Spell Animation Insert Help

Hirotune

So, i've been looking around in nightmare and found the dummy forblaze and luce in the item data, but their spell animations are missing. Of course, they still work, but i want to get these 2 spell animations back into fe8 to use at my leisure. Is there a step by step tutorial, along with the 2 spell animation files, i can use to get these to work in Fe8?

4 minutes ago, Hirotune said:

Is there a step by step tutorial, along with the 2 spell animation files, i can use to get these to work in Fe8?

I don't know about Nightmare, but FEBuilder makes it exceedingly easy to insert anims for these. 

This repository also has a whole bunch of animations, both fan-made and in the game.

https://emblem-anims.herokuapp.com/

1 minute ago, Hirotune said:

I see, well, i got forblaze but it seems they don't have luce in there at all

They do not, but I believe that the DUMMY light tome is actually Aureola. (I don't think they have that one either, but you can get Aureola's animation from FE7 very easily as well, or Luce's. if you'd prefer that.)

Edited by Benice

Just now, Hirotune said:

I'd prefer luce's, and i believe when i look at the item image for the tome, it does match luce's item image from fe7

I don't know how to get it with Nightmare, but with FEBuilder, you go to Advanced Menus>Magic effects/animation (or something like that) then go down to Luce's, export it then import the animation onto the DUMMY tome's animations in FE8.

26 minutes ago, Hirotune said:

So i have both of the animations, but with FeBuilder, i'm not sure how to get the animations to replace some of the "nothing" slots i see in nightmare.

Okay, so:

-Open the rom you want to edit in FEBuilder

-In the top right corner once everything loads, you should see Advanced Editors. Click on that.

-You should see a screen somewhat similar to this:

Spoiler

WyOAFIE.png

-From there, click on Magic Extends. You will be prompted to download two patches. Do that, and you will be taken to a menu that has a whole bunch of EMPTY slots, starting at 48 and going up. Click on Import Magic Animation and import the spell you've downloaded.

-Assuming everything works OK, save the change to the rom and return to the advanced editors menu.

-Click on Magic animations, scroll down to the item you want to change the animation of. You should see something akin to this:

Spoiler

F6YHMcb.png

There should be something else set as the Battle Animation, but switch the animation number to the magic extend animation you imported. In my case, Fire now uses the Saggitae animation. I did some minor edits just to make the animation work and gave Eirika a fire tome, and...

Je755Wr.png

It works! (The mage animation I used is the Light Mage animation by Leo_Link and L95, by the way.)

Hope that helps at least a little!

7 hours ago, Hirotune said:

Ok, so i got the animation to work, but the sound doesn't work, how would i fix that?

Hm, I'm not too sure about this one. The sound wouldn't work because the sound effects aren't present in the game's files, but I suppose it'd be possible to import said sound effects from FE7? I don't know how to import music and actually have it work, so you'd have to ask someone else, but to export the music:

To do that:

-Open up an FE7 rom

-Go to the advanced editor menu

-Open the sound table

-Scroll down until you see the sound effects called something like Luce swoosh, and similar things for Forblaze. Export all of the files that you need or want. Maybe click on the Song Track Editor and take note of the instrument set ID as well? I don't know what to do after this part. Sorry!

Exactly what benice said, you need to export the sounds and import them to the game you want. FE builder can easily do this. All you should have to do is export----> replace.  Usually putting. Them into empty slots and then going into the spells script and changing the sound called respectively.

Edited by lightcosmo

i've tried exporting the sound files for luce/forblaze directly from fe7, but the sounds are extremely off. My guess is the sounds don't work the same as fe8 compared to fe7, and i have no idea how to get them to work, so if i can find someone who has a DL link to the proper working sound files for these, that'd be amazing