Looking for members for an SRPG Studio project

eclogia

Hello!

Fresh out of the Don't Make Fire Emblem Game Jam, I'm looking into making an actual FE-like game using the SRPG Studio engine (primarily known for Kaga's Vestaria Saga, but check out Dracoseal and Sanctaea Chronicles's SF threads for more). The gameplay does not have to be an exact copy of FE's, as SRPG Studio offers the possibility for the developer to make Javascript plugins to modify their game. During the aforementioned game jam, I made a picross/nonogram visual novel. Only game designers (and me) require owning the software. If you still want it, it is likely to go on sale on Steam one day or another.

Do note that the collaboration wouldn't be remunerated unless we decide to do crowdfunding, or at the end if the game ends up being commercial (something that ROM hacks can't be).

Two main positions are open (writer, musician, artist, game designer/chapter maker...). The only exception is developer one, as I do not expect it to be as heavy thanks to the engine's support and the plugins shared online in the community. There could be several people in a type of position but, to quote the current writer,

I'd like to prevent overlap, as in one writer would be responsible for overarching plot, other would do most dialogues and characters, third would be responsible for worldbuilding and helping other two writers to integrate it into characters and plot, etc

The SRPG Studio assets can be used commercially and its community produced more with the same style, so keeping map sprites + animated battle sprites would be an easy option that still looks alright. This would leave characters portraits, backgrounds, tile sets, and possibly the UI. If a position isn't filled at all, I would either take it or scour the internet for appropriate resources.

Phew. Thanks for reading so far. Please reply to this thread or contact me on Discord (AlanaEclogia#9407) if you are interested! I would be grateful if you spread the word too.

Edit: The team so far is 1 developer (with a hand in game design), 2 game designers, 2 writers, and 2 artists (1 for backgrounds).

Edited by eclogia

I'd say, I've always had an interest in wanting to help out in projects like this.

Although, throughout the years I've joined many of them, but ultimately they always stop for some reason or another. I'm wary on doing this all over again but... eh, what the heck, sure, I'd like to help out. If there's still room for a writer, then I'm in.

I sadly can't say I know what the future is made of to ease your worries... However, in the time span since I posted this thread, I have two people who offered to be writers (one of them minutes before I received your post!). I do not know if we need more hands on that side, but if you want to check and discuss what can be done, I will happily send you an invite to our newborn Discord server.

When you mean by artist, what do you mean exactly? Do you want a 2D artist or 3D Artist? Someone who cab handle Illustrator, Photoshop or any other digital platforms? Or perhaps someone with skills in Mediums like Painting and drawing, or traditional media. 

4 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

When you mean by artist, what do you mean exactly? Do you want a 2D artist or 3D Artist? Someone who cab handle Illustrator, Photoshop or any other digital platforms? Or perhaps someone with skills in Mediums like Painting and drawing, or traditional media. 

Hello! Thank you for replying. SRPG Studio does not handle 3D. From what I understand, I am looking for a digital 2D artist, either for traditional-looking art, pixel art or GUI. Aelorz will be in charge of the backgrounds, which leaves character illustrations (can be from a face to a half-body, preferably with expressions), everything you'd expect an FE GUI to have, pixel art for the map tiles. Potentially, it could involve pixel art for the units' map sprites with accompanying battle sprites to animate, and various effects (weapon/staff, damage etc).

To give you an idea of SRPG Studio's pixel art style, I've attached a unit map sprite sheet ("charchip") and a battle "motion" sheet by Fluffy, in Player unit colors. Charchip frames are 64x64px for 32x32px map tiles, which allows the unit to go "out of bounds" compared to the tile where they're standing.

Plague apostle(swd).png

Plague apostle.png

3 hours ago, eclogia said:

Hello! Thank you for replying. SRPG Studio does not handle 3D. From what I understand, I am looking for a digital 2D artist, either for traditional-looking art, pixel art or GUI. Aelorz will be in charge of the backgrounds, which leaves character illustrations (can be from a face to a half-body, preferably with expressions), everything you'd expect an FE GUI to have, pixel art for the map tiles. Potentially, it could involve pixel art for the units' map sprites with accompanying battle sprites to animate, and various effects (weapon/staff, damage etc).

To give you an idea of SRPG Studio's pixel art style, I've attached a unit map sprite sheet ("charchip") and a battle "motion" sheet by Fluffy, in Player unit colors. Charchip frames are 64x64px for 32x32px map tiles, which allows the unit to go "out of bounds" compared to the tile where they're standing.

Plague apostle(swd).png

Plague apostle.png

Thanks. I have experience in 2D Art, including pixel art and traditional drawing mediums. I’m currently pursuing a BFA in Fine Arts in college, I could show you some of my art if you are interested.