need help with nightmare editor

Orochi

Im trying to use the original nightmare (is what I think its called) and I already did all the things like loading the rom and modules and that stuff the only thing i need help with is that it shows 

completly wrong growth rates, base stats and basicly everything else, idk what im doing wrong. I also tried the same rom on nightmare 2 and I have the same problems there .its not cause of the game 

either ( I was talking about awakening the entire time ) I tried the same thing with fates and it still didnt work properly. I dont know much about this kind of stuff and i dumped the roms myself so 

theres prbly something wrong with them. Thx so much for the help in advance :D

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Could you please show a picture of the growths? If you do, I might be able to help. 

One question, did you decompress the person.bin file?

Idk if i sound stupid saying this but I didnt , I just followed a tutorial on how to dump a trim.3ds file so i just used that,  the nightmare also opened it without any issues so i thought it was right 😕 . If i said something dumb pls feel free to correct me and you also dont have to give a tutorial on how to get a person.bin file or somethin if its to much trouble.

40333541_Screenshot(2).png.fe6d71fb83c224ed324d0c0d231f71d9.png

and thats a picture of owains growth rates and stuff ( CF 60 E4 F9 6F EB 03 D3 are the full encrypted player growth rates and A7 55 45 D5 5D 7F 0F F7 are the full encrypted enemy growth rates if that helps )

thx in advance if you can help somehow and im sry for the late response 😕

Just now, Orochi said:

Idk if i sound stupid saying this but I didnt , I just followed a tutorial on how to dump a trim.3ds file so i just used that,  the nightmare also opened it without any issues so i thought it was right 😕 . If i said something dumb pls feel free to correct me and you also dont have to give a tutorial on how to get a person.bin file or somethin if its to much trouble.

40333541_Screenshot(2).png.fe6d71fb83c224ed324d0c0d231f71d9.png

and thats a picture of owains growth rates and stuff ( CF 60 E4 F9 6F EB 03 D3 are the full encrypted player growth rates and A7 55 45 D5 5D 7F 0F F7 are the full encrypted enemy growth rates if that helps )

thx in advance if you can help somehow and im sry for the late response 😕

You have to unpack the files out of the ROM, then make edits. You can't open the 3ds rom as a whole. There is a program for this.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You have to unpack the files out of the ROM, then make edits. You can't open the 3ds rom as a whole. There is a program for this.

oh thx im gonna try that 😄

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry if it's a tad confusing. If there any issues, hopefully I can help get them sorted out!

so i did everything now and got a bunch of files, wich one do i need to use for nightmare now ? ( im sry again if the things i ask are kind of dumb im just not very experienced with this 😕 )

45 minutes ago, Orochi said:

so i did everything now and got a bunch of files, wich one do i need to use for nightmare now ? ( im sry again if the things i ask are kind of dumb im just not very experienced with this 😕 )

Let me see the files, please!

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Let me see the files, please!

1119990447_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.ec8ab611ac18c457cca78c9f54999de7.png

sry that it took a bit ! If you need something more then a picture or some more just tell me 😄

2 minutes ago, Orochi said:

1119990447_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.ec8ab611ac18c457cca78c9f54999de7.png

sry that it took a bit ! If you need something more then a picture or some more just tell me 😄

Alright now you need to use a romFS extraction tool to extract the files from decrypted romfs.bin.

Edit: you can find one separately or it comes with some other programs. 

Edited by lightcosmo

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright now you need to use a romFS extraction tool to extract the files from decrypted romfs.bin.

Edit: you can find one separately or it comes with some other programs. 

alright imma do that 😄

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just let me know if it works or you need more help!

would you mind linking a tool like that 😕 , i searched for it and idk if the one i found is right

edit: ( and btw thx for all the help i wouldnt have thought that someone was willing to help me this much 😄 )

Edited by Orochi

9 minutes ago, Orochi said:

would you mind linking a tool like that 😕 , i searched for it and idk if the one i found is right

edit: ( and btw thx for all the help i wouldnt have thought that someone was willing to help me this much 😄 )

This is the one I used.

https://github.com/MiqellDestroyer/HackingToolkit3DS

edit: you're very welcome! Glad to help out!

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You need to use the romFS extraction tool.

I think this is the first time i already guessed that xD

Edit:  lol that sounded rude pls dont take it that way 

Edited by Orochi