If I want more of a challenge is he worth using?

In my current playthrough I decided to prove that if you want to then with enough investment Kyza can be worth taking into The Tower. I got him to Level 38, I didn't use even 1 Stat Booster, I did use Bonus EXP and because of all The Bonus EXP I gave him all of his stats, even Mag and Res, are maxed out.

That means that his stats are 75Hp, Str 23+5, Mag 5+5, Skill 18+23, Spd 15+5, Lck 30+5, Def 22+5 and Res 10+5 when untransformed and 75Hp, Str 46+5, Mag 10+5, Skill 36+5, Spd 30+5, Lck 30+5, Def 44+5 and Res 20+5 when transformed, I'm on The Easy(I think that's the name) Difficulty Setting and I want to know if you think he is worth using?

Generally speaking, no. Besides Volug in part 1 and the bird Laguz in part 3, I don't believe any non-royal non-dragon laguz are worth using, no matter whether they capped all stats or not. They will have no ranged attacks and will usually need their first turn to use a laguz gem.

(On easy and normal mode, it's really easy using bexp to have almost everyone cap everything.)

That said, you're playing easy mode, go nuts, bring whoever you like most. Kyza will do fine if you like him.

If you want more of a challenge you need to not be on easy mode.

That said, he's worth using if you want to use him. If I'd trained my Kyza up that high at that point I would absolutely use him.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

If you want more of a challenge you need to not be on easy mode.

That said, he's worth using if you want to use him. If I'd trained my Kyza up that high at that point I would absolutely use him.

Sorry I meant to put a more challenging way of playing easy mode

39 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

Sorry I meant to put a more challenging way of playing easy mode

If you want a challenge how about a Kurthnaga, Ena and Micaiah only run from endgame on. Ike can only take out BK and Ashera.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 7:21 AM, whase said:

Generally speaking, no. Besides Volug in part 1 and the bird Laguz in part 3, I don't believe any non-royal non-dragon laguz are worth using, no matter whether they capped all stats or not. They will have no ranged attacks and will usually need their first turn to use a laguz gem.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:07 AM, James Marshall said:

with enough investment Kyza can be worth taking into The Tower.

With enough investment, ANYONE can be worth taking in to the Tower. Will they perform well? Absolutely! Will they do their job better than other characters? Most likely not.

It all comes down to your definition of "worth using". If you're strictly evaluating units on their own merits and comparing their stats against the enemies they will fight, then pretty much any unit (with appropriate investment) can pull their weight in the tower. Even on hard mode this is possible. If you instead evaluate your units against each other then only a very small subset of units can be deemed "worth" taking into the tower. In fact, using the second mindset, only 10 of your units (plus Sanaki, Micaiah, etc.) will be "worth using". It all comes down to your mindset, and whether you'd rather compare units against the goals they will try to achieve or compare them against similar options. Both are valid mindsets but if you're looking for hyper-efficient or competitive play you probably want to compare your units against each other.

EDIT: I feel the need to add. Just because a unit doesn't perform well in the tower doesn't mean they're not good. 80% of the game is played outside the tower and if a unit helped you have fun during that period of time, it counts ^_^

Edited by OriginalRaisins