.I.P Oscar and Rhys x Titania.

Indeed.

Great deaths, looking forwards to the next ones!

Thanks!

On 9/27/2020 at 4:20 AM, Julian Teehee said:

Nice run idea, good luck with that!

Thanks!

The foundation stone is laid by everyone else being killed off.

True. xD

On 9/27/2020 at 5:11 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Don't fear the ships, embrace them.

Tfw you have incredibly boring taste in ships, lol.

Vulnerary-chan is a time honored, and well respected healer in the franchise, ever since she replaced Wrys in Mystery of the Emblem book 1, so her replacing Rhys now is a role she is rather accustom to.

Indeed. She will support Ike-senpai whenever possible.

I guess that is one way to deal with his strength issues...

If I want to complete this run with as few issues as possible, it'll probably be a necessity.

I guess we will get to see some of the rarely seen alternate versions of the script (Path of Radiance has a lot of variance in the early game script due to it planning for any combinations of characters being alive...)

Yeah, I like that attention to detail. It's not often you get so many changes to the writing based on the presence or absence of a certain character.

Poor Oscar will never get the chance to romance Tanith...

Well, nice guys do finish last...er, dead, in this case.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:06 AM, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

Titania fell asleep last chapter, it seems. She though the others did stuff.

That's what happens when you take axe lady's axes away. She gets bored and decides to nap during the battling. xD

Better than being sent to an untimely demise.

Not for long, hehe.

Friendship! 😄

Brotherly affection, perhaps? xD

Ike's about to show people why he should have been included in Warriors.

And this is even waaaaay before he becomes buff.

For how long, is the question.

maxresdefault.jpg

N6Duizu.png Very nice!

Ey, it's Nepmoji!

Welp, that didn't last long.
Bye, bye, Rhys! *waves*

Now who's the villain?

Your friendly neighborhood commentator, that's who!

Amazing! Simply amazing!

*insert Halllelujah chorus*

"Hey guys, what's up?"
"Rhys died."
"... F."

Apparently Ike was never that observant.

That convoy can't arrive early enough.

Indeed.

I was gonna make that joke, but then you beat me to it. XD

Hehe. xD

This is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best Ike's I've seen at this point.
Hope he can keep it up!

I hope so too. I need Ike to be the best possible for this run to go smoothly.

Maybe watching his friends die motivates him.

Ike the sadist.

She's putting down the Steel Sword... that she can't even use.
Very effective, Titania!

She's got to be useful for something since she can't fight, after all.

All joking aside, wow, that's dark.
But I am happy that PoR actually acknowledges it when people die, at least this early on. It's one of the things that I like about the game, actually.

Yep. It's great attention to detail and makes the player connect with the characters more, I'd say.

Very much so! Thank you!
Ike is getting good enough to one-round stuff, so all is fine I'd say!

Thanks! I hope the good level ups continue.

*looks at Oscar and Rhys*
Yep... tooootally fine.

*sweats nervously*

On 9/27/2020 at 1:44 PM, lightcosmo said:

Oscar! Nooooo!

Tragically, yes. Best Tellius boy is dead.

*sad violin music plays*

The update:

Spoiler

Chapter 3:

Ni3Ab5RO_o.png

Welcome back! I'm glad you all enjoyed the last update! On to the next one!

rVoI1RWP_o.png0PFQQhvF_o.png

Back at the Greil Mercs' fort, Ike faces up to his reckless actions from the previous chapter.

7FGp0gDL_o.png5tCfDDWp_o.png

Well, that was really Ike who left first, only to have everyone else follow after him.

But Ike will probably keep that little tidbit to himself.

I0OkbobG_o.pngt3L6aBQF_o.png

Or not, actually. Ike the Honest fesses up to the whole thing. That's pretty admirable.

Ah, shut up Boyd.

i2g9U4Rh_o.pngJlgDxSWu_o.png

Thanks Mist, but Greil's right. It's the principle of the thing.

wJleo1QV_o.png5VcYpT9W_o.png

That's true, although I'm sure Ike's not complaining about having his punishment deferred.

And with that, the GMs set out for their next mission.

Ukziy9u5_o.pngebsgeIE4_o.png

Wow, look at those high quality character models! Such excellent attention to detail, right down to the hand blobs and missing mouths!

Ah, the classic pirate dialect..."yar har ho!" and all that jazz.

ZChHxkVO_o.png

A very simple map, with fairly bland design, ngl. This will be a pretty short chapter.

DaOSeOtG_o.png

Still got your eyes closed, Titania? Can't you see all the pirates scattered about the ship?

V0mJ25Df_o.png

Grandpa has his eyes closed and even he can see what you couldn't!

CbCVcfJX_o.png

Just the one kid, really. But the thought is appreciated.

QYvGMcWu_o.png

If "thunder and lightning" means tanking hits as meatshields in the back of the map, then yes, Gatrie.

That's perfectly fine.

qDArgUmm_o.pngs5qSTZ8d_o.png

Everybody ready? Let's get started then!

qWIFC00S_o.pngqWIFC00S_o.png

As with the last chapter, first thing I want to do is trade items between my units.

I give the steel sword and other vulneraries to Ike. Now I'm ready to get to murdering starting the map.

2ISFG0eR_o.pngGzVzDDib_o.png

Since this is (as you all know) an Ike solo, I drop all the weapons of the other units so they can't counter.

Eh6Foy6B_o.png0FKnF57W_o.png

Putting Ike into position, enemy phase already has him chopping up myrmidons.

Look at that fat health bar on Ike. That coupled with his solid def will keep him nice and tanky for a good while.

bxrw9PAe_o.pngwPfboQ6N_o.png

Both Shinon and Gatrie dodge the attacks sent their way (yes, even in that suit of armor Gatrie is fast enough to dodge armorless axe users).

pAG1F9sf_o.pngaHXeGGZH_o.png

And the attacks that do land do no damage to Gatrie.

Meanwhile, Ike goes to finish off that myrm from earlier.

xbGCoBQK_o.pngeXIuDEBj_o.png

Another round of attacks lops off a bit of Shinon's health, while leaving the others unhurt.

And Ike uses those oh-so-awesome hit rates to attack the pirate to his left without getting a scratch on himself in return.

Xv0akFVh_o.pngfZOmG1AL_o.png

One crit later, Ike nabs another level up. Nice.

ib9IsITf_o.pngenDysOOI_o.png

I send Titania over to visit the small tavern to the right, only for her to have a conversation with Nasir and get an elixir afterwards.

FlhAtl2N_o.pngANx5fNBs_o.png

Both Shinon and Titania take some hits in the next turn.

21LH7Wqy_o.png8bLehhKJ_o.png

And Ike dishes some more of them out.

qufSIL3i_o.pngciiNdzB9_o.png

Another enemy phase later, Ike finishes off another pirate, and Shinon decides to not get hit by an axe this time around.

1s9C9sPo_o.pngcxOoGzcM_o.png

evenmorefightingformyfriends.png

lzZjqk9R_o.pngDSHSPTIZ_o.png

No, Shinon! That's not how you dodge! You move away from the axe, not into it!

At least Ike is there to save their sorry hides.

vG1NAd29_o.png

sighs again

Why do I even bother?

L3DhaqMN_o.pngTrycExLo_o.png

Ike is good. Ike is really good.

TSLLGtoO_o.png0wDxdyx6_o.png

And Ike finishes off the archer to complete the rest of the map on his own.

S3tqFrkX_o.pngp9hS8PaS_o.png

Do you hear it? The cries of dead pirate after dead pirate hitting the ground?

rLcRn8Vv_o.pngXpCU02Q3_o.png

Another level up. Not half bad. Could be better, could be worse.

On to the pirate ship itself!

ckIT6RBZ_o.pngtUULeM3p_o.png

Haven't even had to use a vulnerary yet. Got another one from that last pirate, so I drop the one I've already used twice, and move Ike onto the bridge.

Enter best Tellius girl Marcia.

Seriously though, her personality is one of my favorites out of all the Tellius characters.

Her nonsense insults and her take-no-crap attitude with her brother are very cute endearing.

OcZKxzVg_o.pngXxjrGtxl_o.png

Yep, the bandanas, creepy smiles, and axes you're holding all make you look like perfectly honest people. No doubt about it.

aX2wcjVm_o.pngpzz4QpKb_o.png

Looking for Makalov, I see.

That no-good, deadbeat deserves whatever fate he meets with for putting his sister through so much stress.

Disgusting.

ri4x2RxQ_o.pngY1u80g2S_o.png

They're pirates, Marcia. What did you expect?

Never gamble, kiddos. You never know what might happen if you take that chance (haha).

QLVhA2pQ_o.pngwFvhdeLY_o.png

Or you could just get sliced and diced by the blue-haired merc boy standing on the bridge of your ship.

That works too.

CUuiesGW_o.png

Hahaha!

JKHHEyX2_o.png2bw2z1gV_o.png

Dodging like a champ, Marcia sets up a kill for Ike on the next turn. Very nice.

0GG5FT4d_o.pngEnNiIaaQ_o.png

Perfect.

J6o0dwbV_o.pngKXjsUmuU_o.png

You haven't taken a single hit yet. Relax, Marcia. Your blue-haired savior has arrived.

YJcdYbVE_o.pnguhHiNdBh_o.png

Yeah! What he said!

cyzTpAgB_o.png5aIn1zvH_o.png

Hired you, Ike. They heard of your previous massacres work and wanted your help with this problem.

J17uwl7e_o.pngwLbsptU9_o.png

Or, y'know, just have a conversation in the middle of a ship full of pirates.

Don't worry about the two axe users standing right next to you both. I'm sure they're harmless.

JrM4en0e_o.pngWi6Bei3M_o.png

Ever the modest one, Ike.

1KDtupfJ_o.pngEHIwUdWs_o.png

Open your ears, Ike! The girl just called you handsome and offered you anything to repay the debt!

The least you could do is be polite and offer to take her to dinner! Did Greil teach you any manners? Smh

DOl7P66c_o.png

waves goodbye

kgrEaF3m_o.png0uZNMVcH_o.png

Back to business. More pirate deaths. Yay!

pR1HIvBY_o.png5MiQTe3F_o.png

That speed. Very nice. Ike hasn't taken a single hit since that myrm attacked him at the start of the chapter.

oudPRsWQ_o.pngMQt29FYd_o.png

More dodging and fighting leaves the last few victims for Ike to destroy at the front of the ship.

CGmur4LQ_o.pngN8wCuk9q_o.png

But first, another very good level up for Ike. Impressive.

Next move is putting Ike in position to counter during enemy phase and chugging a vulnerary before ending the turn.

o6IkFZiv_o.pngSUcyqMC3_o.png

*Another One Bites the Dust plays*

XmGZDw9i_o.pngIaJXic7b_o.png

Wouldn't it be "laddie" since Ike is a--

Well, nevermind. He's about to be dead anyway.

3ISp4MH9_o.png

You really don't have a choice in the matter.

waves sword in the air threateningly

2hmNT3Ku_o.png0VU9IuRt_o.png

I actually go to take out the other pirate first. No real reason why. Ike will dodge any attacks thrown his way regardless.

2ixdm88F_o.png1OP415ss_o.png

Couple of rounds later, Havetti is dead. He died as pathetically as he lived.

Obxtzsge_o.png6U4EnXhE_o.png

Yeah, nobody's helping you.

And Ike gets another level up! Pretty good!

g3cFp8hZ_o.pnglp71mO4e_o.png

You glory hog. For shame, Titania.

tgi3nZDu_o.png

So you could see the pirates on the ship, but you couldn't see the fact that Ike did all the work?

I guess I'll give him a pass. His eyes are always shut, after all.

yfs3vrpI_o.pngKWSd2WQE_o.png

Grandpa the flatterer.

dnI1MRSZ_o.png

Give him some time, Grandpa. Ike'll get there.

XU0Vgzm8_o.png

Gotta start somewhere, no?

mUMlL2IH_o.png

After she just tried to steal Ike's glory for defeating the pirates?

You really can't see worth anything, Grandpa.

YMGkKqm4_o.pngp9j3GIBw_o.png

All you did was stand there and tank axe hits. Of course you're bored.

gBDzXln3_o.png

Not for you in this playthrough there isn't.

UAizY86C_o.png

Yeah, standing around and being meatshields.

3sNgOOGW_o.pnghucaLG1u_o.png

Pk8Zv7Ta_o.png

It's your fault, Ike. You decided to make this a solo run, and now Titania feels useless.

ekt3k3tv_o.png

Be proud of Ike. He's carrying every last one of you.

UEdpMUhn_o.pngJKk52TH3_o.png

Aww...how touching.

SDoH3mZY_o.png

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed the latest update!

Not the most interesting chapter, but hopefully it'll get better from here!

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ukziy9u5_o.pngebsgeIE4_o.png

Wow, look at those high quality character models! Such excellent attention to detail, right down to the hand blobs and missing mouths!

At least they have feet...

The least you could do is be polite and offer to take her to dinner! Did Greil teach you any manners? Smh

Ike just isn't into the ladies like that.

6U4EnXhE_o.png

Yeah, nobody's helping you.

Good as the last couple of levelups have looked, three in a row without strength is still a little concerning...

Spoiler
 7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yep. It's great attention to detail and makes the player connect with the characters more, I'd say.

Definitely!

Or not, actually. Ike the Honest fesses up to the whole thing. That's pretty admirable.

Indeed it is.
Left out the part where Oscar and Rhys died, though... I mean, I get WHY he'd rather not say it, buuuut....

Ah, shut up Boyd.

The new (old?) "Shut up, Tobin." XD

To this day, I never noticed their mouths were missing.
And now I can't unsee it :Nepgyaface:

Ah, the classic pirate dialect..."yar har ho!" and all that jazz.

"Yarrr! Ye scallywags! How dare ye insult me refined vernacular?!? To the sharks with ye!"
Although I must admit, the line about the pirate captain's belly being emptier than his mate's head always gets a laugh out of me. XD

A very simple map, with fairly bland design, ngl. This will be a pretty short chapter.

It does throw one curveball at you... one you don't need to care about in a run like this, but it's one that got me good on my first playthrough.
Yes, Marcia actually died here when I played the game for the first time... *innocent whistle*

Still got your eyes closed, Titania? Can't you see all the pirates scattered about the ship?

I think she needs glasses.

Grandpa has his eyes closed and even he can see what you couldn't!

Yep, Titania definitely needs glasses.

I now put the image of Titania with glasses in your head.
You're welcome. ^^

Since this is (as you all know) an Ike solo, I drop all the weapons of the other units so they can't counter.

If that is the 'thunder and lightning tactics' Gatrie was talking about, it's no wonder the Greil Mercs live in such a run down fortress.
Their equipment costs must be sky high if a strategy of theirs involve dropping everything they have.

Putting Ike into position, enemy phase already has him chopping up myrmidons.

Look at that fat health bar on Ike. That coupled with his solid def will keep him nice and tanky for a good while.

Go Ike, go!
Even without solo runs, Ike is one of the few lords I can usually send into combat without being afraid of him biting it early on.

And the attacks that do land do no damage to Gatrie.

The funny thing is, due to how the weapon triangle works, they probably would have done damage to him if he still had a lance equipped.
Probably. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do recall Gatrie getting damaged on this map.

And Ike uses those oh-so-awesome hit rates to attack the pirate to his left without getting a scratch on himself in return.

'This is how you do it, Shinon'. ~ Ike, probably.

One crit later, Ike nabs another level up. Nice.

Nice one! Let's hope it continues like this!

I send Titania over to visit the small tavern to the right, only for her to have a conversation with Nasir and get an elixir afterwards.

I love the fact that Nasir shows up here, with the only hint that he might be important being his striking character design.
It's great!

Both Shinon and Titania take some hits in the next turn.

Ouch!
With glasses, maybe Titania could have seen it coming.

Shinon played the game before. He knows what you must do to re-recruit him. And he knows what kind of run this is.
And so he decided: "Can't kill me if I do it myself!"

Ike is good. Ike is really good.

Ike good.

And Ike finishes off the archer to complete the rest of the map on his own.

"Damn it, Ike! I wanted to die on my own terms!" ~ Shinon

Do you hear it? The cries of dead pirate after dead pirate hitting the ground?

Yes, and it's music to my ears!
I think I may actually be evil. XD

Seriously though, her personality is one of my favorites out of all the Tellius characters.

Her nonsense insults and her take-no-crap attitude with her brother are very cute endearing.

twilit and Marcia, sitting in a tree~
But yeah, I agree. Marcia is great!

Yep, the bandanas, creepy smiles, and axes you're holding all make you look like perfectly honest people. No doubt about it.

"Honest pirates".
Amazing. XD

Looking for Makalov, I see.

That no-good, deadbeat deserves whatever fate he meets with for putting his sister through so much stress.

Disgusting.

S8FwVK4.png

Leaving that aside, even the pirates agree that Makalov is worthless.
That should tell you a lot. XD

Dodging like a champ, Marcia sets up a kill for Ike on the next turn. Very nice.

*remembers first playthrough*
Poor, poor Marcia...

Hired you, Ike. They heard of your previous massacres work and wanted your help with this problem.

Ike, ever the humble young man.
Or my theory is correct and he's taken to using the royal "we".

Don't worry about the two axe users standing right next to you both. I'm sure they're harmless.

These are very polite pirates.
"Cap'n, we could finish 'em off now! They be just wagging their lips!"
"Yarrr, no! Did no one teach you it's rude to interrupt folks when they be talkin'? Let 'em finish!"
"Aye aye, Cap'n!"
I'm bad at pirate talk.

Open your ears, Ike! The girl just called you handsome and offered you anything to repay the debt!

Oh my~

Ike is not the brightest bulb in the lamp store when it comes to these things, it seems.

waves goodbye

Bye, Marcia! See you when it's time to kill you off!

But first, another very good level up for Ike. Impressive.

Awesome!
No strength, though.

*Another One Bites the Dust plays*

🎶 And another down, and another one down, another one bites the dust. 🎶

Considering how he and his crew look, perhaps he thought Ike was too pretty to be a guy?

3ISp4MH9_o.png

You really don't have a choice in the matter.

Look at what he's saying though! He's basically implying he never killed anyone for loot.
What a very polite pirate. In his own, sort of twisted way. *sniff*

I actually go to take out the other pirate first. No real reason why.

*chants*
EXP! EXP! EXP! EXP!

Couple of rounds later, Havetti is dead. He died as pathetically as he lived.

And so dies the world's most polite pirate...

You glory hog. For shame, Titania.

Well, there is one way you could punish her for that...

So you could see the pirates on the ship, but you couldn't see the fact that Ike did all the work?

I guess I'll give him a pass. His eyes are always shut, after all.

True. Titania has no such excuse, though.

p9j3GIBw_o.png

This line right here and the conversation that follows is part of why I dislike Shinon and Gatrie.

3sNgOOGW_o.png

D***.

hucaLG1u_o.png

And stuff like this is why I like Titania. You tell him, lady!
Who still desperately needs glasses.

Be proud of Ike. He's carrying every last one of you.

Ike: "Carry every last one of them!"

Ike is Dimitri's ancestor.

UEdpMUhn_o.pngJKk52TH3_o.png

Aww...how touching.

He's right to be proud. He killed entire bandit groups and now an entire ship's worth of pirates by himself!

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed the latest update!

I did! It was very fun! Thank you!

Not the most interesting chapter, but hopefully it'll get better from here!

Gameplay-wise, maybe, but I found everything else to be very interesting (and even if I harped on it, the complaints Shinon and Gatrie have provide context for why they leave later, which is some good bit of character building. Still dislike 'em for basically saying that helping people ain't worth it, but hey), and the pirates and Marcia provide some good humor with their lines.

I feel like she's a character I've never felt as in favour for. Maybe it's because in my first time playing this map she got killed, maybe it's that for all her being sick of Makalov she can't do much of anything about him.

Also the one Tellius unit who never got a good level when I was playing, there's a reason she got benched twice.

12 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

IaJXic7b_o.png

Wow that's a mistake.

Unless he's intentionally trying to make Ike out to be effeminate to distract him.

Of course, he chose to do that with Ike, he had no chance.

Spoiler

On 10/2/2020 at 6:41 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Ike-annot afford to have Ike be slow in this playthrough!

tbh you'll probably get enough speedwings that it won't be a problem-I don't seem to recall running into many energy rings, though.

Change my mind, statue frag best stat booster!

Farewell to my fav cav in FE.

0/10 not enough vantage.

Yep, and you get similar dialogues for other characters dying as well.

Too bad you have to try to get units killed to make them appear.

He provoked death, apparently.

I mean, at least res is good.

Oh wow, he's already close to capping HP.

This Ike is gonna cap strength and clap the enemies.

SDoH3mZY_o.png

Oh boy, this'll be interesting... Good luck...

Chapter 4: Roadside Massacre Battle

The replies:

Spoiler

On 10/3/2020 at 1:34 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

At least they have feet...

True.

Ike just isn't into the ladies like that.

Tbh, given how Ike never showed any interest in anyone, I could never really see him ever settling down and starting a relationship at all.

Good as the last couple of levelups have looked, three in a row without strength is still a little concerning...

Hopefully the next few level ups can help that.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:58 AM, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

Indeed it is.

Left out the part where Oscar and Rhys died, though... I mean, I get WHY he'd rather not say it, buuuut....

Honesty is the best policy...unless that honesty makes you responsible for the deaths of your comrades.

To this day, I never noticed their mouths were missing.
And now I can't unsee it :Nepgyaface:

174?cb=20170517010104

"Yarrr! Ye scallywags! How dare ye insult me refined vernacular?!? To the sharks with ye!"
Although I must admit, the line about the pirate captain's belly being emptier than his mate's head always gets a laugh out of me. XD

He's got some wit, definitely.

It does throw one curveball at you... one you don't need to care about in a run like this, but it's one that got me good on my first playthrough.
Yes, Marcia actually died here when I played the game for the first time... *innocent whistle*

F

I now put the image of Titania with glasses in your head.

You're welcome. ^^

4hl7dq.jpg

xD

The funny thing is, due to how the weapon triangle works, they probably would have done damage to him if he still had a lance equipped.
Probably. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do recall Gatrie getting damaged on this map.

Huh. Interesting!

Nice one! Let's hope it continues like this!

*continues to pray to the RNGoddess*

I love the fact that Nasir shows up here, with the only hint that he might be important being his striking character design.
It's great!

It is a very nice addition, for sure.

Shinon played the game before. He knows what you must do to re-recruit him. And he knows what kind of run this is.
And so he decided: "Can't kill me if I do it myself!"

Suicidal Shinon? Yikes. xD

"Damn it, Ike! I wanted to die on my own terms!" ~ Shinon

I can picture Shinon saying something just like that.

Yes, and it's music to my ears!
I think I may actually be evil. XD

tenor.gif?itemid=12381387

twilit and Marcia, sitting in a tree~
But yeah, I agree. Marcia is great!

If nothing else, she's usually one of the best units in the game.

Leaving that aside, even the pirates agree that Makalov is worthless.
That should tell you a lot. XD

One of my least fav Tellius characters, but at least he's intentionally written that way. Kieran has no such excuse. Disgusting.

*remembers first playthrough*
Poor, poor Marcia...

F

Oh my~

Wait...I should have said that differently. Whoops.

Bye, Marcia! See you when it's time to kill you off!

13e.gif

Look at what he's saying though! He's basically implying he never killed anyone for loot.
What a very polite pirate. In his own, sort of twisted way. *sniff*

F for the polite pirate. xD

*chants*
EXP! EXP! EXP! EXP!

GET EVERY LAST BIT OF EXP!

Well, there is one way you could punish her for that...

Yeah, about that...xD

*looks at Ch. 4 screenshots*

And stuff like this is why I like Titania. You tell him, lady!
She don't take no crap. That's for sure.

I did! It was very fun! Thank you!

Gameplay-wise, maybe, but I found everything else to be very interesting (and even if I harped on it, the complaints Shinon and Gatrie have provide context for why they leave later, which is some good bit of character building. Still dislike 'em for basically saying that helping people ain't worth it, but hey), and the pirates and Marcia provide some good humor with their lines.

Thanks, thanks. Good to know it's consistently enjoyable to read.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:12 AM, Dayni said:

I feel like she's a character I've never felt as in favour for. Maybe it's because in my first time playing this map she got killed, maybe it's that for all her being sick of Makalov she can't do much of anything about him.

Also the one Tellius unit who never got a good level when I was playing, there's a reason she got benched twice.

Well, I understand that. How good or bad a unit turns out can definitely affect my perception of them as a character.

Wow that's a mistake.

Unless he's intentionally trying to make Ike out to be effeminate to distract him.

Of course, he chose to do that with Ike, he had no chance.

The genocIke continues.

11 hours ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

tbh you'll probably get enough speedwings that it won't be a problem-I don't seem to recall running into many energy rings, though.

I'll be making sure to nab those speedwings and the one energy drop that shows up later.

He provoked death, apparently.

xD

I mean, at least res is good.

For anyone but mages (and even mages in some cases as well), getting res is always a good thing.

This Ike is gonna cap strength and clap the enemies.

Oh boy, this'll be interesting... Good luck...

I hope so. Thanks!

The update:

Spoiler

Chapter 4:

HoTrG7MH_o.png

Welcome back! Time for the next chapter of this LP!

frlaK4nW_o.pngMi1eFp45_o.png

Once again we're back at the Mercs' fort, and Mist has an urgent message to relay to Ike.

skdHWeOd_o.pngJWwdcRd1_o.png

Ike's not a morning person either, I see. Can definitely relate to that.

Ey, Soren's back. Ngl, I actually like Soren. I know he gets criticized for being a jerk, but at least he's got a valid reason to be so disgruntled and mistrustful of others.

t8vX8uIU_o.pngwxjNBgUZ_o.png

insert dumb joke about Soren missing his beloved Ike here

gSXGdPxQ_o.png

Sounds like Greil's still a bit miffed at Ike for losing two of his more useful employees.

Understandable.

N7LXrrlc_o.png4Ak58XMG_o.png

Oh boy. This can't be good.

Mz97XgNh_o.png

Oh boy...again. Making dad angry is even worse. Have you seen what that man can do with an axe?

Caodzv2h_o.png

Yeah pops, we can see that he's back. We're not Titania. We don't need glasses.

oDeuRvxs_o.png

This is FE. What else would we expect? War is the name of the game.

mUEUUoKr_o.png

You can't read it either, can you, Greil?

hqOM7az1_o.png90cLxlpN_o.png

That's pretty dark, actually.

Black? Night? Black Knight?

I might be reading into that a bit too much.

YiYagUfN_o.png

The bit of backstory given about Crimea and Daein in this dialogue really makes me wish for a possible Tellius prequel, maybe leading into the events of PoR? Idk.

4Ojt30jY_o.png

Hey, at least he's smiling for the camera.

sAB4PWA0_o.pngjdhlGTkL_o.png

Cantankerous, but modest.

rY3OsNLM_o.pngYrH7sZ68_o.png

Moving speech, Titania. I completely agree with--

yythSlRs_o.pngKyak9JJS_o.png

ptQ0ecg9_o.png

Well, he does make some very good points.

YCRgZJKv_o.png

Titania with the rebuttal.

WeLWyTft_o.png

And Greil the referee.

osIW1Ovh_o.pngYa4ozBYr_o.png

Oscar and Rhys died because of Ike. Shinon's definitely not wrong.

nlNg5FQD_o.png

But maybe you should've kept your mouth shut, Shinon. Now you've got to go with the "whelp."

j82cjs5C_o.pngnRUsWYKh_o.png

More bodies on the pile, I guess.

fyUcyyQk_o.png

The only thing she'll be giving Ike is a stern talking-to when more of his comrades die and she gets critically wounded under his command.

AxPCL9VF_o.pnggUkMw5RB_o.png

And we get a nice sword, Ike's equivalent of the rapier from other FE games, the Regal Sword.

Interestingly enough, that's the sword Ike is wielding on the cover of PoR.

It will also be very useful against armored enemies in the next few chapters.

D6rnVhPe_o.png7dWzgMRR_o.png

Aw, how sweet. Mist's antics are enough to pull a rare smile from Ike. Nice.

nzuD6jNB_o.pnggzSd5kln_o.png

All alone?

Youuuuu are the ooooocean's grey waaaaaaves.......

gtvgGTej_o.png

maxresdefault.jpg

n6hwv3Wu_o.pngr3CUIDYF_o.png

Self-deprecation, eh?

relatable.gif

sjyTP0ww_o.pngAIPUP8dD_o.png

Thanks for the pep talk, mom!

HoNdFmGO_o.png

Dead bodies? Give me a few turns, they will be. Greil Mercs, specifically.

bLXNTEAR_o.png

Yow! It's an enemy ambush!

I wonder who it is?

ifFbDK7E_o.png

Well, we're just random passersby. Don't mind the fact that we're heavily armed and--

FBbsulOB_o.png

Ever the diplomatic one, Shinon...

wrwDY5QF_o.png

Well, that escalated quickly.

k1jM5jdl_o.pngF95f0aqr_o.png

I agree. Let's go!

SzAZ8P3j_o.pngpnoKgArk_o.png

Ey, give me a minute to think, ponytail!

LtYLkQMO_o.png

Fresh meat to meet their demise.

GxHnZYHv_o.pngZdEB3IIS_o.png

I transfer over a vulnerary and disarm Soren.

Now to start the chapter!

MLt6KtgZ_o.pngoh2rGpg6_o.png

First move is to send Ike into the bushes and use up the turns for the rest of the units.

ctIttMWt_o.png4x6dTA1o_o.png

Some dodging and some hits taken.

Yeah, Soren won't last long at all.

YTlNCZ9h_o.pngUk3Sxn8i_o.png

Ike is off to a good start though, dodging the first attack thrown his way and finishing off that same enemy without a scratch on him.

LfIEjfRc_o.pnggXAaQnOM_o.png

Despite being a squishy mage, Soren has plot armor thick enough to protect him from any attacks, retreating instead of dying.

qVBYqhZP_o.pngSkPQxaDs_o.png

Some hits, some misses.

dJMDoXqt_o.pngGLlFDj2p_o.png

I move Ike out to restore some health and get him out of range of being swarmed by enemies.

AAC7ibCN_o.png5AwqZYr1_o.png

And the Greil Mercs edge closer and closer to death.

Well, mostly Shinon at this point.

hteymhxg_o.pngjrBJvkzp_o.png

Ike nabs another kill while his friends continue to get attacked by several enemies at once.

Look at him in the top corner of the screen! No sympathy for his friends! He just stands there while they get destroyed!

Disgusting.

SgxccNtb_o.pngnvqiriyp_o.png

Gatrie once again proving himself to be the fastest armor knight in Tellius, or FE in general, actually.

Shinon...well, he's not so lucky.

OOfyKhJE_o.pngxvAaNYkT_o.png

I move Ike closer to the group of enemies near the left side of the map and Shinon is dodging enough to not die so soon into the chapter.

G6CrHwTK_o.pngsCHBDsTo_o.png

After another turn of his friends getting ravaged by the enemies, Ike proves himself a very capable fighter, even against the weapon triangle advantage of his enemies.

j6Axk1RV_o.pngbnLvOLeg_o.png

While Ike is cutting down soldiers to the left, his friends are, well...

Yep, Shinon died as vainly as he lived. Look at that smirk even in death!

PNrNgia8_o.pngNTpxhYkr_o.png

Ike's dishing out ORKO's while Titania's trying to avoid being KO'd.

RQm2YzaM_o.pngdL84WRm5_o.png

Time to go for that good ol' bush cover.

urNGsKKm_o.pngwvNqHX1N_o.png

It doesn't help Ike dodge this time, but the healing zone is nice.

RAcxcsu3_o.pngLepkFBkR_o.png

And Ike gets a level up.

Yep.

That's it.

At least he got some strength.

yDQzWXDV_o.pngudaRT6oV_o.png

Good bye, mounted mommy.

P2KOLWjM_o.pngLLzTNw9O_o.png

While Gatrie stands over there like an armored punching bag, Ike gets two crits in a row.

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

QsT83cd3_o.pngWzhvtSEr_o.png

Ike dodges Maijin's javelin and kills another soldier.

If I remember correctly, "Maijin" means "demon" in Japanese. Idk. Maybe not. Random thought, lol.

k3itOE17_o.png4Un4faFy_o.png

After dodging several attacks (and leaving his friend Gatrie to suffer at the hands of merciless soldiers), Ike retreats just a bit to kill a soldier and draw Maijin into the bushes.

BGqB6dGw_o.pngBEX54n1n_o.png

With his solid strength, Ike actually does pretty okay damage against the boss, but to end this more quickly I use the Regal Sword to get effective damage against him (and hopefully land another crit).

GafCSojG_o.pngyRV40EF7_o.png

The boss heals himself, and Gatrie is...doing fine.

For now. Yeah, he'll be fine.

FNzjRMno_o.pngxHoy4g4s_o.png

Hehe, Ike only takes a single point of damage from archers. Nice.

But he can ORKO them with the stats they have at this point in the game.

o58rmv9Z_o.pngyMLNyX4k_o.png

Ike gets another level up where it counts. Strength, defense, and speed are all doing well. Skill is just a nice bonus.

And Gatrie is still being a useless tank.

PGwu3vcw_o.pngBtZqqb0B_o.png

Ughhhh....If Ike had one more point of strength, he could one round the boss, but nope. 1 HP left.

cNO3W3kZ_o.pngyfeSM2uO_o.png

I switch to a steel sword for the final round (to preserve the Regal sword for as long as I can) and Maijin falls.

Good bye, generic Daein general guy with the cool name!

And that's the end of the map.

But because we lost some lives along the way, we get to see some unique conversations.

KR7julgi_o.pngtPkKC0eK_o.png

9CIhiaRa_o.pngMNzZDyZb_o.png

Well, at least Titania will stop trying to make it seem like Ike isn't doing this alone anymore.

Now we get to talk to Soren.

lBNCkA88_o.png7IwpWeHR_o.png

zU9ugeLB_o.pngRInl4qRJ_o.png

"Don't be stupid."

Such graceful speech Ike. Truly motivational.

And now to address our MIA archer guy.

byU6g5O0_o.pnghrJxAKlY_o.png

ELsytnrG_o.pngQABmXVZN_o.png

True. Good advice.

Back to the story, folks!

w2oie0tk_o.pngyWg97Z9y_o.png

What is it? A soldier scrambling miserably away from the massacring of his allies?

nZLpUg0F_o.png16TWIKeh_o.png

"A young woman?"

Oh, wait. That's Eliwood. This is Ike.

And that's *spoiler alert* Elincia, who apparently faints with her hands perfectly folded like that.

tfRLK2ar_o.png

Ever the good samaritan, Ike.

Qa20kEA9_o.png

And that leads into the next chapter!

See you next time! I hope you enjoyed this one!

Edited by twilitfalchion

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

sjyTP0ww_o.pngAIPUP8dD_o.png

Thanks for the pep talk, mom!

Titania truly is the team mom for the Greil Mercs.

And I wonder why she's my favourite of the Jeigans.

31 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

QsT83cd3_o.pngWzhvtSEr_o.png

Ike dodges Maijin's javelin and kills another soldier.

If I remember correctly, "Maijin" means "demon" in Japanese. Idk. Maybe not. Random thought, lol.

It'd be Majin is the word you're thinking of, I wonder if the added i means it's a different word it's based on, if they changed it for the hell of it originally or if that was a change made by localisers. Looking around, the only thing I've found that has the Japanese spelling suggests it was directly lifted.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

16TWIKeh_o.png

"A young woman?"

Oh, wait. That's Eliwood. This is Ike.

And that's *spoiler alert* Elincia, who apparently faints with her hands perfectly folded like that.

Elincia looks like she's falling back into a coffin.

Vampire Elincia for heroes when?

Spoiler
 2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Welcome back! Time for the next chapter of this LP!

Whee!
I've been looking forward to it!

Ike's not a morning person either, I see. Can definitely relate to that.

Same, tbh.

insert dumb joke about Soren missing his beloved Ike here

Oh my~!

Sounds like Greil's still a bit miffed at Ike for losing two of his more useful employees.

Understandable.

Wellll... if they died, how useful could they really have been?
... Too soon?

Oh boy. This can't be good.

Rhys and Oscar came back from the grave to take reve--
Wait, wrong genre!

You can't read it either, can you, Greil?

This is the same guy who completely forgets about the weapon triangle.
I think it's safe to say that Greil is getting senile.

4Ojt30jY_o.png

This is me reading this LP waiting for people to die.

Hey, at least he's smiling for the camera.

The photographer sucked, though. The lighting is all off, and he's not even centered. Smh.
0/10 would have their photos taken by that guy.

But maybe you should've kept your mouth shut, Shinon. Now you've got to go with the "whelp."

Heeheehee... Instant Karma!

More bodies on the pile, I guess.

:Ashnard Smile:

Aw, how sweet. Mist's antics are enough to pull a rare smile from Ike. Nice.

Aww... so sweet!
Good thing this is neither Kaga FE nor Fates.

n6hwv3Wu_o.pngr3CUIDYF_o.png

Self-deprecation, eh?

relatable.gif

Indeed.
My middle name.

Dead bodies? Give me a few turns, they will be. Greil Mercs, specifically.

MWA-HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well, we're just random passersby. Don't mind the fact that we're heavily armed and--

FBbsulOB_o.png

Ever the diplomatic one, Shinon...

wrwDY5QF_o.png

Well, that escalated quickly.

Gosh darn it, Shinon! You ruined it!

Ey, give me a minute to think, ponytail!

Shinon forgot that this isn't a real time strategy game.

Despite being a squishy mage, Soren has plot armor thick enough to protect him from any attacks, retreating instead of dying.

Damn it...

And the Greil Mercs edge closer and closer to death.

Well, mostly Shinon at this point.

Yeeeeees!

Ike nabs another kill while his friends continue to get attacked by several enemies at once.

Look at him in the top corner of the screen! No sympathy for his friends! He just stands there while they get destroyed!

Disgusting.

The only one really worth saving would be Titania.
And she has plot armor, so.... yeah.

j6Axk1RV_o.pngbnLvOLeg_o.png

While Ike is cutting down soldiers to the left, his friends are, well...

Yep, Shinon died as vainly as he lived. Look at that smirk even in death!

*happy Draggy noises*

LepkFBkR_o.png

And Ike gets a level up.

Yep.

That's it.

At least he got some strength.

Good one, Ike! Be better than you were for me! You can do it, buddy!

Good bye, mounted mommy.

F

Ike gets two crits in a row.

Very nice!

"Majin" means "evil spirit" or "evil god", afaik... which is kinda what demons are.

(and leaving his friend Gatrie to suffer at the hands of merciless soldiers)

"You get no sympathy from me!" ~ Draggy, 2020

Ike gets another level up where it counts. Strength, defense, and speed are all doing well. Skill is just a nice bonus.

This is a good Ike!

Well, at least Titania will stop trying to make it seem like Ike isn't doing this alone anymore.

If only she had glasses.
If only...

lBNCkA88_o.png

At least he's self-aware.

Vitriol aside, these conversations are neat.

byU6g5O0_o.pnghrJxAKlY_o.png

ELsytnrG_o.pngQABmXVZN_o.png

True. Good advice.

That, or she's glad Shinon's dead, too.

"If I die, I want to at least still look elegant!" *faints*
"F***! I GOT TWIGS IN MY DRESS!!!"

tfRLK2ar_o.png

Ever the good samaritan, Ike.

... Until you remember he asks this of a heavily injured, glasses-less Titania.

Great part! I'm just a little bummed that Gatrie lived...
Looking forward to next time!

On 10/7/2020 at 4:21 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, Soren won't last long at all.

Poor Soren, best boy of Tellius is about to get stabbed to death with some enemy arrows and lances...

gXAaQnOM_o.png

At least he is plot relevent enough to live through it anyway.

yDQzWXDV_o.pngudaRT6oV_o.png

Good bye, mounted mommy.

Rip that shiny elixir she was carrying. Biggest loss of the playthrough so far.

Ughhhh....If Ike had one more point of strength, he could one round the boss, but nope. 1 HP left.

Being behind the strength curve is starting to bite you a little.

Spoiler

I wonder if I'll ever actually not be the last to reply in an LP...

ll be making sure to nab those speedwings and the one energy drop that shows up later.

If I remember correctly... Ike can't possibly double Raven Laguz even if he capped speed, and I'm not certain he'd be able to ORKO Halberdiers. I don't actually think you'll be able to get the energy ring, since I think it's the one closest to the boss. You also won't be able to get the Occult scroll for Rolf! Nooo! Unless...Well, Rolf proably will promote before Ike... Just saying...

Have you seen what that man can do with an axe?

Choose to face WTD..

Gatrie once again proving himself to be the fastest armor knight in Tellius, or FE in general, actually.

Wendy and Bors are both much faster

o58rmv9Z_o.png

Ike

I demand that you use Rolf to offset this! Well, and also to have a chance in Serenes Forest. C'mon, dew it! Peer pressure! Etc.!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5: Oh Boyd, somebody else is about to die.

The replies:

Spoiler
On 10/7/2020 at 9:24 AM, Dayni said:

And I wonder why she's my favourite of the Jeigans.

Same. She's one of the few Jagens I like for both their utility and character itself.

It'd be Majin is the word you're thinking of, I wonder if the added i means it's a different word it's based on, if they changed it for the hell of it originally or if that was a change made by localisers. Looking around, the only thing I've found that has the Japanese spelling suggests it was directly lifted.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Elincia looks like she's falling back into a coffin.

xD

On 10/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

Whee!
I've been looking forward to it!

Thanks!

Wellll... if they died, how useful could they really have been?
... Too soon?

Not at all. xD

Rhys and Oscar came back from the grave to take reve--
Wait, wrong genre!

I did have that cleric Grace come back from the dead in that one FE8 rom hack...maybe Rhys and Oscar can do the same? xD

This is the same guy who completely forgets about the weapon triangle.
I think it's safe to say that Greil is getting senile.

And FE fans wonder why almost every FE father has to die. They've just outlived their usefulness.

This is me reading this LP waiting for people to die.

*rubs hands together*

Heeheehee... Instant Karma!

Shinon needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, huh?

Aww... so sweet!
Good thing this is neither Kaga FE nor Fates.

Oh, my!~

Indeed.
My middle name.

F

MWA-HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Draggy is secretly a bloodthirsty villain? xD

Damn it...

Draggy is secretly a bloodthirsty villain confirmed. xD

*happy Draggy noises*

Good one, Ike! Be better than you were for me! You can do it, buddy!

Ike can do it. Ike-annot have it be any other way.

F

She will be missed, even though without her axes and without glasses she was pretty much useless.

If only she had glasses.
If only...

4hl7dq.jpg

Vitriol aside, these conversations are neat.

Indeed.

That, or she's glad Shinon's dead, too.

Titania a bloodthirsty villain too?

Until you remember he asks this of a heavily injured, glasses-less Titania.

Ike does give no sympathy, after all.

Great part! I'm just a little bummed that Gatrie lived...
Looking forward to next time!

I'm not actually sure if that'll happen tbh. Maybe in Ch. 7?

On 10/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Poor Soren, best boy of Tellius is about to get stabbed to death with some enemy arrows and lances...

That's a weird way of spelling Oscar. xD

Rip that shiny elixir she was carrying. Biggest loss of the playthrough so far.

Yep. I only realized that after she died. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt me.

Being behind the strength curve is starting to bite you a little.

*sweats nervously*

On 10/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, Benice said:
  Hide contents

I wonder if I'll ever actually not be the last to reply in an LP...

Ey, no worries. Same, really.

Choose to face WTD..

Yep.

Wendy and Bors are both much faster

How tho?

The update:

Spoiler

Chapter 5:

Nq5OEeAd_o.png

Welcome back! Time for the next chapter of my "I hope I don't get softlocked" Ike solo of Path of Radiance hard mode!

U5onbJqR_o.png

Looks like Greil and Ike are sparring.

And what do I spy in Titania's hand?!

An axe? *tsk tsk*

I thought we've been over this, Red.

BcVKXkx5_o.pngLc5o3OwX_o.png

Time to go say hi to Elincia.

BOwmF6Aw_o.pngeO9uhGZO_o.png

Uh, her hands are still stuck that way, so I wouldn't say she's fine.

QixWjpXG_o.png

His mercs really are the Holy Greil of all merc groups.

I'll see myself out now.

xXvlvKRT_o.pngPPox3sGq_o.png

Don't expect any response. The last time Ike was thanked by a girl, he practically stood there like a statue.

WXHMmR7j_o.pngiBtV5KPE_o.png

Put your trust in Ike, Elincia!

Satisfy the Ike x Elincia shippers!

Ep7GMoV8_o.pngig8fJ1oW_o.png

Casually having a conversation while Elincia's hands are still in "resting in coffin" position.

sW5ii5Ve_o.png5XLcxPjK_o.png

giphy.gif

MA5S3lKN_o.png

His senility comes and goes. At least he can follow a line of logic.

But give him a couple of chapters. That senility will come back to impale bite him.

aMopuTlU_o.png

Ike, get ready. Looks like she's about to faint again.

JkBKfTqF_o.png

tragic backstory exposition continues

zAN0iRFZ_o.png

"Gallia?"

Wait, I've used that joke already.

wkxSw1JF_o.pngHv0qgOJM_o.png

insert pleading look from Elincia that melts hearts

OMm0gPXi_o.png

Glasses, Titania. Then you could see for yourself.

1onSmZsH_o.pngN412uk2I_o.png

Prying much, Ike?

rv5ix6Cl_o.pngfy9oqKey_o.png

Who we never see, actually.

We need a plot to give the game purpose, so I'd say so, Titania.

OB52aIa0_o.png

Channeling Felicia?

qPUQofj2_o.pngmyZIHo3P_o.png

I mean, a small band of mercs against a large army? I'd say they're in a pretty good position to make demands.

X1uO1VGJ_o.pngtufIu0ot_o.png

FFCbOsI8_o.png3kGOJd6C_o.png

The noble path? Or the expedient one? A tough decision indeed.

pMs85ss7_o.pngCk856RVb_o.png

Why did you even bother asking him?

PMoVZpkP_o.png0h85WGf7_o.png

Honorable words, Boyd. I'm sure your brother would be proud of you.

kTtfTZcc_o.pngbRUMepCq_o.png

Tough luck, Soren. You've been outvoted.

BXuieQHP_o.png0xP9t6eq_o.png

What? What does that mean?!

R1j2UGEf_o.pngMEggJHQx_o.png

Oh, well you could've just said that in a single text box instead of keeping me in suspense until the next one appeared.

Smh.

QhtcQLCr_o.pngPeUkB4KC_o.png

Oh, look at that. Three men against an army, two unarmed at that.

I like my odds.

8qRRXuyE_o.pngzJHSVBTw_o.png

At least they don't want to cause unnecessary harm to Elincia. How noble.

LZsBDydp_o.png

Or...not, I guess.

tzSquTCx_o.pngDlfSyZ9i_o.png

All that remains of the GMs.

Let's get started!

VozQWKUC_o.pngOp0CXPAn_o.png

Pretty simple strategy for this chapter. Just have Ike camp on the healing tile and let the other units just hang around nearby.

PhxlFl2R_o.png4dNnevOu_o.png

That level 2 Boyd 'bout to get destroyed.

9prMUJ7f_o.pngOc6p8S8m_o.png

The unkillable Gatrie, ladies and gentleman.

3BT7hBrw_o.pngnZYH77rp_o.png

Unkillable, but not impervious, apparently.

And Ike annihilates the poor archer that decided to stand in front of him.

cBGFy44L_o.png

Eh, for some reason I found this screenshot funny, with the letters still in motion. Idk.

FifPOYJF_o.pngkCGi44sT_o.png

RR57gk0V_o.png

Oh, Boyd. Looks like it's the end for him.

TgfLq5Mr_o.pnge9aG1dnD_o.png

My speedy Ike dodges, and Gatrie tanks more hits.

Uswr1fJ1_o.pngKKmIk01k_o.png

Ike takes some chip damage from an archer, and Gatrie is slowly inching closer to death.

And this is where I skip ahead just a bit, since the next turns are just me waiting for the chapter to end. Nothing interesting, really.

gL0gGCKK_o.pngiWyTztfw_o.png

As you can see, both Ike and Gatrie survived, leading to the chapter automatically ending.

I'm thinking that Gatrie may very well not die before he leaves the mercs. Although Ch. 7 may change that.

zsXSevxd_o.png6X97tlch_o.png

You have a very interesting definition of the word "clear," Soren.

And yes, Ike. I think resisting the Daein army and killing their soldiers would antagonize them quite a bit.

yVb7tRja_o.png

Things are escalating, indeed.

wxLRVXPI_o.pngyKsK0Sqb_o.png

Go follow your girlfriend, Rolf.

sGT9wRbN_o.png

Looks like Greil is an Ike x Elincia shipper as well.

LUEgJEhT_o.png

"Please," Ike. "Please go to the mess hall."

Smh, did Greil not teach you any manners?

bT4vKmU1_o.pngR4Aco6bH_o.png

How can you do anything with your hands still stuck like that? You might want to see a healer.

Where's Rhys when you need--

Oh.

JGmM5Nd6_o.png

Mist, you are being far too nice.

tmb60maN_o.pngZX27TtMM_o.png

Jack of all trades, I see.

Versatility is never a bad thing, I'd say.

lwpvt9YD_o.png0TAC0K2Q_o.png

insert Radiant Dawn spoilers here

L7LmY9Bi_o.png

Eh, I've seen better.

uehVJ9ef_o.pngk6tbIRI9_o.png

And the next scene sees Dakova getting read the riot act by Petrine.

TyAhANpr_o.png

Nice to know you have confidence in your subordinates, Petrine.

vcth8hAa_o.png

2020.png

QwpjiGf2_o.png

The reports of the mercs numbers have been greatly exaggerated.

i2FizBSp_o.pngviXSYSef_o.png

dNsStjnm_o.png053pb88o_o.png

P5PHSyne_o.pngTQdoLVcK_o.png

Just a bit of plot recap and exposition. Nothing new, really.

J3DVyEvB_o.png

And that ends Chapter 5!

This was a bit of a shorter update, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Thanks for continuing to follow the LP!