Rate the Unit-Three Houses, Day 1: Edelgard

Benice

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard or Maddening Mode. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available. (When rating a unit, please specify whether you are rating assuming Hard or Maddening.)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper Justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

-The rating you give to a unit assumes a good build for said unit-nothing among the lines of, "Dedue is 2/10 because he's a bad mage."

-The ranking assumes no grinding of any form, no DLC and minor, (one or two stat boosters per month) use of the Greenhouse.

- Make votes easily visible, please! "[Explanation text]: So, overall, I think X unit is a 7.5/10, with a +1 bias included for being hawt/cute/funny/etc.."

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 PST. Do the math for your timezone, please!

-We will ask you to not use the "Not X unit" reason. Because it will be used a lot. I.E, do not say "Linhardt bad because not Lysithea."

-The Black Eagles may be assessed based on their performances in either Silver Snow or Crimson Flower, other than when not applicable.

Day 1: Edelgard

9/10

(Maddening btw)

I tossed up between going 9 or 10, but ultimately decided this was a good fit.

So what exactly makes her so good? Aymr, mainly. Raging Storm is a godsend of a combat art, letting her take extra actions whenever she wants, so long as she still has durability on Aymr. Making her into a Wyvern Lord is the best way to make use of Raging Storm, what with its ability to fly and innate axefaire, and her stats complement that class quite well, with high strength and decent speed.

After the timeskip, she gets access to Armoured Lord and later Emperor. Most people balk at the idea of her personal class being an armoured class, and I generally agree that its the weakest class of the three lords. But the thing that makes it OK for me is the simple fact that, unlike Dimitri or Claude, her personal class is never forced upon her, as she has no access to Hunting by Daybreak, the one map that does force classes upon the lords. This means that despite how lackluster Armoured Lord and Emperor may be, she doesn't ever have to bother with them, unless she wants to master their skills for some reason, which I'll get into in a bit.

Speaking of stuff after the timeskip, while her main game-breaker, Aymr, is locked to her last 6 chapters, her performance until that point is still great. 13 base strength means her damage will consistently be top of the class, along with Byleth and Bernadetta (with her personal activated), and her natural start in axes means immediate access to Smash, which remedies her hit issues. Her growths are also good all around, the highlights being her 55% strength growth and 60% charm growth. Her lowest growth is her 30% luck, but the others are all squarely above average.

The things that hold her back from being a perfect 10 are small, but can kind of add up. She doesn't learn any good abilities, other than Rally Charm which comes all the way at S authority. It's worth noting that Armoured Lord gives her Pomp and Circumstance upon mastery, but that skill isn't great.

Her combat art list is similarly meh- she gets Lightning Axe at A, which is nice to take advantage of her decent 45% magic growth, and Monster Breaker can be helpful at times, but that's about it. Her access to her personal class Emperor gives her an art that may be considered useful- Flickering Flower, which is the axe equivalent of Encloser and gives +10 to might, hit and crit. It's not a bad art, but you do have to actually stay in Emperor to use it, so I'd wager a lot of people have never tried it.

And she has a bane in bows, which makes getting her Hit + 20 a little inconvenient, but nowhere near impossible. None of these are dealbreakers on their own, or even dealbreakers when factored together, but they hold her back from being perfect IMO. But overall she's still a very, very good unit who can offer massive flexibility with Raging Storm paired with a high movement class, starts strong and stays strong so long as you use her and don't bench her after chapter 3 like I did. I'm doing Silver Snow OK, I wasn't smart enough to try and find another use for her.

As a little bonus, since this discussion has occurred recently on the forum, she has a budding talent in Reason that can be used to make her into an effective mage. I put this section below the rest of the analysis because its a different path from what is usually considered her optimal usage, but she does have a really good spell list, including Luna and Hades. Lightning Axe is also an option if you want to take advantage of it. So she can be a pretty effective mage if you decide to take her that route. Magelgard good.

10/10 Two words: Raging storm. +14 might, +10 crit and essentially canto with the ability to attack again. And deals effective might against the most powerful enemy type on her route. You can imagine how incredibly broken this is. Of course, she doesn’t get Amyr until chapter 13, but with her high strength growth and base, she will consistently be one of your best damage dealers, and her speed growth is nothing to scoff at. Even on maddening, and although she might have some hit issues, those are easily relegated in this game with hit +20 and/or combat arts. Her exclusive class isn’t the greatest, especially with her 35% defense growth, but she doesn’t have a Reunion at Dawn/Hunting by Daybreak chapter so she can certify out of it immediately. She will make a good wyvern lord naturally, because it takes her strengths and adds flying utility to them, with no weaknesses since fliers can dismount, and higher movement plus Raging Storm’s ability to let you attack again is a great combination. She can also make a good mage if you want to take her that route, with a decent spell list, and she also learns lightning axe, a magic axe combat art, at axe level A. She’d make a good bolt axe user. Aymr can break pretty quickly when spamming raging storm, you can use it 6 times before needing to repair, but it’s only around for 6 chapters. To repair it you need the rare agarthium, but you encounter enough titanus in chapter 16 to be able to get enough to repair it by breaking all of their shields, so that’s basically 6 raging storm uses for 13, 14, 15, and 16, and then back to full for the last two maps (she can one turn the final boss on hard with it, I’m not sure about maddening). I give her a 10/10 because the only flaw I can think of with her as a unit is her somewhat poor hit, but that’s so easy to mitigate in this game it really doesn’t matter. You can’t go wrong with using her. Plus best girl

Edit: Apparently raging storm is 4 durability, oops

Edited by Sooks1016

A note because it's wrong on the site: Raging Storm is 4 Durability per use, I knew I remembered that was the case.

Edelgard is an interesting enough unit. Being that BE has a route split where this unit isn't usable on one of them, she's got an awkward niche where you have to try and avoid using her, which is more than achievable on SS (Spamming Faith lessons and just not deploying her isn't hard, but trying to ensure she doesn't die when she has to be there is). But how is she on CF, where you do use her?

Mind, my experience with her was CF and SS on Hard, so I'm not familiar with her on Maddening.

Stats analysis (This is skippable, just me discussing what she specifically has access to):

Spoiler

Growth rates are actually pretty good on her overall. Her strength is probably , but she doesn't really have any bad growth rates aside from a lowish HP and being low among speed units who aren't 20% or less. This shouldn't surprise you when you realise she has the highest growths in the game, higher than Byleth. This allows her to be pretty open on what she can be as class growths will alter her percentages as well. Meanwhile, her bases are more than solid with 13 Strength being very good and syncing very well with her high might axe strength, 6 defence actually being around base for early on and 8 speed being pretty good, compensating for the heavier weapons you're more likely to give early on. Her kinda shaky hit from a lower dex and luck is easily remedied with the D rank combat arts too. Not even mentioning her weirdly good magic growth at 45%.

In terms of her strengths and weaknesses, her strengths in Axes and Authority are appreciated, while it's a shame swords are the way they are in 3H and armour is honestly irrelevant unless you want Smite or Weight -5 (because anyone going for Weight -3 doesn't need to dive into those classes and -5 isn't worth the investment). Her weakness in Bow does cause an issue if you want +20 hit in maddening and Faith is telling you to not try magic, but she does get a budding talent in reason.

And because I brought up her magic, let's just deal with it. Reason is a budding talent that gives her BM Crit +10, which only works for half of her reason spells as the other two are dark magic. Her BM spells are Fire and Bolganone, not exactly inspiring, but her dark magic is Luna and Hades, both pretty dang good even if it takes time to get them. Meanwhile her faith list isn't exactly one to put your faith in because aside from the default she gets Recover (Oh well) and Seraphim (Not so bad, but B faith is pushing it and I should know, I was raising her faith in my SS run alone and it was C+ by the end).

Her personal skill raises her exp gain, which is nice to have as she doesn't show up on some maps and in part 2 it adds a skill raising her Res by 4 if she waits at the end of her turn. It is situational at best. And for her crests, she gets Seiros (40% to raise damage in combat art by 5) and CoF (20% chance to heal 30% of damage dealt when using weapons, combat arts or attack magic, 25%? Chance to raise might by 5 and prevent counters from enemies). So yeah Edelgard has everything there, but it's not exactly frequently going to happen.

Her personal combat arts aren't exactly inspiring getting use of the Seiros crest though, with her getting two each in swords and axes. Haze Strike raises dodge but it's irrelevant most of the time, Hexblade can be nice if you go down raising her magic but it's not available until endgame if you focus on it,  Lightning Axe is similar but she has a higher base for axes and you're more likely for her to reach it and Monster Breaker is alright if situational. Her abilities in Authority also don't inspire much, with Battalion Vantage (She doesn't have to sync it up with), Model Leader (pretty irrelevant imo) Battalion Renewal at A and Rally Charm not exactly relevant for most especially because it's S rank

As for her unique classes, It's a shame that the route ends so soon after she gets her upgrade, it would have been nice to have an actual chance of getting her personal combat art.... at least I'd like to say so. Both are armoured, so they have less move, which is a problem especially for starts where you want to cross the map. They at least both have Axefaire to take advantage of. But the mastered abilities aren't amazing, with Armoured Lord's being the irrelevant Pomp and Circumstance and Emperor granting Flickering Flower, which has a nice +10 might, hit and crit and apparently freeze opponents in place but the site's not sure and I doubt most will any time soon because again mastering Emperor by the end of the game seems like a challenge. If anything Emperor should have had magic access to help it make more of a presence and allow her to bother thinking about using her magic without dedicating to magic classes from the off. She'd love if she could use her guard adjutant more in part 2 honestly.

Thankfully she has a big ace in her hand with Aymr and Raging Storm. Aymr is stupidly strong (24 might sounds like it's in Genealogy), a solid 20 crit's good enough to start working off of if you tried to go for a maximum crit approach and of course her personal class and possibly the best class in the game have Axefaire. Though it is a shame the hit's 60, it's not impossible to work around it and she's still got a pretty decent Dex stat to help mitigate that. But the real kicker is Raging Storm. It's got 14 might, wrecks dragons and raises hit. The best thing about it? Every time she uses it she gets to move again. That's 5 free galeforces per map if you so choose and that's legitimately a great use of it imo. Pretty damm good for an 11 weight weapon I'd say and because it needs Seiros crest for RS there's no reason someone else should use it over her.

How did I find her first time?

Spoiler

Well, Raging Storm is OP. You're very able to pick up Agarthium from certain maps (the Titanus, the sand crawler enemies if you pick those maps, I swear they can drop from at least one other monster) so you can forge freely as the game marches on. That with high movement is just unfairly good, which is plausible as all the high movement classes should be possible to access by then. She can get access to WL with some effort, if you want you can go towards other classes like Warrior or Great Knight and even Magelgard has access to the always good Gremory or the DLC magic classes if you want.

However, all this is for CF specifically and in White Clouds..... I'd still say she's good alright. This despite her weaker bow rank makes trying to be part of the bow spam in the earlier parts of Maddening unlikely, but she has some of the better bases to be on the frontlines anyways.

Edelgard should be one of the most solid units you get access to in BE. An Edelgard focusing on her armour is going to look worse than the obvious "Wyvern Lord good", but she at least gets pretty decent boosts across the board and dismissing her seems to be a bad idea. She also has the sense not to be on the worst map in the series.

I'm going to rate a 9/10 overall.

9.5. She's one of three units at the start of CF Maddening that can consistently avoid doubles with a sword in her hand (the others being Byleth and Petra), making her a good tank to get the other students up to speed. Even in SS you have to rely on her early game just to get through those first few chapters. Her budding talent and personal classes are worthless but her skill proficiencies are great. Her base stats and growths are top of the line, and she'll make a good wyvern in the latter half of the game. I think Raging storm tends to get overrated but you can spam it all you like when the materials to repair gold relic weapons are so plentiful. The only thing keeping her from being a 10 is there's just one guy better than her.

Edit: Hold up, you need agarthium to repair Aymr? 8.5

Edited by Glennstavos

It depends what you count as grinding. I find that the fastest and most efficient way to kill monster enemies is to take out a single piece of armour, and then unload on that one space with cantoers and ranged attackers. Taking out all of the armour for the stun can occasionally be helpful, but it is something I very rarely do if I don't care about getting the ore drops. As such, I'm going to consider it a (very minor) form of grinding, and assume it isn't allowed under the rules. This basically takes Aymr/Raging Storm out of the equation, since it isn't all that great if you only get to use it five times ever. If grinding for Agarthium is allowed, then her rating would definitely be higher. That said, even if it is allowed, you still only have Aymr in part 2, which is only 6 maps long. They're also the final 6 maps, and I generally consider being good in the late game to be less important than being good in the early game.

Even so, she's still a very good unit. Her stats range from decent to great, with strength and charm standing out, and she will become a strong combat unit with very little effort. Her personal ability giving her an extra 20% xp is also nice, since it makes it harder for her to fall behind in level and easier to stay just a little bit ahead of the curve (the part 2 upgrade of her personal is largely meaningless). She does have some definite downsides, though. A weakness in bows is never something you want on a physical unit, and her mediocre speed growth can be an issue at times, either getting her doubled or preventing her from being doubled.

Subjectively, I find the whole "crush on teacher" thing she has going on incredibly annoying, so I'm going to ding her half a point for that.

Overall, I rate her a 7.5/10. Good, but overrated.

The decision as to whether to give Edelgard 9 or 10 depends more on one's definitions of what consitutes a 10, I think. Certainly, she is not on the same level as some characters from other games such as Sigurd, Seth, and Titania (PoR), whose leads over their competition is insurmountable due to a large level and/or mobility lead. By comparison all FE3H characters are closer together for worth (everyone joins at comparable levels and has largely the same class options). But Edelgard is most likely the best unit in FE3H, and certainly is on her own route. So I figured I might as well use the whole scale for this game, and that means giving her 10/10, even as I acknowledge that I might not give her that score on a series-wide rating.

The easiest answer to why she deserves a 10 is Raging Storm. 5 uses of "do massive damage, then take an extra turn", with an extra 5 for each of the final two maps (assuming you break the Titanus in Chapter 16) is a ridiculous advantage and makes her status as the best unit post-timeskip Crimson Flower unquestionable. The more interesting question is how good is she outside of that. And the answer is she stands out in two ways, both talent list and stats.

In my opinion the most important talents for a physical unit are axes, flying, and authority, simply because Wyvern is the strongest physical class option. Edelgard has boons in two out of three, a distinction she shares with only Claude and Petra (Cyril and Seteth too, but this advantage is eroded by their join times). Additionally, she has a boon in armour, which allows her to easily snag Weight-3. While nothing about talents allows her to do anything other units cannot, it means that she can do them with less tutoring investment and/or achieve benchmarks faster. And of course, further helping her route to flying dominance is her access to Pegasus Knight, which also ensures an outstanding combat performance in Intermediate tier.

Her stats are also extremely good. Part of this is that everything is amped up a little by her Imperial Lineage skill, which tends to give her about +2 levels given equal combat (which in turn is good for about +1 to each stat). Beyond that, 13+55% str is the best in the game (roughly equalled by Dimitri's 12+60%), which is very important in this game with how possible OHKOs are (and later, 2HKOs with Brave). Compared to her immediate competition in the Eagles she has 4-5 more base and 10-20% more growth, which is a big deal (a 10-point lead over the other physical Eagles by the game's end is typical). Her charm is also ridiculous, allowing her to both land her gambits reliably (something most other units struggle with early) and reduce virtually all enemy gambits to 20% hit rate. She has good bulk (HP/def are the best of the Eagles, along with Ferdinand, though in fairness the tankiest units are in other houses) with no weak stats to hold that back (that is, spd/res/cha). And finally she's surprisingly faster than her 40% growth suggests. 8 base helps, as does the fact that she mitigates more weight than anyone (high str + easy access to Weight-3), and finally the fact that she can pick up Darting Blow, which male units cannot. In fact, for practical player phase speed, she is significantly behind only Leonie, Petra, Ingrid, and Catherine, and is comparable to the likes of Felix (Felix leads by 1-7 raw spd at equal levels, but Edelgard's str, Darting Blow, and level lead counteract that). Her worst stats are dex and luck, but neither is below average by much and both are relatively unimportant stats because their effects are easily overwhelmed by other sources - e.g. the fact that she can A-support Dorothea and/or Hanneman (to benefit from Meteor linked attacks) more than counteracts her marginally below average dex.

It all adds up to a unit who is possibly the best in the game even before relic combat arts are considered, and thus very likely is after.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Edelgard has boons in two out of three, a distinction she shares with only Claude and Petra (Cyril and Seteth too, but this advantage is eroded by their join times).

Not to mention she can't be in the same route as all but Petra, making this even more useful for her.

As a note, it's 3 Agarthium per repair. Whether that is a serious issue or not depends on how much can be gathered without auxiliary battles (which isn't even guaranteed as only the sand crawler gives it and that's not on most maps). I from experience got a pretty decent stockpile from whatever I fought, even with only breaking armour once per enemy. I think the monsters in Hubert's Paralogue can also give it, though I could be misremembering.

For me there isn't really a lot I can add that hasn't already been said about her. She is a very good lord that unfortunately has one of the weaker unique lord classes unlocked by part 2. The emperor class is basically a slightly faster but slightly weaker defensive version of the fortress knight (also the minus weight -5 class ability). It's fine on it's own since Emperor can still have access to Axefaire. Charm is a niche ability that allows adjacent allies to deal extra damage but most of the time you're not gonna want to do that against a monster that has AoE attacks or someone with an AoE gambit. Her extra 10% growth in magic is really only useful for the Lightning Axe combat art she learns at rank A and a forged Bolt Axe which does give her a nice ranged option albeit the hit rate is quite shaky. Flickering Flower sounds fine on paper but you need to be the emperor class to use it.

If we're being honest here, there is no comparison between Emperor and Wyvern Lord since Wyvern Lord as everyone knows is a really strong class. El brings out the best of it due to great stats and high move and canto. Yes hit rates are an issue but as @Dark Holy Elf pointed out Meteor/Bolting supports with Dorothea, Manuela, Hanneman and even Constance respectively can give El the hit boost she needs to reliably hit an enemy. Linked attacks are always useful regardless on what difficulty you're playing on but it's a vital key to gain the upper hand.

You can even give her abilities like Alert Stance+, Battalion Vantage, Defensive Tactics and of course Death Blow to really make her an incredible unit on Crimson Flower. Hit +20 will take some time for El to learn due to her bane in bows but it can be worth the effort. Or if you don't have time for that there is always the Accuracy Ring to at least give her a decent crutch. The best thing about her is obviously Raging Storm which is one of the best if not the best combat arts in the game. It's Awakening's Galeforce but without the need to land a kill, you just need to land a hit.

I'd honestly give her a 9/10. Not the exact ideal perfect unit due to her hit rate issues in the beginning but she is well worth the effort to train her to be a Wyvern Lord and being backed by siege tome support will no doubt make Edelgard shine on hard and maddening mode.

Edited by Barren

1 hour ago, Barren said:

It's Awakening's Galeforce but without the need to land a kill, you just need to land a hit.

Oh yeah this should probably be mentioned, but the description seems to be wrong for Raging Storm. This video shows Edelgard missing a Raging Storm on Dimitri, but still getting another action regardless. So it seems that it just works regardless of if it hits or not.

I'll be tallying up the votes in ten minutes, just in case anyone wants to add any more rankings in. Tomorrow, Edelgard's loyal and plot-invincible retainer, Hubert von Vestra, will be on the chopping block!

Edited by Benice

22 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Her access to her personal class Emperor gives her an art that may be considered useful- Flickering Flower, which is the axe equivalent of Encloser and gives +10 to might, hit and crit. It's not a bad art, but you do have to actually stay in Emperor to use it, so I'd wager a lot of people have never tried it.

And you get Emperor in like the second last chapter XD Good luck getting that and using it on anything but one end game enemy on a legitimate playthrough.

5 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Oh yeah this should probably be mentioned, but the description seems to be wrong for Raging Storm. This video shows Edelgard missing a Raging Storm on Dimitri, but still getting another action regardless. So it seems that it just works regardless of if it hits or not.

Hmm, so she just needs to use it regardless if she hits with it or not. Interesting

13 hours ago, Barren said:

Hit +20 will take some time for El to learn due to her bane in bows but it can be worth the effort.

Honestly, even with the bane in bows it's not a big deal. To get the D+ needed to have a ~60% chance to qualify for Archer, she only needs to get 180 bow exp, which she can do in ~11 weeks of passive training (weekly goals), more than enough time to get it as her first Intermediate class (and even more time if you decide to master Archer after Brigand) and not much different than the ~9 a bow-neutral character would require. I don't personally prioritize getting Hit+20 – I find I can get enough accuracy from other sources, and prefer to pick up both Death Blow and Darting Blow if I decide to grab two intermediate masteries – but getting it is not an issue for her if you disagree. The amount of bow exp needed is just so small that one's talent for bows is not important unless one is going for a bow-focused build.

Similar comments apply to anyone who joins at the start of the game who wants to go to an Intermediate class they're "weak" in (for instance, getting Death Blow for Dimitri or Bernie). The intermediate requirements are just so lenient. By contrast the advanced class requirements are more stringent: e.g. it takes only 180 to reach D+ for Archer, but 960 to reach B+ for Sniper. (or 300 vs. 1320 if you insist on a 100% certification rate).

Know I am late but giving my thoughts anyways if for no other reason to give context on what it takes to be the best imo. I think she the single best unit in the game. One of the big advantages I haven't really seen mentioned by others is her access to one of the best crests in the entire game the crest of flames.  While you can never full rely on any crests to activate when it does it lets her tank things other units with similar stat lines and classes couldn't.  She also is one of the best units at being able to make use of both physical and magical attacks if not the best at it.  What she can do is something no other unit can replicate really in a very good way. 

Personally I think her unique classes are a bit better than they are given credit for. They are by no means perfect and emperor does have the problem of being a bit too late of an appearance but I think that they get a little to much flack just because they aren't wyvren lord.

As a side note I also think she is the best unit or at least in the running for it in the dlc story on the highest difficulty purely for her access to a tanky class which I think the campaign needs at lest one of for certain points.

(not listing it because its past the deadline but it would be a perfect score from me.  She has flaws but if I rate her a 9 I feel like I would have to rate everyone a 8 at max  and I do think there are 9s out there.)

Edited by vikingsfan92

On 10/10/2020 at 3:45 AM, Anathaco said:

I love this. Is this the first time an enemy unit can pull something like this in FE?

46 minutes ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

I love this. Is this the first time an enemy unit can pull something like this in FE?

Dark Fliers in Awkaening had Galeforce that they'd activate if they killed one of your units. Though obviously they'd only be able to kill two instead of a party sweep like here. Interesting to see Edelgard actually using the Sword of Seiros at the end there. Though I do question the validity of this video a bit. I've played Maddening and I never saw her using Raging Storm. And if the person recording this was expecting it, then why were they recording before hand? Though I suppose they could have used a time pulse to go back and get the footage with guarantee that the same course of events would happen.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Dark Fliers in Awkaening had Galeforce that they'd activate if they killed one of your units. Though obviously they'd only be able to kill two instead of a party sweep like here. Interesting to see Edelgard actually using the Sword of Seiros at the end there. Though I do question the validity of this video a bit. I've played Maddening and I never saw her using Raging Storm. And if the person recording this was expecting it, then why were they recording before hand? Though I suppose they could have used a time pulse to go back and get the footage with guarantee that the same course of events would happen.

I think she only actually uses Raging Storm if she can't kill the unit she uses it against, so as to move again and attack someone she can kill. I've seen some other videos of this battle and it was always used against someone she didn't kill outright. Though I haven't actually played neither VW or AM on maddening to test it myself yet.

1 minute ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

I think she only actually uses Raging Storm if she can't kill the unit she uses it against, so as to move again and attack someone she can kill. I've seen some other videos of this battle and it was always used against someone she didn't kill outright. Though I haven't actually played neither VW or AM on maddening to test it myself yet.

She certainly kept using it and killing all the units after the first in that video.

18 minutes ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

Well tbf I doubt any player would deliberately put someone who Edelgard would kill in her range. So there’s probably not any footage of Edelgard one shotting the first victim for that reason.