Azure Moon favorite chapter

drattakbowser

Azure Moon  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What your Azure Moon favorite chapter ?

• 13 : Reunion at Dawn
    • 14 : The Delusional Prince
    • 15 : Valley of Torment
    • 16 : The Rose-Colored River
    • 17 : Blood of the Eagle and Lion
    • 18 : The King's Triumphant Return
    • 19 : The Golden Deer's Plea
    • 20 : The Impregnable Fortress
    • 21 : Our Chosen Paths
    • 22 : Oath of the Dagger

4 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

I make 4 hours to finish this map. 12 divine pulses used and death 16 times.

Oh.. yeah no wonder, because that’s what I (usually) like in an fe map 😂

My favourite chapters are 13 , 18, 21 and 22. They're the ones I find most memorable, and still enjoy on replays. 

13, I find fit thematically very well with AM, it's just so dark and desperate, and the difficulty reflects that, and puts in the mood of what to come. I tend to use full house students on my runs, which I think makes my runs for this chapter a bit more balanced and fun. 

18, is just really satisfying. Whether it's one turning Cornelia or killing all the golems for argarithium. It feels great clearing this map, it embodies Dimitri's return to his senses for me. 

After 18, I like the two endgame maps. But I also think it's because on those last maps, I feel free to stop worrying about exp or finishing builds. All my best units and Dimitri are let loose, and I can have some fun. 

The weaker AM ones for me is 14 and 15. They felt a little like filler to me. 14, I think was kinda similar to 12, and 15 reminded me of that Dorothea paralogue. It was also kinda over quick depending on when the boss decided to charge. I also always somehow forget about Ch 20 too... 

13, 18, 20 and Endgame are my favourites.

13 just because how drastic Dmitri's change in personality is and it is quite jarring and also quite sad.

18 because it shows how Dimitri has grown and healed and contrasts greatly with 13. Also Cornelia, I really wish she was a more prominent antagonist but I like what we saw from her in this chapter.

20 mainly as a close to the Death Knight and also Mercedes' arch with him. I always do her paralogue with Caspar in AM solely for the ending.

Endgame is just exciting. Also I just find it really is a nice ribbon tied around the relationship between Dimitri and Edelgard and their development in this route. Also the ending is super symbolic and I love it a lot.

Really the only chapter I dislike playing is the defending Gareeg Mach chapter. It's just not very interesting imo.

Azure moon maps are just copy pastes of Silver Snow maps. The only two that are not, are copy pastes from Crimson Flower but gimped to be less interesting and difficult, like removing the ships and enemy reinforcements from deirdiu and the fire and enemy reinforcements from fhirdiad.

I'll vote battle of the eagle and the lion since it's the only one not taken from SS and still fun (still not unique but at least it's shared with verdant wind only). I hope more Azure Moon players play the other routes too to see those maps in overall context. 

Edited by SRPG Tryhard

The Derdriu and Fhirdiad maps play nothing like the maps in the same locations in CF; I don't think that's a very fair comparison. And honestly the last three maps of Azure Moon are also very different from the SS/VW equivalents in many ways.

My favourite Azure Moon maps are the final two and to a lesser degree Gronder. Big stakes, some tough individual opponents, and I like the effect that siege weaponry has on the maps.

Least favourite is Chapter 13, for the same reason as every other non-CF route: it's a badly designed map, and its challenge is super-swingy with preparations you have made earlier in the game. It's solid for writing, though, the only route I would say that about it; Dimitri's madness being turned on a bunch of random thieves gives the map some actual emotional heft unlike the complete filler the map is on VW or SS.