FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

Next duel,

Ilyana (POR/RD) vs Mae (Echoes)

While travelling with a merchant caravan, Ilyana spots an unopened picnic box and proceeds to eat from it. Turns out, it belongs to Celica and her companions. Celica attempts to avoid conflict, but an angry Mae confronts Ilyana and fires a bolt at lightning, causing Ilyana to drop a sandwich from the box. Ilyana and Mae duel, who wins?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next duel,

Ilyana (POR/RD) vs Mae (Echoes)

While travelling with a merchant caravan, Ilyana spots an unopened picnic box and proceeds to eat from it. Turns out, it belongs to Celica and her companions. Celica attempts to avoid conflict, but an angry Mae confronts Ilyana and fires a bolt at lightning, causing Ilyana to drop a sandwich from the box. Ilyana and Mae duel, who wins?

Mae wins
1. Eating someone else bento is rude dude.. 2. Iirc Mae is considered a talented mage both in background and as a unit (other than delthea ofc 🚓).  3. this duel would not even happen if ilyana just ask to give her food which im sure Celica would be more than willing to give it, so mae needs to win for argument sake

Next duel:

Leonardo and Edward (RD) vs Niles and Laslow (Fates)

Leonardo and Laslow are both at a tavern, flirting with girls there until they both flirted with the same girl at the same time. They agree to duel for her. Thinking that their partners in serious trouble (i.e. mistaking the fight for real), Edward and Niles join in. Who wins?

4 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Oguma vs. Dieck

Athos vs Gotoh

Oguma vs dieck: Tie.
unless someone has better weapon i dont know if any of them have real advantage against other. both are mercenary that have code of honor that promotes to hero

Athos win if he has access to Legendary weapon since Gotoh is a dragon

Ok here is something to think about:

Hoshido children vs Nohr children vs Blue lions vs Golden deer vs Black eagles (Intra house competition)

House Hoshido (consisting of Shiro, Shigure, Kirage, Hisame, Asugi, Mitama, Selkie, Rhajat, Caeldori and Midori) and House Nohr (Siegbert, Dwyer, Forrest, Ignatius, Sophie, Percy, Soleil, Nina and Velouria) have a school visit to Fodlan, and compete with the Three Houses in the following tournaments:

Swords

Lances

Axes

Bows

Tomes

and Finally, and five-way tactical battle (last man standing)

Who would win each category, and overall? Discuss!

On 10/5/2020 at 7:38 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, that would be Micaiah. Both Sothe and the Black Knight operate under the assumption she needs a lot of protection. While team Celica travels with her to keep her safe they don't seem to think they need to constantly babysit Celica. Celica gets in her fair share of trouble but its generally ambushes, rockslides and her being a dummy. But unlike Micaiah its never really suggested that Celica can't defend herself well enough under normal circumstances. 

Do you consider Micaiah's ability to use sleep staves canon? If so, do you think Micaiah can put Celica to sleep? Of course a stats comparison doesn't work because they are different games/universes but I have a feeling Micaiah's magical prowess is greater than Celica's. The game implies that branded, at least heron and dragon have superior magic prowess which makes sense because herons are magical beings. 

Spoiler

Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.

Micaiah later on gets blessed by Yune and then gets her weapon blessed as well making her magical prowess far better than before. 

Spoiler

Yune:
“…And once we get inside, you can leave most of the fighting to Micaiah.”

(Micaiah promotes to Light Priestess)

Yune:
“Something like this should work.”

Bare in mind that Ashera's blessing split between many fighters improved their abilities significantly so Yune's personal blessing to Micaiah must be a lot more potent. 

Spoiler

Sigrun:
“No, I knew a few of them by face. Some of these soldiers were new recruits. I can’t imagine how they could have fought against us so fiercely.”

???:
“Simple. They were protected by Ashera.”

Yune:
“I sent a message to Micaiah about the impending attack, then returned here as fast as I could. Ashera freed the petrified soldiers who would pledge loyalty to her. By themselves, they weren’t a threat to skin puppets as strong as you, so she blessed their armor and weapons. Now they are worthy to be her true disciples, and their power will be stronger as we get closer to her. The battle will only get more difficult from here.”

34 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Micaiah and Edelgard vs Celica and Lyn

I'd like to say Celica and Lyn, but Edelgard and Micaih are both incredibly powerful. It would be close, and Celica's magic would certainly do a number on Edelgard, but I feel Miciah and Edelgard would barely edge a victory, mostly because Lyn is pretty squishy unless you put a lot of grinding into her, whereas Edel is a formidable foe when faced as an enemy, and Miciah is extremely powerful with magic when used properly.

Here's a new one for anybody else:

Empress Edelguard vs. Conqueror Walhart vs. Conqueror Alm

A three way battle between the sides of the same idea. One is presebted as the Villain, another Moral Grey, and one as Good. There's also the ibteresting fact that Edelgard, especially as the Emperor, seems to have stolen Walhart's look, so perhaps he could yse that as a mental attack.

Edited by Sir Gerwald of Vallora

6 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I'd like to say Celica and Lyn, but Edelgard and Micaih are both incredibly powerful. It would be close, and Celica's magic would certainly do a number on Edelgard, but I feel Miciah and Edelgard would barely edge a victory, mostly because Lyn is pretty squishy unless you put a lot of grinding into her, whereas Edel is a formidable foe when faced as an enemy, and Miciah is extremely powerful with magic when used properly.

Empress Edelguard vs. Conqueror Walhart vs. Conqueror All

A three way battle between the sides of the same idea. One is presebted as the Villain, another Moral Grey, and one as Good. There's also the ibteresting fact that Edelgard, especially as the Emperor, seems to have stolen Walhart's look, so perhaps he could yse that as a mental attack.

Who is All? 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

Alm has weapon triangle advantage over the other too. GG.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Do you consider Micaiah's ability to use sleep staves canon? If so, do you think Micaiah can put Celica to sleep? Of course a stats comparison doesn't work because they are different games/universes but I have a feeling Micaiah's magical prowess is greater than Celica's. The game implies that branded, at least heron and dragon have superior magic prowess which makes sense because herons are magical beings. 

Reveal hidden contents

Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.

Micaiah later on gets blessed by Yune and then gets her weapon blessed as well making her magical prowess far better than before. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yune:
“…And once we get inside, you can leave most of the fighting to Micaiah.”

(Micaiah promotes to Light Priestess)

Yune:
“Something like this should work.”

Bare in mind that Ashera's blessing split between many fighters improved their abilities significantly so Yune's personal blessing to Micaiah must be a lot more potent. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sigrun:
“No, I knew a few of them by face. Some of these soldiers were new recruits. I can’t imagine how they could have fought against us so fiercely.”

???:
“Simple. They were protected by Ashera.”

Yune:
“I sent a message to Micaiah about the impending attack, then returned here as fast as I could. Ashera freed the petrified soldiers who would pledge loyalty to her. By themselves, they weren’t a threat to skin puppets as strong as you, so she blessed their armor and weapons. Now they are worthy to be her true disciples, and their power will be stronger as we get closer to her. The battle will only get more difficult from here.”

Micaiah magic prowess maybe higher than celica but i doubt by a large margin. Celica is also "branded" and have unique personal magic. if you take into account everything like Micaiah get blessed and other stuff, celica could wield a shield too while carrying Sword and using magic without reclassing. why not having celica given a shield that can raise her Res+ ? Even if their stat cant be compared its still clear that Micaiah is kind of glass canon with low speed too while Celica have good growth in all stats. Unless Micaiah can OHKO her, Celica can win this

4 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

Walhart dont stand a chance against those two. But between Alm and Edelgard its a bit hard. both have a brand and crest. Edelgard hit very hard but Alm also have versatility. But like Jotari said Sword > Axe gives a big advantage

8 minutes ago, joevar said:

Walhart dont stand a chance against those two. But between Alm and Edelgard its a bit hard. both have a brand and crest. Edelgard hit very hard but Alm also have versatility. But like Jotari said Sword > Axe gives a big advantage

Although it's worth noting that neither of Alm's or Edelgard's games even have the weapon triangle

3 minutes ago, leetic said:

Although it's worth noting that neither of Alm's or Edelgard's games even have the weapon triangle

have been waiting for that comment actually. if weapon triangle out of the picture then its hard to choose. whats with one of them can strike from afar but the other have chance to heal while battling 🤔

10 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

Walhart > Alm > Edelgard.

People seem to be forgetting he has A ranks in Swords, Lances and Axes. He wields Sol and Wolfbeil and has Rightful King, Aegis and Pavise and you can´t deal effective damage to him and has more movement than these two. 

Alm probably wouldn´t use Swords, but instead just try to Killer Bow the two, which doesn´t work with Walhart since he has so much movement. Meanwhile Edelgard is stuck in a 5 movement class, with an Armor weakness.

Walmart Vs Alm Vs Edelgard? Sounds like a toss up to me. If it is 1 Vs 1 Vs 1, then I'd say Walhart (Conquest, Aegis, Pavise, and Rightful King + Wolf Biel).

If it's Empire Vs Empire Vs Empire, then I would say Alm (Basically the same as Walhart's Empire while it is also Riding High off of Mila's and Duma's Blessings).

If we also Include those Empire's Allies, then Edelgard (N/A Vs Jesse's Kingdom Vs TWSITD, Demonic Beasts, and Brigid).

So, going for the Wyverns, who wins out of Ashnard, Travant, and Claude?

Edited by L3xandr3
Forgot to add the next Duel

10 hours ago, leetic said:

Uh...eh...mutter mutter breaker skills. OH look. It's Hunter's Volley!

4 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Walmart Vs Alm Vs Edelgard? Sounds like a toss up to me. If it is 1 Vs 1 Vs 1, then I'd say Walhart (Conquest, Aegis, Pavise, and Rightful King + Wolf Biel).

If it's Empire Vs Empire Vs Empire, then I would say Alm (Basically the same as Walhart's Empire while it is also Riding High off of Mila's and Duma's Blessings).

If we also Include those Empire's Allies, then Edelgard (N/A Vs Jesse's Kingdom Vs TWSITD, Demonic Beasts, and Brigid).

So, going for the Wyverns, who wins out of Ashnard, Travant, and Claude?

Have you heard of flying effectiveness!? Claude wins hands down.

Okay now I'm not getting tripped up again, Ashnard doesn't have flier weakness, does he? Actually that's not something that can be tested in game since there's no bow weapons that can damage him. There's no canon reason he shouldn't have flier weakness. Maybe in the coding he doesn't because they knew they didn't have to bother. Of course this just raises the question about Ashnard's armour and wether Claude and Travant's holy weapons can damage him. Even with all that, I reckon Claude's massively enhanced range compared to them would give him the edge.

5 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Walhart > Alm > Edelgard.

People seem to be forgetting he has A ranks in Swords, Lances and Axes. He wields Sol and Wolfbeil and has Rightful King, Aegis and Pavise and you can´t deal effective damage to him and has more movement than these two. 

Alm probably wouldn´t use Swords, but instead just try to Killer Bow the two, which doesn´t work with Walhart since he has so much movement. Meanwhile Edelgard is stuck in a 5 movement class, with an Armor weakness.

Whalhart's extra movement doesn't help him that much. It basically just means he gets control of the first attack. And even then, Alm only lags behind in movement by three points which he can make up for with four range bows. Whalhart even lacks canto as a utility to add to his high movement. At best it would allow him to run away from Edelgard to heal, but Alm could chase him down and turn him into a pincushion.

Edited by Jotari

59 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Whalhart's extra movement doesn't help him that much. It basically just means he gets control of the first attack. And even then, Alm only lags behind in movement by three points which he can make up for with four range bows. Whalhart even lacks canto as a utility to add to his high movement. At best it would allow him to run away from Edelgard to heal, but Alm could chase him down and turn him into a pincushion.

> Alm takes Walharts first attack.

> Alm uses Hunters Volley

> His HP is too low

> Alm fucking dies

Actually, I am not convinced that Alm and Edelgard can even inflict damage on Walhart – Walharts stats are as big as his character model.Plus his ~50% chance to proc Aegis/Pavise.

5 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

I thought that the lands during SOV were pretty damn barren what with the gods blessings having ceased to really work? And Edelgards Empire just had 5 years of war, and is now in the middle of snuffing out the pale buddies?

I have one: Rhea and Medeus decide to see who is the worse boss.

10 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

> His HP is too low

> Alm fucking dies

Actually, I am not convinced that Alm and Edelgard can even inflict damage on Walhart – Walharts stats are as big as his character model.Plus his ~50% chance to proc Aegis/Pavise.

I thought that the lands during SOV were pretty damn barren what with the gods blessings having ceased to really work? And Edelgards Empire just had 5 years of war, and is now in the middle of snuffing out the pale buddies?

I have one: Rhea and Medeus decide to see who is the worse boss.

What do you mean his HP is too low? Hunter's Volley doesn't use up Alm's HP. If we're talking stats then one to one comparison isn't useful since stat inflation between games is a thing (though I'm working on a way to calculate around that).

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What do you mean his HP is too low? Hunter's Volley doesn't use up Alm's HP.

Like every Combat Art, that isn´t Subdue, Shove, Swap and Plenitude Hunters Volley requires you to pay some HP. For the price of 8 HP you too shall double an enemy!

33 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

> His HP is too low

> Alm fucking dies

pretty sure if theres cavalry and bow user attack at the same time, it will be bow attack first then cavalry

oh cmon, you cant simply compare stat with skill against games without them. not to mention SoV have vastly different kind of stat growth even then Alm maxed stat can easily match walhart.
lets say we scratch that maxed sov stat, just take Alm from Awakening spotpass, Alm can still win despite only lvl 20 versus already lvl 30 walhart (recruited stat) theres Sol, zeal or even agressor too in another version of alm

37 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

no, thats just northern part of Valentia thats barren and thats not even because Duma didnt give blessing, because i dont remember his blessing is fertile lands related, while the southern  which is Mila domains have too much surplus. since Alm unite those two half, you can say it achieve balance and becomes stronger than ever.

8 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Like every Combat Art, that isn´t Subdue, Shove, Swap and Plenitude Hunters Volley requires you to pay some HP. For the price of 8 HP you too shall double an enemy!

OH wow. You're right. I'm just not on a roll today when it comes to detail. Guess my head is too stuck in Three Houses where the HP requirement has been nixed for combat arts (though my mind was still telling me it was necessary for magic). Still I doubt Alm wouldn't be able to tank a single hit even after using hunter's volley.