FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

Two Fire Emblem characters enter, and one leaves the duel a victor.

For this thread, I will be suggesting two Fire Emblem characters/teams to duel, and invite any readers to discuss and response.

Readers, feel free to continue this thread by posting dream duels, just bear in mind the following:

1. The duelers should be a roughly on an equal combat skill level (i.e. no "Mist (from Path of Radiance) vs Ganon (from Fates)"

2. At least one of the participants must be from a Fire Emblem Series.

3. Disagreements allowed, but please be civil.

4. You may write a short narrative of the duel, but it must have a winner.

5G4u7da.png

Thus without further ado let us discuss the following match-ups:

A) Mia (POR/RD) vs Hana (Fates)

B)  Conrad (Echoes) vs Ferdinand (Three Houses)

And the main event:

C) Chrom (Awakening) vs Sigurd (Genealogy) 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat little topic. 

Mia vs Hana

Easily a victory for Mia. She's a member of the Greil mercenaries who are generally treated as a very strong group. Unlike the Greil mercenaries team Sakura seems rather low on the Hoshidan totem pole. Mia is a good deal older than Hana too who's just a kid. 

Conrad vs Ferdinand: I'm betting my money on Conrad. There's nothing suggesting Ferdinand is an amazing warrior while the masked knight gets a little bit of reverence in the Echoes story. Ferdinand might also have grown up a little spoiled compared to the Rigelian upbringing of Conrad

Chrom vs Sigurd

Probably Sigurd. I think he's among the strongest FE lords out there. Chrom might be more of a Hector than a Marth but I never considered him very powerful in the grand scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Conrad vs Ferdinand: I'm betting my money on Conrad. There's nothing suggesting Ferdinand is an amazing warrior while the masked knight gets a little bit of reverence in the Echoes story. Ferdinand might also have grown up a little spoiled compared to the Rigelian upbringing of Conrad

Doesn't Ferdinand put up a good fight against Edelgard? 

This looks like fun!

Mia VS. Hana - I'd say Mia would win here. @Etrurian emperor put it the best, I think.

Conrad VS. Ferdinand - Maybe Conrad. Ferdinand is just a student, so he's still got a ways to go before he's on par. Now, if it were time-skip Ferdinand, it'd be more of a fair match-up, in which case I'd maybe go Ferdinand since he's got a Minor Crest of Cichol.

Chrom VS. Sigurd - Easily Sigurd. They're both very powerful in their own right, but Sigurd has Major Baldr Holy Blood, and if I recall correctly, it's said somewhere (I don't remember where) that those with Major Holy Blood equipped with their respective Divine Weapon are essentially one-man-armies, not to mention how crazy strong Sigurd is as a unit in-game.

Lets put some new ones up here

A: King Ashnard vs the Black Knight

Both are of the ''true warrior'' mentality and Ashnard is on record as saying he would really like to test himself against the Black Knight

B: Julius vs Leon

Two princes. Two boys possessed by Satan. Only one winner

C : Ashe vs Caspar

Both boys fight for justice but in different ways. So who's justice will win out in a clash?

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I would say the BK because he crits more often. 

Lore-wise, BK has done more fieldwork than Ashnard, and thus more experienced in dueling.

B: Julius vs Lyon

Would say Julius, because you basically need the help of the princes Seliph and Ares to combine forces to defear him, while Lyon is defeated by Ephraim.

Lore-wise, Julius embrace his possession from the start while Lyon could resist a bit.

CAshe vs Caspar

In a straight-up fight, Caspar would win as he has more experience dueling in his youth.

If  it was a smart fight, Ashe may pull out a victory vy using his surroundings and knowledge as a thief.

A: I think its safe to say the Black Knight wins this one. In Radiant Dawn Ike is name dropped as the one who personally defeated Ashnard while in the same game its also revealed that Ike wasn't able to truly fight the Black Knight at that point yet. 

B: I'd say Julius wins. Maybe its because he's so generic but I don't view the Demon King as a very threatening antagonist. Lyon and the King are also somewhat wrestling over the same body while Loptyr has corrupted Julius completely with no hope for recovery. 

C : Probably Caspar. I don't think Ashe is all that powerful. He's more squire then knight and his previous life likely involved little training. Caspar on the other hand is fighting all the time. Caspar is probably physically stronger than Ashe and was strong enough to impress the Death Knight. 

-Given the way Fates is written I think we're supposed to see the Royals(except the little sisters) as the strongest soldiers on their particular side. So Camilla is likely about the strongest thing Nohr can bring to the table. Meanwhile Dean is just a Tracian, maybe a powerful one but not their finest warrior. 

-Alm is very powerful but unlike Ike I don't think he's supposed to be the strongest human in his particular world. But Ike really is the strongest Beorc on Tellius, probably be a very strong margin too. Alm would put up a good fight but Ike would end up beating him.

-Hartmut is kind of a nobody so just based on that Altina is getting the victory. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

-Given the way Fates is written I think we're supposed to see the Royals(except the little sisters) as the strongest soldiers on their particular side. So Camilla is likely about the strongest thing Nohr can bring to the table. Meanwhile Dean is just a Tracian, maybe a powerful one but not their finest warrior. 

-Alm is very powerful but unlike Ike I don't think he's supposed to be the strongest human in his particular world. But Ike really is the strongest Beorc on Tellius, probably be a very strong margin too. Alm would put up a good fight but Ike would end up beating him.

-Hartmut is kind of a nobody so just based on that Altina is getting the victory. 

Agree. Camilla would rip Dean apart.

Ike is considered one of the strongest Lords ever in FE, so Alm has little chance.

Altina has survived and thrived during war between gods, so she has an advantage there. Hartmut is not match for her.

Let's make things more interesting by including certain scenarios.

A) Charlotte (Fates) vs Hilda (Three Houses)

The Nohr knights are having drinks at a local tavern, when Charlotte spots visiting nobles from the Leicester Alliance. Thinking Claude is rich, Charlotte starts flirting with Claude. This makes the accompanying Hilda uncomfortable, and she puts her hand on Charlotte to pull her aside.

The two ladies start brawling. Who wins?

B) Lyn (Blazing Blade) vs Lucina (Awakening)

Lucina wakes to find herself in the middle of the Sacean Plains. As she is heavily a patrolling Lyn mistakes her for a bandit. The two are engaged in combat. Who wins?

C) Micaiah (Radiant Dawn) vs Celica (Echoes)

At night, Micaiah wanders into a forest alone to ponder about her future. She bumps into a praying Celica. Sensing remnants of possession in Celica, Micaiah attempts to exorcise Celica via light magic. Celica dodges the blow. The two start firing spells at each other. Who wins?

A: I have a feeling that evening ends with Charlotte still flirting with Claude while Hilda is stuffed bound and gagged in a nearby closet. Charlotte is older, bigger and has implied super strength that Hilda doesn't have. Hilda is supposed to be stronger and more competent then she lets on but all those days skipping training likely has some effect. 

B: I picture this one as a draw. Both ladies come across as very competent but not all powerful. They'll likely be very impressed with each other.

C : Micaiah loses by virtue of being Micaiah. I don't believe she's supposed to be powerful at all. Michaiah is always depicted as kinda helpless, constantly collapsing or fainting, getting captured and otherwise relying on protection from the boys. Celica might be a bit of a dummy but there's nothing to suggest she's not competent as a fighter. 

Ok, next fight!

A: Brom (RD) vs Effie (Fates)
While travelling, Effie tramples across Brom's farm to look for food. Brom, thinking Effie is a bandit draws his weapons to duel her. Who wins?

B: Frederick (Awakening) vs Clive (Echoes)
In an annual jousting tournament, many cavaliers find themselves in duels with each other. Both Frederick's and Clive's names were called. Who wins?

C : Rowan and Lianna (Warriors) vs Alfonse and Sharena (Heroes)
The nobles are visiting each other and agree to a friendly duel. Which family wins?

A: Brom deserves the win but Effie would take it. I'm not sure Brom is really supposed to be very strong. He's not a real soldier after all. Effie on the other hand has it as a gimmick that she's really powerful. 

B: One of them is Clive and thus loses by default due to being worthless. 

C : I think Alfonse and Sharena have this in the bag. The two are depicted as very competent while the point about the Lemon twins is that they are just kids. Also I think beating a tsundere loli, an Alolan Ganon, the grim Reaper and a yandere fairy gives you more experience then a duo who barely has any villains to fight at all.

A: dunno much about Brom, but I’d probably guess Effie.

B: Gameplay wise probably Frederick- Clive’s not bad but he’s definitely outclassed. Story wise Clive is a legendary knight, while Frederick is... idk actually. I’ll say Clive for this one.

C : The warriors twins have the advantage of being from a warriors game, but I’ll take that as the enemies of their world being insanely weak rather than them being insanely strong. So in that case I’d give the win to Alfonse and Sharena.

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Ok, next fight!

B: Frederick (Awakening) vs Clive (Echoes)
In an annual jousting tournament, many cavaliers find themselves in duels with each other. Both Frederick's and Clive's names were called. Who wins?

It's Clive vs Frederick, it's not a question of "Does Clive lose" it's "When Frederick unintentionally kills Clive, is there enough of him left that he can still be buried?".

49 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I wonder who got captured more and relied protection from the boys. 

Well, that would be Micaiah. Both Sothe and the Black Knight operate under the assumption she needs a lot of protection. While team Celica travels with her to keep her safe they don't seem to think they need to constantly babysit Celica. Celica gets in her fair share of trouble but its generally ambushes, rockslides and her being a dummy. But unlike Micaiah its never really suggested that Celica can't defend herself well enough under normal circumstances. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I haven't finished every FE so I probably won't say too much about some match ups, that said:

A: I haven't played the tellius games, but since I haven't heard anything about Brom from the FE fan base, and Effie is absurdly strong, I guess the latter would take it.

B: Frederick. Clive is... somewhat stronger than the average, sure, but Frederick is basically the very definition of peak human condition, so...

C is complicated, Alphonse and Sharena have more experience, but the twins shoot light beams and their dragon might be stronger than the heroes bosses... I guess I'll give it to the Alphonse and Sharena...

As for the ones I've missed:

Spoiler

Round 1:

·Conrad could defeat Ferdinand pre-timeskip, but I think his post-timeskip version would be stronger, he is older, has been fighting a war for 5 years and has a crest.

·Haven't played FE4 but from what I've seen about it Sigurd takes it. Chrom is really strong and his brand is probably similar to holy blood, but he never becomes that much of a beast, Priam and Walhart seem stronger than him too.

Round 2:

·As long as it is a duel, Caspar would win every time imo, I don't see Ashe keeping up with him without advantageous terrain and planification.

Round 3:

·Don't really know Dean, but Camilla has royal blood, magic and an undead wyvern, so I say she wins.

·Ike, Alm is certainly strong, but the only way I can see him being at Ike's level is with his overclass, and I don't know if I should consider it canon.

Round 4:

·Close one but I'll say Hilda, Effie might be stronger, but Hilda has a crest and a relic.

·Lucina with some difficulties, getting close might be hard because Lyn has bows Lucina has them too though  , but like her father she is also kinda unnaturally strong, so I could see Lyn getting overwhelmed.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:09 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Lets put some new ones up here

Both are of the ''true warrior'' mentality and Ashnard is on record as saying he would really like to test himself against the Black Knight

If the Black Knight's armor blessing is active, rendering Gurgurant ineffective, then BK wins. Otherwise Ashnard wins, since he can attack and then Canto out of range.

B: Julius vs Leon

Two princes. Two boys possessed by Satan. Only one winner

Lyon will have a moment of weakness -or strength, depending on how you look at it - in which he resists his possession. Julius will take advantage of that to kill him.

C : Ashe vs Caspar

Both boys fight for justice but in different ways. So who's justice will win out in a clash?

Caspar, so long as he takes Linhardt's advice to "hit them first, then keep hitting them, so they don't have a chance to attack back".

22 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Let's make things more interesting by including certain scenarios.

A) Charlotte (Fates) vs Hilda (Three Houses)

The Nohr knights are having drinks at a local tavern, when Charlotte spots visiting nobles from the Leicester Alliance. Thinking Claude is rich, Charlotte starts flirting with Claude. This makes the accompanying Hilda uncomfortable, and she puts her hand on Charlotte to pull her aside.

The two ladies start brawling. Who wins?

This one is tough - Charlotte has a personal skill that would come in to play, but Hilda has the powerful Freikugel at her side. I'll give Hilda a slight edge, given her Crest.

B) Lyn (Blazing Blade) vs Lucina (Awakening)

Lucina wakes to find herself in the middle of the Sacean Plains. As she is heavily a patrolling Lyn mistakes her for a bandit. The two are engaged in combat. Who wins?

Lyn does have the home field advantage, and the high-crit Mani Katti blade. But Parallel Falchion is even stronger, and Lucina has the Aether skill. Winner - Lucina!

C) Micaiah (Radiant Dawn) vs Celica (Echoes)

At night, Micaiah wanders into a forest alone to ponder about her future. She bumps into a praying Celica. Sensing remnants of possession in Celica, Micaiah attempts to exorcise Celica via light magic. Celica dodges the blow. The two start firing spells at each other. Who wins?

Sounds like a very un-Micaiah thing to do, but... if Celica has a sword, then she wins, by virtue of Micaiah's paltry defense. But if it's just spells, Micaiah wins, due to her higher Resistance. 

Here's one, on the opposite end of the spectrum: Mozu has crossed the world, looking for her departed mother's beloved cooking pot. She finds it - on Donnel's head. Convinced of his involvement in the Faceless attack on her village, she attacks! Donnel, sworn to defend his home, fights back in kind. Who wins?

Ok, next duels:

Marcia (RD) vs Est (Echoes)
While on a trip to Begnion, Est is mistaken as Marcia, and gets local privileges (like free lodging etc). Marcia hears reports and angrily confronts Est, accusing her of impersonating a Holy Guard. They duel. Who wins?

Ryoma (Fates) vs Catherine (Three Houses)
Ryoma hears rumours of a talented swordsmen in Fodlan. He sends a challenge to Catherine to a duel to take place in front of a small audience in Hoshido. Who wins?

On 10/4/2020 at 1:17 AM, defensedefumer said:

Two Fire Emblem characters enter, and one leaves the duel a victor.

For this thread, I will be suggesting two Fire Emblem characters/teams to duel, and invite any readers to discuss and response.

Readers, feel free to continue this thread by posting dream duels, just bear in mind the following:

1. The duelers should be a roughly on an equal combat skill level (i.e. no "Mist (from Path of Radiance) vs Ganon (from Fates)"

Whoa whoa whoa. Did Fates have some kind of Zelda integration I know nothing about!

16 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Ryoma (Fates) vs Catherine (Three Houses)

Ryoma. From what I´ve seen Hoshido Samurais/Swordmasters outclass TH Swordmasters at just about everything. Additionally he has a legendary Sword that allows attacks from afar whereas Catherine has “just” a legendary brave sword. 

On 10/6/2020 at 3:25 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Here's one, on the opposite end of the spectrum: Mozu has crossed the world, looking for her departed mother's beloved cooking pot. She finds it - on Donnel's head. Convinced of his involvement in the Faceless attack on her village, she attacks! Donnel, sworn to defend his home, fights back in kind. Who wins?

There would be no fight. Mozu being the little scaredy cat she is would be like “E-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-excuse m-m-m-m-m-m-m-me, b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but …” and upon hearing her tale Donnel would decide to just hand over her dead mothers’ pot. They would then start talking about agriculture.

I have one:

Ingrid and Kaze try to decide who is truly the fastest of them all.

Edited by Imuabicus

6 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Ryoma. From what I´ve seen Hoshido Samurais/Swordmasters outclass TH Swordmasters at just about everything. Additionally he has a legendary Sword that allows attacks from afar whereas Catherine has “just” a legendary brave sword. 

There would be no fight. Mozu being the little scaredy cat she is would be like “E-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-excuse m-m-m-m-m-m-m-me, b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but …” and upon hearing her tale Donnel would decide to just hand over her dead mothers’ pot. They would then start talking about agriculture.

I have one:

Ingrid and Kaze try to decide who is truly the fastest of them all.

Ingrid would win because she has a crest and a pegasus. Kaze might be hard to hit, but his damage output is low compared to Ingrid. She only has to hit him once.

Next duel: 
Volke (POR/RD) vs Kagero (Fates)
Two assassins have a contract to kidnap each other. Who wins?