The “would you rather have in Smash” game

Perkilator

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

As cool as a MMO rep would be, having that be a player character would be anticlimactic. So... Cecil Harvey.

Camelot Software rep. WYR have:

A) Waluigi

B) Isaac (Golden Sun)

C) Max (Shining Force)

Isaac. If Ring Fit Adventure never got a Vol. 2 Spirit Event and Ring Fit Trainee was a fighter, WYR it be during Vol. 2 or the next game?

Next game. (I was going to pick Waluigi earlier, but I had to get to work.)

WYR the next Smash game be:

• A deluxe version of SSB64 with a lot more fighters, stages, music, and other content
  • SSB6 with expanded fighter customization

SSB6 with expanded fighter customization. Namely, earnable gear and costumes like in Injustice 2 would be so very cool - just have the option to normalize fighters for competitive.

WYR have:

A) An endlessly replayable randomly generated dungeon crawler & platformer mode

B) A mini game selection akin to Pokemon Stadium

C) Break the targets

A) An endlessly replayable randomly generated dungeon crawler & platformer mode.

-------

WYR have:

A) An HD Smash collection, including 64, Melee, and Brawl, sold at $60, but with a bunch of extra content like galleries, trailers, soundtracks, etc.

B) Those same games released separately on the eShop for a lesser individual price, but without any extra content.

HD Collection please! I at least have never been one to care about price.

---------------------------------------------

(A Smash Show!) WYR have...

1) Animated shorts akin to the Pikmin shorts, showing fighters going about their lives and the shenanigans that happen.
2) Animated shorts more akin to Pokemon youtube shorts (Origins, Generations, Twilight Wings), telling one larger story split into multiple smaller stories.
3) A full-on anime or show, not guaranteed to match the quality of the above two options but holding far larger ambitions.

Animated shorts. Smash is, at its core, all about wacky crossover battles. Yeah, they give us Classic and Adventure Modes to provide us with more ambitious narratives, but I think individual shorts that focus on various battle scenarios would be the most fun to watch. It'd be like Looney Tunes, where you have two or more characters pitted against each other under various circumstances. That said, all three could honestly work, because they pretty much describe Versus, Classic, and Adventure in a nutshell.

WYR have:

• A larger number of fighters with similar movesets (not strictly Echos, but like Luigi, Falco, etc.)
  • A smaller number of fighters with multiple movesets (like a FLUDD moveset for Mario, a Longsword moveset for Link, etc.)
Edited by Lord_Brand

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, Lord_Brand said:

WYR have:

• A larger number of fighters with similar movesets (not strictly Echos, but like Luigi, Falco, etc.)
  • A smaller number of fighters with multiple movesets (like a FLUDD moveset for Mario, a Longsword moveset for Link, etc.)

The bolded. At first I wanted to do the second, because I enjoyed custom movesets in Sm4sh. But then I realized, the most important part (IMO) is bringing together a wide character base. Although, they should figure out a better way to present and organize the character select screen.

Anyway, would you rather get:

A) stages where you only get one song, but it's your favorite; or

B) stages where you can choose between dozens of songs, but they're missing your favorite.

Ooh, that's sadistic. Favorite song only, or a variety of songs but not my favorite? Well, I tend to like multiple songs, so I'll go with A.

As an aside, I think Smash 6 (or SSBU, in an update) could do with the ability to reorganize the roster in different ways: Series, Number, Name, or Custom.

WYR have:

• Three Assist Trophies of your choice become playable fighters
  • One Spirit of your choice that isn't already an Assist Trophy become a playable fighter

20 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Ooh, that's sadistic. Favorite song only, or a variety of songs but not my favorite? Well, I tend to like multiple songs, so I'll go with A.

As an aside, I think Smash 6 (or SSBU, in an update) could do with the ability to reorganize the roster in different ways: Series, Number, Name, or Custom.

WYR have:

• Three Assist Trophies of your choice become playable fighters
  • One Spirit of your choice that isn't already an Assist Trophy become a playable fighter

Three Assist Trophies (Shadow, Ghirahim and Lyn)

WYR have:

• Meowth instead of Jigglypuff (all the way back to 64 onwards)
  • Scizor instead of Pichu (all the way back to Melee and back in Ultimate)
  • Mimikyu instead of Incineroar

Meowth instead of Jigglypuff.

WYR:

• Cut one fighter from each series that has two or more in return for adding that many fighters from series not yet represented in Smash by fighters? (Example: Cut Byleth in favor of, say, Shantae or Crash Bandicoot)
  • Add a fighter to each series that has two or more, in return for cutting that many fighters from series where that fighter is the only playable representative? (Example: Add a new Zelda fighter in exchange for cutting Shulk)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 10:46 PM, Lord_Brand said:

Cut one fighter from each series that has two or more in return for adding that many fighters from series not yet represented in Smash by fighters? (Example: Cut Byleth in favor of, say, Shantae or Crash Bandicoot)

this, a hundred thousand times this

WYR:
- all of the remaining FP2 DLC Fighters to be 1st party characters from series you know you like, but which already have 5+ fighters in Smash (ex. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario,...)
or
- all of the remaining FP2 DLC Fighters to be 3rd party characters from series you might not feel anything about or even downright dislike, but which are not yet represented in Smash with a playable fighter (ex. Monster Hunter, Nier, God of War,...)

12 minutes ago, Yexin said:

this, a hundred thousand times this

WYR:
- all of the remaining FP2 DLC Fighters to be 1st party characters from series you know you like, but which already have 5+ fighters in Smash (ex. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario,...)
or
- all of the remaining FP2 DLC Fighters to be 3rd party characters from series you might not feel anything about or even downright dislike, but which are not yet represented in Smash with a playable fighter (ex. Monster Hunter, Nier, God of War,...)

The former.

WYR (bit of a text wall here):

• Replace Jigglypuff with Meowth
  • Replace Dr. Mario with Ayumi Tachibana
  • Replace Pichu with Scizor
  • Replace Greninja with Snivy
  • Replace Corrin with Azura
  • Replace Chrom with Alm
  • Replace Incineroar with Mimikyu
  • Replace Byleth with Edelgard

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

Eight fighters each from a different series you like

this: what i love about Smash is diversity

WYR have:
- an obscure character you love but everyone else hates from a popular series everyone loves, yourself included
or
- the most popular character everyone loves but you hate from a popular series everyone loves, yourself included

Edited by Yexin

An obscure character, easy. I tend to pick favorites either way so that would work for me.

WYR have:

Less pallete options but more customized alts (I.E masked Marth, Great Lord Chrom, etc.)

Or many more pallete choices? (16 or so maybe?)

• 2 weeks later...