Favorite Anime Music?

indigoasis

As the title asks, what is some of your favorite music from anime? This can be more than just an opening or an ending; you're more than welcome to include songs from an OST! Even if an anime uses a licensed song (like "The Great Pretender" sung by Freddie Mercury in... Great Pretender for it's ending, or "Roundabout" by Yes in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for it's ending, to give some examples), I would say that it counts. You can share either a specific song (or multiple songs), or even share an entire soundtrack. Basically, any song that's been used in an anime is fair game. Feel free to share why you like the song you chose!

To share some of my personal favorites, I'd say Takt of Heroes from Re:Zero is really good.

Another song I enjoyed was Futureland by Ace. This specific song was used in Initial D Battle Stage 2, in the very last race with Takumi versus Joshima.

Finally, the last thing I'd like to share isn't a specific song, but rather an entire OST. The Kakegurui OST overall is very well done, and I don't think there's one song that I don't like. Inquisitiveness is a Matter of Flattery would probably be one of my top picks for the piano used about halfway through the song.

I'll be honest, I don't watch too much anime, so I only really know the OPs and ending songs of a couple shows, but the one song I really enjoy is Wild Side, the OP from Beastars. Because jazz.

Tbh, I haven't watched a whole lot of anime, but here's some that have been pretty memorable.

The Fruits Basket reboot's OST in general is a good instrumental soundtrack that adds to the atmosphere in a very nice way, imo.

Probably my favorite individual songs from an anime both come from Kaguya-sama: Love is War (the OP's from both season 1 and season 2) and the first Toradora OP (it's stupidly catchy even if the voices sound a bit shrill).

Edited by twilitfalchion

For me, that would the second opening to Pani Poni Dash... I’ll never forget the “uuuuu.... MAHO!” And after that it would be the first opening to Vandread. That one it pretty good to. Oh and out of sheer Nostalgia  the opening to .Hack

Edited by ciphertul

Basically almost anything composed by Yasuharu Takanashi or Yuki Kajira. God I absolutely love Takanashi’s work on Naruto shippuden and Fairy Tail. He’s really good at really building up hype with a lot of his scores or creating a more slow depressing melody. A couple of my favorites:

As for Yuki Kajira, her compositions just have a certain grandness to them that’s hard to replicate. Her work on Madoka Magica is just breath takingly beautiful in how she truly is able to really bring out the tragedy of that show with her compositions. From the mystical Sis puella magica to the inspiring yet somber and tragic decretum, the soundtrack really helps bring the emotions of this show to life in ways that’s hard to describe with words alone.

Edited by Ottservia

One that I would mention would be the openings of Black Clover. The show has had twelve openings, and they've all been good. I'm not alone in saying that; much of the show's fanbase online agrees that Black Clover has consistently had good openings. 

Though my favourite right now would actually have to be its most recent ending. It was sung by the voice actor of the protagonist. This was his first time doing voice acting for an anime, and his approach in the first couple episodes was basically, "excitedly yell almost every line", which annoyed a lot of people. But, he quickly improved and has been doing a great job as the voice of Asta. And now, well, listen to him sing the most recent ending:

Another one of my favourites would be the opening of Violet Evergarden. Violet Evergarden is a very emotionally-charged show that is simultaneously both one of the most saddening shows I've ever watched and one of the most heartwarming at the same time, and the opening reflects that:

Honestly? I feel a bit of shame that I don't really delve much outside of "anime music," but can you blame me? Stuff was pretty much made to hook you into a show.
Can never go wrong with Gintama. So many good OPs and EDs, Samurai Heart comes to mind immediately, but the ones I like most came from CHiCO with Honeyworks. Through Gintama came my liking of CHiCO with Honeyworks actually. My favorite OP from them is Otome-domo Yo from O Maidens in Your Savage Season.

Unironically? I like the music from the Pokemon anime, especially the Japanese OPs and EDs. Maybe it's cause I'm so familiar with so many of the tracks already (thanks to the video games), but the OPs and EDs I can't explain. I'm more familiar with the Sun and Moon opening Your Adventure than I am with the original american opening at this point.

My most played song below a song from an endless runner about cookies is Shokugeki no Somas Crossing Road. For good reason, I hope it's understood.

I decided to give Psycho-Pass a shot, and it's first OP and ED are really good! I felt like these songs hooked me into watching it, along with the anime's concept, which I find pretty intriguing. Lowkey feels like anime version of NCIS or other police shows, but way more futuristic.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Kekkai Sensen OST is one of the best anime soundtracks I've heard. Taisei Iwasaki caught the vibe of a post-apocalyptic New York scene really well. Also, it is home to one of the most iconic anime endings out there, and I'm a little surprised that despite that it's actually pretty obscure. Its OST is inspired a lot by big band jazz and other music genres, I think some of its best tracks would be Catch Me If You Can, WHITE BEYOND, Snap Out, and its main theme