Salutations

Dervos

Hello there fellow Fire Emblem aficionados(the dictionary strikes again!)

I am a  32 year college graduate(Hospitality Management, so useful *eye rolls*) (2010) working in a distribution center as a forklift driver(we do what we gotta and I actually like it quite a bit much to other people's consternation I'm sure)

I been reading this website for....jeez I don't even know how long now.

I can't remember how I first found the website, probably got linked in gamefaqs when I was more active over there, then again I have not been active in over a decade.

I always felt a little out of my depth but interested in all of the deeper discussion surrounding the games, theories about story and character elements; not to mention game mechanics and how the game has evolved.

I think Alastor15243's series playthrough was finally what pushed me over, I was aware of it last year but only really started reading it a few months ago, I can't recommend it enough, the author is thoughtful, entertaining, and the surrounding discussion and contribution by other members has all been fantastic.

My personal history with Fire Emblem, I don't remember the exact day but there was a issue of Nintendo power talking this Fire Emblem series that we were going to get on the Game Boy Advance in the states.

Blazing blade was my first game and I also played Sacred Stones, somehow completely missed 9(POR) until I owned a Wii in college because I purchased both at the same time. I played the shadow dragon remake on the DS and Awakening on the 3ds.

I played Conquest and my wife played Birthright which we swapped after finishing.

I played Shadows of Valentia but never finished it, it was a interesting and very different experience I remember messing my run up because of my refusal to play with a proper number of characters, got frustrated and didn't want to start over and left it unfinished.

Fire Emblem Three Houses was the game I needed to make the plunge on a Nintendo Switch, and I am still actively playing it.

I no longer have a gba, ds, 3ds, gamecube or a wii, but I also slowly over time lost interest in playing the games again at a certain point. I don't regret not keeping them however, satisfied with what I got from them, I will however have to see if they ever released a album for the soundtracks, because that music REALLY sticks to you. Hell I still hum fire emblem music and other games while working.

I was really disappointed when didn't get Binding Blade on the GBA or New Mystery on the 3ds. I probably won't play the other games unless they get some kind of remake or Nintendo decides to release them digitally for other audiences like they did previously for Japan only. Although after seeing the playthrough I may stay away after all, I very much appreciate the progress the series has made, I don't think I would have the patience for the predecessors.

If I did get one game though it would be Binding Blade, I think the current trend of 3d models is serviceable but I really prefer the charm and style of the pixel art the handheld's used; drawn illustration's for character portraits. Thinking about it though, I wonder how much enjoyment and view would have been affected on the series if North America had received Binding Blade as it's first game rather than Blazing sword.

Whew that was longer than I imagined, but I think I got it all out. Thank you for your patience in my self indulgence, it's great to finally join the Serenes Forest community

Welcome to the Forest, Dervos!

1 hour ago, Dervos said:

Thinking about it though, I wonder how much enjoyment and view would have been affected on the series if North America had received Binding Blade as it's first game rather than Blazing sword.

We would have been battle harden. Like everything that get thrown at us later on would just slide off of us. Ahaha.

1 hour ago, Dervos said:

Whew that was longer than I imagined, but I think I got it all out. Thank you for your patience in my self indulgence, it's great to finally join the Serenes Forest community

No, thank you for taking the time to write this much.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

• 4 weeks later...

"for what it's worth"? ..Ft. Worth TX confirmed? Sorry, that was dumb. Yes I know where the door is. 

That's quite an impressive FE résumé you have there. I too prefer the hand drawn battle animations of the GBA era, although the character portraits have come a long way. On an unrelated note, I would pay arms and legs for a localized Binding Blade release. Not my arms and legs of course, somebody else's. What? Blood coming from my trunk? Oh, that's just for Halloween! From one aficionado to another, welcome to the big leafy sticks.