Voting Gauntlet: Ponytails vs. Pigtails!

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Ponytails vs. Pigtails!  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• Duma: God of Strength
    • Kiria: Cool Façade
    • Mikoto: Caring Mother
    • Hilda: Idle Maiden
    • Eyvel: Mistress of Fiana
    • Robin: Mystery Tactician
    • Kris: Unsung Hero
    • Laevatein: Searing Steel

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2020 at 02:59 AM

6 hours ago, Jave said:

I was always under the impression that:

Pigtails: Two Braided Tails
Twintails: Two Straight Tails
Ponytail: Single Straight Tail

According to Wikipedia, the term "pigtails" has some variation in meaning.

The original meaning as applied to hairstyle was specifically for braided hair regardless number or style. However, in modern usage, it more commonly refers to two symmetric bundles of hair regardless of if they are braided or not (and this is the definition I grew up knowing).

"Twintails" refers specifically to two symmetric, unbraided ponytails (and, as mentioned earlier, is a word borrowed from Japanese).

We have the 1st hour results ,to know how each army is doing without the multipliers... so we have:

1. Hilda, with 15,583,032;
  2. Kiria, with 6,318,025;
  3. Laevatein, with 5,117,869;
  4. Kris, with 4,846,781;
  5. Duma, with 4,394,332;
  6. Robin, wiwth 4,198,478;
  7. Eyvel, with 2,684,990;
  8. Mikoto, with 1,882,162.

Hilda is the army with more support this round, and she is destroying Mikoto. All the others combats are going pretty alright. Anyone can win in the others matches, but Mikoto winning? Only with a Multiplier in the last hour to save her.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, Mercakete said:

I am definitely supporting Duma. Poor guy is the only male here. Also the only dragon. After him... Whoever wins between Hilda and Makoto (if I'm remembering her name right) I guess.

@Ice Dragon

It's a common term where I live. I remember seeing "twintails" online only a couple years ago or something and being very confused. I was all "Are they talking about that one Star Wars race or do they mean pigtails?"

Also, people bring up some good points. Jill's accessory is actually a ponytail, so why isn't she here? That said, I'd rather see Shinon here than Jill. There are enough ponytail guys out there (Subaki, Shinon, Duma, Hinata, Takumi, Jorge(+Daniel), Naesala, Seliph, Oliver, Jakob, at least 2 Ryomas (Bathtime and Dancing), etc.) that they should have more than just 1 rep. Heck, I can even think of at least 1 dude with some variance on pigtails out there (Soren, but his hairstyle is somewhat unique so I'm not sure if it counts.) There is no reason for there to be 7/8 women on this VG, not when they could have at least put Soren (pigtails) and Takumi (he's getting a resplendent soon so may as well built the hype, right?) here, too. It's not like we're lacking in ponytail/pigtail guys to fill it out. Even if they're trying to get reps from different games out there, they could've replaced Makoto with Takumi and anyone on Team Pigtails with Soren and they'd still accomplish that. If they're going for 5* exclusives, then why not just change the "free unit" slot from Pigtails (F!Robin) to Ponytail? Then we could have Jorge or Naesala as the free unit and have him face off against some other 5* non-seasonal exclusive pigtail unit like Lute.

Edit again: Just to be clear, I still think IS can do whatever the heck they want. It's just also that it's not like the alternative wasn't available.

Pigtails is a much more common term than twintails. I believe twintails is more of an anime term. It may actually be a different hairstyle. I usually think of twintails as being long and thin, like Selena/Severa's hair, and pigtails as shorter and thicker/fluffier, like Lissa or Peri's hair. But going by that definition, how would one categorize Elise's hair?

I was surprised not to see more men (especially Takumi, given his popularity, although I was kind of relieved not to see him since he has been in several other gauntlets and I'm not too fond of him.) Also, he was in a "short haired ladies vs. long haired gents" event in the past.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, Seazas said:

>No Selena, Mae or Serra

>Kris

Nice try Intsys, easily a flop of a gauntlet. Hilda or Duma of all people will steamroll. 

This gauntlet stinks. Where are Peri and Lissa, the reigning queens of pigtails?

Or maybe I should be relieved. I'd have an extremely hard time choosing between those two and would probably have to flip a coin. They're both adorable, I love their hairstyles, and both are among my favorite characters in their respective games.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

Oh. Wow. I can't believe we made it to round 2!! Nice work, Team Duma! X3 Let's keep going and defeat Hilda!

On another note, it's interesting how we still have an even number of pigtailed characters and ponytailed characters. Further, it's still a ponytail vs a pigtail on both sides. I wonder if the trend will continue into the final round. To that end, kind of hoping we see Duma vs Robin in the end (and Duma winning.)

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Mercakete

Well, I've done all I can for Duma for this round. Let's try our hardest to get him into the final round!

Dang. XD In the end, it really is a Pigtail vs a Ponytail. I prefer ponytails (I'm wearing one right now) but I think I might prefer Hilda as a character to Kris, so...I guess I'll be joining her team for the final round. We did our best, Team Duma!

I thought red was the problem color during VGs but this time it seems to be green. I have been on Team Robin (now Team Hilda) and people on my friend's list apparently can't be bothered to change their unit to a different color. Yeah, I know you are proud of you +10 B!Edelgards, Sheenas and Echidnas but they are not who I want to see when all I am fighting are three red units. Had to purge them just so I could start seeing L!Chrom and Larcei more often. At least now I have five slots open on my friends list.

Edited by NSSKG151

11 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I thought red was the problem color during VGs but this time it seems to be green. I have been on Team Robin (now Team Hilda) and people on my friend's list apparently can't be bothered to change their unit to a different color. Yeah, I know you are proud of you +10 B!Edelgards, Sheenas and Echidnas but they are not who I want to see when all I am fighting are three red units. Had to purge them just so I could start seeing L!Chrom and Larcei more often. At least now I have five slots open on my friends list.

Yeah, I almost forgot to change my lead from my +10 Boey (dedicated (colorless) bow-killer and pretty good against colorless daggers too, not to mention burn everything when his bonfire activates) to my +10 Rinea (dedicated support unit, offers allies within 2 spaces a sort of force field. Also, she has CC, miracle (so she can keep dancing), and hits fairly hard for a support unit.) I usually have Rinea as my lead because I figure she'd be the most helpful for people, but when I was supporting a blue person in a previous VG, I switched to Boey.

Well darn. I was really hoping Kris would take this since we had the last hour multiplier. But I also knew that we were at a pretty big disadvantage army size wise, so . . .

But I was really hoping Kris would join the other Avatar pairs has having at least one VG win under their hat(Summer Corrin, Male Grima(Robin), Summer Byleth). Though all those were alts so maybe a Kris has to get an alt before they get to win a VG.