Best Pairings for Theoretical FE4 3rd Gen? (spoilers, probably)

indigoasis

Theoretically, if there was a 3rd generation in Genealogy of the Holy War, what would be the best pairings among the 2nd generation cast for their kids in the 3rd generation? 

This is probably a difficult question to answer since we wouldn't know who the kids are or what classes they have, so we'll assume a the following things for the sake of clarity:

• Every mother will have at least two children, one child with the mother's class, and one child with the father's class.
    • There will be one child tied to each parent.
      • For example, if Seliph was paired with Larcei, he would have his child in the Lord class and her child in the Myrmidon class.
      • (This is essentially how pairing Chrom, M!Robin, F!Corrin, and Azura works in Awakening and Fates, where a child is tied to each parent instead of two children to one parent).
  • Growth Rate calculations are done the same as with the 1st generation pairings. (There are resources below that can help you with this.)
    • The calculation for reference: Main parent’s growths rates + (Secondary parent’s growths rates / 2) + Holy blood bonus
  • All holy blood that a parent has will pass onto their kids. Standard Holy Blood rules apply. (Long explanation of how it works incoming.)
    • Using Seliph and Larcei again (and assuming that Lex is Larcei's father), Seliph's kid would have Major Baldr Holy Blood, and Minor Od and Neir Holy Blood, while Larcei's kid would receive Minor Holy Blood of all three. (If Chulainn was Larcei's father, then Seliph's kid would have Major Baldr Holy Blood and Minor Od Holy Blood, while Larcei's kid would have Major Od Holy Blood and Minor Baldr Holy Blood). It's a little confusing, I know.
      • TL;DR - The child tied to their respective parent will receive Major Holy Blood, with all other Holy Blood being Minor.
    • If parents have the same type of Minor Holy Blood, both children will have that Major Holy Blood (which is what results when Ayra and Chulainn are paired, or Claud and Sylvia).
    • If I'm incorrect in how Holy Blood works, someone please correct me.
  • Substitute pairings are allowed!... if that's what you wanna do, of course.
  • If calculations aren't your thing, just go ahead and start shipping who you think would result in the strongest children.
  • You can do whatever pairing you want to do!
  • You don't have to pair up every single unit in the 2nd generation. If you only want to pair up a few characters, that's completely fine.
  • Most importantly, there is a resource below that can help you determine 1st generation pairings for 2nd generation units to help you calculate 3rd generation units, if you would like to use it. 
    • It can also be extremely helpful with planning pairings outside of this silly thread!

If you would like to do calculations, here are some helpful resources (doing calculations are not required nor recommended; I would like to respect your time if you have it):

Edited by indigoasis
Fixing a mistake

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

You can do whatever pairing you want to do!

• In Julia's case, she normally can't pair up with anyone (besides Seliph through a glitch/exploit), so this rule should hopefully open up more options for everyone, not just Julia.

I'm pretty sure she can pair up with others, it's just really slow. And she has to be next to guys to develop love growth at all.

Seliph..... That's a special case.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm pretty sure she can pair up with others, it's just really slow. And she has to be next to guys to develop love growth at all.

Oh, okay, thank you! I'll go ahead and change it then. (I could have sworn that she wasn't able to, but I guess I was wrong. Again, thank you for clarifying).

Larcei and Johan's kid would be even scarier than their father's pickup lines. (Assuming Larcei's father was Lex.)

First off, 90% defense growth if either child inherited Ullir's holy blood. 70% strongth and 65% speed also are absurd, and 75% skill is also quite good. HP growth would be almost 200%...Really, that unit would have almost no flaws. (Then again, given the way the growths would blow up further for a 4th generation, it's probably to be expected.) 35% luck isn't great, and neither magic nor res would be any good either, though.

Edited by Benice

Aless would be a super good dad he just has alot of great stuff to pass down 

The child of Levin as well as he will be able to pass down Forseti. As well as Adept and Crit and whatever the mom had

Pretty much any super kid with a bunch of holy blood and skills 3rd gen would be kinda silly ngl 

• 1 month later...

Pairing Holyn!Patty with Dew!Scathach (or vice versa) would be fun, if only to give us kids with ALL THE SWORD SKILLS.

Lewyn!Arthur would appreciate any lady with Pursuit, so that he could have a child with Pursuit, Forseti, and a horse.

Ares and Alec!Fee could make a child who flies, wields Mystletainn, and doesn't afraid of arrows.