Best final boss

drattakbowser

Best final boss  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What your best final boss ?

• Takumi (Conquest)
    • Garon (Birthright)
    • Anankos (Revelation)

I honestly can't really remember the fights against them all that well; they're really unmemorable. The only thing I can remember about Garon was that the second fight against him clearly had it that something was supposed to happen involving the map, but I beat him on the first turn and never got to see it. I suppose it would have to be Anankos, if only because I remember that one the most out of the three, but even that one was surprisingly bland for a final boss fight against a maddened dimension-warping dragon with a crazy design. 

Takumi by far. While I dislike that losing kicks you back to before Garon's map, Takumi's map itself is really good, encouraging you to move quickly but also safely past a series of traps featuring a nice little mix of different enemy types.

Anankos is second; okay but generic, not much going on. Garon I've never failed to kill in one turn and I'm not even the type who normally rushes boss kills, very anticlimactic.

Takumi could've been the best final boss of the franchise. Imagine the situation: here you are, at long last, in the halls of Shirasagi Castle. All of your battles up to this moment have paid off, and you've conquered Hoshido. Or so you thought. You are surprised when you enter the throne room. There you find Takumi, battered and broken, waiting for you. You've stolen his honor, his family, and now his home. His brother lays dead on the floor behind you, his sister is your prisoner, and the other one is missing and could as well be dead. He draws his bow, ready to makes his final stand, hoping this last effort can at least avenge them. He may no longer be able to stop Nohr's invasion, but he can certainly kill you.

If only IS writers had balls...

Takumi is my vote. Since it encourages you to play fast or get overwhelmed by reinforcements. While at the same time needing you to play safely to avoid Takumi's one arrow nuke thing.

Garon was pathetic. First phase was ok since there were a few clever traps like the cleric with the capture staff easily being able to drag a squishy unit into a death room if you weren't careful. 2nd phase was a joke, could literally turn 1 win it with just Corrin and Azura.

Anankos was ok. Boring, but atleast had the most interesting way of actually taking him down. Having to fight him piece by piece basically.

But my actual favorite was the heirs of fate Anankos. Interesting map layout, interesting gimick of having both Kana's stuck in the middle purely there to fight Anankos while everyone else had to do everything to weaken him. With Shigure being quite good here due to starting in the center and being a flyer, being very helpful for helping the side groups out. Also the best final battle music in fates.