Who should my cousin use?

James Marshall

My cousin wants a slightly harder then normal challenge, has decided to not use Cainghis and instead he will use either Makalov or Brom, but he knows I like Makalov and dislike Brom and doesn't trust me to give a opinion that's not biased. So who should my brother use

Brom is a level 13 Axe General. Level 15 Marshall. 60Hp, Str 29, Mag 9, Skill 28, Spd 26, Lck 30, Def 36, Res 10. Has 2 Herbs, 2 regular Silver Axes and 1 Forged Silver Axe that thanks to gaining The Benefit of The Goddess Card has Mt 22, Hit 90, Crit 20, WT 16 and RNG 1. His Weapon Ranks are SS with axes, B with swords, C with lances.

Makalov is a Level 21 Sword Paladin. Level 16 Gold Knight. 59Hp, Str 34, Mag 12, Skill 31, Spd 33, Lck 30, Def 30, Res 20. Has 1 3 use elixir. 2 silver swords, 1 Wo Doa and A Forged Silver Sword with Mt 17, Hit 115, Crit 15 and Wt 8. His Weapon Ranks SS with swords. B with axes and if needed I could use A Arms Scroll to raise his Axe Rank to A, which would let him use Broms Forged Silver Axe

I'd take Makalov, myself.

There are a lot of res-hitting enemies later on who could possibly double Brom, and Brom's offensive output won't hold a candle to Makalov's due to both class and stats-Makalov's stats are too comparable or higher in most things to really make Brom worthwhile here IMO. 29 Strength is also on the lower side of things.