Your dream gaming year 2021

Fabulously Olivier

Let's have some fun. Create a list of up to 12 unnannounced games that would make your 2021 the best year ever. This is, of course, in addition to everything already known to be coming in 2021.

1. List 1 game per month - 12 games in total.

2. No more than 1 game per developer in the year. You can use outsourcing to get around this. However, if you use one developer as an outsource, you can't use that developer for any other project.

3. No more than 1 game per franchise. Spinoffs do not count towards this limit (but beware the one game per developer limit prior).

My list.

Spoiler

1. Guild Wars: Ascended (Arenanet)

This remaster of the incredible online CRPG would add in new content, continued updates, and new "open world" patrol zones akin to those of Marvel Heroes and Destiny.

2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Radiance Amidst Chaos (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) (Intelligent Systems)

Path of Radiance was a near perfect game for its time. Remaster the graphics and redo the animations. Speed up the map animations. Add in new support conversations. Buff a few units who need a boost. Add in an extra difficulty mode, a casual mode, and modern quality of life features.

Radiant Dawn needs more work. Substantial unit rebalancing. Multiple new low and mid tier difficulties. Modern quality of life. Casual mode. A complete set of support conversations and new/alternate endings.

3. Fire Emblem Warriors: War for Fodlan (Team Ninja)

This Age of Calamity style follow up would include:

A canon midquel to 3 Houses with multiple routes featuring as many playable 3 Houses characters as possible. Unlockable Byleth and Rhea on completion.

Free Mode allowing you to replay the story without character restrictions.

History Mode allowing players to experience iconic locations from other games in the franchise. Use the complete Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors: War for Fodlan roster, in addition to new faces such as Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, Lilina, Camus, and others.

4. Trails of Warriors (Omega Force)

A Warriors game set in the Trails/Kiseki universe, featuring a non-canon setting akin to the Phantasma or Reverie Corridor. Allows you to play as many of the main protagonists from Liberl, Crossbell, and Erebonia, and also introduces the new protagonist of Calvard.

5. Ys X - (Nihon Falcom)

Lacrimosa of Dana was fantastic. More of that, please.

6. Tales of the Abyss Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco - Namco Tales Studio)

Tales of the Abyss is an amazing game. It also runs like ass on its original hardware, and it has only since been remastered on the 3DS - which doesn't do it justice. Put it on modern consoles.

7. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Monolithsoft)

A new Xenoblade with an older protagonist and a more action-based evolution of XBC2's combat.

I actually rather like Blades and wouldn't mind them returning. Having the RNG of lootboxes without actually paying for them was a fun outlet.

8. Golden Sun Switch (Camelot Software)

JRPGs are big now, and the Switch is an ideal platform for them. How about giving this tragic flop a new lease on life? I bet it would do so much better today.

9. Dragon Quest 12 (Square Enix)

We all know it's coming. We know it will be good. We don't know when and what it will look like.

10. Banjo Redooie (Toys for Bob - licensed by Microsoft/Rare)

Spyro and Crash got their remakes. It's time for Banjo.

11. Chroma (Harmonix)

One of the most disappointing game cancelations I've faced. A music-based shooter with a Tron aesthetic? Yes, please!

12. Marvel Heroes Reborn (Skystone Games under David Brevik)

Marvel Heroes deserved better, and there hasn't been an adequate replacement since.

Okay my list is

Persona 3 A Journey Renewed remake(Atlus):I still think P3 was the best JRPG I have ever played but it could use a graphic and QoL update

Fire Emblem Echoes: Sacred History,Sacred stones remake(Intelligence System): SS is still the only stand alone(Sans 3H) and it was one of the best.Same as always Graphics and QoL updates

14 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

3. Fire Emblem Warriors: War for Fodlan (Team Ninja)

I’ll just copy this one too for mine.

Gensokyo Warriors(Omega force): With the massive cast of Touhou, this would be an absolute blast of a game and who doesn’t want to wipe out thousands of enemies with your waifu?

Senran Kagura: Shinobi Clash(Tamsoft): A proper Warriors style Senran would be a hell of a crazy game, they got close Estival VS but make it a full hack n’ slash.

Infinite Undiscory 2 (Square Enix): the first one got such a bad rap when it was a really good game, change a bit and it could blow up.

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody remake (Marvelous) this game suffered way to much with the childlike chibi art style. When everyone talks about how much of a beauty Eva or Gwen is, only for them to look like they are like 12.

i know that is only 7 but... I’m out of ideas.

Edited by ciphertul
Remove random QoL

1. New Super Mario RPG (Square Enix) - featuring Mario's Party and Bowser's Party
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Hero of Time (Koei Tecmo) - Seven years after OoT, Link returns to Hyrule as an adult after a long journey, finding a war waiting for him
  3. Metroid Saga (Nintendo EPD/Mercury Steam) - An HD remake compilation of Metroid: Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion, to help tide us over until Metroid Prime 4. The Classic versions of these titles are also included.
  4. Mega Man 12 or Mega Man X9 (Capcom) - hopefully featuring more female bosses
  5. Spyro 4 (Toys for Bob)
  6. Shantae Racing (WayForward) - A Mario Kart-esque racing game starring Shantae and her friends (and foes!)

That's it for now.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Honestly, my actual perfect year would have a whole lot of new IPs, new concepts, and new developers, all coming out of nowehere to completely take me by surprise. More than anything, I'd love to be surprised by a whole lot of amazing titles that I didn't even know I wanted. That said, here's my attempt at a list, ordered from most to least likely to actually happen.

1. Portal 3 (Valve). Just a straight up sequel to a very popular pair of games. I'm not sure there's really much left to do with the series either narratively or mechanically, but I would not be surprised if this happened.
  2. Pokémon auto battler (Creatures). I don't have a proper name for this one, but an auto-battler (along the lines of DOTA Underlords or Teamfight Tactics) using the Pokémon license seem like such a natural and obvious fit to me. This is the second and last title here that wouldn't actually surprise me if it happened.
  3. Endless Ocean 3 (Arika). Do you remember the Endless Ocean games on the Wii? Probably not. I don't think they were ever particularly popular. But I do. I loved them and I want a sequel.
  4. Mage: The Ascension (Paradox Development Studio). I'm imagining this not as an RPG, but as a grand strategy game. I'm not super familiar with World of Darkness lore, but from what I know this seems like it would be a great fit. And Paradox does own the WoD IP these days, so they could make it happen so easily.
  5. Cities: Antiquity (Colossal Order). A city builder set in classical antiquity. Cities: Skylines is great, but I'd rather a fresh game in the same genre than the endless river of DLCs.
  6. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Definitive Edition (Firaxis). Let us all pretend that Civ: Beyond Earth never happened, and instead get the remake of SM:AC that we should have had in the first place. All I want is updated graphics, modern QoL features, and the expansion to be included, and I'll be happy.
  7. Fire Emblem: Children of the Aurora (Intelligent Systems). I'm not asking for a remake of an existing Fire Emblem, nor even a sequel to an existing game, but a brand new game in a brand new setting. Specifically, I want an arctic or subarctic setting, with snow, reindeer, bears, long summer days and long winter nights, the aurora, all that sort of thing. I can't imagine that's the setting IS will actually choose, but this is my dream list, so it's what I'm asking for.
  8. Super Princess Peach Odyssey (Nintendo EPD). A direct sequel to Super Mario Odyssey, set in the same continuity and with the same game engine, but starring Princess Peach and Tiara.
  9. F-Zero (Monolith Soft). This is a weird one. You know how the original F-Zero came with a comic as part of the instruction manual, about Captain Falcon's work as a bounty hunter? And how that then had absolutely nothing to do with the game itself? Well, this is how we're going to revive F-Zero. Instead of just a pure racing game, we're making it a heavily story driven game and adding a bunch of RPG elements in addition to the racing. We're now well into the realm of "this is obviously not happening" but there are still 3 ideas I rank as less likely than this.
  10. Stardew Valley: The Next Generation (Concerned Ape). A direct sequel to Stardew Valley, set in the same location, but some decades later. Let me see how the village has changed and how some of the younger characters have grown up, and give me a new set of characters to get to know, and I'll be happy. It's vaguely plausible that this might happen some day, but for a single person to be able to make this by next year (having previously indicated he's working on other things) is completely implausible.
  11. The Longest Journey Home (Red Thread). The Longest Journey is one of my favourite game series and game universes, and I would love for this to actually get made. However, last I was aware it's status was "probably never happening and if it does, it won't be for a very long time", so I'm definitely not holding my breath.
  12. The Fabulous Adventures of Birdo (Love Conquers All). And now we arrive into the realm of pure fantasy, that exists only in my imagination. We know that Nintendo are somewhat more willing to put their IP into the hands of third party developers than they used to be, but I am imagining a queer, subversive, narrative adventure made by Love Conquers All Games and starring Birdo, and there are about 17 different reasons why this is completely impossible.

Alright. Here they are organized in order of likelihood that these would ever get made, let alone next year.

1. Street Fighter VI: An old aesthetic that's new again. I want Street Fighter to return to sprites in a main entry. The visual style will mainly be based on that of 3 and the Alpha series, but obviously still high on the production values. If current day anime fighters are anything to go off of, people seem very receptive to this aesthetic in the modern era. I think a 2D artstyle is easier/faster/cheaper to make than 3D models, with the only theoretical drawback being that characters would have to be redrawn frame for frame for any skin that's not just a recolor. And you know Capcom isn't about to leave microtransaction money off the table. I wouldn't either. Plus 2D sprites have much better visual indication of where hitboxes are and there's never any weirdness with the Z-Axis like we saw in SF4. But the real hook of Street Fighter 6 is the same one for Smash Ultimate - Everyone is Here. All 79 characters that have appeared in a mainline street fighter game, in addition to a few newcomers. I think Capcom's fighting game division has evolved into something new over the course of years of SF5 updates. Lead Producer Yoshinori Ono just left the company, and I think this is the title that will fully emphasize those differences in design philosophy. SF6 above all needs to be a fully featured, complete product with a massive roster as opposed to 5's early access release.
  2. Fire Emblem: Echoes of the Holy War: Just like Street Fighter 6, my main idea for this game is simple: return to sprites. Fire Emblem just hasn't aesthetically felt right since GBA era, which itself is just an evolution of SNES era. So I want everything from maps to battle animations to be in the form of sprites. No 3D models emoting at each other, no exploration of 3D spaces, none of these other resource-sink distractions. Also, please give us more artwork during dialogue. FE4 has a lot of expository dialogue that's a snore to read through, so give us fully rendered artwork of the actors and events they're describing as they're describing it.
  3. Kirby Star Warriors: Developed by Koei Tecmo, Kirby is low key the best Nintendo property for a musuo game. His rogue's gallery of dream friends leave a treasure trove of moveset possibilities and references. And Kirby games in general have always dared players to go for 100% in completing every mode. Add attainable copy abilities whenever Kirby is being played, and the game pretty much develops itself from there.
  4. Metroid Dread: Yeah I know the name Metroid Dread does not officially come from Nintendo, but among fans it's the best shorthand for a Fusion sequel. I would call it Metroid 5, but technically Fusion is now 5 because Other M exists. Developed primarily by MercurySteam, but also with huge oversight from Metroid's creator and other staff at Nintendo, we pick up right where Fusion leaves off. Samus is put on trial for destroying a Galactic Federation research station. The only other person that knows about why Samus did what she did is her ship's computer that possesses the brain of her old commanding officer (don't ask). And since her ship is impounded, she has no witness to defend her. Because she now possesses both the X parasite infection and Metroid DNA, she's classified as a biological weapon that needs to be exterminated for the good of the galaxy. The game opens on a prison break (because if there's one thing Samus is better at than other game characters, it's escaping cramped circumstances), then Samus escapes and learns that there's more to the Chozo then she has been lead to believe, and she searches for the last of them in search of answers about why the Metroids were really created. This mystery comes between the Federation troops tailing her, as well as the reappearance of the X that Samus tried so hard to prevent. Not only does this progress the series finally, it capitalizes on the mysteries presented in those CG images that were in the Metroid 2 remake. Also in this game, Samus has a beam sword as a new means of attacking. And combat has a flow similar to the Mega Man Zero games where you can attack with one weapon while charging another.
  5. Bayonetta x Devil May Cry: Developed primarily by Platinum Games, Kamiya can finally bring his family back together in this crossover action game. By sticking to the gameplay conceits of either series, you already have quite a bit of variety. Dante is a character who aggressively creates openings and can parry attacks with his own, while Bayonetta is a much more reactive fighter that depends more on dodging. Maybe the narrative can suggest that the demon world Dante and Vergil are trapped in at the end of 5 happens to be tied to the same Hell of Bayonetta's universe. I just want Rodin to serve Vergil a drink. Is that too much to ask?
  6. Punch Out Forever!!: Developed by Next Level Games. This franchise has very little in regards to its mythos and basic premise, and none of its entries can really be pointed to as a "sequel". So I wouldn't call my game a sequel either. The premise I have in mind is that it takes place a generation or two into the future and the Video Boxing Association is a thing of the past. In an effort to reboot itself (because everything is a reboot in the future), modern technology allows them to recreate androids of the greatest boxers of all time - including as many fighters from the Wii and SNES games that the developers think they can get away with. They can also bring back Mac and Doc, but I'd still fight for the inclusion of new, human protagonists with a real passion for boxing. In addition to familiar faces, the new opponents would be high ranking employees of the WVBA's new corporate owners. Because beating up sleazy rich people who don't much care for the realm of boxing should be a lot of fun. 
  7. Castlevania: Developed by From Software, Konami licenses the series to the developers who pretty much made the case for a new Castlevania. I would prefer a game where we play as one of the Belmonts, but making another Alucard game would probably make it easier to fit within the established series canon. Alucard can just sort of wake up at any point in history to fight with his father.
  8. Fallout: City of Angels: Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, I want another game set in California and the greater LA area especially. Not only can a lot of quests and locales serve as allusions to Californian history (the Gold Rush, Zorro, any film history relating to Hollywood, the Water Wars that inspired this film), but it gives them a chance to return to that setting of the original two games. Furthermore, what I want more than anything out of a new Fallout is a return to cars, and California's famous for its highway system being moreso necessary than convenient to get around everywhere. I don't want them to go full Mad Max with car combat, but having a mix of vehicle and storage system is a big deal for this sort of open world game, and it helps establish the scope in distance between environs. In New Vegas, the real life landmarks are about 500 square miles of distance, but in the game space it's 16x16 so that the player can walk from one end to the other. That's usually fine for video games but it creates a dissonance when you realize New Vegas is itself just one city block's worth of distance away from a major ongoing war, but the narrative treats it as this far away event.
  9. Pokemon: Beneath Tartarus: A sequel to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness developed by Genius Sonority. It would be set in the same Orre region as the previous two games, with many returning locations. The underlying theme of these games was always darkness under the surface. Entire civilizations exist underground and what exists above is only the facade of goodness. That's why we have areas like Pyrite town (literally named after "fool's gold") and the creation of Shadow Pokemon that look normal on the surface but really behave like vicious animals that lack morality. The gameplay of capturing and purifying shadow pokemon returns, as do double battles and arena tournaments. One point of contention involving the originals was the lack of pokemon diversity. How the player was restricted to 50-100 families of pokemon. Now that the main series games have the same issue I guess this is no longer a flaw to be addressed. Though I would definitely hope wild pokemon play a larger role in a third game. The pokemon of the Orre region were primarily of Johto and Hoenn, and I think since Orre is based on Arizona, it would only be fitting to add Unova's pokemon to the mix, as well as some faces from whatever the current generation is. The plot would involve Cipher rising once again, kidnapping and replacing entire towns worth of people to suit their goals for world domination. There would also be a lot more underground locales to explore serving as hideouts for the heroes and villains. The titular "Tartarus", would be the main hub town where much of the plot takes place. I would also really like a return to the idea that your protagonist isn't a kid but actually a reformed criminal trying to be the hero. And yes, Miror B would obviously return.
  10. The Green Arrow: A Green Arrow game made by Rocksteady. Ever since the Arkham series ended, everybody's been wondering "what superhero should they tackle next?". We know now that they're working on suicide squad (uh...?) in what is probably a live service type game like Avengers (eww). The reason why I pick Green Arrow is because I think it's crucial to pick somebody that beats up street-level thugs on the regular. Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, those guys are too powerful to fit into the Arkham combat system. It's gotta be somebody known for hand to hand combat but doesn't have super powers, which is a shockingly short list if you're trying to avoid Batman's specific universe. Green Arrow has a bow, but its purpose is mainly for launching gadgets with precision, creating ziplines, and preventing somebody's escape. So this wouldn't be a shooter. 
  11. Star Fox: Defenders of Lylat: Developed by Sora Ltd. Sakurai proves in Kid Icarus Uprising he's a hell of a comedy writer that's great at writing characters and fleshing out old ones. He's the only person to direct my dream game "what if Mass Effect/KOTOR, but it's Star Fox". It's a fully fleshed out western-styled RPG with Star Fox's emphasis on choice and being locked into certain paths and consequences. You take on command of team Star Fox but instead of linear levels, you have the ability to explore planetoids and abandoned parts of space, seeking out and taking on mercenary jobs inbetween major story missions. There's ship customization, and weapon customization for third person on foot sequences. You can walk around the Great Fox hub area chatting up other members of the team and earning their loyalty through their own unique missions. Story Missions would be multi-layered, involving all the gameplay styles and taking into account your chosen squad and their talents. Like how Slippy is a top class hacker who will highlight enemy health bars and weakpoints, but not great in a firefight or dog fight. You can also pause the action in all range mode to send squad mates after specific targets similar to Star Fox 2 and Command. I'd like to avoid player-involved romance, but you can bet things will get steamy after you recruit characters like Kat and Krystal. If we're making a game about furries, I say we have no choice but to lean into the ships.
  12. The Legend of Dragoon 2: The original game didn't really leave many threads for a sequel, and I honestly don't want them to follow up that story. In the same vein that new Final Fantasy games aren't sequels set in the same universe, I want a new take on the series mythos. Even if that results in a functional reboot. I just want more RPGs that have action commands, and this is one of very few franchises associated with that concept. As for who would develop, well as far as I know Sony still does develop games in house occassionally. The last one was Knack 2 so, yeah, let the Knack developers handle it. They're not busy, I assure you.

• Devil Survivor 3 by Atlus
  • Tokyo Xanadu 2 by Nihon Falcom
  • Fire Emblem Thracia 776 (remake for Switch) by Intelligent Systems

and these ones

Gensokyo Warriors(Omega force): With the massive cast of Touhou, this would be an absolute blast of a game and who doesn’t want to wipe out thousands of enemies with your waifu?

Tales of the Abyss Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco - Namco Tales Studio)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Monolithsoft)

Mario Kart 9 or even better Nintendo Kart (Nintendo). I would like to see a proper new installment in the Mario Kart series and since MK8 already featured many non-Mario characters why not just add more and just call it Nintendo Kart or something similar. I would love to see race courses based on other series and characters like Kirby, Fox from Star Fox, Samus from Metroid maybe even some Fire Emblem characters like Marth and Anna there.

Megaman Battle Network Compilation for Switch (Capcom)

Megaman X9 (Capcom). Like how Megaman 11 was a more modern take on the old classic games I would like to see a new Megaman X title based on X1, X2 and X3.

Pokken 2 (Game Freak/Bandai Namco)

New installment in the Legend of Heroes: Trails series (Falcom). Hopefully a new saga based in Calvard or wherever they plan to take the series next.

New installment for Fire Emblem (Intelligent System). Preferably a new title with a new setting and characters. I want them to move from Three Houses and bring something new to the table.

New Fire Emblem Spinoff title (Intelligent System). Don't really care if its a new Warriors game, a fighting game or a different RPG style I would like to see a new Fire Emblem spinoff of some kind.

Persona 6 (Atlus)

9 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Mario Kart 9 or even better Nintendo Kart (Nintendo). I would like to see a proper new installment in the Mario Kart series and since MK8 already featured many non-Mario characters why not just add more and just call it Nintendo Kart or something similar. I would love to see race courses based on other series and characters like Kirby, Fox from Star Fox, Samus from Metroid maybe even some Fire Emblem characters like Marth and Anna there.

Megaman X9 (Capcom). Like how Megaman 11 was a more modern take on the old classic games I would like to see a new Megaman X title based on X1, X2 and X3.

Pokken 2 (Game Freak/Bandai Namco)

New installment in the Legend of Heroes: Trails series (Falcom). Hopefully a new saga based in Calvard or wherever they plan to take the series next.

New installment for Fire Emblem (Intelligent System). Preferably a new title with a new setting and characters. I want them to move from Three Houses and bring something new to the table.

New Fire Emblem Spinoff title (Intelligent System). Don't really care if its a new Warriors game, a fighting game or a different RPG style I would like to see a new Fire Emblem spinoff of some kind.

Persona 6 (Atlus)

Calvard is next for Trails, confirmed. It'll also be on a new engine.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Calvard is next for Trails, confirmed. It'll also be on a new engine.

You mean they are finally ready to move on from Erebonia? Not that I hated the Cold Steel games  but I think four games (technically 4.5 since I think Hajimori is also supposed to have some focus on Erebonia but I have been trying to avoid news or information on the games I haven't played yet) was enough and I want to see other countries in Zemuria get stories and lore added to them. New engine sounds interesting since the Cold Steel one is way outdated.

• 1 month later...

I'll be listing months, mostly for convenience sake, but it doesn't really matter.

JAN: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (Nintendo Switch). I know this game already exists, but I want it, and won't be getting it unless it comes to Switch.

FEB: The Great Ace Attorney 1&2 (3DS, English). Basically, getting these games localized into English, sold as a set package. As implausible as it seems, though I think there's been leaked shots of the first one coming.

MAR: Selene (Celeste 2). A game with the same mechanics, styling, and setting as Celeste, but in a new locale (say, the Selene Forest). Say, a new main character who's searching the woods for their lost friend, and learns about themself along the way. Could feature an older Madeline in a minor role. Lower difficulty curve, but even more open-ended level design.

APR: Fire Emblem: Shadows of the Genealogy of the Holy War: Echoes of the Crusaders. Getting an FE4 remake on Switch is pretty old hat at this point. Voice acting, new graphics, a full support system, more difficulty levels, and a castle you can explore between chapters. Maybe also some new mechanics (like combat arts or gambits), and a couple introduced characters in each gen.

MAY: Pokemon Apricorigins. Terrible name, but the general idea would be this: a Pokemon game set in the pre-modern era, with a need to "live off the land". Collect Apricorns to make Poke Balls, harvest berries to brew Potions. No Pokemon Centers, no Computers, and limited bag space. Heavy emphasis on dungeon design, and leveling limits to prevent juggernauting. No new Pokemon (post-Gen-VIII), but ~300 old ones form the regional Dex, and the rest can be transferred in after a certain point.

JUN: Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Doorsteps. Pretty simple, a combined remake of the first two Paper Mario games for the Switch. With melded aesthetics and mechanics, updated graphics, and... that's just about it. Stretch goal: playable Paper Luigi sidequests.

That's all for now, but I'll try to think up more! EDIT: Here they are!

JUL: Crash for Smash. Not a game in its own right, but I'd just really like to see Crash Bandicoot as a DLC character for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. His platforming abilities lend themselves naturally to a Smash moveset. I haven't picked the game up since the first pass ended, but this would definitely bring me back.

AUG: Among Us: Imposter Syndrome. The idea here is, a DLC pack for Among Us (what can I say, I've gotten into it with friends these past couple months). It would include three new maps, in new settings (deep underground, bottom of the sea, and surface of the moon), with new tasks (say, simple math problems, sorting cards by suit, arranging clothes by color) and new sabotages (turning the floor slippery, reversing the directional buttons, additional existential threats). The total party size is upped to 12, and NPC players can join too. Costs $5 on Steam.

SEP: Sonic Adventures: Relive and Learn. Pretty simple, a combined remake of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, on the Switch. Featuring a Chao Garden that's integrated between the two (possibly tied in with a "Chao Walker" app on your phone?). Graphical updates, improved sound mixing, and online multiplayer is the name of the game. Maybe add more missions and emblems to SA1? IDK.

OCT: Fire Emblem Maker. I've probably broken the developer rule at this point, but I'm not into enough game series to avoid it. Basically, a game that lets you build your own Fire Emblem maps and campaigns. It'd be as close as possible to "FE Builder GBA", while existing on the Switch. A "character creator" that lets you design, name, and give stats and a class to each character. The ability to design a map, choose from among various objectives, and litter it with enemies. To make up for the lack of keyboard input, you can choose from "stock dialogue", with personal names and places thrown in like mad libs. And of course, you can play the maps and campaigns that others have developed, and share your own with them.

NOV: AI: Dreams Abound. A sequel to AI: The Somnium Files. It's hard to get into how this might go without majorly spoiling the game. But I really enjoy Kotaro Uchikoshi's work in general, and found this game to have great stylistic synergy (roughly between Zero Escape and Ace Attorney). And the characters are very compelling, so I wouldn't mind seeing what they're up to, say, a decade later.

DEC: Pokemon Showdown!. Yeah, I know that's the name of a battle simulator. The notion here is, an official Nintendo game that captures the possibilities and customizability of a teambuilder, with the graphical polish of games like Stadium and Battle Revolution. There's also a rental mode (and a mini-story campaign, so as you progress, you unlock more possible rentals), and of course, you can bring your own teams in from Sword and Shield. And if minigames were your jam in the Stadium games, well now they're back with a vengeance!

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Added JUL - DEC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deltarune, which I doubt would happen but hey.
  • A new Megaman X or Megaman ZX game. We've already shown interest, Capcom. What are you doing?
  • A Sonic Mania-like classic game. I know Iizuka doesn't want a Sonic Mania 2, but hey.
  • Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 & 2 translated, be it from the fan translation or the official one.
  • Trails to Zero/Azure translated, either fan or official.
  • A Silent Hill remake. I always wanted to get into this series.
  • A new Zero Escape game. Doesn't need to be sequel/prequel to anything and I'd rather it existed on its own universe with just a few similarities between the original games.
  • Persona 3 remake, with all the content they split up through three versions.
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake or another Fire Emblem game, be it original or remake. I'd enjoy playing 6 & 7 or even a remastered compilation of FE9 and FE10.
  • More SD Gundam ports to PC/available to the western public. The PS4 exclusive one comes to mind.
  • A new Yggdra Union-like game.
  • Sonic Maker, please.
  • Persona 5 Scramble translation/localization.

1. Nintendo and Koei Tecmo (so this counts as Koei Tecmo) do a public announcement saying, "Sorry if our marketing for Age of Calamity gave a lot of people the wrong impression. This new free expansion for the game, however, will in fact be a direct prequel to Breath of the Wild and show how things played out in the original timeline". So, a free Age of Calamity expansion that actually is a direct prequel to BOTW.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, NSSKG151 said:

This.

3. Nintendo Kart: a Mario Kart game with characters from many different Nintendo series.