Jump to content
Orochi

need help with nightmare editor

Recommended Posts

Im trying to use the original nightmare (is what I think its called) and I already did all the things like loading the rom and modules and that stuff the only thing i need help with is that it shows 

completly wrong growth rates, base stats and basicly everything else, idk what im doing wrong. I also tried the same rom on nightmare 2 and I have the same problems there .its not cause of the game 

either ( I was talking about awakening the entire time ) I tried the same thing with fates and it still didnt work properly. I dont know much about this kind of stuff and i dumped the roms myself so 

theres prbly something wrong with them. Thx so much for the help in advance :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Could you please show a picture of the growths? If you do, I might be able to help. 

One question, did you decompress the person.bin file?

Idk if i sound stupid saying this but I didnt , I just followed a tutorial on how to dump a trim.3ds file so i just used that,  the nightmare also opened it without any issues so i thought it was right 😕 . If i said something dumb pls feel free to correct me and you also dont have to give a tutorial on how to get a person.bin file or somethin if its to much trouble.

 

40333541_Screenshot(2).png.fe6d71fb83c224ed324d0c0d231f71d9.png

and thats a picture of owains growth rates and stuff ( CF 60 E4 F9 6F EB 03 D3 are the full encrypted player growth rates and A7 55 45 D5 5D 7F 0F F7 are the full encrypted enemy growth rates if that helps )

thx in advance if you can help somehow and im sry for the late response 😕

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orochi said:

Idk if i sound stupid saying this but I didnt , I just followed a tutorial on how to dump a trim.3ds file so i just used that,  the nightmare also opened it without any issues so i thought it was right 😕 . If i said something dumb pls feel free to correct me and you also dont have to give a tutorial on how to get a person.bin file or somethin if its to much trouble.

 

40333541_Screenshot(2).png.fe6d71fb83c224ed324d0c0d231f71d9.png

and thats a picture of owains growth rates and stuff ( CF 60 E4 F9 6F EB 03 D3 are the full encrypted player growth rates and A7 55 45 D5 5D 7F 0F F7 are the full encrypted enemy growth rates if that helps )

thx in advance if you can help somehow and im sry for the late response 😕

 

 

 

You have to unpack the files out of the ROM, then make edits. You can't open the 3ds rom as a whole. There is a program for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThatsEnoughBackTalk said:

can u send download link or whatever

If you mean the roms, I dont know if thats allowed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You have to unpack the files out of the ROM, then make edits. You can't open the 3ds rom as a whole. There is a program for this.

oh thx im gonna try that 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry if it's a tad confusing. If there any issues, hopefully I can help get them sorted out!

so i did everything now and got a bunch of files, wich one do i need to use for nightmare now ? ( im sry again if the things i ask are kind of dumb im just not very experienced with this 😕 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Orochi said:

so i did everything now and got a bunch of files, wich one do i need to use for nightmare now ? ( im sry again if the things i ask are kind of dumb im just not very experienced with this 😕 )

Let me see the files, please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Let me see the files, please!

1119990447_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.ec8ab611ac18c457cca78c9f54999de7.png

sry that it took a bit ! If you need something more then a picture or some more just tell me 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Orochi said:

1119990447_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.ec8ab611ac18c457cca78c9f54999de7.png

sry that it took a bit ! If you need something more then a picture or some more just tell me 😄

Alright now you need to use a romFS extraction tool to extract the files from decrypted romfs.bin.

Edit: you can find one separately or it comes with some other programs. 

Edited by lightcosmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright now you need to use a romFS extraction tool to extract the files from decrypted romfs.bin.

Edit: you can find one separately or it comes with some other programs. 

alright imma do that 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orochi said:

alright imma do that 😄

Just let me know if it works or you need more help!

6 minutes ago, ThatsEnoughBackTalk said:

How do u install this?

 

What do you mean, exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just let me know if it works or you need more help!

 

would you mind linking a tool like that 😕 , i searched for it and idk if the one i found is right

edit: ( and btw thx for all the help i wouldnt have thought that someone was willing to help me this much 😄 )

Edited by Orochi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Orochi said:

would you mind linking a tool like that 😕 , i searched for it and idk if the one i found is right

edit: ( and btw thx for all the help i wouldnt have thought that someone was willing to help me this much 😄 )

This is the one I used.

https://github.com/MiqellDestroyer/HackingToolkit3DS

edit: you're very welcome! Glad to help out!

Edited by lightcosmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You need to use the romFS extraction tool.

I think this is the first time i already guessed that xD

Edit:  lol that sounded rude pls dont take it that way 

Edited by Orochi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...