FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Hooo... I thought Sigurd would have it, but not that easy!

Mage fight! Linde Vs Nyx.

I'm tempted to give it to (FE11) Linde, just because of how strong her Aura tome is. Her Magic starts low, but it gets better with training. Still, her Resistance is quite a bit worse than Nyx's (although she can go Bishop to patch this up). Nyx has better stats, but she's in a game where everyone has higher stats. And any high-Mt tome is gonna nerf her in another area, with how Fates' weapon system works. Still, if Countercurse is active, she can just pick up a Nosferatu and let Linde basically kill herself.

Linde is skills aren't considered, Nyx if they are.

Aside from her Skill which took a hit, Linde generally has better stats in Shadow Dragon than New Mystery. So I'll use her stats for that. Regarding Nyx's class, well she could probably destroy Linde by becoming a Dark Knight and just stabbing her with a sword. Linde's defense is pretty terrible. And while Nyx's strength isn't much to write home about either, a strong weapon could patch that up. But this is obviously meant to be a mage battle. So let's make Nyx a Sorcerer. And let's give her the ridiculously named Ginnungagap.

Magical Aura   18           90     1
Linde 44 0 27 26 29 40 5 32 72 63.5 33 3
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con
Nyx (Sorcerer) 37 0 41 15 27 8 10 15 34 44.5 11.5 NA
Magical Ginnungagap   15           65      

Ginnungagap halves magic after use, but Aura is still straight better so let's ignore that draw back.

Linde has a hit rate of 100% and a crit rate of 25%

Nyx has a hit rate of what? 35.50% and a crit of 0%. Oh wow. Eh, yeah, Nyx's luck is suuuupper low and Linde's is super high. I'm willing to write this one off as a foregone conclusion. Nyx would be lucky to hit Linde once. This is one of the luckiest character in one game versus one of the unluckiest characters in a different game. I don't skills will even help despite them bieng mostly hit based. Heart Seeker can give her +20 hit on Nyx's phase by getting into 1 range, but Linde can just walk to two range on her phase to avoid that. Counter Curse will sent damage back to Linde, but Nyx is still to need two hits to kill Linde, and Linde likewise only needs to hits to kill Nyx, so useful as that is, it's actually not making a difference. Actually wait, it would make a difference with Malefic aura factored in. Linde deals 30 damage to Nyx per attack and receives 15 damage. If Nyx can manage to hit she deals24 damage+2 from malific aura. SO yeah we're looking at 15+24+2=41, so Nyx needs to pull off two hits to win with shakey hit while Linde needs to pull off two without a shaky hit and with a crit rate.

EDIT: Apparently Sorcerer's get +5% hit,  +10 crit and +5 dodge. The crit and dodge rate are irrelevant since Linde has more than 100% accuracy and Nyx has less than -10% crit. The +5% hit will help her a little, but 40 hit isn't massively better than 35.

Edited by Jotari

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Nyx has a hit rate of what? 35.50% and a crit of 0%. Oh wow. Eh, yeah, Nyx's luck is suuuupper low and Linde's is super high. I'm willing to right this one off as a foregone conclusion.

Once again, the most important stat in the game strikes again. Sorry, Nyx, but your Luck has just run out.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Once again, the most important stat in the game strikes again. Sorry, Nyx, but your Luck has just run out.

Hit uses 1.5 times in Fates rather than 2 times as in my formula. Which in one way means luck is less important a stat, but in another way it means everyone is what less accurate. I guess fates depends on all those pair up and support bonuses to sure up hit.

8 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next fight:

Oboro (Fates) vs Lukas (Echoes)

As the Hoshido delegate enters Valentia, Lukas loudly wonders why Prince Takumi has a woman as a bodyguard. Oboro takes offence challenges Lukas to a duel. He accepts. Who wins?

qgBr0jl.jpg

Hit uses 1.5 times in Fates rather than 2 times as in my formula. Which in one way means luck is less important a stat, but in another way it means everyone is what less accurate. I guess fates depends on all those pair up and support bonuses to sure up hitI'll give people some time to express thoughts and opinions on this before running a simulation. I don't really want to dominate this thread with my own project.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't really want to dominate this thread with my own project.

why not? at least your math bring more closure than, say, bringing canon and headcanon thing into argument when someone says those cant be included, then the others proceed with one anyways to shows "their" character can win no matter what because they know that character most. even the minute details that i doubt original writers even thought of

19 minutes ago, joevar said:

why not? at least your math bring more closure than, say, bringing canon and headcanon thing into argument when someone says those cant be included, then the others proceed with one anyways to shows "their" character can win no matter what because they know that character most. even the minute details that i doubt original writers even thought of

Well because it's not fun conversation if it's literally just one user posting a suggestion and me posting a response with nothing else in between. More people with more perspectives and more estimations before a simulated battle to provide something similar to an objective result is better.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, defensedefumer said:

As the Hoshido delegate enters Valentia, Lukas loudly wonders why Prince Takumi has a woman as a bodyguard. Oboro takes offence challenges Lukas to a duel. He accepts. Who wins?

That seems... uncharacteristic of Lukas. He fights alongside Mathilda and Clair, after all. Anyway, Lukas has very good defense for his game. Whereas Oboro's strength, while good, isn't quite as standout. Still, Seal Defense and Lancefaire might let her win it. So I'm favoring Lukas without skills, and Oboro with skills.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:57 AM, defensedefumer said:

Next fight:

qgBr0jl.jpg

Okay. I DECLARE IT TIME FOR THE JUDGEMENT OF MATHEMATICS

Physical Silver Lance 13             75     9
Lukas 52 23 18 25 13 16 31 6 58 27.5 20.5 0
Oboro (Spear Fighter) 48 29 6 26 26 21 24 12 62.5 49.5 23.5 NA
Physical Silver Lance 13             75     9

So I've decided to go with the generic Silver Lance for both units. Usually I'd try to avoid this for Shadows of Valentia characters as they receive much higher weight penalties than are designed for their own game, but let's face it, he's not going to be doubling Oboro anyway. Also Oboro is a Spear Fighter. She could just go Basara and nuke him with magic if she wanted.

Oboro 100% hit    8%crit

Lukas 83.5% hit    0%crit

ROUND 1

Oboro (Spear Fighter) struck dealing 11 damage!

Lukas counter attacks dealing 12 damage!

Oboro (Spear Fighter) attacks again dealing 11 damage!

Oboro (Spear Fighter) HP = 36

Lukas HP = 30

ROUND 2

Lukas missed!

Oboro (Spear Fighter) counter attacks dealing 11 damage!

Oboro (Spear Fighter) attacks again dealing 11 damage!

Lukas HP = 8

ROUND 3

Oboro (Spear Fighter) struck dealing 11 damage!

Lukas is dead.

So that was a pretty handy win for Oboro. Her ability to double coupled with a strength high enough to match. In terms of skills Oboro would have a better job dealing damage thanks to Lance Faire and Seal Defense, but Luckas will have Phalanx which can negate all damage 15% of the time. Not much of a boon, but if he gets really lucky with it he could manage a win.

Forgive the double post. But I want to suggest a fight and someone will probably suggest a different one in between.

Julia (Genealogy of the Holy War) | Fire Emblem Wiki | FandomTips On Beating Ashera | Fire Emblem Amino

Julia, the most powerful playable character in the series, versus Ashera, the final boss of Radiant Dawn.. Julia can solo the final boss of her own game, can she do so to one of another?. Let's see how they face off. Julia will of course be using her Naga Tome. However she also gets he circlet which grants her renewal and (Genealogy)miracle. Ashera will act as she does in game, running through her list of Judgements on her own phase while using the same weapon to counter attack on Julia's face. Ashera will not have her auras with her as those are separate units in her game. Renewal in Genealogy restores between 5-10HP, so I could average that at 7/8 or actually get a randomizer, or just give Julia the full 10 to give her the best chance. Ashera also gets some renewal in the form of Mantle which restores her luck stat as HP each turn. Julia also has Adept and a crazy high chance of using it if Naga's speed boost is factored into the calc, but it's rendered irrelevant by Ashera's mantle (which I guess her Miracle skill would too, though it just boosts evasion in Genealogy? So maybe that's get around it. Does regular Nihil disable Prayer in Genealogy?). I'll leave people to speculate which one has the edge here first before simulating the battle tomorrow.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Forgive the double post. But I want to suggest a fight and someone will probably suggest a different one in between.

Julia (Genealogy of the Holy War) | Fire Emblem Wiki | FandomTips On Beating Ashera | Fire Emblem Amino

Julia, the most powerful playable character in the series, versus Ashera, the final boss of Radiant Dawn.. Julia can solo the final boss of her own game, can she do so to one of another?. Let's see how they face off. Julia will of course be using her Naga Tome. However she also gets he circlet which grants her renewal and (Genealogy)miracle. Ashera will act as she does in game, running through her list of Judgements on her own phase while using the same weapon to counter attack on Julia's face. Ashera will not have her auras with her as those are separate units in her game. Renewal in Genealogy restores between 5-10HP, so I could average that at 7/8 or actually get a randomizer, or just give Julia the full 10 to give her the best chance. Ashera also gets some renewal in the form of Mantle which restores her luck stat as HP each turn. Julia also has Adept and a crazy high chance of using it if Naga's speed boost is factored into the calc, but it's rendered irrelevant by Ashera's mantle (which I guess her Miracle skill would too, though it just boosts evasion in Genealogy? So maybe that's get around it. Does regular Nihil disable Prayer in Genealogy?). I'll leave people to speculate which one has the edge here first before simulating the battle tomorrow.

Lore-wise, I'm leaning toward Ashera winning decisively. In-game, she is demonstrated to be vulnerable to weapons blessed by Yune - her other half, with whom he shared a body. Moreover, she can only be killed (or "put to sleep", I suppose) by Ragnell, a weapon blessed both by Ashera and (at the time of battle) by Yune.

The Naga tome, however, is blessed by neither Ashera nor Yune. It instead contains the power of Naga, who is considered a goddess in her own right. This gives it a distinct advantage over the Loptous tome, given their history of enmity. But Naga's "power relation" to Ashera (and Yune) is unclear - is she more powerful, less, or about equal? My personal speculation is "less", but that's not enough to base a conclusion off of. So I'll just go with what the games give us.

Ashera, aside from weapons that she herself has blessed, is an immovable object. Julia (with the tome of Naga), while a very strong force, is not an unstoppable one. I don't think Julia can defeat Ashera, no matter how hard she tries.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

The Naga tome, however, is blessed by neither Ashera nor Yune. It instead contains the power of Naga, who is considered a goddess in her own right. This gives it a distinct advantage over the Loptous tome, given their history of enmity. But Naga's "power relation" to Ashera (and Yune) is unclear - is she more powerful, less, or about equal? My personal speculation is "less", but that's not enough to base a conclusion off of. So I'll just go with what the games give us.

Naga says in Awakening that she isn't a deity. Ashera appears to be a full-out, all-powerful Creator being. Both are called Goddesses, but there is a clear power difference.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Ashera, aside from weapons that she herself has blessed, is an immovable object. Julia (with the tome of Naga), while a very strong force, is not an unstoppable one. I don't think Julia can defeat Ashera, no matter how hard she tries.

In Lore? I agree on all accounts. Ashera is (almost) unstoppable in Telluis. But Julia? She's the inheritor of a very powerful dragon's power.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Genealogy Nihil disables Sol, Luna, Astra, Crtis, and Effective Damage. All other skills (Adept, Miracle, Pursuit, etc.) are unaffected.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'll leave people to speculate which one has the edge here first before simulating the battle tomorrow.

it depends on how effective Julia attack is im sure. because Ashera attack must be effective against Julia. (iirc every FE final boss has its nemesis but julia is not Ashera nemesis so must be effective)

i dunno, i dont think this is apple to apple versus anymore 🤔

Time to calculate it out.

Magical Judge C   50           100   -100 16
Ashera 103 6 15 28 30 28 23 25 70 59 28 8
Julia 41 0 37 21 28 12 8 40 48 48 16.5 0
Magical Book of Naga   30 20 20   20 20 80     12

Judge C stands for Judge Counter. Ashera will use different weapons on her phase like in game. Ashera has 100% hit. Julia has 69% hit. Both have 0% crit rate due to their skills and weapons. Julia has priority because Ashera never moves.

ROUND 1

Julia struck dealing 42 damage!

Ashera counter attacks dealing 5 damage!

Julia attacks again dealing 42 damage!

Julia HP = 36

Ashera HP = 19

ROUND 2

Ashera recovers 28HP because of Mantel.

Ashera unleases a physical AOE attack

Julia received 27 damage!

Ashera HP = 47

Julia HP = 9

ROUND 3

Julia recovers 10HP from Renewal.

Julia missed!

Julia missed!

Julia HP = 14

Ashera HP = 47

ROUND 4

Ashera recovers 28HP from Mantel.

Ashera unleashes a magical aoe attack!

Received 2 damage!

Ashera HP = 74

Julia HP = 12

ROUND 5

Julia recovers 6 HP from Renewal.

Julia missed!

Julia attacks again dealing 42 damage!

Julia HP = 13

Ashera HP = 32

ROUND 6

Ashera struck dealing 28 damage!

Ashera HP = 32

Julia is dead.

So this match ended up actually being quite close! Once again Luck was the deciding factor. Julia has enough power to take Ashera out in three or four attacks, but her hit rate if unreliable at 69% thanks to Ashera's much higher luck. Julia has a lot of resistance going for her though which makes her easily able to shrug off Ashera's magical attacks that she counters with. It's only her physical AOE and her physical long range attack Julia need fear. Ahsera also has the benefit of not receiving counter attacks due to her attacks being map attacks. Julia has three of her own turns to take Ashera down. She can afford two misses, but three and she's through. So she has six attacks to hit four times at 69% hit. Honestly she should make it, and I was trying to rig it so she did win in the last round, but it seemed she was cursed to keep missing that first attack in Round 5. But dems the rng. It can go either way.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, defensedefumer said:

Next Duel:

Gray (Echoes) vs Edward (POR)

Edward and Leonardo is travelling through Ram Village and makes a rude remark to the farmers there. Gray takes offense and brawls Edward. Who wins?

Okay. I assume we're taking a Gray that chose Mercenary (and thus Yasha) since he's fighting Edward. Also Edward is from Radiant Dawn. No Edward in Path of Radiance.

So as always we have a challenge with what weapon to give the Shadows of Valentia character. As the only ones with any kind of prf wepons are the lords. And giving out series generic weapons really damages Shadows of Valentia characters due to their lack of any Con feature to mitigate weight. I could give Gray Astra, the best sword in the game with a whopping 50% crit, but that seems unfair since Edward is wielding his prf, which isn't the best sword in his game. So I think I'll give him the Shadows of Valentia version of Mercurius, the second best sword in the game. I think the Archanean Regalia are the weapons I'll give most of the Valentian characters henceforth, as backwards as that sounds.

Physical Caladbolg 15       8     85   5 8
Edward 47 24 9 28 30 21 17 8 66.5 55.5 24.5 32
Gray (Yasha) 52 27 21 26 29 20 17 4 62 53.5 23 0
Physical Mercurius (V) 12             90     1

Edward has a +20 crit boost.

Both units have 7 move, so no priority. Two battles will be performed unless there is a clear winner.

Edward 98% hit   30%crit

Gray 96.5% hit  0% crit

ROUND 1

Edward struck dealing 22 damage!

Gray (Yasha) counter attacks dealing 22 damage!

Edward HP = 25

Gray (Yasha) HP = 30

ROUND 2

Gray restores 5HP from Mercurius.

Gray (Yasha) struck dealing 22 damage!

Edward counter attacks dealing 22 damage!

Gray (Yasha) HP = 13

Edward HP = 3

ROUND 3

Boom! Critical! Edward dealt 66 damage!

Edward HP = 3

Gray (Yasha) is dead.

Okay, so the case here seems pretty clear. These two characters are quite evenly matched. They both manage to deal exactly the same damage of 22 with neither one doubling the other. So it's a clear case of whoever attacks first will kill with their third strike on round 3. However, the rng is significantly in Edward's favor due to the innate crit rate he gets from being a Trueblade (+20%) and the luck he gets from Caladbolg protecting him from any crit rate Gray might have managed to pull out. More skills will only help Edward further, as all Gray is getting is the unreliable and rather useless ability to poison from Yasha while Edward gets wrath and Astra. The winner is, Edward. Though Gray could potentially win if he goes first and if Edward doesn't manage to crit with 30% chance in three attacks.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, L3xandr3 said:

Leonardo vs Virion, both are nobles and archers... What if they had a go at each other?

Okay, going to assume Sniper Virion. As for weapons, Leo is set with his own prf Lughnasadh (pronounced Luna-sa for anyone who's ever wondered). Virion has a lot to choose from as Awakening steals a lot of high level bows from other games. His best bet would probably be the Double Bow to outrange Leo, but then Leo can just call fowl and demand he be allowed to use his own game's version of the Double Bow and attack at 1 range. Actually, you know what, Leo has bow range +1 as a Marksman in Radiant Dawn anyway, so unless Virion uses the double bow or longbow, Leo will be outranging him. Okay, so we'll keeo Leo on Lughnasadh and give Virion the Awakening version Doublebow.

Physical Lughnasadh 16     5       100   5 5
Leonardo 48 24 14 28 24 21 18 12 66.5 46.5 24.5 32.6
Virion (Sniper) 45 25 14 30 24 17 19 12 68.5 44.5 23.5 NA
Physical Doublebow (A) 18 0           70   10  

Leonardo has priority (Marksman's 7 move vs Awakening Sniper's 6)

Lenoardo has crit +15, Virion has hit +20

Leonardo has 28% crit, Virion has 13%. Both have 100% hit chance (if Virion didn't have hit+20 he'd be down to 92% though).

ROUND 1

Leonardo struck dealing 21 damage!

Virion (Sniper) counter attacks dealing 25 damage!

Leonardo attacks again dealing 21 damage!

Leonardo HP = 23

Virion (Sniper) HP = 3

ROUND 2

Virion (Sniper) struck dealing 25 damage!

Virion (Sniper) HP = 3

Leonardo is dead.

So that was a pretty swift match. Leonardo has everything going for him. A higher crit rate and the ability to double thanks to Lughnasadh's speed boost. Unfortunately he's just 3 points short of taking Virion out in two attacks, while Virion is two points in overkill of taking Leo out in two attacks (if only Leo chugged that Dracoshield he comes with in Radiant Dawn). However, this is also a case where priority matters, as if Virion strikes first, Leo can counter twice and then finish Virion off on his own phase. So it's a contest where the first to move is the first to die, barring any crits. And since Leo has the priority and thus the ability to engage combat, he can just choose not to attack. With Virion in turn choosing not to attack. Even relying in his crit chance can't quite give the advantage to Leo, as he's chance of scoring a crit in one of his two attacks is 48% according to my calculations, so he's more likely to  not crit tan crit. The only winning move is not to play. I deem this contest, a draw.

Taking skills into consideration, Leo gets Cancel, a skill you don't really want an archer, though it helps him here giving him a 24% (or 29%, I'm not sure if Lughnasadh is taking into account) chance of cancelling Virion's counter attack. But of course like all Radiant Dawn characters, his most useful skill is OP Mastery Skill Deadeye giving him 14% chance to one shot Virion, which added to his Crit rate makes it very likely he'll kill in his two hits. On Virion's side he gets bowfaire, a good skill but useless here as it won't let him kill in any less than 2 hits. Skill+2 won't help his hit any as it's already at maximum, but it will ever so slightly raise his crit by 1%. Prescience is also a good skill Virion has in his arsenal, but it's also useless here as his hit can't be increased any further and Leo's hit would still be 100% even with an extra 15% avoid under Virion's belt.

That match was surprisingly interesting to calculate. It's funny how despite Leo being faster thanks to his weapon and having a better crit rate thanks to his class, it's not actually enough to overcome Virion. The two are surprisingly evenly matched, even Virion's ability to kill in two hits is coming from the str bonus on his weapon. Stat for stat the two are almost equal with only a slight deviation on each side.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Taking skills into consideration, Leo gets Cancel, a skill you don't really want an archer, though it helps him here giving him a 24% (or 29%, I'm not sure if Lughnasadh is taking into account) chance of cancelling Virion's counter attack. But of course like all Radiant Dawn characters, his most useful skill is OP Mastery Skill Deadeye giving him 14% chance to one shot Virion, which added to his Crit rate makes it very likely he'll kill in his two hits. On Virion's side he gets bowfaire, a good skill but useless here as it won't let him kill in any less than 2 hits. Skill+2 won't help his hit any as it's already at maximum, but it will ever so slightly raise his crit by 1%. Prescience is also a good skill Virion has in his arsenal, but it's also useless here as his hit can't be increased any further and Leo's hit would still be 100% even with an extra 15% avoid under Virion's belt.

Cancel is Skill based, not Speed.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

I deem this contest, a draw.

Since neither one wants to attack first, the fair way to do it is to calculate the odds twice, for both of them attacking first, and that puts Leonardo’s average odds higher than Virion’s due to the higher Crit rate.

Even when Leonardo attacks first he still has a 45.54% chance to win. When Virion attacks first he only has a 13% chance to win. That gives Leonardo an average chance to win of 66.27%. The rounded odds are 66:34 in Leonardo’s favor, making him almost twice as likely to win as Virion.

Edited by Whisky

On 12/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, defensedefumer said:

Next duel:

Rinkah (Fates) vs Hawkeye (Blazing Blade)

The two tribes meet in ritual combat. Who wins?

Rinkah isn't ever fought as an enemy after promotion in Fates, so there's no canon class for her I can take for promotion. So I'm just going to go with Oni Chieften over blacksmith. I feel its name and her firey association makes it more fitting for her, even if the hybrid aspect might not give her as much in the stats department (though of that I'm not certain). Both are going to be getting the generic silver axes I've picked out.

Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14
Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) 41 24 18 20 25 14 29 9 47 44.5 17 NA
Hawkeye 60 25 0 21 16 21 20 14 52.5 34.5 21 16
Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14

Hawkeye has crit+15. Neither unit has priority.

Rinkah 79.5% hit and 0% crit

Hawkweye 78% hit and 22% crit

ROUND 1

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) struck dealing 18 damage!

Hawkeye counter attacks dealing 10 damage!

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) attacks again dealing 18 damage!

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) HP = 31

Hawkeye HP = 24

ROUND 2

Boom! Critical! Hawkeye dealt 30 damage!

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) counter attacks dealing 18 damage!

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) attacks again dealing 18 damage!

Hawkeye is dead.

Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) HP = 1

So this match is a solid victory for Rinkah. They're almost matched for strength, but Rinkah far out strips Hawkeye in the defense category and doubles him to boot. Meaning even if Hawkeye manages to use his bonus crit, Rinkah is still dealing more damage each round. Hawkeye needs to get very lucky with two consecutive crits to pull off a win.

And in terms of skills, well obviously Hawkeye doesn't have any beyond his crit boost, while Rinkah has fun stuff like counter and Death Blow.