Cipher in Nintendo Dream and Dengeki Nintendo

AllStarKnight

In celebration of Cipher's final set release, I wanted to share with everyone my scans from the recent Nintendo Dream and Dengeki Nintendo magazines I received. I wish I had been getting some of these magazines all along, because even if importing them is a bit of a hassle, I'm such a nerd that seeing all of the stuff I love (from Fire Emblem to Pokemon to Undertale) in physical magazines is just too perfect. All the better that Claude is one of my favorites, and these both came packaged with Cipher cards!

I didn't scan everything Cipher-related, but the pages I'm leaving out are mostly reveals that we had already seen for a while. I figured it'd be better to just share what I found to be the highlights! I'm a bit of an amateur at scanning and also I had to size the images down, but it still seems like everything turned out well.

First, the Nintendo Dream magazine not only included the Senri Kita Claude promo card, but also this gorgeous full page of the art both finished and as a work-in-progress. It's part of a collection of several wonderful pages worth of interviewing Claude's Japanese voice actor, which I really wish I could translate. Anyway, turning to this page felt like opening a Cipher artbook:

nintendodream01.thumb.jpg.0e50681ee1317dfda8a6d78b906c7e06.jpg

It also has a page featuring a fully built Edelgard deck, which came as quite a surprise! I've seen official built decks from cards within the booster boxes, but I didn't know magazines built them. If anyone can't read the numbers and wants to know the quantities, let me know and I'll happily transcribe it! I love this deck for having a balance between the three house leaders, and I definitely plan to try it out on Lackey sometime:

nintendodream02.thumb.jpg.36f99e74bb0e33e28773fa32c7d5395a.jpg

Then, Dengeki Nintendo has an entire 4 page comic dedicated to Cipher, featuring the first 4 Cipher OCs as well as Poe and Faye. We also got a tiny panel of Chrom and Robin (m) at the start, which I found both cute and a little funny, since I'd been hoping for them to share something in Cipher together and at least here they kind of did:

dengekicomic1.jpg.41ae5387c50441dfe63df97a669ab5fa.jpg

dengekicomic2.jpg.73a680ee3ebf9d4a29414ae5d11d0de8.jpg

dengekicomic3.jpg.47562a460c4ceb6bdacb1593e9154420.jpg

dengekicomic4.thumb.jpg.d1f054a607e6fe90a7b13785ab595a49.jpg

That's about it for Cipher-specific pages, but as a bonus, here are two more sections from the Nintendo Dream. I scanned the first because a Fire Emblem fanart section in a magazine is just too cool (plus the one of Yuri and Claude together is a fun choice), and the second because Claude's voice actor clearly has so much passion for his role and I loved seeing this part with his signature (like on his B18 SR+):

nintendodream03.thumb.jpg.02f00fdf72e287c9f0d47ca2abffc445.jpg

nintendodream04.thumb.jpg.a8e656ae9756fb4e2aaa08d46635081a.jpg

Whoa thanks for sharing those! I didn't know there was so much pages dedicated to Cipher!

The Claude really is beautiful, amazing art they've made, representing one of my favorite cutscenes really!

I guess I'm also gonna try the Edelgard deck, I'm back to the game since not a long time, and it looks pretty cool play with it, I just checked new Claude's and Dimitri's skills and they both looks pretty good to play!

I would love to be abble to translate the comic, but I don't have any japanese skills, it looks to be very funny and I want to know what's happening with Faye! xD

2 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

Whoa thanks for sharing those! I didn't know there was so much pages dedicated to Cipher!

The Claude really is beautiful, amazing art they've made, representing one of my favorite cutscenes really!

I guess I'm also gonna try the Edelgard deck, I'm back to the game since not a long time, and it looks pretty cool play with it, I just checked new Claude's and Dimitri's skills and they both looks pretty good to play!

I would love to be abble to translate the comic, but I don't have any japanese skills, it looks to be very funny and I want to know what's happening with Faye! xD

I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I know, it was a wonderful surprise to see this much! Makes me so happy to see it celebrated to this extent. And yes, I do wish I knew enough Japanese to translate, both for the Claude interview and the Cipher comic. Maybe years later I'll be fluent enough to try, but for now I'll just be content to appreciate how everything looks, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I had more disposable income, I really enjoyed importing these too. I still have my old collection just for fun. Thanks so much for sharing! Brings back a lot of fun memories.

4 hours ago, Kirie said:

Back when I had more disposable income, I really enjoyed importing these too. I still have my old collection just for fun. Thanks so much for sharing! Brings back a lot of fun memories.

Yeah, they're really awesome! They deliver so much more than just game news with all the special features and art/comic sections. I know I'll enjoy looking back at them over the years as well. Definitely too good not to share, and the fact that doing so brought back those fun memories for you makes me really happy that I did 😄