Something real spooky

Pengaius

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have your attention sorry about all that but I really think that this year we need to do a bonewalker appreciation month for October for our favourite spooky Fe 2, 8 and 15 boi. Who's with me?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am here to crash your browser. Mwah hah hah hah hah...!

My browser actually crashed when loading this so gg i guess. 

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

"Wouldn't it be cool if Halloween were on Friday the 13th this year so it could be extra spooky?"

... dude what if all of October was Friday the 13th? 

47 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

That doesn't look like Margarine.

This thread is for spooks and frights not existential eldritch horror thanks. 

44 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Ooooo look it’s a spooky ghosttttt

Bruh theres no image attached. 

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

NEPGYAAAAAA!!!!!

1mLRXak.jpg

Imagine waking up and this stares at you... unblinking... unflinching...

...No, Margarine is still scarier.

Imagine something even pigs and rats refuse to eat. That horrifies me.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Isn't Margarine just a substitute for butter, though? XD

It's an inferior butter substitute. It was intended to be healthier but it's more filled with trans fats than Dashcon so it ended up being worse for you. Also it's frickin' vegetable oil with water in it, clearly a product of rationing and a period where people thought that plastics in a lab where inherently better than anything else.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Imagine something even pigs and rats refuse to eat. That horrifies me.

Soul, you are surrounded by something pigs and rats refuse to eat.

That's right.

Air.

You ever seen a pig chomping down on a big bucketful of air?

I thought not.

4 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Now that I have your attention sorry about all that but I really think that this year we need to do a bonewalker appreciation month for October for our favourite spooky Fe 2, 8 and 15 boi. Who's with me?

I like Mogalls more honestly. Probably my favorite monster enemy in Sacred Stones.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's an inferior butter substitute.

I think you mean

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

existential eldritch horror

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Soul, you are surrounded by something pigs and rats refuse to eat.

That's right.

Air.

You ever seen a pig chomping down on a big bucketful of air?

I thought not.

Bold of you to assume I'm not horrified by air
I've seen a redditor gasping for breath, how close is that?

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's an inferior butter substitute. It was intended to be healthier but it's more filled with trans fats than Dashcon so it ended up being worse for you. Also it's frickin' vegetable oil with water in it, clearly a product of rationing and a period where people thought that plastics in a lab where inherently better than anything else.

I see, I see! I had no idea it had this negative of a reputation/impact, to be honest.
Then again, I haven't eaten anything with butter or margarine in several years now.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9675444

Truly terrifying. xD

Indeed!
And then there's her line about possessing people... XD

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Bold of you to assume I'm not horrified by air

I've seen a redditor gasping for breath, how close is that?

Do you eat by gasping? Have you ever seen a redditor gasping tendies? Or does he chomp on them?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I see, I see! I had no idea it had this negative of a reputation/impact, to be honest.
Then again, I haven't eaten anything with butter or margarine in several years now.

I don't know how negative it's impact has been- people are more overweight now and margarine is really out of fashion as far as I can tell. It's just not an ingredient you would want to use in place of butter. I've heard butter flavored shortening is pretty good, though.

Not even cookies?

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Not even cookies?

Not even cookies. I've been staying away from milk products in recent years due to stomach issues mixed with a slight lactose intolerance.
Cheese is about the only milk-related thing I can still eat relatively safely, though I have to be careful not to eat too much of it.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Do you eat by gasping? Have you ever seen a redditor gasping tendies? Or does he chomp on them?

You assume I eat - it's October boi, I need to ensure as much space as possible for the 31st.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Not even cookies. I've been staying away from milk products in recent years due to stomach issues mixed with a slight lactose intolerance.
Cheese is about the only milk-related thing I can still eat relatively safely, though I have to be careful not to eat too much of it.

Darn shame, I heard butter makes cheese cheesier.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

You assume I eat - it's October boi, I need to ensure as much space as possible for the 31st.

Frick has it already been a year since last Halloween? Goodness.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

No, margarine is far more processed, it's main use is for baking, but when consumed by itself is severely lacking in creaminess and flavour compared to butter. 

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

This, the fats used start of as healthier unsaturated fats, however they pump them full of hydrogen, to create hydrogenated fats which are heavily misshapen and super not good for the body. 

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I like Mogalls more honestly. Probably my favorite monster enemy in Sacred Stones.

Any reason why, they never made a big impression on me, since they were all basically the same unlike skel which had good weapon variety. 

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's just not an ingredient you would want to use in place of butter. I've heard butter flavored shortening is pretty good, though.

Well, it's still fairly common in my neck of the Emerald Isle to see margarine. Flavourings are something you need to check on a case by case basis, since the ingredients arent always uniform. 

It's just not an ingredient you would want to use in place of butter. I've heard butter flavored shortening is pretty good, though.

Not sure about cheesier, but it does wonders for the creaminess of sliced cheese in toast

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ah yes, perhaps it was around the times radon was found in paint (terrible what happened to the women who worked in the factories). And, X-ray machines were used for casually figuring out shoe sizes. And the crude surgical insertion of "glands" taken from various castrated animals (goats, ducks, monkeys) was said to put a pep in your step.

All of the above said, I don't mind a little CoolWhip around the holidays. 

---

I'm going to post some vaguely scary music.:

Frick has it already been a year since last Halloween? Goodness.

Yes, the return of The Great Pumpkin and the hidden town of Mystcroft and consequently best girl Trouble are upon us!

Also THE PIE

THE PIE RETURNS

TREMBLE IN FEAR YE HUNGERED

3 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Any reason why, they never made a big impression on me, since they were all basically the same unlike skel which had good weapon variety.

Well, they were flying and used magic, which was a novel combination before Awakening. They didn't have variety within themselves but did compared to everything else.

3 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Well, it's still fairly common in my neck of the Emerald Isle to see margarine. Flavourings are something you need to check on a case by case basis, since the ingredients arent always uniform.

That's unfortunate to hear, I'm sorry. I guess you can't expect too much culinary finesse from the isles though, no offense.

Now, where I'm from, we drown our food in butter.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah yes, perhaps it was around the times radon was found in paint (terrible what happened to the women who worked in the factories). And, X-ray machines were used for casually figuring out shoe sizes. And the crude surgical insertion of "glands" taken from various castrated animals (goats, ducks, monkeys) was said to put a pep in your step.

The Atomic Age was wild, man.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yes, the return of The Great Pumpkin and the hidden town of Mystcroft and consequently best girl Trouble are upon us!

I can already imagine the story contest entry you'll make.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also THE PIE

THE PIE RETURNS

TREMBLE IN FEAR YE HUNGERED

Oh heck, sweet potato pies, I forgot. Gotta make sure I have ingredients for that. Personally though I've been playing Star Force 3 so I'm more in the mood for ginger beef.