Three houses iron man runs

Atano

Over the last few months, I have been doing some ironman runs of FE: Three houses.

I have seen a lot of people saying that it is one of the worst FE games to iron man. I can agree to some degree with the arguments people make, but this game gives you a lot of utilities that the previous games do not have. Gambits like Impregnable wall or Blessing makes it a lot easier and safer to iron man than I imagined. Dodge tanking is also a reliable way in this game if you are willing to sacrifice your dancer.

First, I needed a set of rules. Obviously resetting and Divine Pulse were not allowed.  I decided to ignore all the DLC content like DLC stat boosters, DLC missions, etc. and see how it goes.

In my first BL run, I used the following set of rules: 

• Game over ends the run
  • No resetting
  • No Divine Pulse.
  • No DLC missions: E.g. Feeding animals tutorial, Teatime with Rhea etc...
  • No DLC items. E.g Vajra-Mushti, Chalice of Beginnings, DLC Stat boosters, Renown, etc...
  • No DLC classes.
  • No DLC Aux battles (yellow aux battles)
  • No NG+
  • No Anna or Ashen Wolfs recruitment (Anna's secret shop is allowed, main story mission)
  • Maddening difficulty
  • (In my later runs, I also turn off the online features which makes EXP distribution a bit more important in the early game.)

Here is a list of all my iron man runs so far. I have streamed everything, including monastery, tutoring, aux battles and paralogues. The following links are reddit posts where I describe my teams and listed every mission that I did in the runs.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun doing those runs but I still have some things that I want to improve. Using aux battles makes it easy to get abilities like Hit+20, Death blow, etc. in the early game which makes the whole run a lot easier. My final goal is an iron man run where I don't use aux battles at all. 

But currently, we're doing a PMU Golden deer iron man run on my channel.

Has anyone of you tried to ironman Three houses and what was your experience with it?

Honestly I've just never tried an ironman at all, for any game in the series. I have a massive amount of respect for anybody who does it consistently. Especially for a game as brutal for it as 3H is (gambits and stuff like that aside). So props for finishing that many runs.

Technically speaking, pretty much all my runs have been iron man runs, since I've hardly had any game overs or restarts in my 15+ runs. However, I do often use the divine pulse, but that's officially not an iron man rule? =P

I even did a normal mode, autoplay run that was technically iron man. (I was only allowed to move Byleth, rest of the team I could only give orders through autoplay.) But that was way too easy, I should try that again on hard mode. (Though I'll keep using Divine Pulse because I like the mechanic.)