FE Dream duel: Who would win?

defensedefumer

40 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

The stats of the Gen 2 characters all vary, depending on their parents, the levels their parents where at, etc. I could do some poking around attempt to get those averages, but it would take a damn long time to manually calculate all the Characters with their potential parents. But I do have a lot of spare time, so... I'll get back to you on that one. For now, I need sleep.

Edit: Before I go to sleep, Seliph's Lv30 Stats (Assuming Sigurd & Dierdre where at Lv30) are as follows:

76.6 Hp, 23.95 Strength, 11.7 Magic, 22 Skill (Capped, would be 27.4 otherwise), 20.15 Speed, 23.05 Luck and Defense, and 12.7 Resistance.

I assume you will need all the other Gen 2 character stats to get their average before you could do this duel. Do you need the Substitutes averages, as well?

Yes, as the quality of child characters is presented in how well they pair up against substitute characters as well as each other.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yes, as the quality of child characters is presented in how well they pair up against substitute characters as well as each other.

Ok then. I'll get calculating. It's not like I have anything better to do.

Should we consider the Subs just another variation of the normal kids?

Edit: Should I add the Event stat bonuses to their averages?

Edited by L3xandr3
avoiding double post

On 11/17/2020 at 6:25 AM, Jotari said:

I assume I should add the Event stat Bonuses, then?

44 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

I assume I should add the Event stat Bonuses, then?

That's a good question. Hmm. It does make a big difference to some units and does help substitutes more (I think). But it is sort of like using star boosters. Though unlike stat boosters it's not something units are in competition for. So it's more like promotion bonuses. Though some boosts are only available if certain units are lovers. Hmm I'll get back to you on it tomorrow. In the meantime let's move this discussion here as it's a bit tangential.

Forgive the double post, but Serenes doesn't like all these colour boxes being edited in. And since it's three days chances are no one would see this if I ammended it.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:29 AM, defensedefumer said:

Next fight:

Seliph (Genealogy) vs Siegbert (Fates)

Seliph is looking for evidence of his father's killer. Meanwhile, Siegbert is also looking to establish himself as a worthy heir to Xander. Seeking to recruit Siegbert, Seliph offers to hire him. However, Siegbert is more interested in a duel. Who wins?

Well big thanks to @L3xandr3 for calculating all the Gen 2 stats for me. I can bring this battle to life. Siegbert gets Siegfried in Heris of Fates so that's what I'm giving him here. I'm also making him a Paladin like his daddy rather than an armoured knight. He is also Corrin's son as that was the simplist way to calculate all the stats for Fates children.

Physical Tyrfing 30   10 10     20 80     7
Seliph 59 30 12 24 20 22 23 18 59 41 23 0
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con
Siegbert (Paladin) 50 27 10 25 24 25 21 10 62.5 48.5 25 NA
Physical Siegfried 11         4   80 10 5 0

Seliph has 80.5% hit and 0% crit. 

Siegbert has 100% hit and 8% crit.

Seliph has initiative.

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Seliph struck dealing 35 damage!

Siegbert (Paladin) counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Seliph HP = 44

Siegbert (Paladin) HP = 15

ROUND 2

Siegbert (Paladin) struck dealing 15 damage!

Seliph counter attacks dealing 35 damage!

Siegbert is dead

Seliph HP = 29

Physical Silver Sword 12             80     4
Seliph 59 30 12 24 20 22 23 18 59 41 23 0
Siegbert (Paladin) 50 27 10 25 24 25 21 10 62.5 48.5 25 NA
Physical Silver Sword 12             80     4

Seliph now has 90.5% hit and 0 crit.

Seigbert has 100% hit and 3% crit.

So Seliph indeed destroys Seigbert. Jugdral Holy Weapons are just OP. Skills won't make much of a difference here as the only thing of use Siegbert can get in his default class line is Elbow Room. But let's see who'd fair better if they left their legendary blades at home and used Silver Swords.

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Seliph struck dealing 21 damage!

Siegbert (Paladin) counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Siegbert (Paladin) attacks again dealing 16 damage!

Seliph HP = 27

Siegbert (Paladin) HP = 29

ROUND 2

Siegbert (Paladin) struck dealing 16 damage!

Seliph counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Siegbert (Paladin) attacks again dealing 16 damage!

Siegbert (Paladin) HP = 8

Seliph is dead.

So it seems without the speed boost of Tyfing, Siegbert can actually double Seliph, making him the sound winner. Better hold on to your father's heirloom Seliph!

Next fight: Possessed Berkut (Echoes) vs Reinhardt (Thracia 776)

Berkut is on the run, and is seeking refuge after losing yet another skirmish to Alm. He transpasses into Reinhardt's territory. Sensing a dark demon in Berkut, Reinhardt demands that Berkut surrenders. Berkut's eyes light up and he duels Reinhardt. Who wins?

21 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next fight: Possessed Berkut (Echoes) vs Reinhardt (Thracia 776)

Berkut is on the run, and is seeking refuge after losing yet another skirmish to Alm. He transpasses into Reinhardt's territory. Sensing a dark demon in Berkut, Reinhardt demands that Berkut surrenders. Berkut's eyes light up and he duels Reinhardt. Who wins?

Berkut.

Kriemhild is pretty absurd, what with having magic damage. Add that to the fact that Reinhardt is somewhat lacking in Physical power (yes he has a master sword, but only has 13 strength)... And Berkut having 1-3 range vs Reinhardt's 1-2...

2 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Berkut.

Kriemhild is pretty absurd, what with having magic damage. Add that to the fact that Reinhardt is somewhat lacking in Physical power (yes he has a master sword, but only has 13 strength)... And Berkut having 1-3 range vs Reinhardt's 1-2...

Reinhardt has some other tricks up his sleeve though. Max movement stars gives him a 25% chance of initiating another attack and max leadership stars give him an extra 15% evasion. He also has pursuit critical coefficient doubling his crit rate on counter attacks. And this be Jugdral Crits were attack is doubled before defense is calculated. Though actually I suppose his pursuit critical coefficient wouldn't help him if Berkut is always attacking from three range. Really though with adept, charge and a brave tome, the only thing saving Berkut is Phantasm reducing magic attack.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Reinhardt has some other tricks up his sleeve though. Max movement stars gives him a 25% chance of initiating another attack and max leadership stars give him an extra 15% evasion. He also has pursuit critical coefficient doubling his crit rate on counter attacks. And this be Jugdral Crits were attack is doubled before defense is calculated. Though actually I suppose his pursuit critical coefficient wouldn't help him if Berkut is always attacking from three range. Really though with adept, charge and a brave tome, the only thing saving Berkut is Phantasm reducing magic attack.

Fair, fair. Valid points, those. I gonna do some research unto this, as well.

Ok, so after digging around a bit, here’s what I’ve come up with:

Berkut’s Pros: Wildfire (+10 Hit/Avoid), Kriemhild (10 Mt, +5 Def and Res), Phantasm (Halves Magic damage), Higher Range (1-2 vs 1-3)

Reinhardt’s Pros: 5 Leader Stars (+15 Hit/Avoid), 5 Move Stars, Dire Thunder, Vantage, Charge, Adept, Pavise

So let’s break this down. Berkut can attack Reinhardt without facing a counter, as both have 9 Move. This renders Vantage useless. Charge is likely useless too, as Reinhardt will probably have lower Hp after Berkut snipes at him. After that, it’s an RNG-fest. Does Reinhardt proc Pavise against Berkut’s attack (20%)? Does Berkut miss?  What if Reinhardt - on his turn – Procs Adept (14%) and his Move Stars (25%)? So it’s just dependent on the Rng who wins, I’d say.

Next fight: Arden (Genealogy) vs Draug (Shadow Dragon)

At a massive wedding of Marth and Caeda, some games are being played. A test of strength is being showcased as Draug issues an open challenge to any guests. Arden agrees to duel. Who wins?

PS: Feel free to suggest anymore interesting match-ups!

21 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Next fight: Arden (Genealogy) vs Draug (Shadow Dragon)

At a massive wedding of Marth and Caeda, some games are being played. A test of strength is being showcased as Draug issues an open challenge to any guests. Arden agrees to duel. Who wins?

PS: Feel free to suggest anymore interesting match-ups!

So Arden starts off with swords, but gets access to lances, axes and bows all at once on promotion. They could have thrown him a bone and given him one extra item at tier 1 😕 Draug meanwhile, at least in Shadow Dragon, starts with lances and gains bows. Well since they both have bows, let's make this a ranged duel for the sake of fairness. If Draug wins then we can try a battle with Arden using an axe against him.

Physical Silver Bow 12             90     5
Arden 58 31 0 11 13 9 29 6 26.5 24 10 0
Draug 59 20 0 24 26 17 34 7 56.5 47.5 20.5 16.6
Physical Silver Bow 12             90     5

So because Genealogy hates Armoured units, Arden doesn't even get movement on promotion. So Draug has priority.

Draug 100%hit    12% crit

Arden  69% hit    0% crit

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Draug struck dealing 3 damage!

Arden counter attacks dealing 9 damage!

Draug attacks again dealing 3 damage!

Draug HP = 50

Arden HP = 52

ROUND 2

Arden struck dealing 9 damage!

Draug counter attacks dealing 3 damage!

Arden HP = 46

Draug HP = 41

ROUND 3

Draug HP = 32

Arden HP = 40

ROUND 4

Arden missed!

Arden HP = 34

Draug HP = 32

ROUND 5

Draug HP = 23

Arden HP = 28

ROUND 6

Arden HP = 22

Draug HP = 14

ROUND 7

Boom! Critical! Draug dealt 9 damage!

Draug HP = 5

Arden HP = 10

ROUND 8

Arden HP = 10

Draug is dead.

Oh wow. Well that was an absolute slug fest. Eight rounds before HP could be whittled down enough. These two are definitely armoured knights. First point of discussion is that Arden is bloody blind. I guess I never noticed because in Genealogy he wields swords, and also he never fights. But sheesh, this guy has such a ridiculous handicap with his low movement, they could have at least given him decent stats, but he has the second lowest skill in the army. The lowest is the dancer. Average skill for Gen 1 Holy War characters is 19.6, Arden's skill is 8.7, half of the average. Brigid has over three times his skill. So that is obviously hampering Arden a lot. He has a 69% hit rate. Fortunately he is doing more damage each turn despite Draug doubling him. So he has that in his favor. And Arden did manage to win this simulated battle. However he did get much luckier than he should really be with only a single miss out of eight attacks. By rights he should be missing one in ever three hits. Draug also has a crit rate. However he did Crit here, and he was still 4 more attacks (two rounds of combat) away from actually killing Arden. So Arden is tanky enough to weather another miss or two and still get the kill. So it looks like it could go either way.

In terms of skills, we need only look at Arden as Draug doesn't have any. So obviously that would weigh in his favor. His skills are Vantage, which is only going to have any real use if it comes down to the final round of combat and either one could kill the other. He does however get Great Shield on promotion, which would massively push the rng in his direction as he'd be negating a third of Draug's attacks.

Regarding Arden's weapon triangle control, honestly I don't think it's helping him here. His hit is so pathetically low that he has to stick to bows or swords to up his chances of hitting. And if he uses swords Draug can actually get WTA over him. So bows are his best option. Draug likewise will want to use bows as swapping to lances gives Arden the chance to get Weapon Triangle advantage with a stronger weapon, which might give him more hit. If people are interested I guess I could simulate a battle where each round they swap to a weapon the other can't counter attack (so say Draug opens with a lance on Arden equipped with a sword by default, Arden attacks with an axe on his turn with WTA, Draug swaps to a bow and attacks without counter, Arden swaps to a bow for accuracy, Draug swaps to a lance to avoid a counter attack, Arden then attacks lance with WTA etc). But only if people are interested in seeing how something crazy like that could work out.

8 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Ok next fight:

Mathilda (Echoes) vs Titania (POR/RD)

While on mission in Valentia, Titania saves a village from bandits. However, Mathilda of the Deliverance arrives and mistakes Titania as a bandit (because she is wielding axes). They duel. Who wins?

FCvLbrt.jpg

Okay. Matilda doesn't come with any weapon in her own games due to being a prisoner. I think she might have a Blessed Lance in the DLC though....Yep. She does. So that's what I'm giving her. Giving Shadows of Valentia units my default Silver Weapons just doesn't work, because they all have a Con of 0 and the weapons are much too heavy for them. Titania is going to go with a Silver Axe though as she has no associated weapon. This is Radiant Dawn Titania by the way.

Physical Blessed Lance 5             95   15 0
Mathilda 52 26 19 30 33 32 21 21 76 65.5 31 0
Titania 45 27 19 28 27 16 20 14 64 48.5 22 34
Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14

Matilda is a Skogul, so she has 10 move over Titania's 9 and thus initiative.

Matilda has 100% hit and...oh wow 30% crit.

Titania has 83.5% hit and 0% crit.

Since there is no Weapon Triangle in Matilda's game, I've given Tatiana WTA, but have not given Matilda WTD.

ROUND 1

Mathilda struck dealing 11 damage!

Titania counter attacks dealing 20 damage!

Boom! Critical! Mathilda dealt 33 damage!

Mathilda HP = 32

Titania HP = 1

ROUND 2

Titania struck dealing 20 damage!

Mathilda counter attacks dealing 11 damage!

Titania is dead.

Mathilda HP = 12

So Tatiana hits harder, but Matilda hits faster and has a massive crit rate for only 15% crit rate on her weapon. I reckon this is because Matilda's Luck is so much higher than Tatiana. So let's make this a double. I chose Radiant Dawn Titania because she has general higher stats, but her luck is higher in Path of Radiance. So let's see how she holds up using those stats.

Physical Blessed Lance 5             95   15 0
Mathilda 52 26 19 30 33 32 21 21 76 65.5 31 0
Titania 47 20 14 24 24 23 17 13 59.5 47.5 23.5 20.55
Physical Silver Axe 14             70     14

Now Matilda has 100% hit   23% crit

Titania has 79% hit  0% crit

Matilda still has initiative 

ROUND 1

Mathilda struck dealing 14 damage!

Titania counter attacks dealing 13 damage!

Boom! Critical! Mathilda dealt 42 damage!

Mathilda HP = 39

Titania is dead.

Okay, so Titania's increased Path of Radiance luck reduces Matilda's crit some what, but now her reduced attack and defense means she simply can't contend with Matilda doubling her. Matilda is the clear winner here. It's odd because she never seemed all that strong for me in game. Though I should note that my Shadows of Valentia stats take into account their over class and full levels, this lets a lot more characters hit their caps, so it makes characters weaker in their game stronger, and stronger characters like Alm weaker. Perhaps I should replace those stats though as it isn't really indicative of trends in the game playing naturally.

I'm also proud to announce I have Awakening stats available now too if anyone has requests for that game.

37 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Who would win Mia or Lucina? 

Ooo... Tough one, that. Mia's Adept+Astra+20 Crit or Lucina's Aether+RK.

I'd lean more towards Mia wining, 'cause she has more chancy damage boosts. Past, that though...

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Who would win Mia or Lucina? 

Okay, before I get into this I'll just mention how I've made changes to Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Previously I was taking the stats of laguz units as transformed and untransformed, but I noticed that Radiant Dawn characters seemed to always be unilaterally more powerful than their Path of Radiance counter part, which shouldn't be the case. Except for in the one case of Luck where Path of Radiance characters always had a higher stat in. I came to the realization that the difference in laguz mechanics was causing it. In Path of Radiance transformed laguz just gain a few extra points in a stat, while in Radiant Dawn their stats are doubled. This causes untransformed laguz to be far, far weaker than their transformed counter parts in Radiant Dawn. So since all units are far, far stronger than untransformed laguz, they're all above average. IN addition I was also doubling transformed laguz luck stats, which doesn't actually change in Radiant Dawn, so all units had a luck stat far below the average as a result that. So now the lucks tats have been readjusted and untransformed laguz have been removed from the averages calculations. But enough with that technical stuff. Radiant Dawn Mia is still slightly stronger than Path of Radiance Mia in the stats that count, so I'll be using her with the Vague Katti. Lucina will get her Parallel Falchion. Bit unfair as the Parallel Falchion is a mid game weapon while Vague Katti is an endgame one, but that's what Lucina gets for being unable to wield Exalted Falchion in gameplay even though there's no canon reason she can't. Also Lucina's Mother is Robin.

Physical Vague Katti 20         3   95 5   10
Mia 43 23 13 28 30 20 17 10 66 55 24 31
Lucina 51 29 13 29 29 24 20 12 70 55.5 26.5 NA
Physical Parallel Falchion 12             80   5  

Mia has priority 7 move vs 6. Mia also has a 20% crit boost.

Mia has 100% hit and 20% crit

Lucina has 90% hit and 12% crit

ROUND 1

Mia struck dealing 23 damage!

Lucina counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Mia HP = 22

Lucina HP = 28

ROUND 2

Lucina uses the Parallel Falchion to restore 20HP

Lucina HP = 48.

Mia HP = 22

ROUND 3

Mia struck dealing 23 damage!

Lucina counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Mia HP = 1

Lucina HP = 25

ROUND 4

Lucina struck dealing 21 damage!

Mia is dead.

Lucina HP = 25

So I ragged on Parallel Falchion being a mid game weapon against Vague Katti here, but it's uncommonly used effect to act like a Vulnerary really helped her out here. The two fighters are pretty evenly matched, but Mia can only hope for a crit when Lucina is negating 90% of the damage she inflicts. And she's only likely to pull that off 1 in 5 attacks. While Lucina only needs three attacks to finish things. She could even whiff one with her 90% hit and, in terms of the odds, be pretty safe healing again without Mia critting.

Now of course Mia's main strength comes from proccing things, so let's have a look at that. Her crit bonus has already been factored in here, plus Astra gives her 34% chance of dealing extra damage. She also has Adept giving her 30% chance of attacking again. Mia only gets two attacks in the above scenario, so it's likely for her to proc something, but not guaranteed. If she does Proc Adept though she is statistically guaranteed to also proc astra or a crit as adept allows for them in Radiant Dawn, I believe.

On the other hand Lucina, she has a 14.5% chance of proccing Aether, plus 10% from Rightful King putting her to 24.5% The other skills she gets access to, Dual Strike+ and Charm are pretty useless to her in a 1 on 1 battle. So as we can see the rng weighs very much in Mia's favor here. Though she stills needs a crit or an astra to take Lucina down as an adept proc without either of them Lucina can tank and heal without risk of death. Unless she procs adept twice on both of her attacks. All in all with skills I think Mia has the edge.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:15 PM, defensedefumer said:

While on mission in Valentia, Titania saves a village from bandits. However, Mathilda of the Deliverance arrives and mistakes Titania as a bandit (because she is wielding axes). They duel. Who wins?

Clive, because he gets to watch.

22 minutes ago, defensedefumer said:

Ok how about Robin (Awakening) vs Corrin (Fates)?

So, Corrin gets some cool treats to their name. Namely, Dragonstones and the Yato. If it's the Omega Yato, then they get pretty good boosts on both sides. As for combat, Nohr Noble is probably the better one, for access to tomes. But Hoshido Noble could use Enfeeble, I suppose.

Still, Robin definitely has tome access, and they come from the game with better tomes. If Robin goes Sorceror for Nosferatu, then they win without question. But even as a Grandmaster, I would favor Robin winning.

Robin vs Corrin? Counting reclassing, Robin. Any skill they so please, they shall have. Not counting reclassing, Corrin. Better skills in their class.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

So, Corrin gets some cool treats to their name. Namely, Dragonstones and the Yato. If it's the Omega Yato, then they get pretty good boosts on both sides. As for combat, Nohr Noble is probably the better one, for access to tomes. But Hoshido Noble could use Enfeeble, I suppose.

Still, Robin definitely has tome access, and they come from the game with better tomes. If Robin goes Sorceror for Nosferatu, then they win without question. But even as a Grandmaster, I would favor Robin winning.

Nohr Noble is strait better, unless you count the other Status Staves (Hex, Silence). Draconic Hex is why. Why waste time enfeebling when you do that passively.

7 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Ok how about Robin (Awakening) vs Corrin (Fates)?

Seems the fair way of doing this would be to have Sword vs Sword and Tome vs Dragon Stone. Someone said Nohr Noble is outright better because of Draconic Hex, this is no doubt true (well without logbook importing skills), but in a system with no skills, Hoshido Noble is more strength focused while Nohr Noble is more magic focused. So Corrin shall be acting appropriately with Hoshido Noble for the sword battle and Nohr Noble for the magic battle. For the sake of pronouns I'm just going to refer to both of them as male.

In terms of weapons, Hoshido Noble Corrin is set with Omega Yato and Norh Noble has an Dragonstone+. Robin is a little less set on weapons. His most iconic weapon would probably be a generic Thoron, so he'll use that for magic. In terms of Swords he starts with a steel sword in Premonition, but we can upgrade that to a silver sword. There is also the Levin Sword, his sword of choice in Super Smash Bros., but that would kind of defy the whole idea of contesting both their strength and magic. So, nothing but a Silver Sword it is. But since they're both not using generic weapons, I'll at least make it Awakening's own version of the Silver Sword. Both these avatar characters have neutral stats, so no boons or banes.

Both units have the same movement stat (6), so for the swords they'll take turns with initiative with two battles (unless there is a clear and definite winner who would win regardless, which I suspect Corrin might be with how powerful Omega Yato is). For magic, Robin will have initative due to having 1-2 range over Corrin.

Physical Omega Yato 20     4 10 4 4 85 10 10 0
Corrin (Hoshido Noble) 54 27 20 26 24 23 21 9 63.5 47.5 24.5 NA
Robin 45 25 28 20 21 19 18 13 49.5 41 19.5 NA
Physical Silver Sword (Awa) 11             85      

Yeah. I don't see this going well for Robin. Corrin has higher strength, speed and defense along with a far, far better weapon. Oh well, let's send them out to battle and see what happens. We'll let Robin go first.

Robin has a hit rate of 77% and a crit rate of 0%.

Corrin has a hit rate of 100% and crit rate of 16%

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Robin missed!

Corrin (Hoshido Noble) counter attacks dealing 29 damage!

Corrin (Hoshido Noble) attacks again dealing 29 damage!

Robin is dead.

Corrin (Hoshido Noble) HP = 54

Yep. That went pretty much as expected. If Robin managed to land a hit he would have dealt 11 damage. Let's see how he fairs using the weapon type he's more famous for.

Magical Dragonstone+ (Fates)   25 -5 -4 10 9 7 75 -10 0 0
Corrin (Nohr Noble) 53 25 23 24 24 21 19 12 58.5 46.5 22.5 NA
Robin 45 25 28 20 21 19 18 13 49.5 41 19.5 NA
Magical Thoron (Awa)   14           65   10  

Robin has 78% hit and 0% crit.

Corrin has 92.5% hit and 4% crit.

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Robin struck dealing 23 damage!

Robin HP = 45

Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 30

ROUND 2

Corrin (Nohr Noble) struck dealing 35 damage!

Robin counter attacks dealing 23 damage!

Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 7

Robin HP = 10

ROUND 3

Robin struck dealing 23 damage!

Robin HP = 10

Corrin (Nohr Noble) is dead.

So 1-2 range is obviously winning the day for Robin here. Dragonstone+ has some serious damage output, but when Robin can pick him off from afar it becomes very wanting. Well I have the stats up, let's see how Corrin fares if he's also using a tome. For the sake of balance we'll have him borrow a copy of Robin's Thoron.

Corrin 82.50% hit  14 crit%

Robin 68.00% hit 9% crit

Spoiler

ROUND 1

Corrin (Nohr Noble) struck dealing 24 damage!

Robin counter attacks dealing 30 damage!

Corrin (Nohr Noble) HP = 23

Robin HP = 21

ROUND 2

Robin struck dealing 30 damage!

Robin HP = 21

Corrin (Nohr Noble) is dead.

And if Robin has initiative

ROUND 1

Robin struck dealing 30 damage!

Corrin (Nohr Noble) counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Robin HP = 21

ROUND 2

Corrin (Nohr Noble) struck dealing 24 damage!

Robin is dead.

So this one is a matter of the first to act dies. Though with a slight edge to Corrin as he has the higher hit rate. Robin, being the tactical genius he is, probably perceives this, points it out leaving both of them reluctant to act only to finally agree to settle things with a drink at a bar.

Bottom line, Corrin is the stronger unit. And this sort of does sit right with me. Robin has a reputation as a game breaker, but I think that's more down to how easy it is to gain levels for your Avatar in Awakening due to Veteran and the ability to access almost any class and skill. Which is a massive benefit in a game with infinite levelling.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, L3xandr3 said:

So, trailing off of the Siegebert Vs Seliph fight earlier, what of Sigurd Vs Xander?

Physical Siegfried 11         4   80 10 5 0
Xander 58 29 5 23 19 27 26 10 59.5 42 25 NA
Sigurd 61 32 0 27 22 27 23 6 67.5 46.5 27 0
Physical Tyrfing 30   10 10     20 80     7

Sigurd has initative.

Xander has 93%hit  and 3%crit

Sigurd has 95%hit and 0%crit

ROUND 1

Sigurd struck dealing 32 damage!

Xander counter attacks dealing 17 damage!

Sigurd attacks again dealing 32 damage!

Sigurd HP = 44

Xander is dead.

Well the father doesn't hold up much better than the son. Stat for stat they're pretty even with Xander trailing a little behind in most stats but leading in defense, which is pretty important (and well Res too which is irrelevant). But Holy Weapons be broken as all shit.

Regarding skills, Sigurd's skills frankly suck as all he has is Pursuit which just let's him do what any unit in the series outside his game can do naturally. Xander has it better, but not by a whole lot will deal 3 more damage due to elbow room and receive 2 less damage on Sigurd's first hit and will deal 2 more damage on his second due to Chivalry. This sounds pretty insignificant, and well it is, but it actually comes really close to letting him survive one round of combat as Sigurd would be dealing 62 damage and Xander has 61HP. And he could hit that bench mark if he has someone paired up with him due to stat gains from Defender. Course surviving one round of combat doesn't really help much when you're being doubled and deal less damage per attack anyway.