Mythic Hero Plumeria: Lewd Dream

NSSKG151

52 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Saying "historically" doesn't mean much when they only did two FEH New Heroes banners. And of those two, the first one was the third New Heroes banner just in that month (September 2018) while the second was a blatant between books filler banner. As far as I'm concerned, we really didn't lose much due to those banners existing.

If they do that again, it'll probably be Freyr in my opinion since he's a good fairy like Peony and Mirabilis.

They literally have two years worth of Mythics just from the Jugdral crusaders (aka a single game) alone. They have plenty more characters to use from the mainline games than you think.

That's more of a product of all of those characters being 2018 releases. There are very few 5* exclusives from that year that still hold up well as fodder, regardless of which game they came from.

Honestly, this isn't going to change much as Freyja is just going to take Plumeria's place up there (possibly in addition to newest hot waifu from Book V)

The September one was the third in that month, but shortly afterward, we skipped the expected early December banner. So I see it as effectively taking that slot. As for Fire and Ice, we got a perfectly good "between books filler banner" last year in the form of the FE6 banner, with five proper new characters.

I love the Jugdral games and I don't give a fuck about the Jugdral crusaders. Twelve characters who have no lines, never appear in the games, and would just use rehashes of weapons we're already getting on normal characters? I'd say continuing to get through our lineup of actual playable characters is far more significant.

Like, even if we ignore the two Book 2 OC banners being small and assume it's a 1:1 trade, that's 12 Jugdral crusaders vs 12 regular New Heroes, largely consisting of playable characters who haven't otherwise been added. Easy choice in my book. It can be fun to get oddballs like Altina occasionally, but I wouldn't want to reach the point of those being most or all of the mythics released anytime soon.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nym said:

If you don't count the crusaders you mentionned (which isn't guaranteed at all), you have at best one or two Mythics per game, and Echoes and Awakening are out of Mythics already. Two Mythics for Marth's games, unsure about FE4 and FE5 (maybe Legendary Julius but that's not a Mythic like his sister), FE6 might have two but possibly just one since Iduun is here as a regular hero already. FE7 one or two. Very unsure about FE8 since Lyon is already there twice as both himself and the Demon King. Ike's games two more for sure, maybe even 3. Fates is only Anankos and Three Houses maybe just Rhea and at best, Nemesis too. That's two years at best if you ask me unless they add the crusaders or Anri.

Elibe has eight heroes of legend (of which Bramimond was one) that could be used: Athos, the aforementioned and already used Bramimond, Roland, Durban, St. Elimine, Hanon, Barigan, and Hartmut.

Tellius has more than just three candidates left: Ashera, Dheginsea, Soan, Lehran, and Ashunera.

Three Houses additionally has: enlightened Byleth (if they aren't Legendary), Cichol, Cethleann, Indech, Macuil, the Ten Elites, and other historical figures like Wilhelm I and Loog.

Again, there is still plenty of material outside of FEH OCs that could be used.

53 minutes ago, Othin said:

The September one was the third in that month, but shortly afterward, we skipped the expected early December banner. So I see it as effectively taking that slot. As for Fire and Ice, we got a perfectly good "between books filler banner" last year in the form of the FE6 banner, with five proper new characters.

Eir's Hero Fest took the early December slot, not Generals of Muspell. 

This is probably because I kinda hate FE6 (plus it already got a banner earlier in the year), but I would've been fine if they just had a Thrasir, Lif, Gustav and Henriette banner there instead because that FE6 banner was about as interesting to me (which is to say, it was not at all) as that hypothetical OC banner would've been plus that OC banner would have actually been profitable for IS

53 minutes ago, Othin said:

I love the Jugdral games and I don't give a fuck about the Jugdral crusaders.

And I don't give a fuck about any of the FEH OCs and would rather have the Jugdral crusaders over any of them, so I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Again, I wouldn't mind the OCs as much if there weren't so many of them. If our fairies were basically just Peony, Triandra, Freyr, and Freyja ... and back in book two we only got Fjorm and one of her siblings, one of the Muspell sisters and Helbindi, along with Surtr, I think it would've been better. We just ... REALLY don't need this many OCs in general. Even when they're playable it's not like Heroes is delving super deep into these characters that they could've gotten by story alone, and most of them will never be seen again afterwards.

Besides, even ignoring entities like the Jugdral crusaders, who have basically nothing about them except for a name, every new fairy pushes back candidates like Ashera, Medeus, and Anankos back further. Those guys definitely should be in as mythic at the very least. So I can understand the aggravation from people who don't like the OCs.

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

This is probably because I kinda hate FE6 (plus it already got a banner earlier in the year), but I would've been fine if they just had a Thrasir, Lif, Gustav and Henriette banner there instead because that FE6 banner was about as interesting to me (which is to say, it was not at all) as that hypothetical OC banner would've been plus that OC banner would have actually been profitable for IS

You do realize it took two fucking years for FE6 to even get that first banner right? FE6 isn't one of my favorite games either, but to say it shouldn't get a second banner cuz "I hate it" is just mean and petty, especially since it could use all the banners it can get to play catch up after having not getting a new unit for two years since launch besides Klein.

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize it took two fucking years for FE6 to even get that first banner right? FE6 isn't one of my favorite games either, but to say it shouldn't get a second banner cuz "I hate it" is just mean and petty, especially since it could use all the banners it can get to play catch up after having not getting a new unit for two years since launch besides Klein.

Yes, and there were probably reasons why it took IS literal years to get to FE6 which I'm sure that November 2019 banner reminded them of in a painful way financially.

I never stated that I would've deleted that banner and replace it with the OC one if I could or that FE6 shouldn't get anymore banners ever. All I said was that it would've made no difference to me personally if that OC banner happened instead of the FE6 one.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, and there were probably reasons why it took IS literal years to get to FE6 which I'm sure that November 2019 banner reminded them of in a painful way financially.

I never stated that I would've deleted that banner and replace it with the OC one if I could or that FE6 shouldn't get anymore banners ever. All I said was that it would've made no difference to me personally if that OC banner happened instead of the FE6 one.

That doesn't mean it deserves to just be neglected though

Not to mention the Guardians of Peace Banner released in mid november, and everyone was already expecting something for the Book 4 introduction in early December.

I was one that skipped that banner in waiting for something in the version 4.0... not to mention Altina was released that month as well.

The timing of the banner didn't help it. The units themselves are actually good... well... Larum is good because she is the only Binding Blade dancer and helps a lot in Limited Hero Banners, but the banner before had a 3-4* dagger dancer, so she is not that especial outside the Limited Maps.

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eir's Hero Fest took the early December slot, not Generals of Muspell. 

And I don't give a fuck about any of the FEH OCs and would rather have the Jugdral crusaders over any of them, so I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

It's possible that Eir's Hero Fest was the only reason, but I am highly skeptical. Banners being moved around makes more sense to me than a main banner being replaced by a non-main one.

That might be your preference, but I think it would have been a terrible decision to cut an FE6 banner with a bunch of perfectly relevant characters just to fit more irrelevant history characters into mythic slots. Or to leave characters already established in Heroes out of being playable in Heroes. Especially ones that already have art and weapons!

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Freyja isn't as trash as Plumeria.

i'm not gonna walk in here and warn for opinions, frankly i don't like plumeria myself, but this is an open statement to especially you and in part anyone else reading this post: if you're going to walk into the thread announcing plumeria, you shits, and the best you've got is calling her 'trash' and getting angry she's in the game, do a 360 and walk out of the thread please

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Besides, even ignoring entities like the Jugdral crusaders, who have basically nothing about them except for a name, every new fairy pushes back candidates like Ashera, Medeus, and Anankos back further. Those guys definitely should be in as mythic at the very least. So I can understand the aggravation from people who don't like the OCs.

Every character added pushes back every other character not in yet. There’s no rule that says Medeus can only be added as a Mythic, or that IS can only add Mythics once every other month.

The key point is, what characters can afford not to be added. Even if you’re not interested Plumeria or any other OC, some people are. It’s unfair to suggest they shouldn’t be playable. Alts, on the other hand, are inherently superfluous. More characters means more expenses for IS, so every alt “steals” assets that could have gone to a character not in yet.

12 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Every character added pushes back every other character not in yet. There’s no rule that says Medeus can only be added as a Mythic, or that IS can only add Mythics once every other month.

The key point is, what characters can afford not to be added. Even if you’re not interested Plumeria or any other OC, some people are. It’s unfair to suggest they shouldn’t be playable. Alts, on the other hand, are inherently superfluous. More characters means more expenses for IS, so every alt “steals” assets that could have gone to a character not in yet.

I'm not saying that Plumeria shouldn't be playable. She already exists and we knew she was going to become a playable mythic a long time ago, so that bridge had long been crossed. I'm not even saying we should have no more OCs period, because that's obviously not going to happen.

What I'm saying is that Heroes should really consider making less OCs, especially if they're going to shove them in as Mythic heroes at the end of their book, since at least half of them could be cut out of the story with little to no change needed to accommodate for it. They're really not good at handling a large amount of OCs.

Going to FE6 for a quickie, I'm very happy they finally started giving it banners. There's even still a decent selection of characters that seem odd to be left out of the FE6 representation (Elffin, Dieck, Melady, Douglas [yes him because round out the Douglas/Cecilia/Perceval general trinity], Galle, Murdock, etc.).

On the topic of OCs, I share the opinion of "too many." I know FEH is gonna have them, but there really have been just SO many, and several of them are very unnecessary. If they scaled back the amount they make from here on out, people would probably be less annoyed.

I'm honestly fine with the amount of OCs. I don't keep count, but it certainly doesn't feel to me like we're getting bombarded by them or anything.

As for Plumeria, I'll try to go for her. Don't have many orbs, but getting a copy would be nice.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

I don't keep count, but it certainly doesn't feel to me like we're getting bombarded by them or anything

They literally make up exactly half of the Mythic roster now:

FEH: Eir, Thrasir, Peony, Lif, Mirabilis, Hel, Plumeria

Not FEH: Duma, Yune, Naga, Sothis, Altina, Bramimond, Mila

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They literally make up exactly half of the Mythic roster now:

FEH: Eir, Thrasir, Peony, Lif, Mirabilis, Hel, Plumeria

Not FEH: Duma, Yune, Naga, Sothis, Altina, Bramimond, Mila

Yeah, and? I'm not talking about Mythics exclusively. They've released those characters in the span of, what, a year and a half?

58 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What I'm saying is that Heroes should really consider making less OCs, especially if they're going to shove them in as Mythic heroes at the end of their book, since at least half of them could be cut out of the story with little to no change needed to accommodate for it. They're really not good at handling a large amount of OCs.

Well, in the mainline games, how many characters are essential to the plot? Especially in the early games, plenty of playable characters don’t even have much characterisation.

Of course, the difference is this game is a crossover, so it’s trying to handle hundreds of characters. Adding OCs on top does not help, but it is not the root of the problem.

On the topic of OCs, I like them as part of the story, what I don't like is the way they were added. I don't like the fact that they are half of the the Mythic cast. As individual units I like them and if I want to be honest they are some of the only Mythics I use outside AR. They could space them out or make only the mastot/free unit like Eir and Peony and the ones that are godlike like Hel and the goat siblings. Book 4 still has 3 Mythics to give and we still are not in book 5. The problem isn't that they become Mythics while they shouldn't, but that they are half of the Mythics will keep gotting more and more and that doesn't leave space for other heroes, especially now that we have 2 free Mythic slots before all of them are complete and they spice them up in a new way. 

10 minutes ago, Jave said:

Yeah, and? I'm not talking about Mythics exclusively. They've released those characters in the span of, what, a year and a half?

They released six of them (Thrasir -> Plumeria) within the span of a year (Sep 2019 -> Sep 2020). Within that same span, we've only gotten three of those non-FEH ones (Altina, Bramimond, Mila).

What I'm saying is that they are very much bombarding us with FEH Mythics (aka the only type of Hero that they release new OCs as since Eir).

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They released six of them (Thrasir -> Plumeria) within the span of a year (Sep 2019 -> Sep 2020). Within that same span, we've only gotten three of those non-FEH ones (Altina, Bramimond, Mila).

What I'm saying is that they are very much bombarding us with FEH Mythics (aka the only type of Hero that they release new OCs as since Eir).

I don't care about how characters are labeled. If a character is good and I like them, I'll use them.

I can't say I'm bothered by the way OCs are being handled, and that's simply how I feel. I say take your own advice and agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

I don't care about how characters are labeled. If a character is good and I like them, I'll use them.

Yeah, I am similar here. I would use any unit as long as they are good, and it does not matter if I like them or not as characters. While I do wish that every character gets in the game, including minor brigand bosses and the Gatekeeper, that wish is very far down my priorities list. I am far more interested in what a unit feels like on my screen under my fingertips than what they look and sound like on their character page. I do not care about Ike at all and I vastly prefer player phase over enemy phase gameplay, but BH!Ike is one of my most used units because he is absolutely bonkers for Aether Raids and it takes the stress away from dealing with Infantry Pulse defense teams. I love Edelgard, but the only one I use is ANF!Edelgard and I only use her when I am copying guides or do armor quests. I think Plumeria is the first unit that I really like as a character and as a unit that also matches my play style.

It really depends on how the player sees Heroes as a game.

Players who sees Heroes as a way to collect their favorite characters would see things differently. They would have different expectations and priorities. Representation and alts would probably matter a lot more to those players.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Of course, the difference is this game is a crossover, so it’s trying to handle hundreds of characters. Adding OCs on top does not help, but it is not the root of the problem.

This is the whole point as to why they could stand to have less OCs. Other games are not crossovers trying to handle hundreds of characters. This one is.

Heroes isn't a 1-to-1 comparison to other FE games simply because of the scale of what they're trying to do. It's not Warriors, focusing on only a few characters from a select few games but integrating them all into the plot, nor is it a typical FE with a complete story that ends somewhere and is generally self-contained. It may not be the root of the problem, but it certainly isn't helping and that - is - the - point.

I got Plumy too 👏 (not free - but with in budget, so happiness). mine is +atk/-res, but i intend to merge up all my fairies so i can live w/this). 
Honestly. I wish the Fairies were in the regular pool because i love them, i'd make htem all projects, and getting them as rando pity breakers (though as they are dancers they'd very rarely if ever have banners so that would be sadness). 

i've mentioned this before and i'll say it again. people complain (a lot) about units stealing banner slots. or over representation - and that's fair that's your opinion. but it won't surprise me that a good reason why we don't have a lot more FEH heroes characters on banners is because so many people complained about them being regular heroes. they were like ifine whatever. we'll make them limited and they don't show up that often. they are *not* going to do it. but again people have to remember that there are people who like the Original Characters and would like to have variations of them. just as much as those who want other characters from the mainline games. so how they are doing it is fine, i gather.

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Oh man the above discussion means a lot of people aren’t going to be happy with this post just because of the subject material.

But anyway, I have my Astra dancer, as a Free pull as well!

B217-D951-3090-4-B75-A04-E-62-DF11358-C4

Neutral, so no issues there.

Got mine in 14 orbs, -Spd/+Res. Since her Spd is terrible and her Res is high, seems a nice IV.