Special Heroes: Dragons Harvest

Jave

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Did Ninian just turn into a neglectful big sister when no one was looking?

Not only does she ditch Nils to go trick or treating with someone else but she doesn't even consider sharing her candy with him. Tiki names all sorts of people to share with but Ninian is silent about her own little brother. Turns out Nils isn't listed as her lived ones in Meet the Heroes either! 

Ninian no! Bad Ninian! Lets hope Hector and Eliwood are taking better care of the kid. 

Hey, if his actual creators can ignore him for almost three years, then I don’t see the problem with Ninian ignoring him for a single Halloween.

Though if we want to be equal opportunists, then we also need to berate Tiki for failing to mention Bantu too.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Catgirl is very much incorrect. She is, indeed, a werewolf, as per Sharena's explanation.

Yeah and knowing Grima, she probably killed a Keaton to make that costume.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only this dimension could be the dimension where all the dragons look crazy awesome

Dragons Ire is also a crazy looking skill... I'm sure there are more OP options to run it on than Robin herself

Buff Grima F Robin's dragonskin now

21 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Imagine for a second that you are a GBA fan. But you don't like Tellius at all. And you see the trailer for the fifth Tellius Mythic while there are still just 1 mythic for Elibe and 1 mythic for Magvel. You would be salty and would become really toxic online arguing that Tellius gets too many slots. That the developers have Tellius bias, that the games weren't even good and so on.

i think you're projecting, my man. this is not what a large proportion of people do when their favorite game doesn't get dudes.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If only this dimension could be the dimension where all the dragons look crazy awesome

Dragons Ire is also a crazy looking skill... I'm sure there are more OP options to run it on than Robin herself

Buff Grima F Robin's dragonskin now

Nah and Myrrh are by far the best users of Dragon Ire. Since their weapon pretty give them the missing part for a "complete" Null Follow up as long as their weapon are activated.

Edited by Nym

soooo how long until they start giving out Weapon refines to Distant Counter weapons

AND Legendaries? I mean seriously at this point its just getting a meme lulz.

I bet you they will tie the Legendary weapon refines to a new currency that isnt Divine Dew.

2 hours ago, Integrity said:

i think you're projecting, my man. this is not what a large proportion of people do when their favorite game doesn't get dudes.

Maybe if we start doing that we'll get more of the characters we want!

And get banned in the process

I highly doubt IS cares anything about this forum anyway

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Nah and Myrrh are by far the best users of Dragon Ire. Since their weapon pretty give them the missing part for a "complete" Null Follow up as long as their weapon are activated.

Dang that's big thinking 

Nino Nowi Nah team activate

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

soooo how long until they start giving out Weapon refines to Distant Counter weapons

I bet you they will tie the Legendary weapon refines to a new currency that isnt Divine Dew.

Maybe this should be in the Weapon Refinery Topic instead of the Special Heroes Topic.

I could see a situation where they make one Legendary Refinement each month, and in the months we get Legendary Ike and Legendary Ryoma we also get OG Ike and OG Ryoma.

38 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The thing is that many early legendary weapons are shared with non-legendary units. Ragnell, Expiration, and Raijinto are all available on regular 5* counterparts, while Flame Siegmund is available to regular Ephraim via refinement. In addition, Leiptir, Blizzard, Divine Mist, and Dragonbind all correspond to equivalent or roughly equivalent weapons available to regular 5* units.

At present, aside from healers and DC units, there's 11 missing Book 1 refines: Olivia, Arden, Ayra, Joshua, Nowi, Azura, Ninian, Olwen/Reinhardt, Valter, Fae, and Hector. That's enough to cover about 3 months worth of typical refinery updates. So I think we'll start seeing their approach to the refinery change by March, possibly sooner. They could just go all-in on Book 2 units, but I think that would be a logical time for them to also start doing other stuff they've been avoiding, like DC weapons, legendaries, and healers.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not only does she ditch Nils to go trick or treating with someone else but she doesn't even consider sharing her candy with him. Tiki names all sorts of people to share with but Ninian is silent about her own little brother. Turns out Nils isn't listed as her lived ones in Meet the Heroes either! 

Ninian no! Bad Ninian! Lets hope Hector and Eliwood are taking better care of the kid. 

It really is a thing how Tiki dominated their conversation so much. Honestly, Ninian could've been a plank of wood for all she contributes to it.

Maybe Nils is allergic to candy.

Fml. I don't have the budget for this right now.

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It really is a thing how Tiki dominated their conversation so much. Honestly, Ninian could've been a plank of wood for all she contributes to it.

Sounds like normal introvert issues.

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I reacted to the video without seeing what you wrote; whoops.

Anyway, I noted something a bit similar. But yeah, I can see Hector giving Nils piggyback rides against his will (this is canon; it happened in FE7 just before the desert and was clearly practice for Lilina, as per his dream which he shares with Eliwood in their supports.)

But, for the joke's sake, I could imagine it going down something like this:

Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Roy, Lilina, Nils, and Ninian are all working on Halloween decorations as a team for Askr castle (since this place is HUGE there are likely more teams about too.) Tiki shows up, Ninian answers the door. They have some conversation in which Tiki manages to pressure Ninian into taking her to the main festivities (because Bantu is busy looking after all the other Tikis and Marth has already been invited to too many parties because he tries to keep up with too many friends. Naturally, the Askr trio is also already busy with things, Eir is uncomfortable about all the death celebrations, Peony is having a slumber party with Mirabilis, and Fjorm and Ylgr are visiting their brother in Nifl.) After this sob story of no one being willing to go with her, Ninian succumbs to the pressure and awkwardly tells the others that she has something she needs to do and that she'll be out for a while. They all are all "That's fine! We'll handle things here!" and she's off the hook. Then, Tiki helps to slap-dash a costume together for Ninian using candy and stuff in Ninian's closet, and they call it a "tennyo costume," pretending that it was intentional all along. And then they head out to the festival. Halloween Hector and Halloween Lilina arrive at the FE6+7 heroes' place for trick-or-treating and both Roy and Hector can't get over how cute Halloween Lilina is. Eliwood steps in and saves his son while Nils gives the required candy tribute.

Edit: Playing the paralogue!

I feel kind of bad for using Fallen Ashnard for this...but, uh...

Spoiler

At least Dhginsea gets to interact with his son...?

Edited by Mercakete

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fml. I don't have the budget for this right now.

Ever try using the orbs we have for free

What are the must haves on this banner anyway. It looks pretty skip-able to me. 

Besides Dragons Ire but nowadays it's hard to know what looks busted when a bunch of other units have a bunch of other busted stuff... CYL Edelgard 👀

I kind of enjoyed this paralogue. It wasn't as upbeat as the other Halloween ones since Dheg dragged it down, but it was nice that everyone tried to make the old man feel better. I hope we get Kurth and Rajaion at some point. Oh, maybe a young Almeda? 

Spoiler

Imagine Soren's face when he sees a younger version of his mother able to turn into a dragon 🤣

13 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Hide contents

Imagine Soren's face when he sees a younger version of his mother able to turn into a dragon 🤣

Spoiler

Soren wouldn't care about it, since he doesn't know Almedha is his mother.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

Soren wouldn't care about it, since he doesn't know Almedha is his mother.

Spoiler

I thought he did? Or that he at least suspected it? I'll have to rewatch that part. Iirc, Almedha wasn't 100% convinced that Pelleas was her son and she realized that Soren was. Again, it's been about a decade since I last played RD, so I could be mistaken on that

I feel Tiki is a particularly bad choice here. We've so many gosh darn Tiki alts already, including two seasonals. It's not that I don't like Tiki, or even that I don't want more Tiki alts, but I want specific Tiki alts. Ever since I got into an argument with Ice Dragon about wether or not og Tiki was meant to be a Fire Dragon, I've been wanting to see some Tiki alts that have her using a different dragon stone. Particularly a wyvern or ice dragon transformations since there's no Archanean characters of those classes. I'd also like to see the Naga ascended Adult Tiki from Future Past. So basically I don't want them wasting their good will of Tiki alts with this sort of stuff. Especially when it'd suit someone like Fae more.

Also I feel Almedha would have been good as the duo unit pair. She's has no real reason to ever be in the game as a fighting unit, but she could work as a duo unit support partner. I'd probably be a lot more fine with Duo units as a concept if they used it to get more non fighting characters into the game, though Amelda and maybe Mernilius are the only ones that come to mind that make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I feel Tiki is a particularly bad choice here. We've so many gosh darn Tiki alts already, including two seasonals. It's not that I don't like Tiki, or even that I don't want more Tiki alts, but I want specific Tiki alts. Ever since I got into an argument with Ice Dragon about wether or not og Tiki was meant to be a Fire Dragon, I've been wanting to see some Tiki alts that have her using a different dragon stone. Particularly a wyvern or ice dragon transformations since there's no Archanean characters of those classes. I'd also like to see the Naga ascended Adult Tiki from Future Past. So basically I don't want them wasting their good will of Tiki alts with this sort of stuff. Especially when it'd suit someone like Fae more.

Also I feel Almedha would have been good as the duo unit pair. She's has no real reason to ever be in the game as a fighting unit, but she could work as a duo unit support partner. I'd probably be a lot more fine with Duo units as a concept if they used it to get more non fighting characters into the game, though Amelda and maybe Mernilius are the only ones that come to mind that make a lot of sense.

I am past the point where i care for what alts the add, because the game is just shoehorning everything for moneys sake. They can add another 20 Camillas if they want. The game is on a decline anyway.

At this point i am only interested anymore in interesting weapons/concepts. Xane is a prime example of an interesting unit concept. I havent cared nor will i ever care for Duo units.

I'm still not convinced that Xane is as good as people are claiming he is. His weapons feels like you need a lot of support at the cost of your other units' turn if you're trying to use him on player phase. For offense, you're likely sending Xane in after your offensive unit attacks(assuming the enemy isn't already in range) and then move Xane within 2 spaces of said unit to take advantage of their stats. Without using him, this sounds really restrictive. He does look like a decent bait unit though.

I have no complaints about Tiki. As long as they keep avoiding giving normal seasonals to units that have already gotten a seasonal, I don't mind duos being an exception. I really didn't like regular duplicate seasonals when those were happening, but duos are a lot more novel, and so far each unit has only been getting one duo. I see Young Tiki as a perfectly reasonable duo pick, and Young Tiki alone has only gotten one seasonal so far. 

Personally I'm quite happy with changes in how Heroes has been handling its character picks, as well as mechanics. In spite of my dislike for Feh Pass, I think Book 4 is overall the best it's ever been. 

7 hours ago, silverserpent said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I thought he did? Or that he at least suspected it? I'll have to rewatch that part. Iirc, Almedha wasn't 100% convinced that Pelleas was her son and she realized that Soren was. Again, it's been about a decade since I last played RD, so I could be mistaken on that

Spoiler

Almedha knows Soren is her son, but he doesn't know anything about her because she chooses not to tell him, thinking he'd be happier that way.

As for the banner, I pulled Colorless only for Xane and kinda regret not going for Grima. Partly because I think she has a neat kit and partly because of the hilarity of her situation. Maybe I'll crack in the remaining month until the banner ends, but if not: hey, I get more Orbs for Legendary 3H Heroes and Brave Eirika.

What does throw me about the unit selection actually isn't Tiki, it's Ninian. I'd been expecting her to get some sort of duo with Eliwood at some point, so either she'll have to double up on duos or that won't actually happen.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What does throw me about the unit selection actually isn't Tiki, it's Ninian. I'd been expecting her to get some sort of duo with Eliwood at some point, so either she'll have to double up on duos or that won't actually happen.

I was kind of thinking they would do a duo brother and sister unit of Nils and Ninan over Eliwood/Ninian. Eliwood makes sense with Ninan but since the siblings are kind of the black fangs goal and they are a pair of dragons in a world without dragons. Plus purely a feh point of view the siblings can be  a dragon unit and make slightly more sense than Eliwood/Ninan being a dragon so they have more unit options to be for IS to choose from.

Now that it has happened though I kind of wonder if they do another harmonic from blazing blade if it will be nils and someone else.

Edited by vikingsfan92

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I guess they really wanted that dancer who can dance other dancers mechanic. Mechanically Tiki was the best choice for the pair up there since Archanea has the most characters out of any series (I hazard a guess, if not them then Fates). I'm not sure how I feel about effects that take a units origin into account. Forcing you to play as certain units in game modes, that's great and causes interesting challenges, but "This effect will only work if unit is from X continuity" just seems like it's going to put artifical value on certain contiunites over others. Wherein a character can be really good, but significantly nerffed just because they're from Gaiden or something (though the real losers in something like this would probably be the handful of TMS characters, either that or they get a really great effect and become disproportionately amazing).