Do You Ever Say Something Horrible W/Out Realizing It?

Original Alear

I might go with the Necrodancer from Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's kind of a gamble. I'm really not a good dancer at all, it's actually mentally challenging for me to do simple dances, but there have been times I would have liked to improve, and for some reason I really like the idea of having another skeleton tear my skeleton out of my body and then making my skeleton dance for eternity in a castle full of dancing skeletons (I'm not saying the source but I did not come up with that idea myself). As Sothis says, "had I a dancing skeleton of my own, oh, I would sing and dance until I fell upon the ground!"

There's something kinda horrible about that last sentence, and it's probably nothing all that terrible compared to things other people say in this world when it comes to video games. But Sothis actually did lose her skeleton after dying. But I don't think I was thinking about that when I made my post.

Don't get me wrong I have done horrible things, but why am I still around? Do you know how to deal with me if you need to? Can I assist you with that without you thinking I'm trying to trap you?

Do you guys have moments like that a lot?

Very recently when I was buying a car, the vehicle was owned by the seller 's mother who had passed away a year ago.
The man had cherished the vehicle quite so, to me though it was just a car I'm gonna own.
I one point the man was talking about he didn't want to give to someone who would trash it and not take care of it.
I made a dumb joke saying "Well you know, I might be a little rough with it too haha."
uhhh oops.

One time when I was at my girlfriend's house (we're not together anymore, but we're still friends), we had been watching a movie or something, I think. When I was ready to go home, I think she had asked why or something along those lines. I had said, "I think we've hung out enough for today." To me, that sounded completely fine since I was more or less signalling that I was going home, but it clearly didn't sound alright to her. I realize what I said now, of course, after she pointed out how it sounded to her. At the time I said that, that was when I was planning to go home, so I didn't see any issue with it.

Honestly, I'm really bad when it comes to having to respond to things on the spot because I've had no time to mentally prepare what I'm gonna say, so I typically just spit out what comes to mind.

In my defense, I think I was 11? at the time

I read a newspaper on the way to school since I believe I was taking the bus. I was not the brightest so I reading an article that I didn't understand a word from. When I got to school, I asked the nerdy girl that sat next to me what the word 'molested' meant. Judging from her response, she knew what it meant.

I suppose "not realising" may be different from "ignorant", at least.

Edited by Tryhard

I think everyone does occasionally. The biggest example I can think of is that I didn't realize that the "an hero" meme was mocking victims of suicide; I thought it was just a silly way of expressing genuine respect / admiration for somebody.

And I ended up using it in a context in which the actual meaning of it... was not out of place.

A friend reached out to tell me what the meme actually meant and needless to say, I felt Pretty Not Great about it.

Yep, me and a friend were talking and I was having troubles and eventually I said, "you just dont understand". Boy was i wrong, her life was much tougher than mine and it was stupid and I couldn't take it back. That was a while ago, sure, but the memory still stings from time to time when I see her.

Maybe not horrible as in something mean, but I suffered through this and now you guys have to too.

For some god forsaken reason in highschool the definition of a douchebag came up. Like, not the slang definition. A guy asked me if I ever douched. Should have ignored him. But no, the trap had been opened. I told him there was no point in douching because "it's just gonna get dirty anyway", realized what I just said, and back pedaled and said I meant periods and the usual residue that's always there.

30dc4a4b7951d791ee80ada5ce51a8a7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back in high school I used to be extremely transphobic. Like I would say all the common transphobic statements and jokes. I’ve since corrected myself since but looking back I was an idiot 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ottservia said:

I remember back in high school I used to be extremely transphobic. Like I would say all the common transphobic statements and jokes. I’ve since corrected myself since but looking back I was an idiot 

Don't be too hard on yourself, it was common back then to use offensive slang. Was it as bad as the kind of slang you would hear over Xbox Live?
I can't count how many times I called someone or something gay.