What if Kirby could copy all four Specials at once?

Lord_Brand

An idea just occurred to me: What if, in SSB6, Kirby's Inhale special allows him to copy not just the inhaled fighter's Neutral Special but all four Specials at once? Like say he copies Mario; now he gets not only Mario's Fireball but also the Super Cape, FLUDD, and Jump Uppercut. His Olimar/Alph copy no longer has to segue Pikmin Pluck into Pikmin Throw because he copies both as well as Winged Pikmin and Pikmin Order. Way I see it, overwriting all four of his Specials isn't that big a leap over overwriting one.

Dont the fighter files have some sort of limit to them? I'm pretty sure Kirby's would explode, that or the game would lag/slowdown alot considering what the game would all have to run.

Legit sounds pretty cool, though. In some cases wouldnt make much sense, though.

Boost kicking Kirby sounds absurd in my head! XD

That'd be a cool revamp idea and really solidify Kirby's place as the "copycat" fighter archetype. I always thought it was random that Kirby has three of his copy abilities in his Side B, Up B, and Down B, but he doesn't take on the appearance of those or earn those powers in any way. None of those three are particularly exciting draws from the Kirby series either. Meanwhile if you shrink him down to his A moves, it's all punches and kicks and honestly he's a pretty well rounded design with just those. So what if all of kirby's base special moves were different variations on inhale to make it easier to suck somebody up. And the kirby player's goal is to "collect special moves" from their opponent. It make's for a good dynamic where Kirby may want to suck up the other guy just to have more recovery options when his damage percentage is high.

furthermore, if there's a move you think Kirby oughtn't have due to some balancing (imagine Kirby's Up Air string into Samus' Screw Attack. Oof) or programming concern, they can just replace it with a copy ability move that would fit. For instance with Rosalina, they didn't just give Kirby a Luma to use, so they made up a new move for his copy ability. But what if in instances like that they gave him something from Beam Kirby's moveset? Just a thought. This would all take a lot of work since special moves are the most complicated in the game to implement just right, but Kirby's been begging for a moveset update in the last few years. And honestly a lot of veterans need to feel more authentically like the games they come from. These new DLC guys get to have all the fun.

Edited by Glennstavos

• 1 month later...