Special Heroes: Dragons Harvest

Jave

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I doubt they're going to treat it as All Saints'/All Souls' Day and offer a moment of respect to Dheg or those now deceased of long ago.

Aw man, reading this now I'd really REALLY want to see them ditching Halloween for once (pft, yeah right) and do something like, say, a Day of the Dead banner instead. Or use a DotD inspired costume. Like a Catrina.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, looks like they've officially canonized the "wrong" spelling of Deghinsea, so he's officially Dheginsea now. Not a huge deal, just thought I mentioned that.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Young Tiki being red is kind of annoying. Is she allergic to other breath colors or something? I remember when some version of Tiki was the only option for red breath. And then (thank goodness) Garon became playable.

Are you talking about Harmonized Tiki because she is a blue unit, not red.

Though now that I look at the units again both Grima and Tiki are basically their Legendary versions but with Gen 5 BST and skills.

Edited by NSSKG151

I certainly didn't expect most of this lineup. Tiki + Ninian is nice, although Ninian definitely should have been the lead character. I'm not happy that Female Robin is AGAIN Grima instead of something different. Ena, Dragon King Hard Spelled Name, and Xane are interesting and welcome additions.

13 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Dragons can't learn Armored Stride, so poor Dheg's out of luck there.

Meanwhile, beasts (aka just Caineghis at this point) can get Armored Stride because IS decided at some point that dragons are never allowed to have nice things (like Galeforce, which beasts can also get).

I think it has something to do with the breath attacks targeting res. Something something hitting res too powerful I don't know

30 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Are you talking about Harmonized Tiki because she is a blue unit, not red.

Though now that I look at the units again both Grima and Tiki are basically their Legendary versions but with Gen 5 BST and skills.

Whoops. How did I misremember that? No qualms about a blue dragonstone Tiki. ... Though that also means yet another blue Ninian. >_< At least she works well with her bro, I guess, with that harmonic skill.

@Sunwoo

Soooo because they target res, armored stride would be too powerful. ... Yeah, no monsters targetting def are a cakewalk; good thing this can't go on res-targetters. /sarcasm.

Though in all seriousness, that's fine, I guess. IS can do what IS wants to. I suppose Deghinsea will have to just go on a team with armored stride or something. It shouldn't matter if her starts the turn next to an ally -- what matters is when he attacks, right?

Edited by Mercakete

Well that name's a spoiler.

Anyways, first is F!Grima? She's a green flyer with Moonless Breath (DC, if unit is in 2 spaces of an ally and deals damage with a special restores 30% of max HP, adaptive), Noontime, Dragonscale (Null flying effectiveness, if foe initiates or if foe has 100% HP at combat start, foe gets -6 Atk/Res and unit gets SC+1 from foes attack), Dragon's Ire 3 (If unit has > 49% HP and foe initiates, neutralises effects that prenent unit's followup and makes a guaranteed followup) and Goad Dragons (OF COURSE SHE POWECREPT HER LEGENDARY VERSION). Next is Xane (Xane!), who's a colourless tome infantry with Jokers Wild (HP+ 5, Units stats = highest stat on allies within 2 spaces, including if it's lower than Xane's), Reposition, Atk/Res Form and Infantry Hexblade (Please be the demote). Then it's Dheginsea (This is not the way I expected him to arrive..... Thanks Feh OCs), who's a Red Armour with Blackfire Breath+ (If no ally next to unir, inflicts Atk/Res -5 on foe and neutralises foe's bonuses to those stats), Draconic Aura, Sturdy Stance 3 and Slick Fighter 3 (If unit has > 24% HP and foe initiates, neutralises penalties and makes a followup), who makes a real impact with that mad sprite when transformed. Finally it's Ninian and Y!Tiki (Does Tiki have a new VA?), who are a Blue, Flying dragon with Frostfire Breath (Dragon effectiveness, Atk +3, if unit buffed, gets Atk/Spd +6 in combat as well as bonus damage of unit's buffs to Def/Res * 1.5 (So +15 every time. IS got no chill)), Rally Up Spd+ (Really, new? That is a long time), Atk/Spd Push 4, Aerobatics 3 and With Everyone! The Harmonised skill Atk/Spd +4 during combat and dances a unit within two spaces (OK, that's pretty good) and I didn't let it sink in, but ti can refresh a dancer. I don't know if that's as terrifying as all that, but it's happened. Meanwhile, Ena is a free Red Dragon, so we've got that going for us.

Vampire Dheginsea, never thought I'd see the day. Also, guess they're going to act like manaketes in this game? Weird... but it's less of a headache. Some real tools for dragons to work with here too.

so, uhm... i'm kinda mixed about this banner

i love that Xane and Deghinsea are finally in the game at all, plus Ena as well, really happy about this

but i'm crying bloody tears because Deghinsea debuted as a seasonal unit and doesn't even have a prf weapon, and i'm tired of Tiki (never been a huge fan, but she's constantly getting under my skin more and more); also, Halloween Fallen Female Robin... seriously? an alt of an of an alt? so what's next, christmas fallen male corrin? are we really getting this low, IS?

anyway, i'm skipping this banner, although i'd love to +10 Xane

Edited by Yexin

I am very excited for this banner. My main target is Tiki & Ninian, but I will summon in some colorless orbs. I always try for the 4* focus hero in these special banners anyway.

Even though I would also like Adult Tiki, I am glad she is not here. It would mean another Awakening Harmonized Hero, and... no thanks.

I would like Dheginsea for his weapon to Nowi, but... I will try in a circle without blue or colorless orbs.

Kinda sad that Ena doesn't have the same weapon... while Dheginsea has the Pirate banner weapon, Ena has the Spring banner weapon. It's still good, though.

Also, they did what I expected for the dragon laguz: they are just dragon units, like the others.

8 hours ago, Nym said:

Oh boy dragon Null Follow up? Can dragon armors learn this I wonder?

Oh, definitely. The potential gamebreaking of Dragon armors aside, I like that Dragons are getting new abilities.

8 hours ago, indigoasis said:

actually wait hol up

They did kinda implement a copy ability with his weapon. It gives him a boost based on the buffs of other allies. He's also a colorless tome, which is nice!

Actually it just replaces his current stats with the highest stats of his allies (so if his stats are higher they decrease instead).

8 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Tiki back at it again with the funny noises. I'm surprised that they are giving a Colorless Tome as a 4* this soon, and he's the first unit to get +HP from their weapon?

I think he is! And Tiki's noises are adorable...though I agree Ninian should have been the lead.

As for the banner as a whole:

• I can't believe they've canonized "Grima is a dork". I know FEH isn't canon per se, but there's a huge difference between making Grima comic relief in comics and in-game. Also, she got a buffed version of L!Grima's Dragonskin.
  • Xane! This was an interesting spin on the cloning ability, though I suspect he debuted here because IS wants this alt to be a trial run for his actual appearance. It's odd that his weapon doesn't come with Close Counter to better make him an "everyman" type build, but again: trial run. Him being the 4* is interesting, but it makes sense considering how weak his kit is.
  • Dragon Laguz are Dragonbreath users. I know almost all of us expected this already but it's still nice to get confirmation. I'm sure there's a minority who are mad about this though.
  • Ninian should have been the lead of the Harmonized Unit, but the pair is still sweet. I like that their breath attack is a combination of their elements (Frostfire). The refresher Skill is neat, but I don't think the interaction with native dancers will be such a big deal since it can only be used once per map.

Hot damn, they keep knocking it out of the park with these seasonals.

Xane is definitely my favorite of the bunch, and I'm so glad he's the demote. Excellent concept for his mechanic, and he'll even cover my last remaining weapon/movement type combination! I love that they're starting to put more unusual abilities into these demotes. Now that we've got him as one of the highest-profile FE1/3 units that were missing, I wonder if they'll cover Nyna and FE1 Hardin as a future seasonal duo.

Tiki/Ninian sure makes my whole Forging Bonds list from yesterday look unnecessary, by having nothing to do with any of it. Duo dance, and also a sort of blade breath! With her build, it looks like what she really wants to do is dance dancers so they can grant additional actions to herself, rather than supporting her allies. Interesting that she doesn't have the recharge mechanic previous Harmonics have, instead she reuses Mia's status and also adds an additional effect. Wonder what the implications are for future Harmonics will do, maybe some will use this same dancer effect but with other game affiliations? Also, it seems like it could straight-up be a normal duo effect. Wonder if they'll ever go for it. This pair is certainly tempting, but I get the feeling we'll get others with the same mechanic in the future, and I'm not impressed by the outfits. They look too much like their normal ones, not really Halloween enough. Also I'm out of orbs anyway.

Dhegnisea is a surprising seasonal-only addition, but certainly a welcome one. I'm not impressed by his kit, but his sprites are fantastic, especially his transformed ones. His B skill is interesting but seems underwhelming next to Crafty Fighter. Maybe he'll get a regular version sometime and I can get that one. Plus, Ena being free means I'll still get a different dragon laguz, which is great to finally have in the game. I'm surprised they're breath units, though, it seems like such a missed opportunity to cover the remaining beast armors. Guess they'll leave those to seasonal lions?

Grima has a cool set, but also feels like a missed opportunity. I'd speculated about Halloween Grima, but specifically as a way to get breath cavalry in the game, and the only way I could think of to make four of them was for both Grima M and Grima F to do it. (Alongside Fallen Gunter and another seasonal Sothis.) So is it just not going to happen at all?

Not a big fan of the choice of units, and a big fan at the same time. Skills are fun but I hardly ever use dragons so meh.

Xane is cool, Ninian+Tiki would be nice for RB and keeping a high score. 

Dheginsea I really expected to be a mythic first. But hey, maybe his Mythic version can power creep this one. Also, would have rather had Beast units with adaptive damage as the special thing, but hey. Can't have em all. Mostly for the reason they get better matchups since dragon off is everywhere.

One of the first banners to make me excited in a very long time for seasonals. Will be pulling in all colours as much as I can.

Xane looks like a really fun and interesting unit and he also is the 4* focus so getting him will be really easy. Look forward to something like Xane with Brave Edelgard and Leila, if I am not mistaken he will have Edelgard's Atk/Def/Res and Leila's Spd so he will be busted. 

The harmonic leaves me uninterested however, still like the fact that we have a purely offensive dragon, perhaps supporting her with Lilith will be really interesting for a Dragon team. 

Deghinsea finally being in the game makes me really happy however bumped that he isn't a Mythic with 2 personals like Altina and he is a seasonal without a personal weapon. Regardless still happy for his inclusion 

Grima has to be my favourite from the entire batch. Everything about her screams amazing, only issue I see is dragon effectiveness however, aside from that she looks gorgeous with a DC weapon, all the crazy healing, Iote's shield, debuffs and the new B slot that is gong to save slow non armored dragons. Myrrh with her refine can be an excellent user of it as effectively gives her the full null-follow up effect, alongside an omni breaker type of effect. 

32 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Xane looks like a really fun and interesting unit and he also is the 4* focus so getting him will be really easy. Look forward to something like Xane with Brave Edelgard and Leila, if I am not mistaken he will have Edelgard's Atk/Def/Res and Leila's Spd so he will be busted.

Yeah, I'm both eager to see but also dreading the crazy team composition possibilities with Xane. The best part is that you don't even need to merge him* to get the most out of him: you need to merge everyone else instead. This banner lasts a month, right? I'll wait to see how effective he really is before committing.

* all you'd get is an increased arena score and a bulkier Xane to use when he's alone.

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

also, Halloween Fallen Female Robin... seriously? an alt of an of an alt? so what's next, christmas fallen male corrin? are we really getting this low, IS?

Masked Marth is technically an alt of Lucina and we got Summer Masked Marth. Plus Robin and Grima have way more differences compared to Lucina and M. Marth. So not only this isn't the first alt of an alt, but this is not the most egregious one either.

Anyway I really love this banner. It's really awesome that we have Ena, Dheg and Xane in the game finally. They even found a clever way to implement Xane.

I'm glad Dheg is not a mythic. Tellius has too many mythic candidates so it was unrealistic to wish for them all to get a spot. For that reason I want Dheg and Lehran to be regular units out of the technicality that they are not gods AND are still alive so they aren't lore-only characters that can't get in unless it's a Mythic. And even with Dheg and Lehran out of the way I still don't feel confident that we will get Soan, Ashera and Ashunera before the game ends. Three more slots for Tellius are A LOT especially considering that we are also guaranteed atleast two Legendaries with Micaiah and Elincia. And I can already feel the cries of Tellius pandering if they give us L!Elincia one month and the month after M!Ashunera.

Since Tiki leads and Ninian support this makes the seventh Tiki alt in the game. Now she is tied with Camilla.

This pleases me. I don't care if it's Camilla, Tiki, Lyn, Hector, Ike, Ephraim, Edelgard, Veronica or whoever else.

I WANT A UNIT WITH EIGHT VERSIONS!

I know it's only a matter of time but I REAAALLLLYYY want to have that dank memey voting gauntlet where all the partecipants have the same name AND are the same person. We can technically already have one with Corrin but....

meh, gender splits are a cheat, so I will add a third requirement. All partecipants must have the same gender.

This might be an unpopular thing to say but I want this to happen more than I want my remaining favorites to get in Heroes at all.

It's for the memes. Everything is justified if it's for the memes.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Actually it just replaces his current stats with the highest stats of his allies (so if his stats are higher they decrease instead).

Ohhh, okay! Thank you for the clarification! If that's the case, it'd probably do well to not merge him as much, and pair him with allies that have stats that are through the roof (like a +Atk L!Edelgard for example). I guess that would also mean that boons and banes wouldn't matter to him much, either.

It's good to see we finally gotten two Laguz Dragons appear in Heroes and Xane as well. I was kind of first thought the right silhouette was suppose to be a female due to the hair before the trailer showed to be Xane.

Edited by King Marth 64

25 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Ohhh, okay! Thank you for the clarification! If that's the case, it'd probably do well to not merge him as much, and pair him with allies that have stats that are through the roof (like a +Atk L!Edelgard for example). I guess that would also mean that boons and banes wouldn't matter to him much, either.

As long as his weapon is in effect, the only thing his merges/trait/etc affect is his HP. So he'd prefer to be +HP, to maximize his only relevant stat. 

This also means there's some benefit in getting his dragonflower level to +1 and his merge level to +8, but not really beyond that. (And those merges are less significant than for other units.)

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Masked Marth is technically an alt of Lucina and we got Summer Masked Marth. Plus Robin and Grima have way more differences compared to Lucina and M. Marth. So not only this isn't the first alt of an alt, but this is not the most egregious one either.

oh yeah you're right, i think my brain just naturally tried to make me forget about them
still, doesn't change the fact that i find this ridiculous to say the least

I still don't feel confident that we will get Soan

as much as it pains me to say this, i don't think we'll ever see Soan in Heroes, RD doesn't really explain anything about him, except that he fought along with Altina and Deghinsea, but both of them are much more popular and story-relevant (although indirectly, in Altina's case)
yeah, he has a cipher card, but we don't even have an untransformed design for Soan iirc

I'm glad Dheg is not a mythic. Tellius has too many mythic candidates so it was unrealistic to wish for them all to get a spot. For that reason I want Dheg and Lehran to be regular units out of the technicality that they are not gods AND are still alive so they aren't lore-only characters that can't get in unless it's a Mythic. And even with Dheg and Lehran out of the way I still don't feel confident that we will get Soan, Ashera and Ashunera before the game ends. Three more slots for Tellius are A LOT especially considering that we are also guaranteed atleast two Legendaries with Micaiah and Elincia. And I can already feel the cries of Tellius pandering if they give us L!Elincia one month and the month after M!Ashunera.

Heroes: *laughs in seven Mythics (only one of which is a god, at that), and with three more to go just from Book IV*

Though really, all of your points there get shot down immediately thanks to the FEH Mythics.

Also, Tellius can’t have like six different Mythics but characters can and should get at least eight alts just for your amusement? Sure, that checks out.