defensedefumer

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/7/2020 at 2:06 AM, defensedefumer said:

Ok, next duels:

Marcia (RD) vs Est (Echoes)
While on a trip to Begnion, Est is mistaken as Marcia, and gets local privileges (like free lodging etc). Marcia hears reports and angrily confronts Est, accusing her of impersonating a Holy Guard. They duel. Who wins?

Any takers for this battle?

On 10/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, defensedefumer said:

Marcia (RD) vs Est (Echoes)
While on a trip to Begnion, Est is mistaken as Marcia, and gets local privileges (like free lodging etc). Marcia hears reports and angrily confronts Est, accusing her of impersonating a Holy Guard. They duel. Who wins?

Est is pretty doomed here, she gonna have to talk this one out. She's the weakest and youngest out of her sisters.

Amelia from Sacred Stones wielding a steel lance  Vs. Claude from 3H wielding the Failnought

Pretty obvious answer right?
Here's the catch: They're in a cramped room...
snickering-gif • RachieVee: Rachel's Blog

6 hours ago, Shrow said:

Est is pretty doomed here, she gonna have to talk this one out. She's the weakest and youngest out of her sisters.

Amelia from Sacred Stones wielding a steel lance  Vs. Claude from 3H wielding the Failnought

Pretty obvious answer right?
Here's the catch: They're in a cramped room...
snickering-gif • RachieVee: Rachel's Blog

Claude has Close Counter equipped, so he still wins.

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Any takers for this battle?

RD Marcia, easily. If it were "pre-PoR" Marcia, it'd be a competition. But we're talking a grown-ass Falcon Knight against a little girl on a winged horse. Hell, Marcia can handle Makalov, so Est should be no problem. 

Here's one: Bord and Cord return to Talys, and find their woods have been clean-cut. Apparently, a couple of upstarts from Lycia thought they could horn in on their business. Do they beat Wade and Lot?

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Here's one: Bord and Cord return to Talys, and find their woods have been clean-cut. Apparently, a couple of upstarts from Lycia thought they could horn in on their business. Do they beat Wade and Lot?

I think Wade and Lot, since Wade is sorta like Bord but less slow, while Lot is tanky thicc.

Of course, if Bord or Cord had reclassed into Dark Mages...

The battle of two hunters: FE12 Castor or FE12 Ryan?

FE12 Castor because Ryan (Sorry little bro) hasn't ever fought before while Castor participated in an entire war and Ryan's bases are shit so you should realistically just use Gordin if you want to use an archer, the better choice...

Next Duel: Robin travels through the outrealms and finds himself in Jugdral, where he finds Julius, who declares that he is the superior mage. Robin disagrees and they duel. Who wins?

Edited by Gordin

2 hours ago, Gordin said:

FE12 Castor because Ryan (Sorry little bro) hasn't ever fought before while Castor participated in an entire war and Ryan's bases are shit so you should realistically just use Gordin if you want to use an archer, the better choice...

Next Duel: Robin travels through the outrealms and finds himself in Jugdral, where he finds Julia, who declares that she is the superior mage. Robin disagrees and they duel. Who wins?

Seems a bit out of character to brag like that for Julia. You sure you didn't mean Julius? Robin shares the whole getting possessed by Satan deal as him.

Next duel:

Shinon (RD) vs Takumi (Fates)

Hunting unwittingly in the Hoshidan forest, Shinon and Rolf gets ambushed by an attacking Takumi. Takumi informs them that the punishment for illegal hunting in the Hoshido Royal forest is death. Sending Rolf away, Shinon gets into an archery fight with Takumi. Who wins?

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Seems a bit out of character to brag like that for Julia. You sure you didn't mean Julius? Robin shares the whole getting possessed by Satan deal as him.

Oops yeah I meant Julius my bad it's Julius vs Robin not Julia xD

PoR Ike vs Ephraim

1x1, both utilizing their strongest weapons.

Roy vs Leif

Both at their best too.

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

PoR Ike vs Ephraim

1x1, both utilizing their strongest weapons.

Roy vs Leif

Both at their best too.

Ephraim wins, lance over sword, not to mention Ragnell is so heavy and Siegmund gives boost Str. So even though ragnell can use ranged attack, Ephraim can double

Roy wins, you can argue about their stat, but theres no arguing when BB taken into consideration. the Thing is just broken (can heal, gives Def+ Res+), even more broken imo in Echoes games since they just add "can KO gods" in its description

Edited by joevar

15 minutes ago, joevar said:

Ephraim wins, lance over sword, not to mention Ragnell is so heavy and Siegmund gives boost Str. So even though ragnell can use ranged attack, Ephraim can double

What about Ike wielding Urvan?

15 minutes ago, joevar said:

Roy wins, you can argue about their stat, but theres no arguing when BB taken into consideration. the Thing is just broken (can heal, gives Def+ Res+), even more broken imo in Echoes games since they just add "can KO gods" in its description

Binding Blade is indeed broken. Roy can even beat Ike with it!

Unless the enemy can kill Roy in one round of combat or launch an attack he can't counter attack (which Alm could manage with a bow/Sendscale), he can just keep healing on his player phase and counter attacking on enemy phase. Well it'll only last 20 turns, but Roy's sure to be able to kill them in that much time.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What about Ike wielding Urvan?

dunno, didnt play RD to know how it feels. But from the stat alone, axe>lance , a bit lighter than Ragnell and hit harder. maybe can win if its urvan from RD? But Ragnell have 2 range 🤔

On 10/10/2020 at 1:35 AM, Gordin said:

Next Duel: Robin travels through the outrealms and finds himself in Jugdral, where he finds Julius, who declares that he is the superior mage. Robin disagrees and they duel. Who wins?

Any takers for this duel?

16 minutes ago, Gordin said:

I don't think Robin really stands any chance of getting around the Loptyr tome. They don't have any plot related powers that allow they to get around stuff like that. They don't even have a prf. The only feat is defeating Grima, but that's not due to some special magic but from being a part of Grima. And since Grima and Loptyr aren't the same character (...probably) that's not really helping.

Julius win. CMIIW, final boss in past FE games always need unique/Divine weapon to effectively kill them. without one Robin is in disadvantage. Also Robin imo would fit into "jack of all trade" rather than Excellent mages. unless you reclass, changing the starting bonus stat, and so on so on which will never end to discuss. But still at a disadvantage

Edited by joevar

5 hours ago, joevar said:

What if Roy doesn't have access to the BB? Who would win?

I think Loptous vs Grima would be more fair.

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Didnt play FE5, cant say about Leif. And as much as i like Roy, i cant deny his stat is only above average. so theres that

I think Loptous vs Grima would be more fair.

did we even know the full extent of power from mythical creature / god / dark god in FE series? seems only telling rather than showing is what FE have been doing everytime (by not making any prequel about the first wielder of divine weapons against the big bad guy). most of the time its just incomplete/just awaken/weakened state of said enemy

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

Didnt play FE5, cant say about Leif. And as much as i like Roy, i cant deny his stat is only above average. so theres that

I also didn't play FE5, but from what I hear, Leif stats aren't good either.

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

did we even know the full extent of power from mythical creature / god / dark god in FE series? seems only telling rather than showing is what FE have been doing everytime (by not making any prequel about the first wielder of divine weapons against the big bad guy). most of the time its just incomplete/just awaken/weakened state of said enemy

We can guess that the Exalted Falchion is comparable to the Naga tome, and is the only thing that can effectively stop Grima in Awakening.

We can guess that the Exalted Falchion is comparable to the Naga tome, and is the only thing that can effectively stop Grima in Awakening.

i meant, if we were to pit Loptyr vs Grima in their original form not just when possessing human. Nothing about the divine weapon describe what their respective dragons power is except it is their weakness. (for example, what can they destroy in one single breath/attack in fully awakened & top condition, and what is their best attack)

=================================================================================================================================

another duel:
Navarre (New Mystery) vs Karel (Blazing bld)
Both in their peak of youth and sword skill, who would win?

Edited by joevar

On 10/9/2020 at 7:23 PM, Benice said:

I think Wade and Lot, since Wade is sorta like Bord but less slow, while Lot is tanky thicc.

Of course, if Bord or Cord had reclassed into Dark Mages...

The battle of two hunters: FE12 Castor or FE12 Ryan?

Castor, because he REALLY needs the money. Also, because I haven't beaten New Mystery yet, and therefore can't reclass Ryan to Hunter.

On 10/10/2020 at 4:55 AM, defensedefumer said:

Next duel:

Shinon (RD) vs Takumi (Fates)

Hunting unwittingly in the Hoshidan forest, Shinon and Rolf gets ambushed by an attacking Takumi. Takumi informs them that the punishment for illegal hunting in the Hoshido Royal forest is death. Sending Rolf away, Shinon gets into an archery fight with Takumi. Who wins?

Shinon, probably. He starts bulkier, faster, and stronger overall than Takumi. Ah, but what if they're each in their final class? Still Shinon, because he can attack at 3 range thanks to Marksman powers. Ah, but what if Takumi is in his possessed Endgame form? Then Takumi, I guess.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

i meant, if we were to pit Loptyr vs Grima in their original form not just when possessing human. Nothing about the divine weapon describe what their respective dragons power is except it is their weakness. (for example, what can they destroy in one single breath/attack in fully awakened & top condition, and what is their best attack)

=================================================================================================================================

another duel:

Hm... Karel joins promoted, and he killed most of his family, plus a bunch of others. But Navarre defends Phina from a bunch of soldiers, and already survived a war. I'll give Karel the edge.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:55 AM, Maof06 said:

I am giving it to Lief, as he can use his signature Light Brand to attack at two range and fully heal every turn and he has 60 uses to finish Roy, and the +10 luck the thing gives him means Roy can't even bank on a lucky Raiper crit for the win. Lief's Light Brand is like a poor mans Binding, and he should be able to beat Roy with it (unless that boy has the even more broken Binding Blade).

On 10/11/2020 at 4:30 AM, Gordin said:

Just wanted to add that in Julius's final form he is literally immune to all magic other than Naga thanks to the effects of the Loptous tome, and the global magic caps.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, joevar said:

Looking at the lore Karel. Navarre may have been a famous swordsman, but Karel left a swath of destruction as the Sword Demon, and that was before he reached the peak of his skill and got the moniker of Sword Saint.

1 hour ago, defensedefumer said:

Next Duel:

Valbar (Echoes) vs Benny (Fates)

Valbar gets lost and accidently crosses the Nohr border. Benny, one of the famed border guards moves to apprehend Valbar. Who wins?

Benny on a technicality, as the rules of Valbar's universe dictates that when Benny and Valabar can't get enough attack to get past the other's defense, Valbar still takes 1 point of damage.

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next Duel:

Valbar (Echoes) vs Benny (Fates)

Valbar gets lost and accidently crosses the Nohr border. Benny, one of the famed border guards moves to apprehend Valbar. Who wins?

Why do I get the feeling this interaction would end in Valbar apologising for his mistake and the two of them just hanging out and being wholesome?

But anyway, I'd probably say Benny. As tough as Valbar is Benny is bigger and burlier. Plus he'd probably call in a bear or something.