Mythic Hero Plumeria: Lewd Dream

NSSKG151

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I almost kinda wish the personified reaper hadn't been killed already so that she could canonically do this.

Point being, I'm more likely to try and get Plumeria come December than I was when she came out.

(But seriously, can I get some non-flying offensive mythics IS?)

That is a really nice fan comic! It hit the feels just right.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I'll be entriely honest I'm just waiting on Triandra. Plumeria was an interesting character, but the whole Lewd Dream concept didn't appeal to me. Really, Triandra was the only character this book that I liked.

Same, Trianra is imo the most well designed out of the Alfar and I like the concept the most. Though I wanted plumeria as well, mostly for Astra season.

14 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

Plumeria was an interesting character, but the whole Lewd Dream concept didn't appeal to me. Really, Triandra was the only character this book that I liked.

I feel similarly, except that I also think it would have been more interesting and made more sense of Plumeria dressed modestly. Every time there's a character repping lust, she (since I have yet to see lust represented as a dude) is always "sexy." Plumeria's interesting in that she both reps and hates lust, and the fact that she hates it makes it make sense to me that she wouldn't show off her body (even if she's curvaceous) since she'd be trying to discourage that sort of thinking. And just because she kind of ruled over lewd dreams doesn't mean she has to be the object of them (and, I think, it makes more sense if she's not the object of them since she's the one delivering them and wouldn't want herself seen that way.) It would've been both a logical and a fresh take on the "incarnation of lewd feelings" character.

I feel similarly about Olivia. You don't need to dress down to dance, and if she hates people staring at her so much, then why doesn't she dress in a way that she would feel more comfortable? Maybe she wouldn't mind people watching her so much if she had a bit more fabric between herself and her audience. You can still look beautiful and dance wonderfully without being more or less in nothing but your underwear. Even Tethys-level style (which is similar but a bit more modest, and, I think, looks more coordinated and just better on the whole) would probably make her feel better.

@Dayni

Oh man that comic. That got me...except that Hel's dead so it's hard to take it all that seriously. Kind of wish Book 3 swapped places with Book 4. It almost makes me want to pull Plumeria someday.

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I feel similarly, except that I also think it would have been more interesting and made more sense of Plumeria dressed modestly. Every time there's a character repping lust, she (since I have yet to see lust represented as a dude) is always "sexy." Plumeria's interesting in that she both reps and hates lust, and the fact that she hates it makes it make sense to me that she wouldn't show off her body (even if she's curvaceous) since she'd be trying to discourage that sort of thinking. And just because she kind of ruled over lewd dreams doesn't mean she has to be the object of them (and, I think, it makes more sense if she's not the object of them since she's the one delivering them and wouldn't want herself seen that way.) It would've been both a logical and a fresh take on the "incarnation of lewd feelings" character.

I agree. I think if they suppressed her sex appeal, made more like she's hiding that side of herself, it would have been way more interesting. I've always seen the concept of a "Lewd Dream" as something most people want to suppress, and don't particularly enjoy, and it would have been more interesting than what they did.

15 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I agree. I think if they suppressed her sex appeal, made more like she's hiding that side of herself, it would have been way more interesting. I've always seen the concept of a "Lewd Dream" as something most people want to suppress, and don't particularly enjoy, and it would have been more interesting than what they did.

Good thoughts! I wouldn't mind seeing a fan redesign of Plumeria to represent all this, either. Obviously, it wouldn't be canon, but there's a lot you can do with this, design-wise.

• 1 month later...