Fire Emblem Character you like?

jazzy

Finn from Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 is my favorite character in the series. I really admire his loyalty and dedication to those around him, as well as the sacrifices he's made to protect them. I hate to see characters suffer, but Finn endures through it all, and I can only ever wish the best for him. Not only that, but seeing him grow from a young man to an adult in FE4 can be a somewhat jarring experience, especially since the player hadn't seen him in so long. At the same time, it feels so awesome to see a familiar face from the game's first generation in the second generation. One last thing that I would like to note is that his reunion with one of the second generation's characters is such a sweet moment, and probably one of his most vulnerable moments, which humanizes him quite a bit and really makes you feel for his situation and what he's gone through.

I can almost guarantee that you won't find any other character like him.

In the entire series? Ah, that's tough, ngl. Sorry, I don't think I can keep it to just one.

Probably Marth for a male character. His personality is very likable while also being fairly realistic for a fictional character. He relies heavily on his allies for the victories he achieves and is quick to admit that. But I also like how he a fairly reserved character, not commanding anyone's attention with his presence alone. That kind of personality is something I can relate to as a pretty reserved guy myself. Definitely my favorite male lord and character overall.

For female characters, I'd have to go with either Elincia or Marcia. Elincia has such a great portrayal in RD, it's a shame she didn't get more screen time. The vulnerability she showed in private while dealing with those opposing her was beautiful, really. She's a sweetheart who became an excellent leader over her people and nation.

Marcia's a less complex character, but I love her personality. She's a cute, spunky peg knight (one of my fav classes) who won't hesitate to say what's on her mind, especially when that relates to Makalov. Best Tellius girl.

Sephiran ranks highly for me. An intellectual with a worldly appreciation for humanity who feels its plights and isn't exactly the emotionally strongest person. I would insult Sephiran were I to say we're alike, I'm neither as wise, nor as compassionate, nor as frail, but I would like to think so. I wouldn't mind picking their brain on a variety of topics over some biscotti or other small sweet delicacies on a sunny day around noon, I'm sure it'd be an enlightening conversation. Oh, and I like mages, and I do think Sephiran is a refreshing subversion of a common FE archetype.

I’ve got at length as to why I love Severa before but any excuse to talk about best girl is one I’ll take. Severa is a character that I simply relate to heavily. Seriously, I haven’t resonated with a fictional character this strongly in a long time. She’s a girl that suffers from extreme self-worth and abandonment issues and it’s there that I relate to her most. I know what it’s like to feel like your feelings don’t matter, like you’re too afraid to express yourself for fear of being ridiculed, to bottle everything up and lash out at people. I know that feeling of pessimism and defeatism that you just feel like you can’t do anything right. Like your life is just an endless cycle of failure that no matter how hard you try, you’re just never good enough. It’s a soul crushing feeling that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. It’s there that I resonate with Severa as a character because her struggles are similar to mine. Almost 1:1 in some cases. Honestly, her father supports get me everytime simply because of how relatable they are.

It also helps that she’s an adorable Twintailed tsundere with red hair. That’s always a plus for me personally.

Oh, it's hard to pick just one character, but if I had to choose, I'll go with Micaiah.

I just love her story so much. I also love her personality. I find her to be the perfect mix of someone who can be both sweet, yet strong when needed to be.

Edward by far. He'll never be replaced as number one. Edelgard, Tharja, and Cain are all up there too. Though I've come to like Tharja a bit less since so many people are obsessed with her. I hope that doesn't happen with Edelgard too.

I'd probably have to say Balthus. I'm not sure there's a single aspect of him that I don't enjoy. His design is so aesthetically pleasing to me (abs), with the colour scheme (abs) and the outfit itself with the open jacket and chains looks really cool (did i mention abs). His voice actor did an incredible job of conveying his enthusiasm and brashness in the more humorous scenes, but also did really great in the more serious beats he has too.

His character in general is super endearing to me- the noble who gave it all up in order to pursue his own happiness, and ended up wrecking his life over it. But despite everything bad that happens to him, he acknowledges his own faults and accepts that he'll pay for his mistakes some day, but in the meantime he'll bear their weight to prevent the people he cares about from suffering. Plus he shows a lot of self-awareness even to the point of almost breaking the fourth wall (like where he notes that clearing weeds is great for heavy armour training), and his lines are just super funny (Huh. I have a habit of not saying the right thing to her. Not much I can do abo– Hey, it's more gold! Go ahead and join your buddies in my pocket, pal.).

As an added bonus, he's an incredible unit in game- I've already gone on at length about the time I made him a Great Knight and tanked the whole game, but he works arguably even better as a pure offensive unit in a class like War Master. I'm only at chapter 7 of my new Maddening run and he's already one rounding units with his fists. Like seriously, he's so good.

Anyway, as an honorable mention I'd probably have to say Touma from TMS. He's just so damn likeable, always trying to play the hero and never let anybody go unhappy. His side story was probably my favourite of them all, and he was my best unit, critting and dealing way too much damage in one hit. 

Top favorite easily goes to Lissa from Awakening. She has an incredibly cute design, fun personality, hilarious dialogue, relatable struggles with self-worth and feeling like you don't belong, and her interactions with Owain are so goddamn wholesome. Plus seeing this small girl utterly wreck ass with a battleaxe that's nearly the size of herself never gets old.

Honorable mentions would be Claude (haha funni upside down man), Lyon (really needs a hug [and maybe an exorcist]), Henry (also needs hugs and exorcisms, but for totally different reasons), and Walhart (basically beta Edelgard to me, ridiculously overhated and is genuinely super imposing).

Edited by GreatKnightEcho

pozBkrA.png

My first FE game was conquest. In that first foray, Effie pulled off clutch saves and defences for me. So Effie has a special place in my heart.

Other contenders: 
Camilla (Fates)
Mia (POR)
Alm (Echoes)
Ferdinand (Three Houses)

NB: I am currently playing Radiant Dawn, so I may update this eventually.