FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

8 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Walmart Vs Alm Vs Edelgard? Sounds like a toss up to me. If it is 1 Vs 1 Vs 1, then I'd say Walhart (Conquest, Aegis, Pavise, and Rightful King + Wolf Biel).

8 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

People seem to be forgetting he has A ranks in Swords, Lances and Axes. He wields Sol and Wolfbeil and has Rightful King, Aegis and Pavise and you can´t deal effective damage to him and has more movement than these two

also a problem. 1. its wolf berg, not wolf beil which is Hector axe... 2. rightful king, pavisse, and aegis is only there when you faced him in Lunatic as a boss. Boss always has inflated stats in other than normal. Clearly lunatic/maddening not meant to be a fair fight. if its like that then Edelgard actually have more chance winning against walhart since her stat and skill couple that with Aymr in maddening while as a boss is a no joke too

Edited by joevar

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we also Include those Empire's Allies, then Edelgard (N/A Vs Jesse's Kingdom Vs TWSITD, Demonic Beasts, and Brigid).

Just imagining Alm, Walhart, and their forces going to fight Edelgard but just get hit by the technomagic missiles.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, defensedefumer said:

Ok here is something to think about:

Hoshido children vs Nohr children vs Blue lions vs Golden deer vs Black eagles (Intra house competition)

House Hoshido (consisting of Shiro, Shigure, Kirage, Hisame, Asugi, Mitama, Selkie, Rhajat, Caeldori and Midori) and House Nohr (Siegbert, Dwyer, Forrest, Ignatius, Sophie, Percy, Soleil, Nina and Velouria) have a school visit to Fodlan, and compete with the Three Houses in the following tournaments:

Swords

Lances

Axes

Bows

Tomes

and Finally, and five-way tactical battle (last man standing)

Who would win each category, and overall? Discuss!

Any takers here?

1 hour ago, defensedefumer said:

Any takers here?

All right, this looks complicated, but I will give it a shot. I will assume the professor isn't a part of this, as it sounds like it takes place in a single Three Houses universe, and simply saying whichever house has Byleth wins wouldn't be very interesting. Lets start with the winners for the weapons, I am giving the Three houses lords the win with their legendary weapons, so

Lance - Dimitri

Axe - Edelgard

Bow - Claude

Tomes - I am torn between Ophelia, the undisputed best mage of Fates, and Lysithea... but I think I am giving it to Ophelia in the end.

Swords - I am giving it to Siegbert partially out of pity, but also because the clear sword winner of Three Houses was already excluded and no one else jumps out to me as a brokenly good sword wielder.

Five way Tactics battle - Got to go with the Conquest kids, as they are in a game where tactics are the most important, and thus were forced to learn the best tactics available, as they can't fix tactical incompetence with over grinding like the rest of the teams. Plus the Three Houses kids are at a bit of a disadvantage not being able to use their professor's time pulse abilities to save them from their tactical errors like they have gotten used to.

Overall winner is the Conquest kids, followed by Golden Deer, Black Eagle, Blue Lion, with the Birthright kids taking dead last.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:25 PM, joevar said:

Micaiah magic prowess maybe higher than celica but i doubt by a large margin. Celica is also "branded" and have unique personal magic. if you take into account everything like Micaiah get blessed and other stuff, celica could wield a shield too while carrying Sword and using magic without reclassing. why not having celica given a shield that can raise her Res+ ? Even if their stat cant be compared its still clear that Micaiah is kind of glass canon with low speed too while Celica have good growth in all stats. Unless Micaiah can OHKO her, Celica can win this

I don't know much about Celica's magical prowess but what unique personal magic does she have? Sure Celica can get those shields. Micaiah also has access to the nosferatu tome to suck Celica dry which will be made even more potent with the fact that Celica's magic drains her own health. Micaiah can also blind Celica with light magic. I do agree Celica should be faster though. So her only chance would be to get close and strike Micaiah with a sword. But with all the long range AoE magic that Micaiah can throw at her, I doubt Celica can win. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I don't know much about Celica's magical prowess but what unique personal magic does she have? Sure Celica can get those shields. Micaiah also has access to the nosferatu tome to suck Celica dry which will be made even more potent with the fact that Celica's magic drains her own health. Micaiah can also blind Celica with light magic. I do agree Celica should be faster though. So her only chance would be to get close and strike Micaiah with a sword. But with all the long range AoE magic that Micaiah can throw at her, I doubt Celica can win. 

oh i meant personal, unique seems the wrong word since its just fancier ragnarok. also i dont know micaiah can use nosferatu, since magic/skill draining health being a handicap to all gaiden/SoV character is a fact.

28 minutes ago, joevar said:

oh i meant personal, unique seems the wrong word since its just fancier ragnarok. also i dont know micaiah can use nosferatu, since magic/skill draining health being a handicap to all gaiden/SoV character is a fact.

Oh and BTW, Micaiah doesn't take much damage from Ilyana's lightning bolts. I'm sure Celica's ragnarok is stronger but Micaiah also gets blessed by Yune afterwards and I doubt a girl who fought in 3 different conflicts (Ilyana) is that much weaker than Celica that a power boost by Yune doesn't overcompensate and allow Micaiah to take little damage against Celica. 

Spoiler

Ilyana: It’ll be all right. I’m really strong against your spells, and my magic is not powerful enough to defeat you. We’ll be fine.
Micaiah: But if we’re equally matched, why should we fight at all? It sounds… wrong.

49 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

doubt a girl who fought in 3 different conflicts (Ilyana) is that much weaker than

this is what i keep having problem arguing about character in tellius compared to other games. the game have direct sequel with time skip (which shared only with marth stories) , fancy god antagonist that everyone treat as most powerful antagonist because they slap "god" real hard in it , which somehow make everyone forgot that other FE series peak Divine dragon also considered a god in their own continent.
the power scaling / power creep is just unfair. (and dont start about micaiah only fight one war, since thats the same what happen in many japs manga/anime with sequel, new main char somehow always catch up to seasoned veteran that already in sequel despite them being stronger than ever than the prequel they were in)

but ofc, feel free to disagree with my comment since i havent played RD... (i plan to)

Edited by joevar

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lance - Dimitri

Axe - Edelgard

Bow - Claude

Tomes - I am torn between Ophelia, the undisputed best mage of Fates, and Lysithea... but I think I am giving it to Ophelia in the end.

Swords - I am giving it to Siegbert partially out of pity, but also because the clear sword winner of Three Houses was already excluded and no one else jumps out to me as a brokenly good sword wielder.

Five way Tactics battle - Got to go with the Conquest kids, as they are in a game where tactics are the most important, and thus were forced to learn the best tactics available, as they can't fix tactical incompetence with over grinding like the rest of the teams. Plus the Three Houses kids are at a bit of a disadvantage not being able to use their professor's time pulse abilities to save them from their tactical errors like they have gotten used to.

Overall winner is the Conquest kids, followed by Golden Deer, Black Eagle, Blue Lion, with the Birthright kids taking dead last.

I actually would agree with your analysis, but would challenge the following:

Bows: Claude is great at it, but I thought Kiragi would take this as he crits a lot more than Claude.

Swords: Siegbert is OK, but Felix is amazing at the blade.

58 minutes ago, joevar said:

this is what i keep having problem arguing about character in tellius compared to other games. the game have direct sequel with time skip (which shared only with marth stories) , fancy god antagonist that everyone treat as most powerful antagonist because they slap "god" real hard in it , which somehow make everyone forgot that other FE series peak Divine dragon also considered a god in their own continent.
the power scaling / power creep is just unfair. (and dont start about micaiah only fight one war, since thats the same what happen in many japs manga/anime with sequel, new main char somehow always catch up to seasoned veteran that already in sequel despite them being stronger than ever than the prequel they were in)

but ofc, feel free to disagree with my comment since i havent played RD... (i plan to)

Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates spoiler warning!

Going off topic for a bit, but here we go. Ashera turned all living things to stone at the end of Part 3 of Radiant Dawn. In addition, she made the Tellius World and most things in it (Evolution eventually led to the Beoric and Laguz). If Ike, Micaiah, and Co. didn't have Yune to help them, she would have destroyed the world and made a new one.

Compare to Naga who strait up says she is not a God, and Anankos who says he was impressed by Naga sending so many of the Awakening children back in time while barely being able to send Owain, Severa, and Inigo to the Fates world.

Also, I think Micaiah was never said to be as strong as Ike, and I think Heroes said that Ike is the strongest Hero (Don't quote me on this, seeing as I last played Heoes 2~3 years ago)

20 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates spoiler warning!

Going off topic for a bit, but here we go.....

Also, I think Micaiah was never said to be as strong as Ike, and I think Heroes said that Ike is the strongest Hero (Don't quote me on this, seeing as I last played Heoes 2~3 years ago)

hmm... you might want to put it in spoiler bracket, i dont mind spoiler, but other people might.
actually playing RD might change my opinion later about RD character
i meant not as strong as Ike since he's melee oriented, but as strong as someone who already fought and survived many wars as a magic user.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm... you might want to put it in spoiler bracket, i dont mind spoiler, but other people might.
actually playing RD might change my opinion later about RD character
i meant not as strong as Ike since he's melee oriented, but as strong as someone who already fought and survived many wars as a magic user.

I'm new here so, uh... IDK how to put a spoiler's bracket on it. Sorry.

As for the second part, that's a good point. Micaiah shouldn't be as strong as, say, Soren, but she is. Blame IS, I guess.

OK next duel:

Palla, Catria and Est (Echoes) vs Tanith, Sigrun and Marcia (RD)

The White Wings are hired by rich nobles to combat bandits in Crimea. They are met by the Holy Knights, and Est is accused of impersonating Marcia (as they look alike). The trios engage each other in the skies. Who wins?

I'm new here so, uh... IDK how to put a spoiler's bracket on it. Sorry.

As for the second part, that's a good point. Micaiah shouldn't be as strong as, say, Soren, but she is. Blame IS, I guess.

Why should she be weaker than Soren?

Spoiler

She's one of the few characters that you need to bring to the tower, it'd be absurd if you're bringing a character that has a direct connection to the goddess and her blessing to be weaker than your ordinary mage. Sephiran is the strongest mage for similar reasons as Micaiah except for being older and more experienced. 

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why should she be weaker than Soren?

Reveal hidden contents

She's one of the few characters that you need to bring to the tower, it'd be absurd if you're bringing a character that has a direct connection to the goddess and her blessing to be weaker than your ordinary mage. Sephiran is the strongest mage for similar reasons as Micaiah except for being older and more experienced. 

I'm talking Lore-wise, not Gameplay-wise. In terms of the balance, of course Micaiah needs to be better than Soren. Of course, talking of balance and Radiant Dawn, the two don't really get along well, but that is beside the point.

6 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

I'm talking Lore-wise, not Gameplay-wise. In terms of the balance, of course Micaiah needs to be better than Soren. Of course, talking of balance and Radiant Dawn, the two don't really get along well, but that is beside the point.

Lorewise nothing suggests that Soren needs to be better than Micaiah at everything. 

Micaiah is among the top 11 best fighters in the playable party. Well 12 or 13 because Kurthnaga is definitely stronger than her and maybe even Ena.  

Spoiler

Yune:
“They’ll have much stronger forces inside the tower…not to mention Ashera herself. We’ll send in our best 11. Oh, and we’ll want the two dragons! …And one from the heron tribe… And…uh…the empress. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to have Sothe.”

Edited by Icelerate

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Lorewise nothing suggests that Soren needs to be better than Micaiah at everything. 

Micaiah is among the top 11 best fighters in the playable party. Well 12 or 13 because Kurthnaga is definitely stronger than her and maybe even Ena.  

Reveal hidden contents

Yune:
“They’ll have much stronger forces inside the tower…not to mention Ashera herself. We’ll send in our best 11. Oh, and we’ll want the two dragons! …And one from the heron tribe… And…uh…the empress. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to have Sothe.”

We keep going further off topic, but... Yune might be sending Micaiah because she's the one Yune talks through. Either that or she is that strong. Believe what you will, I suppose.

Is she even better than Soren when it comes to gameplay though? She's slow as shit after all.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is she even better than Soren when it comes to gameplay though? She's slow as shit after all.

Compairing their Growths:

HP, Magic, and Speed are exactly the same

Strength is irrelevant

Skill: Soren has +20%.

Luck: Micaiah has +45%

Def: Soren has +5%

Res: Micaiah has +20%

I rest my case.

2 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Compairing their Growths:

HP, Magic, and Speed are exactly the same

Strength is irrelevant

Skill: Soren has +20%.

Luck: Micaiah has +45%

Def: Soren has +5%

Res: Micaiah has +20%

I rest my case.

You wouldn't make a really good lawyer if that's all you're going to say. I'm not even sure what your conclusion is. Though I'm guessing you're trying to say Micaiah is better because she has some higher growths res and luck. But growths aren't nearly as important as bases. And when it comes down to it, these are their averages at max level.

Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

Micaiah

20 43.8 18.55 40 32.6 29.95 40 21.4 40  

Soren

20 45.6 21.5 40 34 31.65 22.9 21.5 36

So Micaiah does still excel in Luck and Res which makes her a bit better at tanking magic. BUt it's not like Soren's going to run into much trouble with that. On Soren's behalf though he is a little faster and has more HP. So they're about even. However Soren also gets Flare as a Mastery Skill which is better than Corona as it allows healing. On the other other hand Micaiah gets Thani as a prf which is pretty useful at nuking generals. So they're pretty even. The one thing that would definitely push Soren ahead would be transfer bonuses from Path of Radiance however. And given he has a special conversation in Radiant Dawn that depends on him having an A support with Ike in that Path of Radiance there's pretty high incentive to give him then.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

You wouldn't make a really good lawyer if that's all you're going to say. I'm not even sure what your conclusion is. Though I'm guessing you're trying to say Micaiah is better because she has some higher growths res and luck. But growths aren't nearly as important as bases. And when it comes down to it, these are their averages at max level.

Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

Micaiah

20 43.8 18.55 40 32.6 29.95 40 21.4 40  

Soren

20 45.6 21.5 40 34 31.65 22.9 21.5 36

So Micaiah does still excel in Luck and Res which makes her a bit better at tanking magic. BUt it's not like Soren's going to run into much trouble with that. On Soren's behalf though he is a little faster and has more HP. So they're about even. However Soren also gets Flare as a Mastery Skill which is better than Corona as it allows healing. On the other other hand Micaiah gets Thani as a prf which is pretty useful at nuking generals. So they're pretty even. The one thing that would definitely push Soren ahead would be transfer bonuses from Path of Radiance however. And given he has a special conversation in Radiant Dawn that depends on him having an A support with Ike in that Path of Radiance there's pretty high incentive to give him then.

Point of the matter is that (according to the Lore, not stats) Micaiah hasn't really fought before, yet Soren has seen a war and who knows how much mercenary work. Yet Micaiah is fairly indistinguishable from Soren in terms of stats. I suppose a argument could be made that Micaiah is stronger than she should be because she has had Yune helping her. But past that Soren should by all rights be stronger than Micaiah.

Just now, L3xandr3 said:

Point of the matter is that (according to the Lore, not stats) Micaiah hasn't really fought before, yet Soren has seen a war and who knows how much mercenary work. Yet Micaiah is fairly indistinguishable from Soren in terms of stats. I suppose a argument could be made that Micaiah is stronger than she should be because she has had Yune helping her. But past that Soren should by all rights be stronger than Micaiah.

Micaiah fought a sustain liberation war against Begnion for just as long as Soren fought in the mad king's war (and appropriately she is much lower levelled than he is in part 1). Not to mention she's clearly a practices tome user for god knows how many years with magic bloodline powers to boot. She's never depicted as someone who's just taken up arms recently.

3 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

she should be because she has had Yune helping her. But past that Soren should by all rights be stronger than Micaiah.

is the buff/blessing Micaiah got permanent for lifetime or just for that particular war purpose?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Micaiah fought a sustain liberation war against Begnion for just as long as Soren fought in the mad king's war (and appropriately she is much lower levelled than he is in part 1). Not to mention she's clearly a practices tome user for god knows how many years with magic bloodline powers to boot. She's never depicted as someone who's just taken up arms recently.

1. So a war for a war? Alright, that's fair. What of all the Mercenary work though?

2. Eh, they never really say either way how long Micaiah has used tomes. Could've been for a couple decades, could've been since the beginning of the Dawn Brigade.

3. Soren has a comparably strong bloodline, perhaps even stronger,

Spoiler

given that he's the grandson of Dheginsea. Meanwhile Micaiah is the Great-great-great-how-ever-many-great-grand daughter of Lehran.

4. She's never depicted as a veteran mage either.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

is the buff/blessing Micaiah got permanent for lifetime or just for that particular war purpose?

That's a good question. I don't think it's ever said in-game just how long the blessing works. Ashera's blessing has been active, for, what, ~800 years? Could be that it varies based on the strength of the blessing.