Do you prefer to play as Male or Female Avatar characters?

ZeManaphy

What gender of Avatar do you prefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gender?

7 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I was curious how a Non Binary person would answer, as most games just give femenine and masculine options. By your answer, if you dont mind me guessing, you're biological male with a more neutral lean? Also, I'm curious what games you've played with a feminine male customization. That seams to be relatively uncommon.

Hey, thanks for asking! Yeah, I'm assigned-male-at-birth (AKA biologically male), but I'm keen on more feminine modes of self-expression. Obviously, feminine guys are cool, but I don't feel totally comfortable being regarded as one, nor as a woman. So, non-binary.

As for "feminine male customization", the main one that comes to mind is Animal Crossing. In New Horizons, basically any clothes, hairstyles, makeup are available to male and female characters alike. Then again, sex/gender in that game can be switched at any time, so... everyone is genderfluid?

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Hey, thanks for asking! Yeah, I'm assigned-male-at-birth (AKA biologically male), but I'm keen on more feminine modes of self-expression. Obviously, feminine guys are cool, but I don't feel totally comfortable being regarded as one, nor as a woman. So, non-binary.

As for "feminine male customization", the main one that comes to mind is Animal Crossing. In New Horizons, basically any clothes, hairstyles, makeup are available to male and female characters alike. Then again, sex/gender in that game can be switched at any time, so... everyone is genderfluid?

Cool, cool. And as for customization, I wouldn't be surprised if the Animal Crossing New Horizons method is used for more games in the future. 

Depends. Most games I have a save for both male and female.

If I want a self insert then, male.

But a lot of games I’ll run as a girl, especially if it has lots of character customization so I can appeal to my interests. Another deciding factor is who I’ll be playing the game around, I don’t like playing as female if it’s a game I play around family or such. 

• 3 weeks later...

Female, because I'm a guy, and I'd like to play from the opposite gender viewpoint. Especially if the female one is written well - here's a look at you, Kotone/Minako/FeMC of Persona 3!